Author Topic: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread  (Read 142706 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Legacy Help, Tips, and Strategies Thread
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
If you're actually following the rules, Agnes is out though.  Just because your Sim doesn't know she's rich, you sure do.  I would suggest these days that if you have Pets, get a dog.  They can bring in rocks and metals of all kinds to sell. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »
If you're actually following the rules, Agnes is out though.  Just because your Sim doesn't know she's rich, you sure do.

Actually, I think this is a loophole in the legacy rules.  It's your Sim who needs to know if a potential spouse is rich, not the player.  If your Sim never visits Agnes' house, he won't know that she's rich.  I didn't take advantage of the loophole in my legacy, but I've studied it since then.  Once a player has played the game for awhile, it's impossible not to know who all the townies are. 

When I have more time, I might go look at the legacy rules again and see if it still holds up.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2011, 04:02:31 PM »
When I joined, I asked a person who knows rulesets and can interpret them easily: Metro. His exact words were:

My understanding of that is that your Founder cannot marry rich Sims. Period. For everyone else — rich Sims are fair game.

Though my interpretation of the rule is that your SIM has to identify that they are rich, YOU don't have to. So if I meet Agnes but never visit her house, therefore never getting the message "Sim A found out Agnes is rich!", then Agnes is fair game. As soon as I do get that, she's off-limits for my founder.

Sportsfan

« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2011, 04:09:15 PM »
The rule:
Sims that are identified by your sim as "Rich" are now fair game for all sims except your founder.

At first I agreed with Metro, but now that I think about it I think Pam is correct that it your sims doesn't know that they are rich than they are fine.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
It could just be bad wording though. What could've happened was Pinstar put it in, missed it, and since he's been mysteriously absent from the community, he didn't edit it out.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
It's always been as Pam puts it but it still feels like cheating because I know she's rich and therefore comes with the car and everything else now.  But this is a personal opinion and I'm aware of that now. 

Learning a sim is rich can sometimes come up in conversation I've noticed, too.  It only happened like once for me but it has happened.  I was surprised when it did.  It might have had something to do with the fact that my sim was a Gold Digger. 

Another thing I noticed is that the first time around for my dynasty, because my founder went to Agnes's house and they didn't leave the lot til they were to be married, he never actually learned she was rich.  I had to change his LTW to Emperor of Evil.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2011, 05:40:55 PM »
Oh yeah, I didn't follow the official rules. Although I needed that cash because it was my first ever serious Sims game and first game not using cheats. I didn't spend all the money though at the time, I kept most of it in the bank.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »
The rule:
Sims that are identified by your sim as "Rich" are now fair game for all sims except your founder.

At first I agreed with Metro, but now that I think about it I think Pam is correct that it your sims doesn't know that they are rich than they are fine.

I think that the rule stated above was actually an edited rule from a previous version.  The words "are now" imply that it's something that has been changed, in my opinion.  Considering this, I think it's fair to assume that Pinstar wrote the rule exactly as he intended for it to be.  Pinstar isn't like Metro, though, and doesn't open a thread for discussion and clarification of the rules.  He may have tweaked that rule if he was involved in a discussion with players, as Metro often does.  But he didn't, so we have to play it as it's written.  And it does say that it has to be identified by your Sim.

I would feel perfectly fine using the loophole and still feel that I was following all the rules.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Babycard

• Nooboo
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2012, 11:44:32 AM »
I was pretty unlucky, since the first time my sims WooHooed, they ended up with triplets. Not a fun first few days for them, what with constant 'Rude Awakening' moodlet.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2012, 01:04:15 PM »
Actually, I think this is a loophole in the legacy rules.  It's your Sim who needs to know if a potential spouse is rich, not the player.

I do believe this was specifically clarified by Pinstar to be the actual interpretation of the rule.  It presents with it specific challenges:  your founder needs to encounter said rich sim out in the world because if they travel to their home, they'll be disqualified as potential spouses.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2012, 05:26:17 PM »
Well Pinstar never had (that I know of) updated the legacy to go with the new EPs and so on. I always interpreted it the way Metro does. However, in my own legacy glitches threw out the rules long ago. :P

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
Well Pinstar never had (that I know of) updated the legacy to go with the new EPs and so on.

Pinstar1161 himself has confirmed this (quoting his reply to a comment on his official thesims3.com page).

Quote from: Pinstar1161 (http://www.thesims3.com/myComments.html?persona=Pinstar1161&commentView=164079#comment164079)
I have not adapted the challenge to the new EPs, so you are welcome to make whatever adaptation you see fit.

If I'm not mistaken, there are optional player-made updates for expansion packs. There are somewhere at the official forums as part of the main legacy thread or as separate rule sets. I personally have not tried to play with these revised versions of the original rules as I find them to have too many unnecessary restrictions.

Offline KrispyNickyB

• Immortal
  • The round peg in a square hole.
    • Subscribe to me on Youtube!
« Reply #297 on: February 21, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
I have a set written down myself that I've adapted. (somewhere I babysit my 1 year old nephew a lot whom has currently ran off with my notebook hiding it) I'd actually wish someone would completely rethink and update the rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #298 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:49 PM »
I'd actually wish someone would completely rethink and update the rules.

Yeah, that was part of why I wanted us to have our own major challenge.  We would be able to keep it updated the way Pinstar didn't.  That's when the Immortal Dynasty challenge was born.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:30 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, there are optional player-made updates for expansion packs.

Yes, but none of them ever really reflect well on the quality and spirit of the existing rule set.  They're typically created to appeal to the creator's personal desires of challenge, or general lack thereof.  Also, the fact that other people are making these changes, there's no way to physically incorporate them into the rule set.  This spreads them out through this 322 page thread.  This is why I don't play under Pinstar's rules anymore.

Honestly, Pinstar was part of a special breed (the same breed that Metro is part of ;) ), and really nobody can replace him...regardless of their desire to do so.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.