Author Topic: Supernatural - First Impressions  (Read 206707 times)

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
Re: Supernatural - First Impressions
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »
Here's a list of random things I've noticed in my first day of playing Supernatural:

• The Gem Cutting Machine has the same progression as mailing Gems off to be cut. There is an option to make 'Gem Dust.' Also, Gem Dust is generated randomly during normal cutting.
  • Metals do not have to be smelted in order to use them in Elixers.
  • Many alchemy recipes call for "any" ingredient of a particular type. i.e. Any Butterfly, or Any Mushroom.
  • To avoid the bee attack moodlet when using the bee box, try your interactions in the following order: smoke the box, harvest honey (if possible), clean the box, feed the bees.
  • Conjuring apples can result in any quality of apple or in poisoned apples. Though I haven't attempted it yet, there is a gift option on the poisoned apples!
  • The conversion ritual can result in rare or expensive ingredients, while raising caster level. I suggest conjuring apples, then converting them for fastest increase. The ritual can be repeated on an object multiple times, until you get something you actually want or want to sell. Free money!
  • There is no skill tab for the magic skill, nor any challenges. However, turning your neighbor into a toad is its own reward!
  • You can start a fire on your lot by randomly aiming a fire burst at an empty square. Put out the fire using ice burst. If the fire burned long enough - only a minute or two - then you get a small check from the 'insurance company.'
  • All new harvestables - including wolfsbane ??? - can go in the fridge. As wolfsbane is poisonous in reality, I don't suggest trying this at home.
  • The Alchemy skill did not give a level 10 reward certificate. This may be a bug, but I haven't checked to see if the other skills still give them.
  • Curse a zombie with Haunting. They'll chase the ghost around your lot.
  • Unlike reality, felines do not interact with the bee box. So, no stung moodlet for kitty.
  • Honey is considered a harvestable for opportunity purposes.
  • There are new books in the bookstore. Titles include: "The Silence of the Llamas" and "The Sandwich Horror."
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »
Will the guard dog chase the zombies? That would be awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
Fairy Sims can explore the Arboretum to search for fairies. If they find one, they will automatically become friends with it. It is not always successful. One of my fairies did not find a fairy, instead she came out with two seeds. They can also play fairy games and enter gardening competitions at the Arboretum. I don't know if non-Fairies can really do anything there as I haven't tried yet.

My witch was able to explore the arboretum for fairies as well.  Didn't find any but got a couple of seeds.

Edited:  iPhone auto-correct blah.

Offline Amber Vain

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »
You can start a fire on your lot by randomly aiming a fire burst at an empty square. Put out the fire using ice burst. If the fire burned long enough - only a minute or two - then you get a small check from the 'insurance company.'

This happened to me on accident, except I didn't think to use the ice spell and spent ten minutes trying to extinguish what had become a very large fire...ended up getting a check for 400 grand simoleans :x

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
So far I am enjoying it! The new supernaturals look pretty nifty (even if the vampires can be made to *shudders* sparkle) and have some great new interactions. There are some lovely new outfits and hairstyles. Additional recipes, books, harvestables, and skills are always nice! I haven't encountered any game-breaking bugs, just a few minor ones so far.
- Eisande

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
I really dislike the clothing in a CAS. Just imagine someone wearing a torn shirt, fairy pants, and flippers!

Well yeah, but you can get terrible combinations of clothing from any of the expansions, or the base game. There's plenty of options that look great together.

Argh it's my last day of work for the week, I was looking forward to playing for three and a half days, then I found out an exhibition is opening on Monday and I have to put together something for it. Hopefully it won't take too long since I already have stuff I've finished. I'm seriously enjoying the expansion so far! Want to plant more things and catch more fishes and research and make friends and save for collection helper and queen of the fae.

