Author Topic: The Beautiful Stars (Chapter 23)  (Read 24094 times)

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Beautiful Stars
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »
Ooh, the diner interior is nice.  Did you build that?
Yes, that's one of those "out of game" screen shots because the whole "stood outside her house and spammed friendly interactions" thing just got boring after awhile.
I'm floored. Your writing is excellent and I love the idea of using Xander as a dynasty spouse.
Thank you, coming from you, that is high praise.
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2013, 09:35:15 PM »
Chapter 5

Emma and Connor both received style advice from our darling Ms. Darling. She's really gotten a knack for this. Allow me to introduce:

And

The next day was fairly uneventful, full of everyone getting settled in and comfortable… well, as comfortable as you can be in rather uncomfortable bunk beds.  A landscaper arrived and started landscaping "Bellanova Manor" as it has come to be called.  I went down to the local school and learned to paint. I love painting and sculpting and pretty much every other type of art! I decided to register as a self employed artist at City Hall. I wasn't the only one who got a new job that day though. Connor decided to quit his job to become a full time writer.
Thursday was a holiday called "Leisure Day". Everyone seemed to want to just stay home and relax, but I wanted to see what the festival at the park was all about! Xander was the only one who agreed to come with me for some reason.
We had just gotten there when Xander pulled me away from the festivities, saying he needed to talk to me.

"Izarra… I… you… I've never met anyone like you," he stumbled out. I giggled. He blushed. "Don't laugh, it's true! There's something about you. You swooped into my life, talked my mom into moving all of us in, and now I can't stop thinking about you. The way you talk, the way you laugh, the way you walk… Everything. You are freaking beautiful, you know that?!"
"I've been told," I said, coolly.  Xander, I had found out, had a reputation for being a heartbreaker.
"I'm sure you have been. You're like every man's dream… beautiful, caring… I mean, you took in the Hagness."
"That's rather rude of you to call her that. She happens to be one of my friends!"
"That's not what I meant!" he quickly corrected himself.

He fumbled around for a moment. "Look… I'm not trying to just hook up with you. You… you're amazing. I was talking to Mom the other day and she really likes you… I'm pretty sure that's the first time we've ever actually agreed on something. Heck, even Buster likes you!"
"So what do you want, Xander? Because I'm not one to fool around and play games."
"You. I want you. You're beautiful, you're stunning, you make my mom happy, you care about people… I mean, for Watcher's sake! You could not be more perfect if you tried."
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, wishing De was here. I felt a warm chill run through me, a feeling I was quite familiar with… De.
I can't talk long. Go for it. You're doing great. Don't worry, I'm still with you.
"So, what are you asking me exactly Xander?"
He pulled a bouquet of white roses from under a nearby bush and gave them to me.

"Will you please be my girlfriend?"
When I was a teenager,  the many moons ago that it was, there was a man named Charles who sought my hand in marriage. He was perfect. Smart, funny, handsome… and he had a kingdom of his own that prospered.
I couldn't STAND him. He was too perfect. Being married to him would have meant constantly working to be the "perfect wife" to a perfect husband. Plus, I had immortality waiting for me… I said no.
So now, hundreds of years later, I have the opposite problem. In front of me is a man, who is about as imperfect as the come. He thinks I am perfect (far from, thank you very much!) and he's asking me to be a "girlfriend". Agnes had explained this concept to me last night. It meant that he was courting me, but didn't intend to marry me. This concept seemed strange to me, because in my culture you only courted if you intended to marry.
"I will make a deal with you, Xander," I answered.
"Okay…" he said reluctantly. Obviously that was not the answer he was hoping for.
"You have three days to decide if you wish to marry me. If, by Sunday, you decide you do not wish to marry me, you are to break off our relationship immediately. Deal?"
"Deal," he replied confidently. "And, if I decide by Sunday that I do want to marry you… you'll marry me that day."
"Deal."
We shook on it. When we returned home that night, Bessie asked how the festival was…

Thanks to a certain someone… I honestly had no idea!

Note: I feel Xander just needed the right woman to push him in the right direction. Oh, and I just love his expressions. :) Please leave a critique!
The Beautiful Stars

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 09:39:52 PM »
Xander was so adorable in that scene. Maybe all that he needs is the right lady to keep him on track. ;)

And I absolutely agree with Trip--your writing is fantastic!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 09:43:32 AM »

It's great seeing some of the lesser-played sims in this dynasty; I don't think I've seen anyone used the Clavelss before. Love the cafe!

