Author Topic: Content downloaded from EA store not showing up in game  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Bubbo

• Nooboo
Content downloaded from EA store not showing up in game
« on: November 24, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »
Because of space issues we set up the game so that the game itself was installed on one hard drive (e drive) and Windows xp running on the c drive. Previously the game had been installed on the c drive. The My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder is on the c drive, and the game puts the screenshots and videos into the appropriate folders in there. I am having a problem with any content downloaded from the ea store, including Lunar Lakes, the extra items I got for pre-ordering Seasons and all the various and sundry bits of clothes and hair I have purchased. I downloaded all of them from my purchase history and installed them individually, the launcher showed them as installed. Once I started playing, I looked and none of the items was available. The weird this is that custom content I got from other sites, previous to this reinstall on the e drive, are all available in game. So, clothes and furniture bought from EA and installed at the launcher are not showing up, clothes and furniture from other site, installed by launcher previous to drive switch show up and are usable.

Also, when I download and install the items they do appear under 'installed' on the launcher before I start the game, but they are not in the game and when I quit and re-open the launcher they do not appear under 'downloads' or 'installed'. The dccache and dcbackup folders have files in there but the names don't indicate to me what they are so I don't know if it is my non-EA content or if it is my real EA store stuff.

Thank you.

edit: I'm not sure if it is clear, but the EA store stuff used to all be available before the hard drive move.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Content downloaded from EA store not showing up in game
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »
Hi Bubbo,

I'm not sure if you tried the steps in Flynn Arrowstarr's How-To. But give it a read, it might help get the store content back into your game.

-----
How To: Re-Install Sims Store Items
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11769.0.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bubbo

• Nooboo
Re: Content downloaded from EA store not showing up in game
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 12:30:11 AM »
I just followed all of the instructions and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much, this was way easier than I thought it would be.

You are awesome, thank you.