Oh - hairstyles. Someone said there were 13 new ones for teen girls and that young adult had the same ones, but there were only five or so when I was creating my fairy. Do the others show up for other species of sim?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »
Did you look under the hats section as well? Most of them were in there.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Here's a list of random things I've noticed in my first day of playing Supernatural:

• The Gem Cutting Machine has the same progression as mailing Gems off to be cut. There is an option to make 'Gem Dust.' Also, Gem Dust is generated randomly during normal cutting.
  • Metals do not have to be smelted in order to use them in Elixers.
  • Many alchemy recipes call for "any" ingredient of a particular type. i.e. Any Butterfly, or Any Mushroom.
  • To avoid the bee attack moodlet when using the bee box, try your interactions in the following order: smoke the box, harvest honey (if possible), clean the box, feed the bees.
  • Conjuring apples can result in any quality of apple or in poisoned apples. Though I haven't attempted it yet, there is a gift option on the poisoned apples!
  • The conversion ritual can result in rare or expensive ingredients, while raising caster level. I suggest conjuring apples, then converting them for fastest increase. The ritual can be repeated on an object multiple times, until you get something you actually want or want to sell. Free money!
  • There is no skill tab for the magic skill, nor any challenges. However, turning your neighbor into a toad is its own reward!
  • You can start a fire on your lot by randomly aiming a fire burst at an empty square. Put out the fire using ice burst. If the fire burned long enough - only a minute or two - then you get a small check from the 'insurance company.'
  • All new harvestables - including wolfsbane ??? - can go in the fridge. As wolfsbane is poisonous in reality, I don't suggest trying this at home.
  • The Alchemy skill did not give a level 10 reward certificate. This may be a bug, but I haven't checked to see if the other skills still give them.
  • Curse a zombie with Haunting. They'll chase the ghost around your lot.
  • Unlike reality, felines do not interact with the bee box. So, no stung moodlet for kitty.
  • Honey is considered a harvestable for opportunity purposes.
  • There are new books in the bookstore. Titles include: "The Silence of the Llamas" and "The Sandwich Horror."

I assume Silence Of The Llamas is a cooking book? Cooking with Sims, for Sims, using Sims. :P

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »
My thought is that Silence of the Llamas isn't a cookbook, it's a spoof of Silence of the Lambs (my guess is that it would fall under the Horror category, but I've never read/seen Lambs, so I don't know what genre it really is).

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
Silence of the Lambs is definitely a horror/thriller.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2012, 04:53:43 PM »
My thought is that Silence of the Llamas isn't a cookbook, it's a spoof of Silence of the Lambs (my guess is that it would fall under the Horror category, but I've never read/seen Lambs, so I don't know what genre it really is).

I think it's just a joke - the villain in the story is a cannibal ;-)

I'm assuming The Sandwich Horror is a H.P. Lovecraft reference - The Dunwich Horror - unless anyone has a better idea.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
My Fairy mother is now on her third pregnancy, and she seems to get the 2 hour nauseous moodlet A LOT. She gets the moodlet, throws up, and soon after, the moodlet comes back. Over and over for the full three days. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is my fairy just weird?

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
My witch got an opportunity to become a Arcane Master. She had to take four insects to the science facility. The she has to take very nice or better wolfsbane, red valerian and mandrake to the Arboretum. She hasn't done this part yet.
I will post when she does to let you know what the reward is.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »
My witch got an opportunity to become a Arcane Master. She had to take four insects to the science facility. The she has to take very nice or better wolfsbane, red valerian and mandrake to the Arboretum. She hasn't done this part yet.
I will post when she does to let you know what the reward is.

Afterwards you need to go to the Vault of Antiquity and the reward that I and someone else got was the Philosopher's Stone.   This opportunity seems to be automatically triggered as soon as you max alchemy.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »
For some strange reason, I really like the appearance of the hospital.  Just "feels" more like a hospital to me.  Was cool to find garlic and pepper plants there and red mushrooms behind the school.  Anyone notice the molecular rearrangers?  I imagine they are rather like subways..  Hope they work better!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery