Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3000723 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3360 on: August 23, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »
Yeah, I'm starting to think so. After spending a couple of days rebuilding bars (and having a lot of fun though) I'm thinking that I'll just upgrade one of my properties to be like a bar. It has been remarkably satisfying making the late night bars fit into lots in sunset valley (lots and lots of screenies and object cloning!) yet you get to a point where it's not as important anymore I guess.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3361 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:17 AM »
I thought about starting a new topic for this but changed my mind... ok, so my first painter (Agnes) painted great looking pictures, but now that she's dead and Aphrodite does all the painting, the pictures look all messed up... It doesn't affect the picture quality or anything, I just really don't like it... any suggestions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #3362 on: August 23, 2011, 09:20:17 AM »
I thought about starting a new topic for this but changed my mind... ok, so my first painter (Agnes) painted great looking pictures, but now that she's dead and Aphrodite does all the painting, the pictures look all messed up... It doesn't affect the picture quality or anything, I just really don't like it... any suggestions?

Someone might have to correct me on this, but Agnes isn't Artistic, which means the paintings are clear. If the sim has the Artistic trait, the painting is significantly "Cloudier"

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3363 on: August 23, 2011, 09:33:29 AM »
Someone might have to correct me on this, but Agnes isn't Artistic, which means the paintings are clear. If the sim has the Artistic trait, the painting is significantly "Cloudier"

Jessie is correct. Traits your Sims has affect the way a painting is painted. See how they do exactly here.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #3364 on: August 23, 2011, 09:35:52 AM »
I've seen two styles of portrait - one "clear" and one that's kind of like pointilism (i.e. the portrait is kind of blotchy). I'm not sure if the artist's traits really come into it; I've had multiple painters, with and without the artistic trait, produce both types. Usually it's obvious which kind I'm getting pretty quickly, and if I'm getting the "pointilism" one I'll usually scrap it and have the person pose again; sometimes it took three or four tries to get a clear one.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3365 on: August 23, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
Traits play a role in how a Sims Paintings turn out. Artistic Sims tend to paint blurry type paintings but they don't all the time, it just causes them to paint like that more often. I do that for Portraits as well, within the first stroke you can tell what it's going to be like.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3366 on: August 23, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
Yup, she's artistic... well I guess it's not so bad, I just hate that Agnes painted Apollo as a toddler, so he looks clear, but Apollo as a child is cloudy...

Another question - does becoming a partner also count as buying a building or just the buildings that are painted in blue, not red (Gym, Library, Museum...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3367 on: August 23, 2011, 09:46:15 AM »
I was never concerned about how my paintings looked just how much they were worth.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3368 on: August 23, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »
Another question - does becoming a partner also count as buying a building or just the buildings that are painted in blue, not red (Gym, Library, Museum...)

I think you should become a partner of a building like the grocery store ('red' ones) and then buy out property. I know that doing this with the grocery store will cost you 27K.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3369 on: August 23, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »

A Partner only partly owns the Venue. If you click on say the Bistro it says 'Become a Partner' for a large but small fee, then after that to fufill the Dynasty Req you have to click on the Bistro again to 'Buy out other partners' and be in complete control of the building. You can skip the Partnerships by using the Real Estate Menu however.

A Building is a Rabbit Hole and a Venue is a Lot with a Building you can go inside, so the Gym, Library and Museum are not 'Buildings' in this sense.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #3370 on: August 23, 2011, 01:15:24 PM »
A Partner only partly owns the Venue. If you click on say the Bistro it says 'Become a Partner' for a large but small fee, then after that to fufill the Dynasty Req you have to click on the Bistro again to 'Buy out other partners' and be in complete control of the building. You can skip the Partnerships by using the Real Estate Menu however.

A Building is a Rabbit Hole and a Venue is a Lot with a Building you can go inside, so the Gym, Library and Museum are not 'Buildings' in this sense.

Not to be to technical, but I believe the rules state ...use a computer to purchase... that would indicate to me that you have to have the full amount, and not be partners at all. That's just how I read it.

Sportsfan

« Reply #3371 on: August 23, 2011, 01:18:40 PM »
not to be to technical, but i believe the rules state ...use a computer to purchase... that would indicate to me that you have to have the full amount, and not be partners at all. that's just how i read it.
It doesn't say that anymore. You can go there to purchase it.
And you have to own the building. Not just be a partner.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #3372 on: August 23, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
Personally, if you're going to do it, I say do it right and get on the wall with the rest of us.  ;D
I know this wasn't too me, but Pam I would love to get into HoF. But, as long as my sims are happy and healthy, it's fine because they certainly wouldn't be getting in HoF dead and they would be if needs weren't static.  ;D I can't handle more than 1 sim without it and certainly wouldn't have any sims alive if I tried it in my Dynasty lol.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3373 on: August 23, 2011, 01:59:58 PM »
not to be to technical, but i believe the rules state ...use a computer to purchase... that would indicate to me that you have to have the full amount, and not be partners at all. that's just how i read it.

I do it that way because I am too lazy to do the long method but the method I put earlier is allowed:

Quote from:  Dynasty Rules
Fulfilling your building purchase requirement via Map mode and sending your Sim directly to the lot instead of using a computer is another option.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #3374 on: August 23, 2011, 02:10:05 PM »
I think I found a mistake in the new rules

Additional Restrictions and Info
Traveling is banned until the 2nd generation becomes Young Adult. Due to some really major traveling bugs it is highly recommended you do not travel with any unmarried Sims. And don’t forget to save before leaving for a vacation.
The following 3 items are banned across the board for non-immortals and only post-Ambrosia for immortals:
1. Getting a tattoo.
2. Getting a makeover. However, the Stylist career is not offlimits, so you're free to give makeovers to other non household Sims. Just be honest and avoid giving makeovers to any Sim where their longer life from the makeover would be a benefit to your Dynasty.
3. Eating life fruit or drinking a mixology drink made with life fruit.

I could have it wrong, but it makes much more sense...