Author Topic: Hints and Tips for the Townie DecaDynasty  (Read 18773 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Hints and Tips for the Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 01:16:45 PM »
I've counted on my fingers, and my result is that a Sunday conception leads to a toddler aging up to child on Saturday and
                                                                             a Monday conception leads to a toddler aging up to child on Sunday.

I hope this helps people make the honor roll.

Edit: if other people get different results, please let us know.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
It's always 72 hours from the moment of the chimes.  24 hours after the chimes will the the twirl and 48 hours after that you will get the "You've had a baby.  You did a good/bad job.  Name it!"

So Sunday conception means Monday twirl and Wednesday birth.  Infant stages is 3 days so that means 3 days to age up on Wed.,  2 days on Thursday, 1 day on Friday and 0 on Saturday.  ;D 

So no one should ever really get different results unless you get hit by that bug where twins/triplets sometimes lose a day.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:50 PM »
A tip I've learned from botched attempts in Bridgeport: make sure you have a car and drive your heir to the school lot. I had to give up an otherwise fine attempt because my heiress had trouble getting to school on her own (bike, subway, bike, subway, me bashing my head into my laptop) and was down to a D with three days left of school.

Most other towns are fine in this regard.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 09:44:50 PM »
Disable memories. File size can be a problem with the Decadynasty. I checked my file size when I completed the Memories Challenge for the Tournament and found that in 8 Sim weeks it had grown to 545 MB. By comparison, my Immortal Dynasty file, which is currently at 11 Sim weeks, is only 163 MB -- and that's after several trips to China. If you want to keep scrapbooks for your sims, use the Custom Memory button. That will add to your file size, but not as much as the automatic memory, which records not only your household's memories, but those of the entire neighborhood.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »

There are some blueprints that can be found with buydebug lighting squares/circles.   If you purchase the blueprint, you can destroy everything but the light and use it for the rest of the house as a cheap light source without having to worry about having lamps everywhere too!

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 04:29:33 PM »
If you have University Life and are trying to supermax writing, go for the "sports book" category. The sports book is only 125 pages long, but brings in over 700 simoleons in royalties, which is much higher than children's books or comics.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 04:57:12 PM »
If you have University Life and are trying to supermax writing, go for the "sports book" category. The sports book is only 125 pages long, but brings in over 700 simoleons in royalties, which is much higher than children's books or comics.
Thanks for the tip, Marian! The Jones' are really short on money and one sim is an author. I'll try that!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2013, 05:26:09 PM »
With the release of Dragon Valley on May 30th, all players of the dynasty challenges are asked to refrain from using any of it's content until the challenge board team has had time to review what is being released. 

If you want to explore the new content, that is what a new game is for.   Dynasties are not allowed to be started in this world until after the go ahead is given.   That means don't start one saying "Oh they'll approve it of course.  I just won't post until they do."

Remember the challenge team is made up of people, too.   Two out of three have children of their own while the other one's job centers around children.  We have families and we would like to play some ourselves while still making sure you guys have all the information you need.   Just like with University Life, we will get back to everyone as soon as is possible with our three schedules.   This material is not banned infinitely.  Just for now.

Thank you.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 01:48:46 PM »
Decisions regarding Patch 1.55 Features:

The main features we are going over is in regards to: Moving Towns, Private Lot Purchases and New abilities to place Lots.

In regards to placing lots:    Yes it's cool we can now place lots over water.  However,  Players have never been able to place an empty lot just to place one and still cannot.   This part of Edit Town is never going to change.   If you place a lot, it needs to have a purpose and a venue put on top of it.  Otherwise, don't place the empty lot.

In regards to moving towns:  Townie DecaDynasties are allowed to change town twice to help reduce file size and fix glitches.  While at this time it is not certain if this type of move will fix glitches, we do know it can reduce file size.  This is now the preferred way to move in the Townie DecaDynasty.    The exact procedure for this will be explained in detail and posted as soon as all the kinks are figured out later this afternoon.    If you need to move prior these rules, contact me via PM and we'll talk.  I'm available for most of the afternoon/evening.

In regards to purchasing private lots/additional homes:   Townie Decadynasties are not allowed to purchase private lots or additional homes.  The whole purpose of this dynasty is to move into townie homes.  Townies cannot move into homes if the player has them purchased.  We feel this feature goes against the spirit of the challenge. 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »
Now that I'm on my 8th heir, I've finally figured out the best way to handle the 10 best friends/10 NPC friends requirement. Have your heir take the class in charisma. It won't take long for him or her to meet the 25 sims required for the Celebrity skill challenge, which provides a relationship boost to new acquaintances. As soon as possible, give your heir the Attractive LTR. With these two, your sim will become friends instantaneously with everyone who comes to the lot, even without an introduction. Shortly before your sim is ready to move out, order a pizza, request a sing-o-gram, etc. to get your NPC friends.