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 08:57:20 PM »
Xander was so adorable in that scene. Maybe all that he needs is the right lady to keep him on track. ;)

And I absolutely agree with Trip--your writing is fantastic!
Thank you very much. :) I was playing a Stylist Sim in SV when I first got Ambitions and Xander was a client. I was shocked at how nice he cleaned up and how adorable he was. Before that I'd avoided him like the plague because of his awful traits... now I know better, bad traits are nothing a few SWAP sessions won't fix!

It's great seeing some of the lesser-played sims in this dynasty; I don't think I've seen anyone used the Clavelss before. Love the cafe!

Agnes is the only "normal" dynasty Sim I chose. I think that she still has a few surprises up her sleeves though :) And thank you. I wanted the story to stand out a bit more than the normal "Founder went to X's house and moved them in 4 hours later" lol There is actually a deeper reason that Bessie was so quick to accept Izarra... but that's a later story. :)
The Beautiful Stars

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
Chapter 6

Day one came and went of our three day deal. Xander was at work that day, though he did call to tell me he was thinking of me. It was okay though, I was busy that day planning his and Agnes's birthday party the next day. It seemed shocking to me that they were both the same age… Agnes acted so much older than Xander did.
The party was on the front lawn. Emma whipped up two cakes, one chocolate and one caramel for the birthday boy and girl and I bought a chocolate fountain from the store. I called around and invited Agnes's family and Xander's friends. Perhaps Agnes's family wasn't the best idea…

I don't know why Cornelia was so angry at Agnes. She kept scowling at her the entire party.  Agnes is one of the sweetest women I know. Overall, it still ended up being a wonderful party, though Agnes started suffering from what Bessie explained to me to be a "mid-life crisis".  Poor girl, started popping wishes for all sorts of odd things!
I didn't sleep well that night. Xander asked me after the party  to meet him down at Recurve Strand the next day.  I awoke early and went down to watch the calm water lapping against the sand.

I didn't even hear Xander walk up to join me.
"So, I've been thinking about our deal…" he said from behind me.
Oh Watcher, he's changed his mind. He has commitment issues. He and I barely spent any time together. He's not going to want me to be his wife…
"If you could just turn around…"

I can honestly say I have never been more surprised in my life.
"Izarra Bellanova, most mysterious and beautiful woman I have ever met… I have never met anyone like you. I used to think women were all the same before you came into my life. Heck, my life time wish was to have ten different girlfriends! You changed all that! You're the one for me… will you be my wife?"
"YES!! YES YES YES YES YES!" I shouted, dancing up and down. He slid the ring on my finger and it was official, we were betrothed.

For a moment, it was just me and Xander, alone in our happiness… and then I remembered the other part of our deal.
"Oh, my Watcher. I have to go! What time do you want to get married?"
"I was thinking in the back yard tonight under the stars… Though none can be as beautiful as my Bellanova."
I giggled happily. "Sounds like a plan… See you there?"
"You know it."
And with that, I took off toward the house to gather Agnes, Bessie, and Emma and tell them the news. And to find out what a modern wedding was like!
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »

*gasp* You can re-color the birthday cakes? Why did I not notice this before? Great screenshots, by the way. Let's hope things work out for them!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline molly4000

• Townie
  • I'm (finally) back!
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 12:46:10 PM »
*gasp* You can re-color the birthday cakes?
I didn't know that either... Anyway, I love your story, and your founder is gorgeous! Good luck!
"May the odds be ever in your favor"-Effie Trinket

Anna33

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »
*gasp* You can re-color the birthday cakes? Why did I not notice this before? Great screenshots, by the way. Let's hope things work out for them!

Actually I think they are cc I tried to re color one earlier but it said "cannot change style"
Oh Cornelia pulling faces at poor Agnes meanie. :P

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 03:23:56 PM »
I didn't know that either... Anyway, I love your story, and your founder is gorgeous! Good luck!
Actually I think they are cc I tried to re color one earlier but it said "cannot change style"
Oh Cornelia pulling faces at poor Agnes meanie. :P

Unfortunately they are CC. If anyone would like the link, feel free to PM me. (I so wish that they were in game! Let's hope that little detail is better in TS4!)
The Beautiful Stars

