Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 207279 times)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2012, 12:46:19 AM »
Yeah the small number of available lots is a bit of a pain. I'm starting a new family now that I've got the hang of things (young adult fairy named Thandie Pick and her rainboo toddler twins Moven and Snow - wanted them to be siblings really but it wouldn't let me :() and I spent about five minutes trying to pick a lot because none of them were really quite what I wanted. All much bigger and most of them are on the outskirts - as much as a town that scattered has outskirts, at least. :)

On the plus side, toddlers can definitely use the fairy bungalow/castle, which apart from saving money means.... no having to send an adult just to let them out of their crib/put them back in! They can put themselves to bed and get up when they wake! (I had a mod in Sims 2 for toddlers to get out of cribs by themselves and chances are there's one for 3 as well but I haven't been bothered looking for *any* mods, really.) All they eat[/drink] is pollen punch, too, lol. No adult needed to feed them either. As soon as Moven needs to potty again I can get her potty trained and then they'll be pretty autonomous.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2012, 12:54:38 AM »
...what's LLAMA stand for? And what is it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2012, 12:57:44 AM »
I forget what it stands for, but it basically allows a Sim to teleport from one LLAMA to another. Think of it like the TARDIS from Doctor Who - but it can only teleport from one TARDIS to another.

Side note: Guess what I named my LLAMA? I named it TARAMA.

Offline Asadora

• Nooboo
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »

Hello all!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I received the Supernatural EP yesterday morning. I ripped it out of the package at 10:30am, spent all day playing it and then encountered a crash (which was not fault with the game) and I failed to remember to save my game. But it's okay, now I just start all over again. It's such a fun EP that I actually don't mind!
I made a vampire and just explored a lot, to see what was available to a vampire. I found a genie lamp when exploring a catacomb. Went home and rubbed the lamp, the genie came. Having a genie in your house is really nifty, especially if you have Lord Valdamir's Cauldron, because the genie will often go to the cauldron and conjure and leaving behind gems like bloodstones. I found that really handy.

This is by far the best EP for The Sims 3, in my opinion. The zombies are annoying, but if you are a vampire, (not sure if this works with other types), you can at least read their minds or make them think of you.

I appericate this forum as well, so thanks to everyone who has made it a wonderful informative place!

Kind Regards ;)

Offline Wiker12

• Insane Sims addict
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Yes, I'm Insane. Get over it.
    • World of Tribes
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2012, 06:52:45 AM »
I LOVE SUPERNATURAL!
I got it today, and My little sister and I spent an hour making a family of a female fairy, male vamp, female witch, male werewolf, and a female ghost that died from old age. It was hilarious watching the werewolf transform other sims.
The fairy's pranks were pretty funny. The part I hated thou was, you guessed it, Zombies. THEY ARE EXTREMLY ANNOYING!
Expansion packs I own:World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons.

Stuff Packs I own: Outdoor Living, Town Life, High End Loft

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2012, 09:45:27 AM »
Just a little thing I noticed when I was trying to get Supernatural to work yesterday, the code was ****-****-****-AURA-**** and seeing as fairies have auras, I thought this was the most awesome thing. :D Is it just a coincidence or does anyone else have this too?

Offline akeripper

• Nooboo
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2012, 10:51:08 AM »
only problem so far: buisness complex is located where?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2012, 10:56:34 AM »
only problem so far: buisness complex is located where?

Business rabbithole is also the bistro rabbithole.  It's right across from the theatre and art museum.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #158 on: September 08, 2012, 11:41:35 AM »
Part of my code was WUHU -- wonder if other people's SN codes spelled something?

I noticed that the house my witch just moved into has an air-conditioning unit; wonder if that will come in handy in a couple of months.
I don't remember seeing one before.

When you place an alchemy station on your lot, you seem to get either a ruby or an emerald or both, plus some butterflies. Have other people noticed whether they continue to spawn?

I love being a witch. These are definitely an improvement on the witches in TS2.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #159 on: September 08, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
I placed 2 stations and I get 2 gems everyday. I also have butterflies and beetles.  My witch is Lv10 now!

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2012, 04:42:18 PM »
The bug display case. Not only can you display up to 8 bugs (2 side by side, stack of 4 each), but when you open it, you can store more bugs inside, like the treasure chests from EA.

This is great!  Do the bugs eat each other like the fish if you put them together?

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2012, 07:26:33 PM »
This is great!  Do the bugs eat each other like the fish if you put them together?

they are still in their separate glass boxes, but you can stack them pretty on the shelf.  Its not like the fish tanks.

Offline LIUBluejeans

• Nooboo
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2012, 11:29:02 PM »
I really dislike the clothing in a CAS. Just imagine someone wearing a torn shirt, fairy pants, and flippers!

That would certainly be no worse than to see that your Sims hot neighbor spins into his speedo and pirate boots.

I kinda like the new clothing.

So far, I am almost overwhelmed by all the new stuff in this pack!  It has certainly changed the game.  For my first forray, I chose one of the prebuilt families, Linda Rodgers, who has adopted a daughter.  The daughter, Sophie, as it turns out, is a fairy... so I'm having a fun playing with my first fairy from toddler up.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
Part of my code was MA6E. Close enough to Mage for me.  ;D

When you place an alchemy station on your lot, you seem to get either a ruby or an emerald or both, plus some butterflies. Have other people noticed whether they continue to spawn?

Where do they spawn? Around the lot or on the Station?

Offline Alexrandia

• Hopeless Sim Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »
I've only played one game at this point. Started with a female fairy and her dog (Schipperke's Incubus from the Swap Shop). I gave my fairy the LTW to max alchemy and use 50 elixirs. Maxing alchemy wasn't very hard, but I always end up selling my elixirs before I think to use them.

Which brings me to one of my favorite things about this EP. The Elixir Shop is open 24 hours! And you can sell gems and metals now! Also, it's probably a combo of her traits (which include Gatherer and Savvy Businesswoman), the Suave Seller LTR, and having a good relationship with the consignment store, but I have made boatloads of money selling stuff! I've been selling the extra ingredients as well, and I usually wait till I have a lot of stuff before going down there. At one point, the popup said my sim made over $42k with $1 in consignment fees. I also love the gem cutter. Such a time and money saver! I've had heart shaped pink diamonds sell for over $6k a piece.

I'm still on the fence about Bonehilda though. She was very good at cleaning, except she didn't ever do laundry. I had my laundry stuff in the yard instead of in the house; not sure if that made a difference. She kept trying to teach my dog tricks, which would interrupt his queue of hunting collectables.

I also have the zombie apocalypse with them constantly re-spawning, even after I moved. I have a fence around most of the lot, with a few locked gates. I constantly have 5-6 zombies standing there stomping their feet because they can't get in. I'll have to try starting a new game and hope that fixes it.

Off to CAS to make a witch! Or maybe a werewolf. Or another fairy.....
Call me Alex.

One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. - Robert Heinlein

My first story: Woods Family Empire
Based on the project I wrote: Family Empire.

anything