Author Topic: Zombies eating garden  (Read 49076 times)

Offline Emmaoc6

• Nooboo
Re: Zombies eating garden
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »
My gate is on a part of the fence that cuts through the middle of the yard, so moving it away from the edge won't help.  For now, I've deleted the gate and it's good so far.

I had a problem with my gate, it showed no circle when hovering over it, but even though there was no circle I could still click and the actions came up to lock it, wasn't just my gate that this happened with though.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 03:06:52 AM »
I was thinking about building a moat around the edge of my property using the landscaping tools since money is short and my lot is huge.  I'll leave a small break in the moat with a locked gate to prevent intruders.  It might not help much though if zombies can spawn directly on my property.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline eisande

• Proud Player
  • Townie
  • Reader, Writer, Gamer
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 03:10:53 AM »
Yes, they certainly do!

And I didn't even know my Sims had plants on their lot (they moved into a prebuilt house) until the zombies showed up and started attacking the plants. Fencing off the gardens has worked for me so far; they have yet to spawn inside my gardens but I don't leave a lot of space for them to spawn so maybe that has something to do with it?
- Eisande

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 03:15:14 AM »
Oh well, I might still make a moat and stock it with fishes when I get around to leveling fishing.  :)

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 04:32:00 AM »
Intereting enough, one of the zombies who showed up on my lot pulled out a stereo and all of them started dancing. The zombie fairy looked a little creepy, but that may be worth looking into. Also, the mailbox cheat is awesome. On a side note for the celebrities thing, look in the options menu. You can opt your household out of the celebrity system, which I believe should prevent any new celebs in your house, thus the papparazzi hanging around.

I can go one better than that. My twins somehow got their birthdays a day apart so the girl's was first and it was on the night of a full moon. Had a party, invited a pile of people, and I guess because her mum has both party animal and legendary host even people who weren't invited showed up. Then 6pm hit and the zombies started spawning. Moven blew out the candles and the zombies started taking pieces of cake. I had the gates unlocked for the guests and they came right in and sat down to eat their cake. Amazing. I got a couple of screenshots of it and then had their mum start throwing cure elixirs around for her LTW. :P

Joanne

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 06:20:12 AM »
In one of my games I also have the problem of zombies spawn all the time. I put a fence up and lock the gate for everyone but the family. The zombies stand outside and do the 'I cant get there' lol. Something I find funny is the zombies love the mood lamp. if you put one on the porch they will stare at it, totally in awe. But you must turn the lamp on.

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »
I now have my vegetable garden fenced off with a locked gate, I got a couple of peashooters spread out over the garden to take care of any zombies, sometimes I have to tell them to shoot other times they do by themselves, then I have a fairy that is always stocked up on cures and she usually manages to help a few zombies as well, working on her LTW.

Those peashooters are great! I had 2 kids sitting outside playing chess while a zombie stumbled towards them, got pelted by the peashooter, fell down, had a nap and then left, the kids didn't even notice!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
I had the craziest setup to deal with the zombies I had popping up during all hours, I had the preset garden area fenced off with this large imposing looking fence and I had a one square wide leading to the house and along the side to the front porch, So the zombies couldn't spawn inside. But then I just added some foundation to the side of my house's porch and made a large open area inside it. The game registers that as indoors so the zombies dont spawn in it. So I have an inner greenhouse sort of place. It's pretty neat. I've also noticed that those PvZ lights tend to make zombies walk around the small pool of light created, so I have those out in my garden.

Offline Tuesday

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
The zombies turning up any time of day or night regardless of moon phase is apparently a bug that is triggered by saving on the full moon. 

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/town-overrun-by-zombies.html

I haven't experimented with it, but I knew I wasn't losing my mind when I originally posted here that they should only appear on the full moon - it was true for me at the time.  Not any more.   >:(

Offline Saga

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
I had a zombie walking inside my house ( made with new blueprint thing) and started to eat my plants. Before I always had them outside but it seems they can come in unless you lock the doors.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 09:48:14 AM »
I now put a Zombie Fence (as I call it) around every garden I have. It works well to keep them out. I don't have the pea shooter, but I don't feel I really need it. However, if one of your family members get attacked, you Sim turns into a zombie and can get in the garden. My Legacy Sim ate his own garden!

Offline shibamistress

• Townie
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
I put a fence up around the garden (and a good portion of the property) and the zombies are spawning inside the fence!  :(  I'm not happy about that.

That said, I noticed that if I use the pea shooter, the zombie will walk over and be shot by the pea shooter, so as long as there aren't too many zombies, I can control them that way.  I wish they didn't spawn inside the fenced in yard though...I wonder if there is a way to stop that?

(And I don't know if this matters or not, but for some reason I couldn't get an option to the lock the gate....but it's not like the zombies are coming in through the gate anyway).

Louise56

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »
If you lock the gate, zombies cannot enter your garden. They do use the gate if the garden is fenced off. Did you try and lock the gate in live mode? You cannot lock a gate in build mode.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
This Zombie business is really starting to annoy me, what with the population controls for all the other life states.  I really like to have the mushrooms and things randomly amongst the garden flowers and things, I think it's prettier, so I end up locking the moon phases. So frustrating when the plants get eaten!

Offline Babbaroni

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2014, 10:25:31 AM »
If I'm unable to lock one or more gates, it's ALWAYS because I don't have a completely closed fence.  Look hard to see whether every bit of your area (garden, whatever) is enclosed by fence or wall, and that there are no gaps.