If you have Supernatural, the Friends and Potent Friends elixirs can push the relationship to best friend immediately. But even if you don't, a little conversation will move things along quickly. Your sim will get "++" boosts when enthusing about the other sim's job or discussing an interest they have in common. Keep an eye on the interactions you have available. If something new pops up -- "talk about computers" for example -- try that, because it could be something the other sim will find interesting. Once you get to "good friends" there are additional options -- "deep conversation" and "friendly hug" -- that are also helpful.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
The Observant LTR is also good for that; finding traits quickly so you can talk about what interests them. While I haven't tried a decadynasty in a while, I used some of those tips for my immortal dynasty and it really makes friend-making a breeze.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 09:46:38 AM »
I would not recommend trying the Townie Decadynasty with only the base game, mainly because you might not be able to supermax the guitar skill. I would also recommend having 3 neighborhoods and taking advantage of the ability to move twice. Here's my review of the various EPs -- with regard to the Townie Decadynasty only.

World Adventures -- Good. Adds 3 skills (but they can be difficult or buggy to supermax), new plants and fish types to help with supermaxing gardening and fishing. Adds Tourist and Explorer to list of NPCs. Adds Black ops that require travel, and you may use up to 3 adventures as Black ops. Provides time in which to work on skills.

Ambitions -- Excellent. Adds a new neighborhood, 2 skills, and new jobs, including the self-employment careers. Adds the Consignment Shop. Of special note -- all the cases in the Private Investigator profession count as Black ops.

Late Night -- Good and bad. Adds a new neighborhood, 4 skills (but don't try to supermax the instruments), and 3 careers. Adds mixologist, butler, bouncer, and paparazzi to list of NPCs. Adds Black ops for the skills and careers, including celebrity ops. Downside -- adds vampires, which can make spouses ineligible, and celebrity status, which can cause your sims to lose their best friends.

Generations -- Good if you're writing a story, as it adds more gameplay for toddlers, children, and teens. After school activities add a few Black ops. Adds party dancers to list of NPCs. The Young Again potion is useful for fiancees who become elders before you can marry them.

Pets -- Good if you're writing a story. Adds a new neighborhood, a new skill, and a new career. "Best in the Show" is the only new Black op I know of. Minor pets can be used for collections.

Showtime -- Good if you're writing a story. Adds a new neighborhood and 3 careers that provide a few Black ops. Adds proprietor, singer, magician, and acrobat to list of NPCs.

Supernatural -- Very Good. Adds a new neighborhood and a new skill. Townies who become fairies, vampires, and werewolves will live longer and can be transformed into humans (or witches) with a Potent Cure Elixir so that they can be used as spouses. Adds friendship, skill-boosting, and invigorating elixirs.

Seasons -- Good only if you're writing a story. Holidays, snow days, and sick days in spring and summer when you can't get a flu shot threaten your heirs' ability to make the honor roll in elementary school. Cold weather makes gardening difficult unless you have the Greenhouse or plant bowls from Supernatural. Wildflowers and festival eggs can be used for collections.

University Life -- Very Good. Adds 3 skills to supermax and 3 careers. Adds mascot to list of NPCs. Adds a few black ops, and you may use up to 3 university dares and jobs as black ops. Time spent in University gives you time to work on a skill, and a degree starts your sim at level 3 of a career. Possibility of adding 1 or 2 new traits. Red berry coffee bean is a lucrative crop if you're a self-employed gardener.

Island Paradise -- Good. Adds a new neighborhood and a new skill and career. Diving work adds 7 Black ops, and you only need 2 skill points in diving to be eligible for them. Shells can be collected. Downside -- you have to live in Isla Paradiso to benefit.

Into the Future -- Good for one or two generations. Adds 2 new skills and 5 careers. Adds Time Traveler and Plumbot Waiter to list of NPCs. Nanites can be collected. Adds some Black ops, but severely limits your ability to pick up skilling opportunities. Time spent in Oasis Landing is not free -- your sim will continue to age there.

As for premium content, I would strongly recommend the playpen, which can now be bought separately from Aurora Skies. Your toddlers will pick up one point in Charisma (which can be activated by a short speech with the mirror), and add to the Logic skill they gain from the peg box. As long as they're talking to the mirror or playing with the abacus, their needs will be filled.

The Multi-tab cuts down on the time your teen needs to spend on homework. It should be kept out of the hands of former heirs, though, because they can easily max a skill that another heir has supermaxed.

The Basketball Hoop is highly attractive to Sims, but a danger if one of your heirs has supermaxed athletics.

I've not had much success with the Greenhouse, but the Gardening Station is a boon for gardeners and also spawns special seeds.

The Harvest Stands are now available separately from Monte Vista and provide 2 new plants plus a place to buy life fruit.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
What Gardening Station are you talking about? The SwiftGro?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »
Yes -- the Swift Gro.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
Does it actually spawn special seeds? How does that work? I have it but really haven't used it much.

anything