Author Topic: The Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 893161 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Dreamweaver Dynasty
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »
I've only conceived while traveling a couple of times and never had any trouble.  The pregnancy doesn't start until the mother is back home.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2010, 07:43:22 PM »
I once had a Sim child conceived in a tomb! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2010, 08:29:12 PM »
Christopher made an appearance to do a workout in front of the TV.  He doesn't come out very often lately.

Then, of course, he needed a shower.

And finally a nap on Periwinkle's old bed.

I added a couple of new things to the outdoor features of the Dynasty lot.  First was a new Zen Garden for Nectarine to use for her board breaking.  It's much better than just having her board beaker sitting in the middle of an acre of grass.

Chartreuse had to speak some madness to her father while they were watching Nectarine.

Next was a new pool.

Periwinkle had a wish to visit Al Simhara and I thought it was a good time.  They had done a lot in Shang Simla and it was time for a new destination.  Both she and Oliver bought the Prepared Traveler LTR and set out for a 9 day trip.  The first thing Periwinkle wanted was a snake charmer basket.  I don't always buy this for my Sims because sometimes it's just incredibly annoying when they pull it out all the time to practice, but I figured I might as well let Periwinkle have one.  She doesn't have athletic or martial arts skill, so if she runs into a mummy she might get cursed.  Better to have the basket at hand to get the kiss from the Cobra if it comes to that.

Oliver did a lot of collecting using the Collection Helper.  China has some adventures that require copper and Egypt is the best place to get it, so he stocked up on it.  It also gave him a good opportunity to camp out and roast some food over a fire pit.  Just him and his ducky.

Periwinkle handled all the adventures and reached Visa level 3 on day 6 of their vacation.  She immediately got a wish to purchase a vacation home and I was delighted to comply.  She purchased the large house that's next door to the mansion/palace, priced at a little over $180,000.

I didn't completely redecorate the house, but I made a few changes.  Here's the original main floor.

New stairs and dining table.

New sculpting studio and revamped bathroom.

Periwinkle relaxing and reading in the redecorated master bedroom.

Just before the end of their trip, I decided to reverse my decision about having Periwinkle and Oliver wait to have a child.  I think that strategy will do better later in the Dynasty.  For now, there are 7 Sims living in the Dynasty house, so the next birth is guaranteed to be a singleton.  If I were to have another set of twins at this point, it could cause the end of the Dreamweaver Dynasty because of a lack of empty spots.  So, Periwinkle and Oliver tried for a baby in Egypt and got the chimes first thing.  She started eating watermelon immediately and won't eat anything else until the baby is born.

Periwinkle has also purchased 2 of her unique Lifetime Happiness Rewards at this point:  Food Replicator and Artisan Crafter.  She's well on her way to being qualified for Ambrosia!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »
That's an awesome update Pam! I think that's a funny pic of Periwinkle and snake charming! Christopher's ghost is funny!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2010, 01:00:33 AM »
Wow, nice update. One of my current Legacy sims is- 116 years old. He doesn't even have Athletic or Vegetarian traits either! I need him to die soon, or else he won't get any grankids! :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2010, 02:23:02 AM »
I loved Chartreuse speaking madness!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2010, 04:10:54 PM »
I couldn't help but notice that really cute Butterfly wall fixture next to the bed where Chris is sleeping...  Was that part of a set from the store? Which one?

As an aside - I really wish they'd bring the "Category" folder from the Sims 2 back in the Sims 3 - I have such a hard time keeping track of my sets!  :-[

By the way, I absolutely Love following your story! Your theme is awesome (the colors) - I considered stealing it for my own Dynasty but figured it would be too obvious...  ;)  Your story telling is also very inspirational. Keep up the great work!
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ladylaw1978

« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »
Great update. And yeah, if you want to stay away from twins, the best time to do it is when you have an almost overstuffed house. Good stuff Pam ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2010, 04:31:49 PM »
Awesome as usual, Pam.  I really get involved in your story and watch each screenie closely because your decorating is tops in my book.  (Puts ideas aside for future play)

As for the video, HILARIOUS!  Someone definitely needed a shower though.  Notice the green fugue around her body as she breaks boards. lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
I couldn't help but notice that really cute Butterfly wall fixture next to the bed where Chris is sleeping...  Was that part of a set from the store? Which one?

It's available as a single item at the Sims 3 Store.

Thanks for the comments everyone!  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2010, 10:04:55 PM »
Love the new entry Pam. Can't wait for more. ;-)

And thank you, whoever you are cedricweehun, for gifting me Carina's dress. I adore it! I will add a pic of sim in it as soon as I get one!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2010, 12:53:49 AM »
Nectarine and Kenny are in Champs Les Sims, where I happened to get a video of them dancing to "Burning Love" by Elvis Presley.  True story:  my husband and I walked up the aisle together to this song after being pronounced husband and wife 3 1/2 years ago.  No traditional wedding march for me!

Nectarine and Kenny Dancing

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

ladylaw1978

« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »
That's too funny ;D Awesome!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2010, 06:39:56 AM »
Pam that is so awesome. It's neat that that song carries special meaning for you and your husband.  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »
In preparation of the upcoming arrival of generation 4, Nectarine and Kenny took a trip to Champs Les Sims.  Nectarine used her meditation and zeneport skills to reach the island in the middle of the river so she could harvest the rare grapes and dig up some awesome artifacts.  She's got the Learned Relic Hunter LTR, so she gets some good ones.  She also used a Collection Helper to collect many gems and metals.  I'm still working toward my Most Awesome Collection Ever back in Sunset Valley, so every piece is welcome.  Kenny did the tomb exploring that brought him quicky to level 3 and the purchase of a vacation home, which was one of my primary objectives.  He also purchased three nectar makers and some nectar racks.  They both gathered the other four varieties of special grapes for Carina to grow over the next years while the newest heir grows up.

The new family vacation home is the Crocus House.  Here are some before pictures.

It got quite a bit of an overhaul in the decor department.  I didn't do any construction, just furniture, upgrades, and new colors.  Here is the new kitchen.

A restyled downstairs living room and bathroom.

The beautiful master bedroom.

A coordinated second bedroom and the studio located in the loft at the top of the stairs.

And two matching upstairs bathrooms complete the interior.

I added some windows, recolored the shutters and fence, and gave it a nice new door to complete the exterior freshening.

Nectarine and Kenny painted these pictures side by side.  How courteous of Kenny to pose for us.

Back at the Dreamweaver Estate, Periwinkle announced her pregancy to Oliver and he is thrilled.

She dutifully ate watermelon every waking moment so she would have a daughter.

Chartreuse took a shine to Sedrick Hinson and quite inappropriately tried to kiss him.  He didn't care for it much at all.

After more conversation, she tried again with success!  At least she doesn't have to wait until she's practically at death's door before she has her first romantic interest and first kiss.

I'm a firm believer that if there is a most unfortunate time for a pregnant Sim to go into labor, that is exactly when it will happen.  Kenny planned a party and family outing on Saturday morning up at Pinocle Point (the one with the high rise pool).  Just as everyone was at the street and getting into the car to leave...  you guessed it.  Periwinkle went into labor.

After that it was pure, hair-pulling chaos.  They were screaming and jumping around and wouldn't obey my commands for anything.  Kenny's party was going to start without him and I couldn't get any of them to go over to the park.  Finally Oliver took Periwinkle to the hospital (on his own, I must say) and the rest of the family managed to get themselves to the party.  It took awhile at the hospital, but finally Banana Dreamweaver was born!  She is friendly and a heavy sleeper. 

Oliver is such a proud daddy.  He feeds and tends to baby Banana whenever he can.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything