Author Topic: Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...  (Read 34614 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2013, 09:47:32 AM »
Late congrats to Sam on immortality, and another congrats on getting a caveman suit. So close!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
I love Frodo's books! I'll have to remember the road trip for when I have a bunch of elders.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
Late congrats to Sam on immortality, and another congrats on getting a caveman suit. So close!

Thanks, Trip!  Sam's being quite smug about things right now...

I love Frodo's books! I'll have to remember the road trip for when I have a bunch of elders.

Thank you, Marian.  The road trip is great, they just go from one place to another, without getting bored, stir crazy, or in my hair.  I think it was four days before I brought them home. 
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 11:52:08 AM »
lol, that's awesome Tia!  The roadtrip is just awesome!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - A Long-Expected Party
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2013, 10:21:17 AM »
lol, that's awesome Tia!  The roadtrip is just awesome!

Thanks, Shewolf!

Chapter Twenty Eight - A Long-Expected Party

Twenty one days. 

The road trips continued.  Aragorn dragged them all to the gym, where Gimli was entranced.

"Great-Grand?" he called to Merry.  "What is this?  It's like a tiny movie theatre in the wall."

"It's a TV, Gimli.  We've never had one."  Merry told him.  Gimli stood there, mesmerized, until they hauled him off to the next venue.

And the next.

Someone in this group has unresolved issues...

Pip ran home from Micks.  Tia was checking the date again, when she realized something.

"Pip!  How on earth are you 87 years old?  You guys eat ambrosia every week!"

"Must have missed last week," he grinned, walking into the replicator.

Frodo got his last three ops.  The family sat down for a conference.

"Okay, we've got eight days left."  Legolas told them.  "Everybody can relax, and Frodo, you don't do anything dangerous.  We'll all be too busy watching Pip to keep an extra eye on you."

"No problem, Great-Great.  I've got some books I want to write."

So Frodo knocked off several new series, and finished his masterpiece, On The Ledge With Gollum. 

The last four days were another roadtrip.  Just for old time's sake.  Including the sleeping bags.

Finally it was Frodo's elder birthday.  The Fellowship gathered in from the sprinklers, Gimli pulled Pip out of one of the holes, Gandalf put down his guitar, and they gathered for this serious occasion.

"Oh, Frodo," Tia sniffed.  "You look awful."

Merry's last painting was popped into the museum.

All the family portraits, (including Boromir and Elrond, although they wouldn't be counted for value)

Frodo sat down and ate his ambrosia.

Frodo Fellowship (Gen 8 )
Traits: Bookworm, Insane, Couch Potato, Virtuoso, Handy
LTW: Professional Author
Property: Performance Park
Building: Wolfson's Hospital & Research Centre
Supermax: Writing
Career: Blockbuster Writer
3 LTR: Acclaimed Author, Motive Mobile, Excellent Groupie
6 BlackOps: The Drumline, Guitar Up, To Boldly Go, Tough Negotiating, Correcting Past Mistakes, Funny Looking Fish
6 Best Friends: Bernice Dalton, Bobbie Bowie, Clint Chatman, Gayle Singleton, Jamie Gunter, Rex Casper
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder

"Well?"  Legolas called up to the ceiling.  "We've done it."

"Still need a picture." His voice came back, clear and happy.  "Well done, all of you!  It's going to make a brilliant story in my new book!"

Sam muttered under her breath.  The group hastily moved furniture and after what seemed like hours, a suitable picture was taken.

"FINISHED!" Tia shrieked in delight.  There was a blinding flash of light.  When they could see again they discovered a chest had materialized in the middle of the room.

"I'm so very proud of you all!" Bilbo's voice continued.  Sam's muttering took on a more frenzied tone.  "Drink a toast with this,"  Bilbo told them, "and let the celebration begin!"

They did, Legolas lifting his beaker, looking at the others and gravely saying "To all of those who helped us on this journey."  The sparkles were blinding.

And then there was a mad crush for the dresser.   A new picture was quickly taken.

"What's wrong, Frodo, my lad?" Bilbo asked.

"It's not right yet," Frodo replied.

"I've got this," Tia said.

Recognize this young man?

No?  How about now?

Can you spot him here?

"It's still not right," Frodo complained. 

"You're absolutely right, lad," Legolas told him.  "Come on, boys, we've got work to do."

It was bedlam.  There were ghosts and plates of ambrosia everywhere. 

But the first one resurrected of course, was Boromir.

Amid the chaos that quickly broke into a huge party, Tia managed to grab everyone for a photo.  The group was not happy to have to break off the festivities.

