Author Topic: Zombies eating garden  (Read 48858 times)

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Zombies eating garden
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 06:57:52 PM »
I've replaced the fence and gate and I'm still unable to lock it.  No options appear at all.

Do you mean that if the same zombie shows up the next time that the peashooters will automatically start firing at it without you telling them to?

In my game it does, I was watching to see what would happen when it came up. The zombie started walking, stopped, turned to the shooter and went at it.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Zombies eating garden
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
I haven't told the peashooter to attack but a couple of times. It seems the zombies just go after them except when they are sitting in the rocking chair on the porch. :) They seem to love the rocking chair.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
To get around the hastle of zombies in my garden ive actually built a seperate gardening area next to the kitchen that is completly fenced off with no gates and can only be accessed through a side door in the kitchen so the zombies spawn in the regular garden area. (This probably wont work if you have foundations) My sims garden has never been bothered or invaded because they have to go through the main house, they just stand and my back door getting annoyed untill the peashooter get them!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »
Which toon do you have selected when you try to lock it?

Toon?  Well, I have my adult Sim selected when I click on the gate.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 09:15:32 PM »
That's what I meant sorry Pam.  Not sure where my head was when I wrote that.  Have you tried doing it with more than one Sim?   I've been able to lock and unlock gates with every type of Sim before Supernatural including pets.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
If you don't want  zombies, you can also go into options and turn off moon phases - they only appear on the full moon.  You'll also affect other supernaturals too, though!

I've just been having my alchemist sim make up bunches of cure potions, and I have somebody in the household throw one as soon as a zombie spawns.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
I've replaced the fence and gate and I'm still unable to lock it.  No options appear at all.

Do you mean that if the same zombie shows up the next time that the peashooters will automatically start firing at it without you telling them to?

When you made your fence did you use the create a fence or create a yard option?
Reason I ask is I had this problem once where I couldn't lock the gate even after deleting and rebuilding the fence a few times. I was using the create a fence option and putting down one side at a time.
For the heck of it I tried it again using the create a yard option and drew the whole garden area out at once and put the gate in and was able to lock it. I don't know why it made a difference but it worked for some reason. It's been a while back when that happened but it might be worth a try.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 10:11:48 PM »
When you made your fence did you use the create a fence or create a yard option?
Reason I ask is I had this problem once where I couldn't lock the gate even after deleting and rebuilding the fence a few times. I was using the create a fence option and putting down one side at a time.
For the heck of it I tried it again using the create a yard option and drew the whole garden area out at once and put the gate in and was able to lock it. I don't know why it made a difference but it worked for some reason. It's been a while back when that happened but it might be worth a try.

I didn't build the fence at all.  It's an existing townie house in Moonlight Falls and the fence/gate was already in place.  I've deleted and replaced the gate and have also deleted and replaced the entire side of the fence.  I've just deleted the gate completely because the garden is accessible from the back door of the house.  I don't think I really need a gate right now, so I'm going to leave it like this for awhile.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline SabrinaFaire

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:31 AM »
If you don't want  zombies, you can also go into options and turn off moon phases - they only appear on the full moon.  You'll also affect other supernaturals too, though!

I've just been having my alchemist sim make up bunches of cure potions, and I have somebody in the household throw one as soon as a zombie spawns.

I've read that they only show up on the full moon but I've had them pop up during other moon cycles and in the middle of the day. I keep trying to level alchemy and magic with my witch since it's her LTW to cure I think 12 people but so far she hasn't gotten there.

I did fence off the garden with a locked gate and so far none have gotten in.
Sabrina

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 12:24:06 PM »
I've read that they only show up on the full moon but I've had them pop up during other moon cycles and in the middle of the day. I keep trying to level alchemy and magic with my witch since it's her LTW to cure I think 12 people but so far she hasn't gotten there.

I did fence off the garden with a locked gate and so far none have gotten in.

Same thing for me. The zombies show up anytime day or night not matter what the moon cycle is. Only thing I've seen different with the full moon is there seems to be more zombies show up than at other times.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »
@Pam:  Sometimes the gate has to be into the yard a wee bit for it to be lockable.  Here's a pic to show what I mean.  This is a big gate but even small gates sometimes need to be inside a bit to be lockable.  Just jog your fence into the yard for 2-4 spaces, add the gate, jog back out and reconnect and you should be able to lock your gate.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »
I had major problems with zombies.  I initially put the garden out the back and fenced that off, but they still showed up and were just irritating me (not eating plants as they couldn't get to them, the fence joined the back of the house)
I did what Joria did, big fence at the very edge of the property, gate doesn't need to be locked for me either, this seems to stop them spawning on my lot completely now. 8)
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 04:48:14 PM »
My gate is on a part of the fence that cuts through the middle of the yard, so moving it away from the edge won't help.  For now, I've deleted the gate and it's good so far.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline SBNao1

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
Intereting enough, one of the zombies who showed up on my lot pulled out a stereo and all of them started dancing. The zombie fairy looked a little creepy, but that may be worth looking into. Also, the mailbox cheat is awesome. On a side note for the celebrities thing, look in the options menu. You can opt your household out of the celebrity system, which I believe should prevent any new celebs in your house, thus the papparazzi hanging around.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »
If your fairy is a high enough level you can use bloom after the zombies have eaten the plants.  I have tried this and it worked for one of the plants and I had two plants that I had put outside.( I put the others inside because I thought they looked pretty there. :) )  Who knows, maybe bloom has a 5% chance to fail.  But at least I got one plant saved.  If your fairy isn't that high of level yet... your stuck with the fence and put it indoors method. 
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)