Author Topic: Zombies eating garden  (Read 48859 times)

Offline bsmesser

• Nooboo
Zombies eating garden
« on: September 08, 2012, 01:14:29 AM »
I searched and can't find an answer (unless it is the peashooter).  I have zombies ruining my garden.  My sim is a fairy.  there is no click action when clicking on the zombie.  She doesn't even know they are there.  What gets rid of them in this case?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Zombies eating garden
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »
A peashooter will get rid of the zombies if they go near it.   However, just having a locked fence around the garden will keep pets and zombies out.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 03:03:25 AM »
I actually just used the moveobjects on cheat when I first saw it happening - moved the zombie out of the way and hastily built a fence, locked the gate to household only. Prevention is definitely the best cure in this case as sims can't interact with zombies except for being targeted by Zombie attack!.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 03:18:43 AM »
I'm playing a townie household in Moonlight Falls and the gate around the garden can't be locked.  I get nothing when I hover it.  I'm going to try replacing it, but at the moment it's not working.  The peashooter worked nicely, though.  I think maybe the zombies move toward it when your Sim tells it to attack a zombie.  They were eating the garden and after one would finish a plant, it would walk directly to the peashooter and get blasted.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Zombies eating garden
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:45:52 AM »
In my game, the zombie moved toward the peashooter without my input. It (the peashooter) shot the zombie and it fell down for a few minutes and then left in an old car.

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 06:17:50 AM »
I have the same problem! I have now managed to lock the gate and will now have to replace all my vegetables.
My fairy child can talk to them and managed to make friends with them, while her human Mom can't not sure if she notice them in the garden, but she sure noticed the one that attacked her in the library!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 06:28:09 AM »
Genies can banish a zombie. The indoor planters work for things that aren't trees.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 09:47:59 AM »
When using the peashooters, the zombie always seems to destroy one plant, before walking towards the shooter.  Also I've not seen the peashooter autonomously target a zombie, I've always manually targeted it, but perhaps I've not been patient enough.  Seeing my garden getting scarfed down, doesn't breed patience!

One other thing to be aware off - if you fence off your whole garden, this won't keep the zombie out, as they can spawn inside your lot.  So if you have a large gardening plot this can be troublesome.

I can see zombies being the new paparazzi.  I can see control options to turn off vampires, werewolves, fairies and witches, but can't see one for zombies.

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »
I also have not seen the peashooter target a zombie on it's own. I've had to tell it to shoot the zombie. Which isn't a huge deal, but not how I expected it to work. I also have a smallish lot and could only afford one, so I've found myself having to move it around to get a good angle on the zombie. So maybe I need to be more patient too.
Sabrina

Offline candyraver69

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »
I made my garden inside by planting and then walling off the area like a garage. The sim whines that the floor isn't finished when gardening but at least zombies don't kill my plants. When I need to plant again I remove one wall section, plant, and put it back.

One thing I noticed with my game I was living outside was that if you are playing an instrument you can ask zombies to join and they will! I had a zombie apocalypse with tons of zombies and they all played guitar with me :P So that might work as a distraction tactic if you don't want to garden inside. Also good way to build relationships.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Zombies eating garden
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
My gardens are fenced off and gates are locked. I have had no problems with zombies getting into the garden area. The I've noticed that I get the same zombies spawned, so they always go toward the same peashooters every time. I don't have to click on the any more unless a new zombie shows up.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2012, 03:13:25 PM »
Mine have stopped appearing in my garden after 24 hours went by, so looks like the spawns just don't reset for a whilst, but once they do, if you're fenced off and all your gates are locked, you should be safe.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »

I can see zombies being the new paparazzi.  I can see control options to turn off vampires, werewolves, fairies and witches, but can't see one for zombies.

Using testingcheatsenabled true, shift click on the mail box.  You get an option to control supernaturals.  Then you get an option to add or remove supernaturals.  Zombies are on the list but paparazzi are not and neither are celebs.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
I've replaced the fence and gate and I'm still unable to lock it.  No options appear at all.

My gardens are fenced off and gates are locked. I have had no problems with zombies getting into the garden area. The I've noticed that I get the same zombies spawned, so they always go toward the same peashooters every time. I don't have to click on the any more unless a new zombie shows up.

Do you mean that if the same zombie shows up the next time that the peashooters will automatically start firing at it without you telling them to?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »
I've replaced the fence and gate and I'm still unable to lock it.  No options appear at all.

Do you mean that if the same zombie shows up the next time that the peashooters will automatically start firing at it without you telling them to?

Which toon do you have selected when you try to lock it?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything