Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1065966 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »
well, they're bad pictures but here is my house from the outside and the 3 main levels:
groundlevel:

level 1:

level 2:

and from the outside:

so it's not much to look at from the outside, but on the inside each room is designed around paintings my sims made, including personalised bedrooms for everyone. There is also a 3rd level (1 bedroom plus balcony) and 2 basements (relic, nectar, treasure, paintings, photos storage).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2010, 10:12:50 AM »
Well first I would say set aside one plot of land for that impressive garden, fence it off with a gate and then make a backyard sort of area, with a bar, tables, fire-pit etc. Then for the front some borders with planting and shrubbery, a rock/statue or two and some trees, don't go overboard on trees, a few in an empty space would be a good addition though, you could also add a small pond if you had room left. I think you could gain some space at the front on the right by bringing the fence forward, maybe have the car park area enclosed? Another thing you could do is move the house to a larger lot as that one looks rather small to me.

I think you may be able to find something in that jumble of words!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2010, 10:34:56 AM »
Lol thanks samoht but that lot is huge! and the house is as far back as it goes. Really, it's big, just the pictures don't show it. I do need to work on the garden though. Make a nicer carport, and add plants and stuff. Anyway, I'm not showing it off because it's great, it's just all I have, and it works for me :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »
That must be one big house then!  ;D

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
Thanks for posting your house Pally.  It is always so fun to see what others are doing in their game.  I have never figured out how to post pictures yet.  I found it fascinating that you always play with the same family in the same house.  There are tons of videos on youtube of how to landscape if that is what you are wanting to do.  

bshag

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2010, 01:58:42 PM »
Hi pally, nice big house you got there!  If you need tips, simprograms and official sims 3 site both have really great tutorials on just about everything, from landscaping and building to funky things like swimmable ponds and waterfalls.  But of course, if your house suits you and your sims, there's no improving needed. ;D

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »
FunkyChunks, I love the upstairs outdoor garden. The sunken living room is beautiful too! Pally, I really like the multicolored tiles in the bathroom in the first picture. I'll have to try to make my own bathroom like that.  :D

Alright, It's always bothered me how the buildings in Twinbrook are several stories tall, yet hold nothing but (shudder) urns. So, I decided to go on a remodel rampage across Twinbrook. My first stop was my most frustrating spot- The consignment store.

I took what I know of Japanese department stores, thrift shops, and clothing stores, and combined it into what is now the Consignemnt Shop. The hideous display and tacky dress patterns on the first floor were tossed out in favor of more clothing racks, more registers, and a chic lounge for when people got tired of shopping.

The second floor I turned into the thrift shop like area, with shelves of organized chaos, mismatched furniture sets, and some statues for sale by the owner's wacky cousin. Also note the light fixtures are fluorecent nightmares, so you'll feel ill under said lights as you look desperately for a end table previously not owned by a cat lady.

Finally, my favorite, the third floor. This is half a display of furniture sets, like in Japan's department stores (and some in America), and half the office of the marketing and resale staff. I had a lot of fun with designing the cubicles for the individuals inside- The minamalist Ad designer who hates his fellow employees, the 'Internet Memes Abound' office jerk who's suppose to be doing orders, the guy-who-likes-cars-too-much who works in accounting, the hopeless romantic girl who does orders from the warehouses, and the manager who's probably on a power trip. The office lounge made me very sad, since I couldn't add a microwave, but I made do with a park grill. I'd also like to point out the tacky design of the wall paper in the 'outdoor adventure' set. The icky looking green flooring was suppose to be bamboo for a Chinese design of a room, and the sculpture's a donation from previously mentioned wacky cousin.

Lemme know what you think, guys.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »
Trolling bells. That is awsome. I need to do some renovations. I think it looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2010, 05:19:26 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments :) TollingBells, nice consignment store renovation. I can't believe you noticed that multi-coloured tiling. It's actually the laundry, and I modelled it on a painting that I didn't  really like, but it turned out great:

wait, i like this picture better:

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2010, 05:19:36 AM »
I have never figured out how to post pictures yet.

This thread may help you, Telsey.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2010, 06:21:09 AM »
Thanks, Pally, and I really like it. Though, may I ask why your laundry and detergent is on the floor?  ;D

Trolling bells. That is awsome. I need to do some renovations. I think it looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, but it's Tolling, not Trolling.  ;) I'd rather not be known as a troll. Maybe I'll post my renovations to the Twinbrook Museum, I added rooms for all the WA locations, and made it look more like a actual museum. I even added a gift shop.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2010, 07:56:01 AM »
I even added a gift shop.

Lol a Gift Shop! When I rebuild my Legacy Home I will post pictures, so far it has been voted to be a family home but that could all change.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2010, 08:02:43 AM »
Thanks, Pally, and I really like it. Though, may I ask why your laundry and detergent is on the floor?  ;D

Um...well...I wasn't sure where else to put them?

I dream of a building contest just for me - build me the perfect house for my family (according to a long list of specifications)...sigh :P :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
I've been working on a house. After finally accepting that the game will not do everything I want it to in building, I've really been moving forward with this place. The whole house needs to be decorated and furnished (not sure if I'll stick with that cladding on the outside yet) and the builders are still working on the lower level, but I'm happy with it so far.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2010, 08:16:41 AM »
Cool house Norma!  :)