Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 93216 times)

Priyansh

Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2011, 05:09:03 AM »
I've voted on that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:24 AM »
EA has put a new promotional video up on YouTube.  Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere.

Unexpectedly Medieval
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2011, 06:18:09 AM »
I love some of those facial expressions on that trailer.  Most of the moves look pretty much like our old sims.  I use to play city building games where you had to juggle trying to do imports and exports and take the character on quests and you had alot going on at once in those games, so this game looks pretty cool. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #213 on: February 11, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »
Initially I wasn't going to buy Medieval. It just seemed to be, well, not a sims game, i.e. a sandbox game, but neither a role-play/kingdom building game. I love, with a passion, role play games. And off course I'm mad about the sims. However, reading more about it my opinion is changing and I'm rather looking forward to it. Although I might wait till it comes down in price.

Priyansh

« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2011, 12:23:49 PM »
After seeing this trailer, I have decided to put aside my lust for historical correctness and buy this game as soon as it comes out in India. For the first time, I am throwing away armies in dumpster and waiting for a Quest. >:D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
After seeing this trailer, I have decided to put aside my lust for historical correctness and buy this game as soon as it comes out in India. For the first time, I am throwing away armies in dumpster and waiting for a Quest. >:D

That's the spirit.  ;) At the end of the day it's just another game for you to occupy some free time with. If it gives you enjoyment, then it serves its purpose — whether it's historically accurate or not.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2011, 12:44:44 PM »
Can we become a simple man, like a farmer or a blacksmith, rather than a king?

Yes, you can.  There are ten characters for you to choose from:

Knight
Physician
Monarch
Wizard
Blacksmith
Bard
Jacoban Priest
Peteren Priest
Spy
Merchant

More details here:
http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/thesimsmedieval/news.html?sid=6279112&mode=previews&page=1

(Apologies if the link has already been posted.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »

Way to go Priyansh!

I also will buy this game, no matter if I will like the playstyle or not. In the trailer already I saw a lot of sim animations that isn't included in the original Sims serie (bending, sword fighting, using magic). I see a lot of potention to make Medieval movies or even better: combining scenes from Medieval with The Sims 3. Oh yeah! :D

@Gheez: what exactly are the following persons in your list: Psychian, Monarch, Bard, Merchant and the difference between being a Jacoban Priest or a Peteren Priest?

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »

@Gheez: what exactly are the following persons in your list: Psychian, Monarch, Bard, Merchant and the difference between being a Jacoban Priest or a Peteren Priest?

I've just re-read that article I linked to.  The persons are the characters that you can choose to play to complete your quests.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are asking, so hopefully I'm answering you correctly.

The physician (edited my original post to correct spelling) is the doctor.  You see this one in the videos operating something that looks like a torture chamber rack.  He'd be creating potions and curing the sick.

Monarch is the king or queen.  Bard is the songwriter and storyteller.  Merchant buys and sells things and trades with other countries.

As I understand it the main differences between the priests are those of how they interpret their faith.  The Jacobans are good at reminding their followers of the hell that awaits the sinner - fear god - and have amassed great wealth within their church.  The Peterans preach more forgiveness - god loves you - they don't have much money and take a more gentle approach with their congregations.

Hope this helps and answers what you were asking.

Priyansh

« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
Merchant buys and sells things and trades with other countries.

Well that's nice. I am good at trading, especially when it is something about history! :) I have a game about middle ages, in which I have an entire trading empire, which was nearly impossible to make. ;)

As for Jacobeans, I see that they really use "Iron Fist" to preach. That's just like "Bow to God, or I will slash your head away and display it on a pike, and place it in the center of the town!!!".

Well, Peterans are also nice. They are like"God will help you, if you believe in him!", and they work with peace.

As far as I have planned, I will create any man who wields a sword: a knight, a blacksmith, anything.

Leto85

« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »
Thank you very much Gheez. That was exactly the answer that made this all clear for me. I didn't know the words I've mentioned in my post so for me it was not clear at all at first.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
You're welcome. (Your English is so good that sometimes it is possible to forget that it is not your native tongue.)

Leto85

« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2011, 12:01:02 PM »
You're welcome. (Your English is so good that sometimes it is possible to forget that it is not your native tongue.)

I've learned from the best (Pam and Swede). But thank you for the compliment. If I would visit people here in real life than you will notice that I have a native tongue. Especially because there will be words for (example) furniture in house that I don't know the English translation for.
But words taken from medieval period are so far from before my time (I asume before your time too :P) I than will find problems.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2011, 03:13:41 PM »
But words taken from medieval period are so far from before my time (I asume before your time too :P) I than will find problems.

;D I might be old but I'm not quite that old, so you assume right.

I am being very indecisive though.  I've just gone to pre-order and find that I have a choice of three versions:

• The Sims Medieval

• The Sims Medieval Limited Edition
    (with three extra throne rooms, special outfit for king and queen and special outfit for male and female executioner)

• The Sims Medieval Collectors Edition
    (with permissions to download three extra throne rooms and ten outfits; plus poster, map, artwork booklet, cd of the music and wax seal)

I don't know which to pick. I'm thinking that it may be sensible to go with the cheapest... anyone have any opinions, please?

Leto85

« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2011, 04:54:45 PM »
Difficult options Gheez. I think it depends on how much money you want to spend on it. That last one, the collection thing seems very atractive to me, especially with the music cd which could be used in upcoming videos but I don't know how much everything will cost (in Euros).
My special Sims 3 Edition had cost me already some good E60,- if I'm not mistaking and I can not know for sure how far I would love this game.

anything