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 03:30:25 PM »
Chapter 7

I raced up to the house and ran into Bessie tidying up after breakfast.
"Xander and I are to be wed!" I announced happily. Bessie squealed in a way that defied her age, dropped the plate she was holding, and began clapping  and jumping up and down excitedly.
"When?" she asked.
"Tonight! I have no idea what to do!"
"Leave it to me!" she pulled out her phone and called Emma and Agnes. "Meet me at the salon in 10! We have a wedding to plan… and fast!" She then went to her apartment to grab a small box before getting a taxi for us as well.
On the taxi ride over, Bessie asked me a bunch of questions, such as my favorite color and favorite flavor cake. I answered them in a daze, wondering what tonight would be like. Back home, weddings were three day feasts held by the bride's parents before sending her off to live with the groom's family. From what Bessie was describing, they had toned down a great deal in the past few centuries.
We pulled up at the salon. Emma was bouncing around the steps excitedly, wearing a lovely blue dress.

"Agnes already has a few dresses picked out but I know which one Izarra will choose!"
"I have the something old and borrowed," answered Bessie.
I was completely bewildered. I thought I would just wear my nice blue formal dress. Emma and Bessie laughed at the suggestion and pulled me into the salon.
"Try this one on Izarra!" Emma seemed to be close to exploding, she was bouncing around so much. She handed me a white dress with a blue pearl belt. I changed into it quickly, then stepped out to show the others. Bessie smiled at me.
"This was my grandmother's," she murmured, opening up the box. "She passed it down to my mother, her son's wife, who passed it down to me. And now, I will let you borrow it for your wedding, and pass it down to you when the time comes." She turned the box around to show me a beautiful crystal necklace.
She placed it around my neck. I turned around and smiled at her.

"Perfect. You look absolutely stunning," she looked close to wiping away tears.  She had changed into an outfit the same color as Agnes and Emma's dresses. They were going to be my "bridesmaids" and she said her outfit was a "mother of the groom" outfit. Emma glanced out the window and noticed the sun had almost set.
"We have to get you home!" she said.
She grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door to the waiting taxi. We sped home and arrived just as the first stars came out. Bessie had called her family friends and Xander's friend Tamara to come over, but I only had eyes for one person. Xander was waiting at the alter for me.

"I guess it's my turn to sneak up on you, huh?"
Xander turned around and stared. "Wow. I didn't think you could look more stunning."
"You don't look half bad yourself. Shall we?"
Xander smiled and pulled a ring from his pocket.
"From the first moment we met, I knew you were someone special. This week has been the best week of my entire life, and I'm excited to see what the future hold for us. You are the woman I want to have a family with, grow old with, and spend the rest of my life loving. I vow to take care of you, in good times and bad, and always love you," he slipped the ring onto my finger, right next to the one he'd given me this morning.
"Today, I take you to be my husband. This will be a day that we will remember for the rest of our lives. I vow to love you and cherish you. To treat you with respect and cherish every moment we spend together. I promise to take care of you in good times, and in bad. To support you, and guide you, and be the best wife that I can. I vow to share life's achievements and success, as well as the disappointments and hardship. I vow all of these things from this day forward," I slipped the ring I was holding on to his finger. He pulled me into his arms, and kissed me for the first time.

That night, there were many other firsts… but I won't bore you with the details…

Sorry for the wait, a couple screenshots decided to run away, so I retook them out of game. Hope you enjoyed! (And please, if you feel there is somewhere I could improve my writing, leave a comment and let me know. It's the only way I can improve :) )
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »
Man, do I love this story! All of the characters are so well defined and interesting. Very unique choices for your dynasty helpers. I would've never thought about using the Clavells. Any chance that we'll be seeing more of Connor anytime soon? He's one of my favourite Sunset Valley townies, and I'm happy you're using him, too.  :D

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »
Man, do I love this story! All of the characters are so well defined and interesting. Very unique choices for your dynasty helpers. I would've never thought about using the Clavells. Any chance that we'll be seeing more of Connor anytime soon? He's one of my favourite Sunset Valley townies, and I'm happy you're using him, too.  :D
Connor will be featured in chapters 10 and either 12 or 13 from what I'm seeing on my timeline right now.
The Beautiful Stars

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2013, 12:17:59 AM »
What a great story! I love how you describe your characters.

Connor is a difficult character for a story - so quiet and unassuming. He was the founder of my decadynasty and hardly ever showed up in my pictures after he conceived the first heir. He was quite content hiding in some corner writing novels or reading books.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
Aw, what a sweet courtship.  Can you recolor the birthday cakes??  I had no idea!