Sam hugged Zak.  "I thought this would be a little more awkward," he admitted.

"Sam, I don't pretend to understand any of it, I'm just glad to have been a part." Zak told him.

And while couples re-united, families hugged and the party raged on, Hailey had private words with Legolas.

"I hope you can understand," she said calmly.  "Tomorrow you'll be an elf again.  I won't.  I'm going to spend this new life doing the things I always wanted to do.  I'm going to become a veterinarian.  I'm going to spend some time with the boys and get to know all the grandchildren.  I respect you, Legolas, and I'll always love you, in a way, but you were always distant."

He took her hands.  "I was, I'll admit it.  I'm happy you have this chance to live again and find real love.  I want nothing but the best for you, Hailey."  He leaned in and kissed her cheek.  "You made all this possible.  If there's ever anything you need..."

She held up her hand.  "What I need, Legolas, you can't give me.  I need someone who will love me, all of me, with everything in him.  You can't do that."  She looked at him, her eyes softening a bit.  "I hope you find someone, too."

"What are you two grinning about," Gandalf, as Frodo and Sam held each other up.  The'd pulled up the good nectar, not Pip's from the cellar.

"We're going to pay a visit to Mr. Bilbo," Sam told him, as Frodo tried to wink.

"After the party, of course," Frodo added.

(There will be one more update, either later on today or tomorrow, to let everyone know what the Fellowship will be up to next)

Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:06 PM »
Woot! Congratulations! Three cheers for the Fellowship! And I love it that Sam got to have her (his) gender change.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2013, 12:41:54 PM »
Congratulations on completing the dynasty!   And Welcome to the Hall of Fame!!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2013, 12:57:17 PM »
WOOT!  Congrats Tia!  *throws a party*  So happy that you made  Hall of Fame!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
A big congrats on finishing and your spot in the Hall of Fame!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:24 PM »
Congratulations! I loved your dynasty and I hope the Fellowship will be back to do something! They were hilarious and awesome!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
Woot! Congratulations! Three cheers for the Fellowship! And I love it that Sam got to have her (his) gender change.

Thank you, Marian!  I'm glad you liked that little bit, but Sam's still off to have words with Bilbo.

Congratulations on completing the dynasty!   And Welcome to the Hall of Fame!!

Thank you, Rica!  I still can't believe it's done!  And I can't stop smiling.

WOOT!  Congrats Tia!  *throws a party*  So happy that you made  Hall of Fame!

Thanks, Shewolf!  *attends party*  I feel like I've been let into the big kids yard to play! LOL

A big congrats on finishing and your spot in the Hall of Fame!

Thanks, Trip!  It feels pretty awesome.

Congratulations! I loved your dynasty and I hope the Fellowship will be back to do something! They were hilarious and awesome!

Thank you, Akon!  I'm glad you liked the dynasty, the boys are a lot of fun to play with.  Don't worry, you'll see them again around the forum.

Chapter Twenty Nine - And He Lived Happily Ever After, To The End Of His Days

The party was over, and thanks to the leftover elixirs, no one was hung over or sick.  Like kids on the last day of school, they hung over their goodbyes, knowing they would miss each other terribly, knowing that they would be able to be together, anywhere in the Simverse, at the earliest phone call. 

Frodo and Sam left first, Sam manhandling the bags into the back of the motive mobile.  He came back to fetch Frodo and gave Legolas one last hug.

"Take care of yourselves, Sam," Legolas told him.  "We'll get together soon on that new island they've discovered, have a few drinks."  He looked at Sam.  "I think you had the hardest part of all in this."

Sam shrugged.  "There's nothing I wouldn't do for Frodo.  He is my best friend, after all."  He nodded over at the dark hobbit, who was watching Aragorn and Boromir spar.  "He'll be more himself back at Bag End.  Zak is going to come along, we're picking him up on the way.  Frodo and I are both very fond of him.  So it wasn't all bad.  But I don't know that you need to be telling Bilbo what I said just now."  He winked at the elf and took Frodo by the arm.  Legolas hugged them both once more and then watched them climb into the blue van and drive away.

Merry herded Gandalf, Elrond and Pip, all engaged in animate conversation towards the gates.  Nikia, Shannon and Amber were already in the van.

"Are you sure you won't come?"  Merry asked, hugging the elf.  "Egypt is beautiful." 

Legolas shook his head.  "You're going to have your hands full with keeping Pip out of trouble in the tombs."

Amber stuck her head out of the van window.  "We're going to miss our flight, guys!  Bye, Legolas!  We'll all get together on Snowflake Day!"

