Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000664 times)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3480 on: September 13, 2011, 03:02:05 AM »
Thank you guys for the input. The reason behind those questions, and the one about doing this in Barnacle Bay, is because I want a specific theme to it, although Riverview may work just as well.  :D
I've been doing mine in Barnacle Bay - no problems. I don't miss the special seeds much - you can get them from the mausoleum or from kids on school trips to the mausoleum. Life fruit is plentiful, and the one death flower can make many if you have a green thumb in the family.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3481 on: September 13, 2011, 04:14:44 AM »
The answer so far has been yes. Running, painting, etc - so long as your sim is the target of the photo. It just can't be something like a landmark - so, for example, the camera can't say 'A Pyramid'. Unless Metro has any objections?

You are correct.  Landmarks and buildings cannot be the subject of the photo.  For example, you have a picture of the Great Pyramid with your Sim standing in front of it, and the pictures registers as "A Pyramid" it cannot be used.

@jeanamarie:

You might want to read the rules again on page one.  Questions like how many generations and the genders of the Immortals are all specifically covered in the rules.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3482 on: September 13, 2011, 06:16:31 AM »
@Pam: I did get a chance to read them carefully. I just wanted to make sure a male founder was okay.  :)

I've been doing mine in Barnacle Bay - no problems. I don't miss the special seeds much - you can get them from the mausoleum or from kids on school trips to the mausoleum. Life fruit is plentiful, and the one death flower can make many if you have a green thumb in the family.

What about the deathfish? Was it easy to find? I know the deathfish is required in the recipe of Ambrosia.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3483 on: September 13, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »
What about the deathfish? Was it easy to find? I know the deathfish is required in the recipe of Ambrosia.

There's a topic about Deathfish in Barnacle Bay.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3484 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36:51 PM »
Am I allowed to change my founder's name at City Hall? She married Christopher Steel and, well, she's now a Steel by name.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3485 on: September 22, 2011, 12:21:07 AM »
You mean her last name is steele? I thought if you proposed then they would take your last name.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3486 on: September 22, 2011, 12:55:25 AM »
I moved Chris in, then controlled him and proposed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3487 on: September 22, 2011, 02:15:40 AM »
I moved Chris in, then controlled him and proposed.

And now you want to change their names back to Smith?  Yes, that's fine as long as you do it in regular game play at City Hall.  No Edit Town or cheats.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #3488 on: September 23, 2011, 07:08:25 AM »
Can I ask what the reasoning was for not allowing the young again potions for immortals? I don't really like the old people teetering around the house all the time, and was hoping once the immortal had got the achievements and the first taste of ambrosia, they could use the young again potion. Would also help with the story (Why would someone want to be immortal if they couldn't be young again?) Nevermind, reread it and realised it said "Pre-ambrosia for immortals", so all good. Sorry to bother you all!  ;D Read it again and now I'm confused. Are they allowed or not? and if not, why not?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3489 on: September 23, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »
Can I ask what the reasoning was for not allowing the young again potions for immortals? I don't really like the old people teetering around the house all the time, and was hoping once the immortal had got the achievements and the first taste of ambrosia, they could use the young again potion. Would also help with the story (Why would someone want to be immortal if they couldn't be young again?) Nevermind, reread it and realised it said "Pre-ambrosia for immortals", so all good. Sorry to bother you all!  ;D Read it again and now I'm confused. Are they allowed or not? and if not, why not?

From the rules on page 1:

Generation's potions and rewards that reverse or freeze age are not allowed.

This means the Young Again Lifetime Happiness Reward is not allowed for anyone in the household.  The reason is that the goal of the challenge is to have 8 elderly Immortal Sims living in the household. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Castaras

• Stark Raving Bonkers
  • Townie
  • mew mew
« Reply #3490 on: September 23, 2011, 07:37:33 AM »
From the rules on page 1:

This means the Young Again Lifetime Happiness Reward is not allowed for anyone in the household.  The reason is that the goal of the challenge is to have 8 elderly Immortal Sims living in the household. 

Still don't quite understand why this is the case... the young again potion doesn't add anything worse, and the only limiting factor of old age is the inability to wear as much pretty clothing. Okay then, looks like my legacy I'm working on at the moment won't be a scoring one but one just for me then. Thanks very much for the clarification, how that little section was written was rather confusing.  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3491 on: September 23, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »
Still don't quite understand why this is the case...

Remember that a big part of this challenge is not just eating Ambrosia for the first time. That's certainly the biggest. But, you need to have your elders maintain immortality by regularly consuming Ambrosia. It's not a one shot deal. So drinking a potion that kicks a Sim back to Young Adult just does not work or fit with that concept.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3492 on: September 23, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »
Still don't quite understand why this is the case... the young again potion doesn't add anything worse, and the only limiting factor of old age is the inability to wear as much pretty clothing. Okay then, looks like my legacy I'm working on at the moment won't be a scoring one but one just for me then. Thanks very much for the clarification, how that little section was written was rather confusing.  :)

And see...  having them all be Elders is apparently a challenge for you.  It's another component of the challenge that makes it difficult.  You have to deal with a house full of Elders, and if you can do that successfully, you deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #3493 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:42 PM »
As far as cheating goes, are CAS cheats okay? Like can I open the cheat panel to give my Sim one of the unlocked hairstyles from Ambitions?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3494 on: September 24, 2011, 01:21:25 AM »
As far as cheating goes, are CAS cheats okay? Like can I open the cheat panel to give my Sim one of the unlocked hairstyles from Ambitions?

I addressed your question in the other Dynasty thread, too.  If a hairstyle is unlocked, you don't need cheats to use it.  If you mean something else, I don't know exactly what you're talking about.

Metro may have to rule on this.  It may have already been asked, but I don't know.  The rules say no cheats, so to me, that means no cheats.  Granted, it's just for appearance, but it also reaches a point where we just cannot keep adding exceptions to the rules.  Let's see what Metro says.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog