Author Topic: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Bedtime Story (55)  (Read 72681 times)

Louise56

Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: One Who Stands Alone (13)
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 11:13:58 AM »
Now I'm even more curious about her! :D

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »
A riddle solved and a small victory...but the mystery deepens further. Now I am ever the more curious about Her.

Excellent chapter!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
So she is a pyromaniac... interesting. I had a feeling it would be Her.
(By the way, they went to Banzai Lounge, not Eugi's. Eugi's doesn't have nearly as many bright colours.)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 06:10:03 PM »
So she is a pyromaniac... interesting. I had a feeling it would be Her.
(By the way, they went to Banzai Lounge, not Eugi's. Eugi's doesn't have nearly as many bright colours.)

That's where they went! I couldn't remember for the life of me, so I went with my best guess. Thanks, Gogo!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
One small mystery solved, and this story just gets more and more mysterious!

Oh, and if Thor is unhappy with the clothes he's been given, Olivia would be happy to send him some gently-used garments.  ;)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Subject 11 (14)
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »
Subject 11

The Winter Festival in Moonlight Falls is always a sight to behold, especially when it happens to fall on the full moon. All sorts of folks come to the festival grounds to celebrate, socialize, or even just grab a bite to eat.

Even Fenris could get in on the fun, though he thought the full moon was more exciting than the food. Which says quite a bit when Fenris is concerned.

Unfortunately, DeeDee wasn't here to have fun. Despite her gut feelings, she agreed to keep spying for the aliens as per Thor's request. Her top priority, now that he had arrived, was Subject 11. She wasn't sure if Thor knew who Subject 11 was, but she knew better than jeopardize her mission. Therefore, she did not talk, only watched.

Subject 11 could never know that he was being watched, of course, even if he had suspicions. DeeDee stayed in the shadows, watching her target. She thought it was odd that he would rather celebrate at the Festival than try to find the aliens, though she admitted that her job wasn't to comprehend, but to observe. The minds of those she spied on was not her concern.

Subject 11 was one of the most important targets DeeDee had ever received. Her associate had told her about his encounter with him in Twinbrook, and The Riddlemaster himself considered him "interesting," a very strong remark coming from an alien to a mere Sim. DeeDee wasn't quite sure what the hoopla was about. She had been here for an hour and all he's done was order some fries and go snowboarding. Not exactly high-profile.

In order to throw off any suspicion, either from Subject 11 or one of the various partygoers, DeeDee made sure to take part in the frivolities every so often. Most of the time, she would play with Fenris, but at one point she engaged in a snowball fight. Unfortunately, the Sim-Who-Looks-Strangely-Like-Pru-Dent was highly trained in the art of snow-slinging.

Besides, Subject 11 had leaped across the road between "odd" and "absurd." Is he really hot-tubbing in the middle of winter? DeeDee thought, trying to imagine even a plausible reason as to why. Maybe he knows I'm watching him, and he's just trying to throw me off. The Riddlemaster had warned her that Subject 11 was far more crafty than he appeared. DeeDee was starting to believe him.

Not too long after she had arrived at the Festival Grounds, The Riddlemaster had called her.

The Riddlemaster: Subject 11. Watch him. Report his behaviour to us.
DeeDee: Oh, don't worry.

DeeDee: I've got all eyes on him.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 06:45:34 PM »
So A. is Subject 11 and I am so confused by this mystery. It just gets more and more mysterious each chapter.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 06:58:27 PM »
So A. is Subject 11 and I am so confused by this mystery. It just gets more and more mysterious each chapter.

Seconding that comment!  I have no idea what is going on, but whatever it is, it's quite fascinating.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 07:23:55 PM »
I third this. :P

Truly fascinating and intriguing, like a mystery wrapped in an enigma tied with a bow of uncertainty. I'm completely riveted!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:17 PM »
I third this. :P

Truly fascinating and intriguing, like a mystery wrapped in an enigma tied with a bow of uncertainty. I'm completely riveted!

That's a rather colorful phrase, Raia. I think it describes the past few updates perfectly!  :P

I would've posted more, but I'm trying to get World Handyman finished this week.

