Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908644 times)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3000 on: November 20, 2019, 02:24:27 AM »
High School Age Up early requirements include

1 romantic interest. They don't need to be non normal sims, do they? just as long as they are in highschool and fall head over heels in love with my sim.

Also, can I change the imaginary friend doll real during teenager hood (when I get to the generation I want to do that one), or does it need to be at YA or older, due to the only bringing in spouses/potential spouses requirement and if the latter, how long do I have between turning them real and them getting hitched?

(Yes, I'm singlehandedly bringing life back to the Sims 3 LIFEstates Dynasty) <G>

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3001 on: November 20, 2019, 05:56:17 AM »
@Deklitch the romantic interest is just any teen, though let's be real, usually a babysitter or grown up newspaper deliverer. :P Yeah the Imaginary Friends have to be YA+ but you don't have to immediately marry them. In fact it's nice to wait for the "Marry X" 5k point wish and a lot of spouses such as IFs, genies (in a bottle), and ghosts really won't trigger that until they're made into household members. It's the future intent that counts and you can't take back your decision on who to marry though.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3002 on: November 21, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »
Thanks Trip.

So now the younger siblings are born, all 3 are girls, and I've never gotten triplets in Sims 3 or 4 before, once let alone twice.

Two things, just to clarify
* I am free to age up these three when I want to and choose traits if I want to?
* They can move out with (non heir) older brothers once older brothers reach YA, singularly or in a group?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3003 on: November 21, 2019, 03:36:59 PM »
They're spares right? Spares can be aged up at will and moving them out in a group vs separately is your choice.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3004 on: November 21, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »
Yeah, spares, and I thought that was the case, thanks Trip.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #3005 on: December 10, 2019, 02:39:13 PM »
I'm doing an unofficial life states dynasty. On my latest save my heir's portrait on the UI is just green and I cannot select it. Is there a way to fix this? I realize that since it's unofficial I can just go to a previous save but what can be done for an official dynasty? 

I have repaired the game and now I have tried going back to previous saves but they are even worse with no portraits on the UI at all.
Cynthia

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3006 on: December 10, 2019, 03:20:56 PM »
@CynKuy okay I actually just encountered this in an official dynasty and you have two options:

1. Make a factory reset folder and put the last save that you haven't opened into the new Saves folder. I don't know how far back this will take you and if you'll lose too much time to bear (or if it doesn't work) then try out...

2. Moving to a new town using EA's official "move to a new town" feature. This was able to save my family without really skipping a beat progress-wise, though you do lose promised wishes.

Now I didn't mention ErrorTrap/Overwatch even though this is unofficial and it's only because it didn't really help me out in my own personal experience. Nothing wrong with trying but do it in a copy of your save just to be safe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3007 on: December 12, 2019, 10:46:32 PM »
This happened to me in a lifestates. My merman was carrying around a lot of kelp. It was somehow glitched and his UI was green and unselectable. It spread to the rest of the family. Getting rid of the kelp and clearing caches and restarting my computer solved it.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #3008 on: December 13, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »
Thanks for you help with the green UI portrait, I decided to just do a factory reset and not even add back the save files.  My next trial is that my town, which is Sunset Valley now, has only the diner to buy as business partner. I tried a different town before and still only one partnership available.  The properties look like I could buy them if I had the money.  By the way I now have a Windows 10 computer which I am not impressed with i.e. inability to play Sims 2 and other old games on it.  I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall everything but am willing to if it would fix the problem of business properties.
Cynthia

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3009 on: December 20, 2019, 10:37:07 PM »
Ok a further question re Adolescents and their High School "Honour Board Requirement".

My Gen 2 Heir, the Vampire Andy Breman has been on an A since Friday of week 8, it is now Wednesday of week 9, at the end of his school day, and he hasn't gotten his "Honour Board Notification". He did have Tuesday on a school trip to the police station (and he nearly broke the attempt by almost getting to level 10 athletic) but throughout it all, he maintained an A. Do I just need to be more patient, or can I count that as completed? What happens if he completes his Adolescent life stage and is still an 'A' and the Honour Student thing doesn't appear? Is that a fail?

I've done this plenty of times in the past - the Honour Student thing at High School - and this is the only thing he's waiting on.

UPDATE: He got on the Honour Board on Thursday, week 9.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3010 on: December 21, 2019, 07:05:06 PM »
@Deklitch glad it resolved itself but if it continued, I'd accept it on the honor system if he maintained an A throughout teenhood without it registering. I can't confirm or deny anything about field trips but during the decadynasty attempts where I had Generations on, I rejected field trips on principle because I'm scared. :P

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3011 on: December 23, 2019, 03:57:54 PM »
Thanks @Trip

I have everything completed for Gen 2 except for Andy's final Life Time Reward. As Andy's a Vampire, I'm going to be giving him 'Immortality', the one which basically means he's immortal, strangely enough. That is ok as his last requirement over all, isn't it? (He DOES have everything else in place,

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3012 on: December 23, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »
Yeah it should be fine as the very last requirement, akin to fulfilling a wish to have a child as a very last requirement. Pretty sure we figured that out ages ago.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #3013 on: December 24, 2019, 12:38:52 AM »
So was I ... I just didn't want to miss something :)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #3014 on: January 01, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »
I have now got a dark oval on the floor of my sims house that I can't delete because it says it is in use.  I searched for it and found that it is called social jig and can be deleted using a cheat.  I would like permission to delete it using a cheat please.
Cynthia