Author Topic: Sound disappears  (Read 10304 times)

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
Sound disappears
« on: October 07, 2013, 05:23:13 AM »
I'm a bit new to the forum so I hope I'm posting correctly now...

I'm having some trouble with the sound in my current game. Yesterday I was playing and the sound suddenly disappeared. No sound at all, no voices, no 'click' noises when I try to interact with things, no 'time' noises when I fast forward etc. The only thing I get is the ambient night noises (crickets or something). Every once in a while I get some weird noise which isn't related to what's happening on screen (i.e. the pause noise or maybe fast forward noise).

I checked the sound settings, and everything seems ok. I tried muting and turning the sound back on - no change. I saved only two minutes earlier, so I quit the game and restart it all over. The sound is fine, but exactly at the same time (in the game) the sound disappears! I gave up in the end and tried again today. I've tried this three times now and the same thing happens every time. At exactly 1.30 a.m. the sound just dies. And the strangest thing is that the ambient sound sort of 'lingers' when the game is minimized (which it's set not to do in the options).

I have quite recently changed computers so my game is very newly installed. I'm not using any mods or CC, I'm using Mac and the EPs are Late Night, Ambitions, Pets, University and World Adventures.
Has this happened to anybody else? How do I fix it?

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
Re: Sound disappears
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:31:29 PM »
Is it just in one game file or is it affecting all of your files?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:19:48 AM »
How far forward from 1:30 a.m. have you gone to see if the sound comes back on?  I've had this happen a few times, but it always comes back on eventually.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 07:27:35 AM »
It's just this one game, and I guess I could just play another.. but I really like it and don't really want to quit it just yet. I'm not playing a proper Dynasty or anything, but it still feels like a loss.

I haven't played it further than one day ahead, I guess I could try playing longer. Occasionally (about 4 times in a day) there are bursts of noise, a lot of sounds at once - like various clicking noises and then the Kids music goes on and plays one song until it goes quiet again. It's all very weird.

Offline aisile

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 11:54:40 AM »
I tried starting new games to see if the problem would arise there, too. First one in Twinbrook didn't have any issues at all, but the new Bridgeport one had some weird sound issues and also the game crashed a couple of times while I was in CAS. So I guess the problem is in LN EP, do you think I should re-install just this one EP?

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
I tried starting new games to see if the problem would arise there, too. First one in Twinbrook didn't have any issues at all, but the new Bridgeport one had some weird sound issues and also the game crashed a couple of times while I was in CAS. So I guess the problem is in LN EP, do you think I should re-install just this one EP?

In your game have you tried using resetsim *?  If that doesn't work, you can try evicting your household in edit town, then moving them right back into their house and see if that helps.  I would try that before trying to reinstall LN.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »
My advice is to try a new game in Bridgeport.  If you have again sound problems and crashes, you should try to play on another map, because Brigdeport has a lot of issues .

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Flossy

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »
This may sound daft but it worked for me…
Just press + on your numeric keyboard. Sound comes back