Author Topic: Hints and Tips for the Townie DecaDynasty  (Read 18770 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Hints and Tips for the Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 04:41:21 PM »
I always try and time birthdays for a weekend so that you get the full quota of days in school.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Anna33

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »
Try not to pick a musical instrument as a supermax, It is more trouble than its worth, getting all the tracks, 25000 in tips. Its a bit too hard to do for the first few heir. (I tried it with my heir in my dynasty, realized this and is currently finding a new supermax while there's still time.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »
Good advice Anna! I'll take that onboard when planning my DecaDynasty.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »
Rica, I just now saw your post about not getting opportunities because you get too many skill points while the heir is a teen. With my guitar-playing heir, I didn't let him get any skill points until he became a young adult. He didn't touch a guitar until his birthday (using the "Think" method from The Music Man). As I said, he only got one skill opportunity for guitar. And when he switched over to fishing because he obviously wasn't going to super-max the guitar, he still didn't get any skill opportunities for that. However, it's not file size that's causing the problem -- my 4th gen heir (his daughter) has received 3 skill ops.

Bottom line -- If your heir has a few skill points, he or she will probably get black ops (or not). But it's not a good idea to max the skill as a teen.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »
Do cases for the investigator career count as black ops?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »
They take up an opportunity slot, so yes. I used them for my life states dynasty and no one's complained (yet).

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
I'm very concerned about holidays. Right now in my game it's Friday and there are 6 days left in the season. Does anyone know when the holiday will occur?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
I'm very concerned about holidays. Right now in my game it's Friday and there are 6 days left in the season. Does anyone know when the holiday will occur?

Usually happens a day or two before the end of the season
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 08:13:37 PM »
I know Pam once mentioned storing items in chests when moving and then going back and retreiving the items, but with Supernatural theres now display cabinets which would also work for that. There much cheaper than the chests from China if memory serves correctly, plus you don't have to go to china.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 08:17:44 PM »
Usually happens a day or two before the end of the season

If someone has a job you'll see the day circled in red.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »
Disclaimer for all to see.  A member told the team they didn't think the rules would ever change so we're making sure that this is written at the bottom of every dynasty ruleset to insure that everyone knows.

Please be aware that the game is constantly changing.  All Dynasty rules are subject to change and  have clarifications made as information is gathered over time.  All changes to the rules will be noted with a date change at the bottom of the rules page as well as details given within the dynasty thread.   Dynasty players are expected to keep up with these changes on their own as part of playing the challenge.  If there is a rule clarification and you break that rule, there is no guarantee a second chance will be given by the Challenge Board team.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 09:46:36 PM »
Have a self-employment career that just won't level fast enough?  Is it anything but writing?  I learned a nifty new trick to get you closer to that end result without too much effort.   For the self employment careers that are based around a product of a skill that can be sold in buy mode, make one item that's worth a pretty penny.   Go into buy mode and using the delete key or drag method (not the hammer) sell the item.  Hit the undo button to get the item back.  Then sell it again.  Each time you sell it will count towards a wish to earn money or towards a money based career like sculpting or painting.   I haven't tested it too much with produce or fish but I know for a fact it works for sculptures, paintings & inventions. 

I was able to get to level 10 inventing career as well as supermax inventing without hitting level 10 handiness because of this little trick.

This trick is considered an exploit and the challenge team determined that it is banned from being used in challenges and dynasties.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:32 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time a Sim ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception. 

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »
Use of a dresser is now allowed on days other than birthdays.   However(!), it is recommended that you check a Sim's age and write it down before sending them to make sure that you don't get the real bug and not just the temporary one.  If you do get a real bug, you have to contact the team immediately - have it written down what the Sim's age was so we can help you figure out how to proceed.  Double check that it's the real thing by saving, exiting the game and then reloading it.