Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2984586 times)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3150 on: August 11, 2011, 09:59:17 AM »
Actually I think an FAQ for all of the longer challenges might be a really good idea. There you can give a long detailed information about the Black Ops and Supermax and such things for easy viewing for those confused.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3151 on: August 11, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
I'm actually debating doing a full makeover of the existing Dynasty rulesets. I'm not sure when I will unveil the new ruleset, but maybe the 1st of the year? They'll totally be the same challenges, it's just that I want to eliminate some restrictions which would make things easier on everyone and reduce the need for clarifications. It's along the lines of the makeover I want to give challenge players for next year's Tournament. I'm not saying that "everything will be okay except cheats" in the modified Dynasties. I'm just hinting at some thinking I've been doing to make things simpler for players.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3152 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
I'm just hinting at some thinking I've been doing to make things simpler for players.

Sounds like a great idea to me!  I can't imagine how daunting it must be for a newbie wanting to start a dynasty to find themselves faced with a thread over 125 pages long.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3153 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »
Sounds like a great idea Metro, as I said earlier, and we totally get your point. I say go for it. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #3154 on: August 11, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »
Our existing dynasties will still count though if you change the rules right?

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3155 on: August 11, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »
Our existing dynasties will still count though if you change the rules right?
^Right?

Online Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3156 on: August 11, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »
And if you change the rules so something is prohibited, if we have already done that, will the Dynasty still be eligible for the HoF?
EDIT:
My dynasty is now slightly bugged.
Portraits painted before I patched up are now fully grey, so I have to rely on memory to figure out which portraits I have.
Portraits painted after I patched up vanish when I put them on a wall, and become unselectable. I nearly lost my Dynasty because of this; Generation 3 so narrowly got another Portrait painted.
How should I proceed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3157 on: August 11, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »
Yeah, don't worry about existing Dynasties not counting, guys. I can't imagine me adding more restrictions. Lol. The whole intent here is to lift some existing ones and trim down the rule set for easier understanding.

I believe Pets comes out in November, so that might be the ideal time to overhaul the Dynasties.

---------

EDIT —

EDIT:
My dynasty is now slightly bugged.
Portraits painted before I patched up are now fully grey, so I have to rely on memory to figure out which portraits I have.
Portraits painted after I patched up vanish when I put them on a wall, and become unselectable. I nearly lost my Dynasty because of this; Generation 3 so narrowly got another Portrait painted.
How should I proceed?

I guess the only thing to do is try and go back to an earlier save that is not bugged.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3158 on: August 11, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
Yeah, don't worry about existing Dynasties not counting, guys. I can't imagine me adding more restrictions. Lol. The whole intent here is to lift some existing ones and trim down the rule set for easier understanding.

I believe Pets comes out in November, so that might be the ideal time to overhaul the Dynasties.
Oh okay. I didn't think you would make ours not count because that just seemed a little cruel and I know you wouldn't want to be cruel.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #3159 on: August 11, 2011, 04:19:50 PM »
That makes sense Metro  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3160 on: August 11, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »
Oh okay. I didn't think you would make ours not count because that just seemed a little cruel and I know you wouldn't want to be cruel.

Haha. As the King said — don't be cruel. ;) Yeah, if some of you want to put your Dynasties on ice for awhile and wait to see how the modifications will affect things it might not be a bad idea. The last thing I want is for players to read the revision and say, "Oh, I wish I could have done my first 4 generations like this. So much easier!" Haha. But, seriously, we're talking three months down the road, so that's a long time to just sit on your hands. But, whenever the new rulesets are published, then they'll become law and no matter where players are in their Dynasties — they'll need to follow the new rules.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3161 on: August 11, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »
Okay metro. I think I'm getting WA very soon (maybe today) so I'll probably be playing around with that for a bit. I was wondering how you were going to change it with pets coming out. I guess we'll have to see how pets works before you change the rules a bit for it.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3162 on: August 11, 2011, 05:51:45 PM »
I'm guessing since you're a legendary member that you're not new to some of the major glitches that come with WA? Initially I had all intentions of completing all the adventures with my 2nd generation (which seemed actually work ok when it first came out), but I haven't even managed to do more than 1 day in China now without it becoming buggy. My dynasty are staying right away from it.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3163 on: August 11, 2011, 05:54:10 PM »
I'm guessing since you're a legendary member that you're not new to some of the major glitches that come with WA? Initially I had all intentions of completing all the adventures with my 2nd generation (which seemed actually work ok when it first came out), but I haven't even managed to do more than 1 day in China now without it becoming buggy. My dynasty are staying right away from it.

That's a great stance to have, Chuckles. All those lags in foreign locations are a fun killer.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #3164 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »
Yeah. I know about it. It's not so much for the dynasty. I might just send spouses there because then if i lose them who cares.

anything