Author Topic: Who will be the Founder of my Immortal Dynasty?--The Winner is Announced!!  (Read 28291 times)

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: Who Will Be the Founder of this Immortal Dynasty?--Meet the Competitors
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 12:20:53 AM »
Thanks Rosa, and thanks everyone who has been commenting on the characters.  I went with complete random roles for all of the character generation including not even altering wardrobes until they reached young adult.  Therefore, it was fun to watch how they developed through playing them and then figure out how I thought they became these characters.  Interesting that many of you like Jamal, but don't count out the ladies!

My favourite is probably Janicia. I can tell you spent a lot of time trying to get those screenshots right, as Janicia's nook has one of those Moon changing portraits in the background, and at one point it's in Moon mode rather than Sun mode like the rest of the screenshots^^

Although, with both Patrizia and Jamal, you managed to get all of those shots at night, and all of Ellody's were during the day.....although that doesn't mean the screenshots without a Moon changing portrait were completed in one period of time or the other.
 :)

~Anna

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Who Will Be the Founder of this Immortal Dynasty?--Traveling Abroad
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 12:27:49 AM »
Pippin:  Our competitors have now reached the challenge of all aging up through honor roll and continuing, or failing to make the honor roll and being eliminated.  The remaining Sims found their future resembling a game of chance as a random dice roll determined that they would be traveling to France for a 3 day getaway.   They decided to get a good night's sleep before heading off.
Janicia:  (Waking up)  What's going on outside?  Why are there strange lights?

Pippin:  You don't want to be outside right now.
Janicia:  I'm not Ellody, you don't need to supervise me like a...HEY!  What's happening!?!?

Pippin:  Why don't they listen?
At any rate, the friendly aliens made sure to return Janicia to us in time for the group to head off to glorious France...land of mopeds.

and of strangely distorted triple-mopeds?

Jamal, Ellody, and Patrizia: (Singing) "..but we'll look sweet, upon the seat, of a bicycle built for three!"
Pippin:  Umm, okay...anyway, Janicia instantly got to work on developing that photography skill by buying a camera.
Janicia:  HEL-LO...I...WANT...TO...BUY...A...CAM-E-RA

Clerk:  You realize we speak Simlish here, right?
Janicia:  I...umm...no...
Pippin:  Ellody, being quite the opportunist, decided this was a great time to make more friends and develop the charisma skills.

Ellody:  ...so then the baker grabs the rolling pin and says, "That's just how I roll"  (Laughs at her own joke).
Pippin:  But not even jokes are as great for building friendships as the ever popular pillow fight.

So, while Ellody and Janicia made the most of the marketplace, Jamal and Patrizia set off to explore a tomb.  This is great for Jamal, who has already added titanium to his acquired metals and gems, but Patrizia is simply trying to get enough simoleans to buy a camera for herself...and maybe a book.

Good luck, tomb raiders!
Next time, we'll see what troubles and triumphs the tomb holds and we'll see how our socialite and photographer fare in this new setting

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 12:35:01 AM »
Nice attention to detail, Anna!  I was wondering if anyone else would catch that.  I'm passing it off as a "that adds character to it" moment  :=)
I'm glad to hear someone's getting on the Janicia bandwagon.  I think she's a rather fun character.  There's a pretty decent chance that some of the characters who lose the college daze competition may show up in future stories.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 01:48:49 AM »
I noticed that the paintings changed too! (I feel like the little kid that needs credit for everything--probably because I am) And good luck, tomb raiders! Janicia's exchange with the general store clerk was too funny.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 06:35:48 AM »
Don't know how much traveling you've done, but do take the expensive camera with you into a tomb once you have high skill in photography. In Egypt, you get opportunities that pay incredibly high prices for pictures of floor switches, treasure chests, piles of rubble, etc.

Love the dialogue with the store clerk, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »
Having experienced exchange students with less-than-adequate English speaking skills, I've actually caught myself doing the stereotypical "stupid American" thing where you speak LOUDLY...AND...SLOWLY as if that's going to make anything you're saying make sense.
Excellent work, Rosa, we're all very proud and here's your gold sticker :=)  It's okay, we all like getting recognition for things.
Thanks for the tip Marian!  I was actually just going to have them do this one traveling bit, but maybe I'll have to work in another one if none of the competitors win it within the next Simweek (which is a realistic possibility).

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 06:38:01 PM »
Thank you for sharing this, Pippin :P
May I call you that too :P

And thank you for the other day!
You encourage me too to write my own story.

My favorite Sims so far is Jamal. And nothing will change my opinion of him lol
Love his personality.