Louise56

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 03:43:59 AM »
I'm totally clueless lol. I have no idea what is going on with A. ;D

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:19 AM »
Is A. the 11th Simself? Was he part of a govorment cloning project? When will we see Fenris again?
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Chronicles of the Secret Fire: Hiding in Plain Sight (15)
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »
Hiding in Plain Sight

The Riddlemaster: Did we make things too complicated for your Sim noggin of yours.
Thor: Why did you want me to find her? What do you want?
The Riddlemaster: We just want to play a game of riddles. What you do with them is up to you.

Thor: You sent me here for a reason. What is it?
The Riddlemaster: Kin separated by flame
                                 The ageless fire
                                   Must confront his past
                                     And the secret fire

Thor: I don't want your riddles, I want answers!
The Riddlemaster: Solve the riddles and you find the answers. This conversation is over. We will be watching.

Thor: We're leaving.
Her: What? Why?
Thor: Not now. We need to get out of here.

Arthur: I'm not finished my drink yet!
Thor: You'll have a lot more to worry about than your drink if we don't leave now. We're being watched.
Arthur: What? By who?
Thor: Just come on!

Arthur: Why are we leaving all of a sudden?
Thor: I'll tell you when we're at our destination.
Her: And when are you going to tell us where we're going?
Thor: When we get there.

Arthur: Really? The junkyard? Nobody goes here except the inventor types, and most of them don't even live here.
Thor: That's the point.
Her: Who are we hiding from?
Thor: The person who sent me here to find you.

Her: Not good enough. Who sent you?
Thor: You wouldn't believe me.
Her: I overheard what he said. The ageless fire? He sent you, didn't he?
Arthur: You're overreacting, R-
Her: You don't know him as well as I do, Arthur!
Thor: Unless it's an alien you're talking about, he didn't send me.
Her: Aliens? Poor sap. He's gotten you entangled in this, too.

Arthur: I'm confused. Aliens? What are you talking about?
Thor: An alien sent me here to find your girlfriend. Why? I don't know. I just know that I don't want to be here anymore. We need him to lose our trail, and we can't stay in this junkyard forever.
Her: So where are we going?
Thor: We'll hide in plain sight.

Arthur: The Winter Festival?
Thor: Yes. We'll lose him in the crowd. Then we'll leave the city.
Her: I still don't trust you, Thor. If there really are aliens, than you're working with A.
Thor: Do you konw him?
Her: Better than you do, it seems, if you're gullible enough to believe everything he says.
Arthur: Come on. Let's just go with him to this festival. We could use some fun.
Her: ...Fine.

Arthur: See? This isn't too bad. We've needed an excuse to have some fun again.
Her: I'm still worried. If A. really did send Thor here, than he must be close.
Arthur: You worry too much. Let's enjoy our time here, than we'll worry about A.

Thor: This is so awesome!

Thor: Wheeee!!! Why didn't I think of this earlier?

Thor: *ouch* That's why.

Despite her misgivings about their newest friend, she had to admit it was a good idea to come here. Between her work and A's return to her life, she needed a break. For just a few moments, all she needed was Arthur's embrace. All other thoughts vanished. Tomorrow, she'd have all manner of things to worry about. But tonight? It was just Arthur and her, and she had not a worry at all.

Offline Blayzen

• I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! =P
  • Townie
  • Just Believe.....
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 11:12:59 AM »

Her: I overheard what he said. The ageless fire? He sent you, didn't he?
Arthur: You're overreacting, R-
Her: You don't know him as well as I do, Arthur!

In all of our interactions with A, I don't think I ever considered the possibility that he might not be the good guy... Sure, he was a self-indulgent TV Producer who was willing to go to whatever lengths necessary to get good ratings...but someone to worry about? Possibly someone to be afraid of? Who is A Simself?!?  :-\
Tenshin - A Bachelorette Bromance =)

Louise56

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 12:12:06 PM »
A a bad guy? I can't believe that! It just get more and more mysterious!

anything