"Sounds good!" Legolas called, as they piled into the motive mobile.  Hands waved from every window as they drove off.

Legolas went back in the house, got dressed and found Gimli.  He was just putting away his cell phone.

"That was Meaghan.  She's found us a nice place in the mountains.  We're going to drop off Boromir and Aragorn at the airport and then go check it out."  He hugged Legolas.

"Anytime you want to visit, you know how to find me.  I always need a friend to dig holes with."  Gimli told him, looking at him with concern.

"I'll hold you to that."  Legolas told him. 

He met Boromir and Aragorn outside.

"Where's Lesley?" he asked.

"She's meeting us at the airport.  Said she had to do a little shopping before we left.  Something about shoes."  Aragorn told him.

Boromir laughed.  "No designer shoes in the afterlife."

Legolas laughed dryly, and then looked at them both seriously.  "You two be good to Hailey," he said, his voice soft.  "She left without saying goodbye, but promise me you'll look after her for me."

"We will," Aragorn told him.  "She's smart enough to know what she wants."  He looked up at the elf.  "We should all be that smart."

Gimli beeping the horn distracted him, and there was just enough time for quick hugs all around before the dwarf pulled up to the gate.

"This is it!"  Boromir said excitedly.  "Time to take my crown as Tournament King!  You've had the title long enough, my brother!"

"As long as there are no old ladies,"  Aragorn grinned, opening the car door.  "Bye for now, Legolas!  Snowflake Day at Pip's, don't forget!"

"I'll be there!" Legolas called, as he watched them go.

And then it was just him, as it had been in the beginning.  He half-heartedly started to tidy up, for Savannah and Julio would be moving in the next morning.  It was so quiet.  Too quiet.  No stereo, no "Sweet Home, Alabama," nothing.

"Lasse?" Tia asked softly.  "I've got this.  Why don't you go take a walk or something.  You still need to decide where you want to go.  Dragon Valley is still out of the question, but there's tons of other towns..." she trailed off.  The elf nodded absently and went through the gate.  Tia smiled gently and started cleaning the house for the simbots.

His feet took where they would while he considered his options.  He could always spend his time visiting between the others, the beloved Great-Great, welcome wherever he went.  The idea made him laugh. 

He found himself walking up the hill to Cinnamon Crescent, his very first property.  "Tia's made some changes," he mused, as he made his way through the azaleas to stand at the water's edge.

"Lasse?" came a voice, very quiet in the evening air.  It was only Tia who called him that now, but this wasn't her voice.  Hands trembling, he turned around.

"It is you," she said.  "Can we talk?"

He crossed to her quickly, ignoring the sweet scent of the blossoms his boots crushed in his hurry.  He stopped, confused, and stared at her.

"When you didn't come, last night," he began, then faltered.  He continued to stare at her, and she reached up to touch one ear delicately.

"Yes," she told him, her eyes large and soft.  "It's true."  She smiled and he reached out to trace the point gently, a look of wonder on his face.  "When Elrond came back, he went straight to Bilbo with a very firm request.  Elrond is not a person that anyone says no to."

"Kat," he whispered.  "Why didn't you come last night?  Everytime a new ghost showed up, I hoped it was you."

"Hailey had the right, and she had things to say to you while she had your full attention."

"And now?" he asked.

"Now," she smiled up at him.  "We decide where we want to go."

"It doesn't matter," he told her, pulling her close.  "Wherever you are, that's home for me."

"Ahem" Tia discreetly coughed.  "Since you feel that way, can I get you two to give me a hand in Sunset Valley for a bit?  I'm getting things set up for the Kings..."

"Fine!"  Legolas said, a smile on his face, as Kat giggled.  "But we need to be at Pip's for Snowflake Day."

Tia transported them home.  "We'll go in the morning."

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!  Go Lasse!  So happy to see him with Kat!  I can't wait to see what else the boys get up to ^^

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2013, 10:43:20 PM »
Congrats, Mom! I'm so glad you've finally finished!  ;D
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline aargpirates

• Nooboo
    • Avast Ye Scurvy Dogs - Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2013, 02:14:55 AM »
Fantastic!  Congratulations.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!  Go Lasse!  So happy to see him with Kat!  I can't wait to see what else the boys get up to ^^

Don't worry, they'll be around! Lasse always threw about three times as many wishes to do things with Kat then he ever did with Hailey, so it seemed appropriate.   ;)

Congrats, Mom! I'm so glad you've finally finished!  ;D

Thanks, hon, so's everyone else in the house, it means I'm cooking again.

Fantastic!  Congratulations.

Thank you!
Pika-la-Cynique, GND