Author Topic: Alice and Kev  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Alice and Kev
« on: October 30, 2009, 02:45:10 AM »
Has anyone followed the Alice and Kev blog by roBurky?  It's what first got me interested in The Sims 3 when I happened to stumble across it one night.  The story has now ended and roBurky made Alice available for download in The Exchange.  I got her a little bit ago and started playing her.  I think I'm going to tell her story in my blog.  What do y'all think?  I've already got a very nice story turn for her, but my computer seems to be stuck on processing a change.  I'm not going to be happy if I lose that part of the story.  Stupid computer! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Holmes

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Alice and Kev
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:39:26 AM »
Yep, I loved this blog, and followed it from near the beginning. The author, a student of game design, has a number of other clever writeups on different blogs. (My favorite, after Alice and Kev, is the one where he decided to become the top Space Ranger in SR2 by basically being a total ratfink, and not doing anything to further the aims of the Space Rangers. Very amusing.)

He's made Alice and Kev downloadable for some time now (including of course the "final" version of Alice). I played them in the early stages deciding to take a different path -- I'd still play him as insane, and somewhat incompetent, but as a father desperately loving his daughter and desperate to do what he could for her. Naturally he became a criminal :), but at least he could provide her with a bed and room to live in away from his shouting.

Alice and Kev is probably the best Sims 3 Story blog written so far [at least that I've stumbled across!]. Good stuff.

Cheers,
-Holmes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Alice and Kev
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 03:46:02 PM »
I loaded the final version of Alice into Riverview.  There was something wrong with Kev's ghost.  It didn't show up, but I could see the ghostly sparkles where he was walking.  Also, his image didn't show up in Alice's thought bubble when she was mourning him.  I guess something's wrong with that image file.  I'll try reloading it into a different game and if that doesn't work, I'll try downloading it again from the Exchange.

I ruined Alice, though.  After her horrible childhood, I had her married, pregnant, and living in a mansion within three hours of play.  I don't know if I'll take that same path next time.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."