Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 92232 times)

Leto85

Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
What?  It wasn't the flush toilet? 

Actually, the flush toilet seems the be the number one invention of the 20th century. And personally I agree with that.
But why do we still have feminism? ... (just kidding girls :P)

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
I've plumbing problems.  I miss having the hot water on tap far more than I mind throwing a bucket of water down the toilet. 

Though saying that I think the toilet may be blocked. 

Down with feminism - come and unblock my toilet for me Leto, for I am but a poor helpless female.

But, to get back to the topic - sorry for the digression - I'm wondering if we will have to follow the quests.  It may be that the quests unlock certain items but we may still be able to 'play' without them. 

Aargh, so much speculation.  Roll on 25th March.  Looks like it is being released on the same date, worldwide - which is good.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: February 15, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
I'm wondering if we will have to follow the quests.  It may be that the quests unlock certain items but we may still be able to 'play' without them.

Well, you might be able to play without completing quests, but my understanding is that your heroes have to complete them in order for you to ultimately attain your kingdom's ambition.

Priyansh

« Reply #243 on: February 15, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
Shogun II will be released on 15th March, just after my final exams end. And I said this, because........I hope........EA will some day.......add Feudal Japan. And also because I am starting to read history of Japan, and I have read Sun Tzu's "The Art of War", so my hope is getting stronger. :)

As for the game, I think it will be somewhat similar to World Adventures adventuring opportunities, like fully exploring a tomb etc.

And I seriously do hope that EA will make a bigger world. When I bought Late Night, I expected New York, but what I got was even smaller than a village.

Leto85

« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2011, 08:59:21 AM »
Down with feminism - come and unblock my toilet for me Leto, for I am but a poor helpless female.

Aargh, so much speculation.  Roll on 25th March.  Looks like it is being released on the same date, worldwide - which is good.  :)

Female? Don't get me wrong, but it must be your signature and your avatar that I had always thought you are a male.
Ah well, I thought about some girl here that she was 30, instead of 13 so I asume I get away with this also. :S

So it will be 25 of March worldwide? That last word is a relive for me, thank you very much! Besides that, March 25th isn't that far away.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »

Leto85

« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2011, 12:06:45 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted already, but I just read it and it's a pretty good article. :)

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/sim/thesimsmedieval/news.html?sid=6297455&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures%3Btitle%3B1&mode=previews

Wow, look at that final picture at the bottom. That snake thing, pretty scary. A mouth in a mouth in a mouth... bah. :S Though in a horrifying way, still awesome.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Priyansh

« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2011, 01:18:52 PM »
Blast!!!! >:( Another foolish fantasy. I hate Krakens. But still I will 'probably' not mind it. And how come Caesar is in Medieval period??! The age of Roman Emperors ended 1500 years ago from what told here. The ending of Rome is the key to start medieval age, but Caesar?! Oh God, nothing can be so foolish.

And the Grim Reaper in The Sims 3 looked realistically medieval. The one shown here looks like he is just returning from a fancy-dress competition. ???

EA is becoming utterly stupid with the latest sim games they release: zealots?! Dragons??! MONSTERS???!!! Are we going to play Mythology here? I will never forgive EA for this. Sims 2 was realistic, and the EA is removing all the nice and required features and implementing 'exotic' unwanted and crap features, like teleporting in car instead of sitting and backing out to the road. :(

Furthermore, this time EA has really aroused my anger. The sims game is turning from Life Simulation genre to the 'Utterly Foolish Crappy Fantasy for Babies'. They rate the game T for Teen, but the sims game are becoming so much foolish and crappy that they are not even worth 5 year old child. >:(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2011, 03:43:43 PM »
Priyansh, take it down a notch. There's no place here for you spewing venom at EA. You know forum rules on that matter.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »
Actually, the flush toilet seems the be the number one invention of the 20th century. And personally I agree with that.
But why do we still have feminism? ... (just kidding girls :P)

Wrong!  The flush toilet was invented by the Myceneans and an example of it discovered in the palace at Knossos along with bathtubs with taps for running, HOT, water!  Then somehow all that technology got lost and wasn't rediscovered till the Crapper came along, (official name of the first modern toilet).  Oh, I AM a font of trivia.

Speaking of trivia, I JUST noticed today that at the bottom, in relatively small print, (at least small for my eyes, lol), it says that Medieval is a new BASE game.  Does that not intimate that there will be add on Ep/Sps?  I'm thinking yes and hoping so.  Just makes it so much more fun when you can gussy up the place with new instruments for the donjon and ladies solar.

Oh, and Metro?  Consider yourself slapped.  lol 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:11 PM »
Speaking of trivia, I JUST noticed today that at the bottom, in relatively small print, (at least small for my eyes, lol), it says that Medieval is a new BASE game.  Does that not intimate that there will be add on Ep/Sps?  I'm thinking yes and hoping so.  Just makes it so much more fun when you can gussy up the place with new instruments for the donjon and ladies solar.

I've read that it's the first of a series of games.  I don't know if they will be expansion packs or completely different games.  Personally, I would love to see a series of games each set in a different time period.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
I've read that it's the first of a series of games.  I don't know if they will be expansion packs or completely different games.  Personally, I would love to see a series of games each set in a different time period.

Let's send some Tron and Star Wars and Bicentennial Man ideas to EA right away. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »
I've read that it's the first of a series of games.  I don't know if they will be expansion packs or completely different games.  Personally, I would love to see a series of games each set in a different time period.

Yeah, I've read it will be part of a series as well. But, I wonder why the series has not been named yet? It's obviously not a Sims 3 game which is why I hope our coverage of Medieval and other games in the series will eventually find a home on a new Carl's site and not just have extra boards thrown in here.

Priyansh

« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »
Priyansh, take it down a notch. There's no place here for you spewing venom at EA. You know forum rules on that matter.

I know the rules sir, but sorry because I couldn't control myself. That article made me boil on my chair. But I am calm now. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
I know the rules sir, but sorry because I couldn't control myself. That article made me boil on my chair. But I am calm now. :)

Haha. Is someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to type? ;) You can control yourself. But, I hear you. I can be quite emotional too. I keep telling myself it's only a game when I see inconsistencies and flaws (mostly bugs).

I think Medieval will be a strong game with a lot of hours of enjoyment for the player.

anything