Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 893178 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2010, 09:21:59 PM »
@Kiwala:

Thanks for the clarification about the tombstone. 

I won't use the exact location for future weddings (I've already deleted all the decorations), but hopefully they will be just as nice.  The wedding dress will definitely be used again.  Nectarine will probably have twins because I bought her the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Reward.  I'm trying to manage those carefully to make sure I have enough unique rewards for the entire Dynasty and I figured early would be the best time to use that one, while there's plenty of room in the house for extras. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2010, 09:30:21 PM »
Ah, I found some of the info from the post I spoke of regarding tombstones at Aarin's Spectacles, a Sims 3 blog (I won't link it, as I'm not sure if it's allowed...plus there are plenty of mods/cc etc there), and this is from her FAQ:

"What determines my sim's tombstone size at death?
- Tombstone size is purely dependent on lifetime happiness points. The game counts both spent and unspent points towards your total. You cannot edit the tombstone after your sim has died. They get what they get when they die.

NUMBERS AND TYPES OF TOMBSTONES:
LESS THAN 75,000: small, flat, on the ground
75,000-150,000: small, standing
150,000+: large, standing"

Hope that helps! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2010, 03:40:18 AM »
The whole family is currently in China on a 20 day vacation.  Nectarine has achieved her Lifetime Wish and all the related journal challenges for the Athletic skill.  Kenny will soon have enough Artistic skill to paint Nectarine's Adult and Elder portraits.  Nectarine has a big wish to complete a Martial Arts tournament, so she's busy with that.  She also makes best friends with most of her contenders, so she won't have a problem with the six unique best friends requirement.  Her Charismatic trait and Chrisma skill are priceless for this part.  She won't need the Long Distance Friend reward because she's already got the skill challenge to have 20 friends, so her relationships won't decay.  Besides, the Long Distance Friend reward is one of Carina's unique rewards, so it's off the table anyway. 

Carina has a lovely garden in China and runs around collecting metals and gems.  Christopher paints and fishes almost all the time.  He's on a nighttime schedule right now so he can catch lots of Deathfish.  He's even got some Perfect ones!  Indigo is working on handiness and guitar.  She also likes to fish.  With all of her crazy traits (Insane, Excitable, Snob, Good) she has quite a selection of Friendly interactions.  She's fun to play for that reason alone.  Kenny earned enough happiness points to have a Mid-Life Crisis.  He no longer hates art and is not flirty.  He's family oriented and a car enthusiast instead.  His truck is named Pinky.  Yes, it's an actual pink truck.  That's his favorite color. 

Both Nectarine and Kenny have a wish for their first child.  They'll get on that as soon as they return home.  It will probably be twins because of Nectarine's Fertility Treatment reward.  It's a good one to be unique while there's still room in the house.  Besides, y'all know how I love the nooboos!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2010, 06:22:14 AM »
I've got a couple of screenshots to share.

Here is Elderly Christopher catching his Deathfish:

Here's Nectarine totally whomping Wei Pei:

Look at Nectarine's face.  I don't think I'd want to go up against her like that.

This is Nectarine's new husband, Kenny after a makeover on his hair and facial hair.  Doesn't he look a little like Justin Timberlake?

I am so ready to get back home and back to the normal routine.  Nectarine needs to wrap up her Martial Arts tournament pretty quick now.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2010, 11:43:45 AM »
Pam how did you manage a 20 day vacation?  I haven't done the vacations much, just run to France to learn the nectar skill and grab a scooter, etc.  I thought you had to do all those challenges do lengthen the vacation times?  Not so??

Your dynasty is coming along really nicely! 

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2010, 12:07:19 PM »
Pam how did you manage a 20 day vacation?  I haven't done the vacations much, just run to France to learn the nectar skill and grab a scooter, etc.  I thought you had to do all those challenges do lengthen the vacation times?  Not so??

Pam probably just gave every family member the Prepared Traveler reward. Then again, the Dreamweavers have a vacation home in China which means someone has a high VISA level = more days too.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »
I bought her the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Reward.  I'm trying to manage those carefully to make sure I have enough unique rewards for the entire Dynasty and I figured early would be the best time to use that one, while there's plenty of room in the house for extras. 

