Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 92251 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2011, 09:48:50 AM »
I read somewhere also, that they have tweaked the characters to look more lifelike, so when I was watching a video, it did look a little more detailed than the sims3.  Not sure if it was my imagination or that they really did look different.  I think the game is going to be great too.  I guess they can have children, but they don't age up into adults, wonder how that will work.  So some aspects are really going to take some getting use to, I suppose. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2011, 09:51:35 AM »
That already happened in the sims 1. Couples could have babies, and babies would grow into children, but that is as far as it went.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
I think you won't get to see the wars directly, as they might work just like when you're reading the newspaper in TS3; You just get messages of what is going on. Your knight's abilities and such will probably be a major factor on being victorious, though.

I think this will be told you by a messenger man. Can't confirm it, but such a NPC would be very obvious to have.

Leto85

« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
Bingo, this is the text I was looking for on the site Pam mentioned: '•Build a Kingdom - Start with an empty field and build up your kingdom, deciding its ultimate ambition and working to achieve its destiny.'

I like that because I like building, but I also like that because it provides more varity in movies.

Priyansh

« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2011, 05:17:02 PM »
I think that there will be a large board with information nailed on it. Newspaper wasn't invented back then, but still I can hope for an Aztec Runner to bring news to the king.

What about thieves and burglars? If king doesn't keeps any security, then the burglar would be entering his palace now and then. So EA must have implemented some door guards etc.

Also a king should not travel on foot. There must be horses. Medieval age was the golden age of cavalry fights. Here is a screenshot of Teutonic Ritterbruders charging on Lithuanian spearmen:

You can see, how dangerous cavalry was.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2011, 05:42:31 PM »
I have Medieval Total War 2 as well! I always watch as my Cavalry charge through some archers and watch bodies go flying...  :-X
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Priyansh

« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2011, 06:22:25 PM »
I have Medieval Total War 2 as well! I always watch as my Cavalry charge through some archers and watch bodies go flying...  :-X

And blood-stained dismounted Feudal Knights running around with swords and shields, of course! ;)

Well the point is correct. Horses are a must.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2011, 08:36:24 PM »
Bingo, this is the text I was looking for on the site Pam mentioned: '•Build a Kingdom - Start with an empty field and build up your kingdom, deciding its ultimate ambition and working to achieve its destiny.'

I like that because I like building, but I also like that because it provides more varity in movies.

This was interesting to me, too.  I was under the impression that Sims Medieval wouldn't have any building or construction.  But if we're able to start from an empty field, there will be some building and construction.  I wonder if it will be ready-made buildings or something where we don't actually build the floors and walls.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
In one of the videos, it appeared that the main buildings, like the castle and the wizard's keep were added to piece by piece.  A ready made building was slotted into the space.  (However, this isn't to say that we won't be able to design the other buildings - maybe down in the town - though I've not really spotted anything that says we will be able to do this, unfortunately.)

This is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY4p0H6rSqE

Have a watch from 8:02 onwards: Rachel Bernstein adds knights' quarters to her castle and a wizard's tower to an area in which her physcian's clinic has already been built.  

Not long now until it will be out and then we can find out for sure.  I'm looking forward to it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2011, 09:50:48 PM »
@Gheez:

When you post a link, you need to highlight the link text and click on the "Insert Hyperlink" button (with the globe on it).  This will convert your text to an actual link.  I fixed it in your comment.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #280 on: February 22, 2011, 09:53:54 PM »
Sorry Pam, I'll remember that in future.  Thanks for fixing it for me.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2011, 11:06:54 PM »
It's proper to consider the possibility of cheating through the ready-made buildings into enabling you to build, such as using the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false cheat to build in apartments in TS3.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
A fantastic, in-depth preview! Thanks for that link, Gheez. I had never seen that before.

Priyansh

« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »
Bingo! I see that we can have 6 wishes instead of 4.

I wish EA will give feature to have longer names. I always wished to name my sim King Edward I Plantagenet of England..........or at least Edward Longshanks..........

An example:

King William I of England, Duke of the House of Normandy in service of King Henry I of France.

In French:
Le roi Guillaume Ier d'Angleterre, duc de la Chambre de Normandie en service du Roi Henri Ier de France

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #284 on: February 23, 2011, 01:41:40 AM »
It's proper to consider the possibility of cheating through the ready-made buildings into enabling you to build, such as using the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false cheat to build in apartments in TS3.

I don't get that feeling from it at all.  I doubt there are cheats that will let you build.  The buildings just pop up when you add them.  Poof!  There it is!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog