Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1066300 times)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2010, 02:15:42 PM »
Here's something I made for Pam:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2829113

6 bedrooms, 6 full and 4 partial baths, gym, greatroom, loft, mancave, garden, nursery, playground and a couple of surprises ;) 
Built on a sloped lot so it looks like a 2-story from the front and a 3-story from the back (thanks Twinmum).
This thing was a beast to make!  I decided to go with a 'less is more' modern-contemporary style.  In other words there's lots of open space in the house and I don't have something hanging off of every wall, I tried to keep it simple - and I still managed to somehow get Beautifully Decorated in every room except the bathrooms, a couple bedrooms and the gym.
Since this house was tailored to Pam's request it pretty much requires all EP's and SP plus the Ultra Lounge and Collection Stanke sets, otherwise the house will be empty (which can be a good thing if you want to style it yourself  8)) There's way more going on in this house than I can show you with pictures so just download it and see for yourself!

Yours for the low low price of $375,850 lol.

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »
Super nice house you've made Tommy :D

Since im not that much into the modern style, this house looks really awesome :)

I love big houses but they tend to be very costy lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »
Gorgeous house Tommy!  Love the moderness of it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2010, 05:05:31 PM »
Squee!!  Oh, Tommy!  It is stunning!  I'm downloading it now.  I'm so glad you went with the "less is more" idea because I really don't like all the clutter in some of the houses.  I'd rather have space!  Thank you so much for building it for me!  You're awesome!!

Which lot did you construct it on that has a natural slope?  It's obviously in Sunset Valley and from the view of the ocean, it looks like it's that empty lot up by the Alto and Landgraab mansions.  But I didn't think that lot was sloped.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
Which lot did you construct it on that has a natural slope?  It's obviously in Sunset Valley and from the view of the ocean, it looks like it's that empty lot up by the Alto and Landgraab mansions. 

No, I recognize the view. The house is on the cliff at Redwood Pkwy right up the road from Agnes Crumplebottom.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2010, 05:49:27 PM »
No, I recognize the view. The house is on the cliff at Redwood Pkwy right up the road from Agnes Crumplebottom.

But none of those are 60 x 60.  Nor are they sloped.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »
Hmmm...now I'm curious. I forgot it was 60X60 lot. Well, we'll just have to wait for the master builder himself to speak up.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2010, 05:58:01 PM »
I'm just so honored to have a custom built house by TommyT!  I feel like a celebrity or something.  Haha!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2010, 06:05:12 PM »
So are all of our Sims going to be living in Tommy's new house?  LOL I have been waiting for him to put it up and so I have downloaded it but won't have time to go peek at it until later this evening.  I LOVE it!  I also appreciate the open spaces in houses.  If you have toddlers it makes things easier.  I can't wait to see it.  The outside looks fabulous.  I actually think I have all the furniture sets.  I had to laugh when I saw the three cribs for Pam's triplets.  Makes ya wanna have triplets now.  I have never managed to get triplets though so far!  Thanks Tommy!  Lots of us appreciate your efforts.  

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »
Wow, that house is amazing. I love this thread and everytime I log on its the first one I check. After being away this weekend I come back to awsomeness. Thanks TommyT for making it and thanks Pam for requesting it. I can't wait until I have the surrounded by family wish and I am so using this house.
Pam, your triplets room is awsome. I am taking tips.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
If you have toddlers it makes things easier.  I can't wait to see it.  The outside looks fabulous.  I actually think I have all the furniture sets.  I had to laugh when I saw the three cribs for Pam's triplets.  Makes ya wanna have triplets now.  I have never managed to get triplets though so far!  Thanks Tommy!  Lots of us appreciate your efforsts. 

This is what I do when I have toddler triplets:  Toddler Races

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
Oh my!  I loaded the house Tommy built and placed it at 15 Summerhill Court in Sunset Valley.  I just got done touring the inside of the house and it really is fabulous!  It's so spacious and comfortable.  It's mostly warm neutral tones and everything matches wonderfully!  (My husband calls me a matching pervert because I want everything to match.  Hehe.)  And because it isn't full of clutter, I'm hoping that it won't bog down the game.  The decorations are spare, but tasteful.  And there's still room to put paintings done by my Sims.  It's really a lovely house.  Thank you, Tommy!  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2010, 02:19:57 AM »
I downloaded it too. And though it's a lovely house, it's not for me. I would want something quite different I think. But Tommy has done a great job, as always. You can't please everybody :)

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2010, 02:40:44 AM »
Thanks guys glad you like it!  It's the 60x60 lot by the Alto's, I modified the terrain on that lot to have a hill in the front of it.  As far as I know there isn't an empty lot with terrain like that, you'd have to delete one of the other pre-made houses, but they're usually flat in the front and very steep in the back.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2010, 03:12:25 AM »
I downloaded it too.  I put mine in Riverview across from Jon Lesson's house.  I love the downstairs and the trophy room.  Now, to just find a sim with enough money to move in the housel. lol

You did an awesome job TommyT.  I am having trouble with building for some reason.  Maybe brain block, not sure. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?