My plan for using up that LTR is to get it after my sim has had their one child, when they aren't going to be "trying for baby" again.  One nooboo at a time is plenty for me, thank you very much!  (remembers the Baby Boom challenge and shudders)  ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »
Can you get a high Visa level without doing all the cave things, etc.?  Frankly I have no interest in going through electricity and fire traps and all that.  I hate it in fact but my daughter told me I had to if I wanted to buy a vacation home.  I want the vacation home but don't want to do those crazy tombs or whatever.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »
Not all adventures involve tommbs but most do.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
Can you get a high Visa level without doing all the cave things, etc.?  Frankly I have no interest in going through electricity and fire traps and all that.  I hate it in fact but my daughter told me I had to if I wanted to buy a vacation home.  I want the vacation home but don't want to do those crazy tombs or whatever.

It depends on where you are.  France has a lot of adventures that involve fishing, cooking, nectar making and talking to people.  I've gotten visa 3 there without doing tombs. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »
Hey, that is great news Schipperke.  France is where I want to be anyway.  I guess I will try to get a house there then.  The kids just love all those adventures but I sure don't.  I have never liked fried Sims!  LOL 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
Yes, all but Kenny have the Prepared Traveler lifetime reward.  Christopher has level 3 Visa.

It's definitely possible to get to level 3 Visa without doing tombs, especially if you have the Opportunistic reward.  Your Sim will get more toward the Visa points with each adventure he completes.  There are plenty of adventures that involve finding gems, metals, and insects.  Plus some to bring fish, talk to Sims, etc.  Even on the adventures that end up in a tomb, you can do the pieces leading up to it for the Visa points.  Sometimes there are 2 or 3 pieces that involve talking to the locals or something before actually going into the tomb.  Do those and then cancel the one that takes you into the tomb.

@Telsey:  You need to upload your avatar image again.  When Carl moved the server, the images were dropped.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2010, 11:08:46 AM »
Yes, all but Kenny have the Prepared Traveler lifetime reward.  Christopher has level 3 Visa.

It's definitely possible to get to level 3 Visa without doing tombs, especially if you have the Opportunistic reward.  Your Sim will get more toward the Visa points with each adventure he completes.  There are plenty of adventures that involve finding gems, metals, and insects.  Plus some to bring fish, talk to Sims, etc.  Even on the adventures that end up in a tomb, you can do the pieces leading up to it for the Visa points.  Sometimes there are 2 or 3 pieces that involve talking to the locals or something before actually going into the tomb.  Do those and then cancel the one that takes you into the tomb.

@Telsey:  You need to upload your avatar image again.  When Carl moved the server, the images were dropped.

Don't forget that having the Ambitious trait will also get more toward the Visa points.  So Opportunistic reward and the Ambitions trait will get you to level 3 Visa level in no time at all.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2010, 01:43:09 AM »
I'd like to see him reach his LTW so he'll have a larger tombstone, but mostly he's just needed to father the third generation
Thanks to everyone for reading and commenting!  :)

What?? I've noticed the big tombstones, but only in the graveyard which I didn't put there and in buydebug. So does it go by how many skills are maxed, or specifically the only way to get a big one is complete the LTW?

EDIT: I just read the rest, DUH I had a blond moment lol Please forgive me!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2010, 02:41:48 AM »
Nectarine got pregnant immediately after returning from China.  As I mentioned earlier, I gave her the Fertility Treatment as one of her unique Lifetime Rewards.  I realize now that I could have planned it differently so that I don't end up with another set of twins.  Maybe I unconsciously blocked it from my mind because of my nooboo infatuation. ;D  Either way, Nectarine gave birth to twin girls named Periwinkle and Chartreuse (continuing with the color theme).  Periwinkle came first and will be the immortal candidate.  I gave her the Neurotic and Easily Impressed traits.  She will hopefully grow up to be the family sculptor.  Chartreuse will be like her Aunt Indigo and will get whatever random traits come up when I roll for them.  She was born with Excitable and Artistic.

Christopher is 92 days old.  He spent some quality time with Carina and the new granddaughters.  When the time comes, he'll be the first of the family to pass and Carina will miss him dearly.  They've built a wonderful family together.

Still in love:

Playing with Periwinkle:

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything