Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3012594 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3435 on: September 04, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
I'm on either 4, 5 or 6. I lost count somewhere, Lol.  :D

As for my problems, I'm very hopeful now! I wiped all memories and now they live on an empty lot, everything important is in the Inventory until I start the rebuild, I tried controlling them for a few minutes after I'd done it and they were much quicker at responding!  :)

Chuckles, I play in SV so most of the Car Spaces are on the Rabbit Hole Lots mainly. I did have about 7 Stereos on in the House alone so that might be one of the additions to the lag. Memories didn't seem to affect the Size much however I had well over 350 amongst them and probably nearer 500 Memories.

Original File - 211mb
No Memories - 208mb
No Memories or House - 142mb

When I was going through the sheer amount of the House that was purely decorative, I really have to start thinking practical over showcase.  ;)

Now to rebuild... for the Third Time in this game, Lol.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3436 on: September 04, 2011, 08:29:05 PM »
Awesome! So glad to hear that you got it working. Amazing to see how much memory the house was taking up though!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3437 on: September 04, 2011, 08:53:34 PM »
I've decided to try a legit, hall-of-fame eligible dynasty in Hidden Springs, now that I've gone mod-free.

I saw that we're allowed to put in any EA-created lots, so is that a yes for the Generations playground now?  Last time I asked (before the rule revision) that was a no, so I wanted to be sure.  What about the two free clubs that came with Late Night as pre-order bonus content? There is one dive bar and one dance club. They count as EA-built lots, since EA made them, right?

Also, if we buy and upgrade the "hangout" properties in Hidden Springs like the dance club, are we allowed to convert them to a dance club when they are the dynasty family's property?  Or do they have to stay permanently zoned as a hangout?

Thanks!

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #3438 on: September 04, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »
I've decided to try a legit, hall-of-fame eligible dynasty in Hidden Springs, now that I've gone mod-free.

I saw that we're allowed to put in any EA-created lots, so is that a yes for the Generations playground now?  Last time I asked (before the rule revision) that was a no, so I wanted to be sure.  What about the two free bonus clubs that came with the Late Night as pre-order content? There is one dive bar and one dance club. They count as EA-built lots, right?

Also, if we buy and upgrade the "hangout" properties in Hidden Springs like the dance club, are we allowed to convert them to a dance club when they are the dynasty family's property?  Or do they have to stay permanently zoned as a hangout?

Thanks!
I'm sure the Generations park is now available, and as long as you don't have to go to Edit Town I don't see why you wouldn't be able to change how something is zoned.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3439 on: September 04, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
I saw that we're allowed to put in any EA-created lots, so is that a yes for the Generations playground now?  Last time I asked (before the rule revision) that was a no, so I wanted to be sure.  What about the two free clubs that came with Late Night as pre-order bonus content? There is one dive bar and one dance club. They count as EA-built lots, since EA made them, right?

I would say that the Generations playground is ok, but the extra clubs from Late Night are not.  When placing a club, you need to use only the clubs that are actually in Bridgeport.  Otherwise, it unbalances the playing field.

Also, if we buy and upgrade the "hangout" properties in Hidden Springs like the dance club, are we allowed to convert them to a dance club when they are the dynasty family's property?  Or do they have to stay permanently zoned as a hangout?

Thanks!

The only way I know of to convert a property to a different zone is to use Edit Town, so it's not allowed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3440 on: September 04, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
Okay. Thanks!

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3441 on: September 05, 2011, 01:53:36 AM »
I would say that the Generations playground is ok, but the extra clubs from Late Night are not.  When placing a club, you need to use only the clubs that are actually in Bridgeport.  Otherwise, it unbalances the playing field.
I can't see why that would not be allowed. The rules state
Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.

It doesn't say if they were exclusives that they are not allowed. It says EA-created.

What am I missing here?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3442 on: September 05, 2011, 02:06:18 AM »
Anyone can place EA-created buildings and lots, but only EA-created buildings and lots are allowed.

It doesn't say if they were exclusives that they are not allowed. It says EA-created.

What am I missing here?

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought Metro ruled that lots from the bin cannot be used, even though they are created by EA.  The reason for allowing the buildings that are found in Bridgeport is that all towns need to be as equal as possible.  It's not fair for Bridgeport to have clubs and Sunset Valley not.  So, the clubs that are in Bridgeport are allowed to be placed in any other town.  However, the "extras" that are located in the bin don't qualify.  They may have other features that the ones in Bridgeport don't have and we want to keep it as simple as possible.  When we say that only EA lots can be placed, that doesn't necessarily mean that all EA lots may be used.

If I'm mistaken, Metro will clarify.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3443 on: September 05, 2011, 10:08:04 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, I thought Metro ruled that lots from the bin cannot be used, even though they are created by EA.  The reason for allowing the buildings that are found in Bridgeport is that all towns need to be as equal as possible.  It's not fair for Bridgeport to have clubs and Sunset Valley not.  So, the clubs that are in Bridgeport are allowed to be placed in any other town.  However, the "extras" that are located in the bin don't qualify.  They may have other features that the ones in Bridgeport don't have and we want to keep it as simple as possible.  When we say that only EA lots can be placed, that doesn't necessarily mean that all EA lots may be used.

If I'm mistaken, Metro will clarify.
I thought that was the case as well, but I couldn't find it. I thought since the rules stated EA content that we could use things like The extra content from Late Night and the Olympus Gym. I just didn't see how it would hurt anyone since nothing increases the life cycle.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3444 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »

What am I missing here?

It was mentioned three pages before this about putting down lots and the whole reason the rule was rewritten to say EA-created lots was to clear up any concerns about this.  If EA made the lot then it's OK to put it down as long as it's a community building - the generations park, the town stuff bistro/diner/laundromat/library/park , the late night bars.   It's all been cleared by Metro in the last month with a blanket rule in the official rules.  The extra clubs don't really offer an advantage to a player anymore than a person who has late night has an advantage over someone who doesn't.

At least that's how I've come to interpret what Metro was trying to do with the rewrite.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3445 on: September 05, 2011, 11:18:17 AM »
That's also how I interpreted it - and I'm probably screwed if that's wrong; long, long ago I put a park from the bin into Riverview to make my eighth property, because I didn't want to place the LN bars, and it was the first one I bought.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3446 on: September 05, 2011, 01:17:53 PM »
It was mentioned three pages before this about putting down lots and the whole reason the rule was rewritten to say EA-created lots was to clear up any concerns about this.  If EA made the lot then it's OK to put it down as long as it's a community building - the generations park, the town stuff bistro/diner/laundromat/library/park , the late night bars.   It's all been cleared by Metro in the last month with a blanket rule in the official rules.  The extra clubs don't really offer an advantage to a player anymore than a person who has late night has an advantage over someone who doesn't.

At least that's how I've come to interpret what Metro was trying to do with the rewrite.

That's exactly correct. The extra bars can be placed — no problem at all. They're created by EA and the blanket rule fits that situation.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3447 on: September 05, 2011, 01:20:54 PM »
That exactly correct. The extra bars can be placed — no problem at all. They're created by EA and the blanket rule fits that situation.

Hooray! This is great news. Thanks!

Sportsfan

« Reply #3448 on: September 05, 2011, 01:24:01 PM »
Just for story purposes, can I put a fog emitter on the lot? But I think I have to have testingcheats on to use it so I'm guessing not.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3449 on: September 05, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »
Just for story purposes, can I put a fog emitter on the lot? But I think I have to have testingcheats on to use it so I'm guessing not.

You guessed right. It's buydebug only and I would then need to make one more exception to the cheats rule.