Good luck with both of your project!
I still wait what happen next with your DecaDynasty! :)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 06:43:50 PM »
Thanks, Eldridge, and yes, you absolutely may call me Pippin :=)
I've not put quite as much decadynasty time in, but I have Pavo just started in school as a child and I want to do the next update as soon as he hits high school, so 4 or 5 Simdays left.
And you're welcome for the encouragement.  I'm hoping that soon I'll be commenting on your stories :=)

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 07:06:45 PM »
Thanks, Eldridge, and yes, you absolutely may call me Pippin :=)
I've not put quite as much decadynasty time in, but I have Pavo just started in school as a child and I want to do the next update as soon as he hits high school, so 4 or 5 Simdays left.
And you're welcome for the encouragement.  I'm hoping that soon I'll be commenting on your stories :=)

Eld-san already has his Immortal Dynasty started.  ;)
There's a link in his signature.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:27 PM »
Thanks, Anna, I apparently wasn't paying enough attention.  There's my back.  There's you having it.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 08:25:09 PM »
Thanks, Anna, I apparently wasn't paying enough attention.  There's my back.  There's you having it.

You're welcome - I was perusing the Immortal Dynasty page earlier like I do every so often and noticed it. I then later realised he had it in his signature when I was checking your thread....not everyonehas the time to check everything.^^

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 11:32:15 PM »

Heehee, I love it.

To the Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: Who will be the Founder of my Immortal Dynasty?--Traveling Abroad
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 11:35:16 AM »
Thank you everyone ^^

I'm speechless.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2013, 01:23:53 AM »
Pippin:  When last we left our young adults, they were enjoying a working vacation in France.
Jameson:  Why didn't I get to go.
Pippin:  Budget constraints.  Our show hasn't hit the big time yet, so we're on a budget resembling the early seasons of Star Trek.
Jameson:  I wondered why our aliens just looked like regular people with body glitter...
Pippin:  Anyway, Patrizia kept looting, I mean, exploring the ancient tomb with Jamal playing the role of extra muscle.

And Ellody kept working on that charisma skill by chatting with one of the local merchants

and talking about romance?  Ah, must be because France is the land of romance.
In one of our stranger moments, while she was simply hunting for more spots to take great photos, Janicia stumbled into an area that discolored everything and made her look ghostly.  Then again, maybe her outfit does look quite good in white?

Pippin:  Um, Ellody?  What are you doing?

Ellody:  We're just chatting, Pippin.  Flirting is a legitimate charisma skill.
Pippin:  Umm...okay...
Meantime, Patrizia managed to get that camera and is ready to head off to start taking pictures.  Patrizia?  Patrizia?!  Where did she go?  Guess she's already off taking photos.
Her sidekick in tomb raiding, evil Jamal, checked the adventure board for opportunities to find more rocks, metals, and gems.

And he's thinking of Benni.  Isn't that sweet?
Jamal:  I wish Benni could gather these rocks, gems, and metals for me.
Pippin:  "Sweet" is a relative term, I suppose.
ELLODY!!!!

Ellody:  Not cherry chapstick, but I liked it!
Pippin:  What about Jameson?
Ellody:  You spent the first three chapters warning me away from him.  Make up your mind.
Pippin:  But...that was when...
Ellody:  Too late now, silly man.  Why don't you go check on the other competitors?
Pippin:  Don't tell me what to do, young lady.
Ellody:  Fine, what do you think you should do?
Pippin:  I'm going to go check on the other competitors.
We finally caught up with Patrizia.  She found out how traps work.

JAMAL!!

Jamal:  This is just how they greet each other.  We do fishy faces by each other's cheeks.  I'm a clownfish! (singing) Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!
Pippin:  Anyway, Jamal sat around for almost a full day's worth of time waiting, but two pieces of titanium finally appeared on the map enabling Jamal to finish the adventure he was on.
Back to the adventure board to look for more opportunities to find rocks, gems, and metals.

Meantime, Ellody made sure she got a good night's sleep every night she was in France.

Jamal:  Looking for adventures to find rocks, gems, or metal...

Pippin:  Patrizia finally completed her tomb adventure by bringing a baseball to a familiar-looking French Sim

Jamal:  Looking for an adventure to find rock, jams, and metal...

Pippin:  Ellody made another friendship to further her charisma skill, but didn't take this friendship quite as far.

Jamal:  Looking for an adventure to find blocks, jammies, and go mental...

Pippin:  So, here's how the kids are doing at this point, 
Our evil little man Jamal

has a 7 in both handiness and logic, but only 8 of his rocks, metals, and gems gathered.
Dear little Ellody

has a 4 in writing and a 6 in charisma...and a 0 in photography.
Janicia, who overcame the struggles of her childhood pudginess,

has managed to get up to a 5 in sculpting, a 4 in painting, and a 3 in photography.
Daddy's girl Patrizia

has used her photographer's eye trait to help her get to a 1 in sculpting, a 6 in painting, and is already up to a 5 in photography.
With less than half a day to enjoy their trip, we'll leave them to their leisure.  We'll be stateside again for the next post!

A note from the writer:  I like to work with the wishes that the Sims express, so the whole flirting and kissing thing was Ellody's idea.  I'm not judging her, just sharing how it ended up going that direction.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2013, 06:12:10 AM »
Excellent! At first I thought "jams" was a typo, but by the next picture, I knew it was Jamal's brain that was frying, not yours.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything