Author Topic: Can't seem to get help from EA  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Hurleyslegacy

• Nooboo
Can't seem to get help from EA
« on: July 31, 2013, 01:37:30 PM »
Here is my nightmare . I originally bought a used SIMS 3 DVD, not realizing that was a no-no. I then bought the SIMS 70,80's and 90's...seemed to work fine...then it started showing a user error code...so  then thought well, I will just take all of this off my computer and bu a new starter pack...which I did....and received help from EA about removing the old game from the files and how to patch the new game once it was installed....now here is the issue....the new SIMS 3 that I bought (as a download from EA) will not install....at all. I am kind of ticked at EA, because they aren't listening to my problem....does anyone have ANY ideas? I npow have SIMS 3, loft, late night and 70's,80's and 90's that I can't play...I was also hoping to add Supernatural to that list...right now I am more inclined to smash my lap top with a hammer. :-) Thank you in advance for your help!!!!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't seem to get help from EA
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »
Hi Hurleyslegacy,

I'm not sure I completely understand the problem. So please forgive me if there's a missunderstanding.

Sounds like Sims 3 expansions and stuff packs will not install. If this is correct. You might want to try running a registery cleaner program. Like CCleaner and then try installing it again?

Something else that might be useful is to look over this How-To written by Flynn Arrowstarr -

How-To: Backup and Restore The Sims 3 From Origin Downloader 
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,12079.0.html

Hope this helps,

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything