Author Topic: Parents Abandoned Children  (Read 9172 times)

Offline CarelessSparks

• Llama Wrangler
Parents Abandoned Children
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:59:36 PM »
Last week my adult Sims got the opportunity to go away on vacation for 2 days, so I let them, leaving three teens at home with a baby. After the two days were up, the game said they were coming back in two hours, but they never did. I tried ResetSim, but it didn't work. I tried everything I could think of - evicting the household made the game crash, throwing parties to get in trouble made the police call them but they still didn't come back.
I'm pretty sure I know why this happened. The dad was about to age to elder, and he must have tried to while away. His portrait was weirdly replaced by his wife's picture, so there were duplicates of her.
Eventually I gave up and just enjoyed the challenge of raising a baby with just teens in the household, but now that they're grown up they can't go to University because "There are already adults travelling in the household". Even moving them out, without their parents, produced the same result.
I've pretty much lost all hope and I'm playing other towns now, but I was attached to that family and I'd like to fix them. Has this happened to anyone else? Do you know how to fix it?
I did have a pretty good laugh at the thought of the parents just staying on vacation fot the rest of their lives though  :P

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: Parents Abandoned Children
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:59:37 AM »
Unfortunately, this is a somewhat common bug with the free vacation, and I don't think it had anything to due with the birthday. I know this is probably unlikely, since you've played on after this, but do you happen to have a previous save for the game before they went on the vacation? If you did, you could just not send them.

There probably is another way to solve this, but I'll admit that I'm not entirely sure what it is. Hopefully someone more experienced with this bug can help.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CarelessSparks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »
Okay thanks. No, I don't have a save, unfortunately  :-\

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
This may help.
One of Nraas Mods [Overwatch I think] has this thing where you can recover missing sims.

Offline Flower1552

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 09:39:22 PM »
Gosh, I cant imagine how scary this would be if it happened to me. Both my Sim's parents are elders, and love going on a free vacation leaving my teen Sim with their immortal cat <--(another story). They came back fine. I have never had or heard of this problem. There's really nothing I can say for you to do other than give up on it. Have you tried copying the town???

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:05 PM »
Gosh, I cant imagine how scary this would be if it happened to me. Both my Sim's parents are elders, and love going on a free vacation leaving my teen Sim with their immortal cat <--(another story). They came back fine. I have never had or heard of this problem. There's really nothing I can say for you to do other than give up on it. Have you tried copying the town???

An alternate idea came to me as I read this. (though it is not ideal) You could save all of the Sims you currently have to the bin, by "Changing their Appearance" at a mirror than choosing the "Save to Bin" near the portrait at the bottom. Once you have all of the Sims, you could start a new game, go into your bin in Create a Sim, select all of your saved sims, and start over. It wouldn't save any skills, relationships, or lifetime rewards you may have collected, but you could send them to college or something like that.

Offline CarelessSparks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 03:01:57 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone! Unfortunately nothing worked out, but I appreciate the effort  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 02:15:50 AM »
I don't like saying this but there are times which the parents come back and yell at the teen for 'trashing' the house even though I never let my teens throw parties. I once had a parent that never came back and finally did when the teen aged up and yelled at her for again 'trashing' the house and grounding her even though she is a young adult already, wonder how that happened.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »
This is a common bug with the free vacation.

It's very much recommended not to accept the offer. As there's not really a fix for it when it glitches.

Problem with free vacation
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=15933.msg389549#msg389549
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything