Author Topic: Alchemy  (Read 51310 times)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
Re: Alchemy
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 04:39:36 PM »
Yea im glad that you can grow most of the ingredients. I have 2 of every plantable object in my garden except for the world adventure seeds and it takes my sim about half the day just to tend and harvest the garden. i can't imagine how long with all those different grapes! im about to start working on inventing so i can make a harvester. that should make getting all those ingridients a lot easier.

My mother fairy has been collecting seeds so one of her kids can be a gardener - the other one will have the ghost hunting career and level inventing so I'm glad you reminded me of the harvester. I just have to wait until the kids are older because he can't read the gardening skill book yet! The delay does mean that I can collect enough seeds to just use the best quality ones though.

(Though on that note - has anyone noticed whether the quality of ingredients actually affects the elixirs in any way?)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 05:19:30 AM »
Is the mummy curse permanent? My sim turned Tom Wordy into a mummy and she wasn't able to throw a cure elixir at him or use the "sun" charm to turn him back.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 06:11:22 AM »
Is the mummy curse permanent? My sim turned Tom Wordy into a mummy and she wasn't able to throw a cure elixir at him or use the "sun" charm to turn him back.

You'll have to use the Potent Cure to cure the mummification. Cure and sunlight only cure things like zombies, but not potent zombies.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2012, 08:35:06 AM »
He's going to have to wait awhile, since she's still learning.

Offline Nebuchadnezzar

• Bleak
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Brimstone and Decay
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »
The Invigorating Elixir only filled energy by 50%.  It also appeared to freeze the energy need depletion for 6 hours.

The Potent Invigorating Elixir is godlike; if you have a good and steady supply of it, you never have to sleep. It's awesome.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 03:17:27 PM »
Just a heads up if a elixir explodes when you are making it you can get the toadifictaion curse cast on your sim. It happened to Paul earlier in my Life state dynasty. ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 03:33:42 PM »
I've noticed that just by learning this skill and possibly also because you have the alchemy station that it causes alchemy spawners to to appear on your lot.   My immortal dynasty suddenly has insects under the painting easels and iron popping up next to the gnome graveyard.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »
I have two gem spawners in my front yard that shouldn't have been there, and insects running amok everywhere, so yes, that is a confirmed effect of Alchemy.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
I've noticed that just by learning this skill and possibly also because you have the alchemy station that it causes alchemy spawners to to appear on your lot.   My immortal dynasty suddenly has insects under the painting easels and iron popping up next to the gnome graveyard.

OK, I knew about the spawners. But.... gnome graveyard? I didn't think those little monsters ever died.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
Mysterious Mr Gnome will have babies, age up, and die.

None of the others appear to share those traits.

Offline AnnDruvez

• I have a real life build project....
  • Townie
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »
Mysterious Mr Gnome will have babies, age up, and die.

None of the others appear to share those traits.

That's kinda neat.... And here I just usually sell them the minute I get them.
A 1920s era house needing heat, AC, new floors, new drywall on the walls and ceilings, new bathroom fixtures, new kitchen cabinets, new water heaters.... The roof is sound, but why didn't I just buy an empty lot?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
What are the skill challenges for alchemy?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »
They are: Learn all 44 recipes, create 150 elixirs & throw 50 elixirs at other Sims.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 03:53:06 AM »
The horses have babies too :) I'm not sure about the other Gnomes.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »
I'm curious,

What about other combinations, such as wolfsbane, a specific mushroom and specific fish, or gem or other combinations?  There must be bunches that can be made up.

Do they do anything or is the programing for only the ones listed here? 

anything