The Aria Collection  Steleus
9 (11.3%)
Manning the helm  Swirl-girl
4 (5%)
Sizzling Mamacita Collection Vinyl
6 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: July 16, 2013, 01:34:45 PM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2013: 05 - Resort Wear Collection - Closed  (Read 15813 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Well this one was a toughie!  I wanted to vote for EVERYONE.  It was so hard to pick a favorite when everyone had something unique and wonderful.  However, I must say I am not surprised Ausette won.  Her color and pattern combinations were so much fun and really said resort wear.  I particularly liked the shorts with the yellow patterned top.  Reminded me of Daisy Dukes and clothes I wore as a teen.  Congratulations Ausette and to each and every one of you.  Really a great job and gave me so many new outfits to use now!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Congrats to Ausette for a very well-deserved win! It was very difficult to make just three votes, and I'm not surprised that things were as close as there were. Everyone had a great entry, and I wish I could've chosen more. I'm open for any comment or critique on my entry.

Swirl-Girl: I particularly liked your swimwear in this entry, and I can't quite put my finger on why. I think part of it might be the way it was framed with the waterskiing that made it look really good.

Azokka: I liked the framing of having the mother-daughter collection, and I thought your child formalwear was really cool.

Vinyl: I thought your orange Generations dress was lovely.

Snuffles: I'm really a fan of how the outfits seemed like something a child would wear. They seemed very life-like in that regard. Very good job with that.

Gogowars: Your attempt to make good resort wear for Elders was very clever. I would not have thought of doing an Elder-only set.

Marian: Your opening blurb describing your collection had me laughing multiple times. Very witty!

Chetan: It was great that your entry managed to use only basegame clothes. I'm not sure how I could've done anything without my shiny expansion clothes, so your eye for fashion in the basegame is quite remarkable.

Ausette: I've always been impressed with your eye for patterns, a gift I've never been able to possess. The two designs farthest to the right were my favourites, but they were all great.

Steleus: I loved how the model's face was never seen. It really puts the emphasis on the clothes themselves. I was quite tickled by the Aztec swimwear, mostly for the name.

Ricalynn: It was really cool how you had two different models, almost like it was two separate supply chains. The three for each model felt like they went together, but you still added that variety with the other model. Really clever.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
I have to say, the entries in this contest just blew me away!  They were all winners.  Each collection had something distinctively attractive about it, whether it was the colours, the patterns, or the way outfits were coordinated.  The presentations were superbly done.  And most of all, I loved the variety in the collections - from elders' wear to outfits for young children and everything in between, including mothers-to-be and a wedding collection.  The hardest thing for me was deciding which collections to vote for - I waited until the last minute to cast my vote, because I really wanted to vote for them all.

Kudos to everyone who entered this contest, and thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
I think I will agree with Schip on this--it was very difficult to choose only three out of such a fun variety of entries. :D

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
I also agree with Schipperke. It was so hard to chose the 3 favourites. Really, i wanted to chose all. All of the entries were nice and unique in each way. And thanks for the compliments. I have only base game, so i had to use only the patterns available in the game.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
I have to say, the entries in this contest just blew me away!  They were all winners.  Each collection had something distinctively attractive about it, whether it was the colours, the patterns, or the way outfits were coordinated.  The presentations were superbly done.  And most of all, I loved the variety in the collections - from elders' wear to outfits for young children and everything in between, including mothers-to-be and a wedding collection.  The hardest thing for me was deciding which collections to vote for - I waited until the last minute to cast my vote, because I really wanted to vote for them all.

Kudos to everyone who entered this contest, and thank you for sharing your creativity with us!

Oh, I agree! I definitely think we should do more open-ended contests like this one. It makes it hard to pick a favourite, but it's so wonderful to see everyone's ideas! :)

@Steleus: Oooh, very fancy posing! I like how you genuinely made it look like a high-fashion catalogue. Your outfits were gorgeous too in a rather realistic-looking way; the denim and darker fabrics made it look like something a model would throw together from her own wardrobe. That said, my favourite was the swimwear. The pattern was lovely and you balanced the colours perfectly.  :)

@Rica: Hey, I recognise some of those patterns  ;)! You did a really lovely job with them, too; that Blue Bubbles dress is absolutely gorgeous. I also really love the red Showtime swimsuit, and I think it would look perfect on one of your pregnant Grim ladies.

@Joria: I'm not sure if you wanted comments on your entry, but I didn't think it would hurt to say I adored the concept and all of your outfits were lovely :). My favourite, for the name and the patterns you used, would have to be "scuba-scuba-do". Love it.  ;D

@Audren: Don't be silly, you have fantastic eye for patterns! Your collection was lovely and neutral and all the pieces work together perfectly. I think you did a great job with the green top in particular.

Offline GoslettM

• Townie
  • Call me Marisha

Ausette, congrats for a very, very well-deserved win!  ;)  I also agree with you Schipperke, this one was very, very hard to choose.

Once again I would like to thank our contest co-ordinators for such a fun and creative contest.  I had so much fun.  8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything