Author Topic: Moving back to old house  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Moving back to old house
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:09:52 AM »
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but . . .

I accidently deleted a file, the garden that my sims had built, and so now I don't have the garden to go back to to do any changes.  I had kept a copy of just before they moved out, in case I wanted to add something.  This way I could use whatever from their inventory.

But, now I know longer have that save.  Can I move back from their new home, to the garden?  I know I would have to change it from community to residental, but can that be done, and then be able to use the plants from my inventor? 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: moving back to old house
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:54:52 PM »
Hi Janna,

If I'm understanding you correctly, your asking if you can move from one house, back to an old saved house or community lot.

Answer: Yes. Like you mentioned you'll want to rezone it back to residential. But then you'll be able to use it like you would any other residential lot. Move your family in and play with your garden.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Moving back to old house
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:29 AM »
I'm actually a little confused.  Is the garden a separate lot from the old house?  And you say you deleted the entire save file?  You might be able to recover the file you accidentally deleted.  Take a look at this topic and see if it might help you.  If it doesn't and if MrsFlynn's advice doesn't help, come back and give us a little more information.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:22 AM »
The garden isn't separate.  I created my fairy couple to create the garden; put them on static (I think that is what it is called) so there was no need for a bedroom, kitchen or bathroom.  Just a small room and gave them a tv, video game and some books to read, gardening, handiness, alchemy.

After the garden was finished, all plants at perfect, I moved them around into the pattern I wanted and added all the extras, fountain, lounge chairs and such.  I saved it, moved the couple out and sent them to new home.  Changed the lot from residential to community, big park and did some final work, adding the restrooms.

I normally have two or three saves of a garden in residental to have as backup, but only this one for some reason.  Was deleting another garden that I didn't like and accidently delete the Mystical Garden, the one I am keeping.  I still have the garden in community, but not in residential. 

What I was wondering was, could I change it back to residental, move my couple back and do any changes, add some more plants (which I can't do in community setup)  save it as residential a couple of times, move them back out and change it to community. 

I hope I made better sense this time.  Mystical Garden is a 30x40  lot and I have Midsummer Night Dream Garden in 40 0x 40. 

Offline DeNile

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »
Yes you could definitely do that as long as some form of the garden is saved in your lots bin. Just place it, change it, and keep in mind that some community lot items might be deleted in the change and will have to be replaced.
The Pendragon Randomacy. My new, and hopefully long-term, story for Carl's forum. Following Anita Pendragon: The Runaway.