Author Topic: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty ("Complete")  (Read 336647 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 32, 3/21)
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2014, 01:08:06 AM »
Love that picture of Annette from one of your other attempts! hehehehe  Oh Julian.  You are just awesome!  Loved the debate between Pansy and Hannah.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 32, 3/21)
« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2014, 07:50:59 PM »

Aw, Franco's shocked expression in the last screenshot is so cute! I hope love and romance fair better for him this time around. I feel bad for Pansy though. I doubt most anyone could manage a successful relationship when your lover's ex is living in the house, especially when they've still got chemistry and everything. Franco might not have been cheating on her, but the vibes between he and Hannah are pretty hard to ignore.  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 33, 3/23)
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2014, 02:57:40 PM »
Love that picture of Annette from one of your other attempts! hehehehe  Oh Julian.  You are just awesome!  Loved the debate between Pansy and Hannah.

She was always quite an interesting sim! Julian was indeed awesome when he got out of his shell, though he usually had no reason to.

Aw, Franco's shocked expression in the last screenshot is so cute! I hope love and romance fair better for him this time around. I feel bad for Pansy though. I doubt most anyone could manage a successful relationship when your lover's ex is living in the house, especially when they've still got chemistry and everything. Franco might not have been cheating on her, but the vibes between he and Hannah are pretty hard to ignore.  :(

It was quite a romantic situation. I always felt bad for Pansy! I was kind of hoping to give her some closure, but all she got was a casual boyfriend and a very neglectful watcher.

Chapter 33: Future Starts Slow

That night started at the gym. Hannah’s legs ached for squats, and Franco’s saved their pain for after a run.

Unusually, he got a quick start, already going at 5 or 6 miles and hour before Hannah was done stretching. He ignored how the treadmill’s belt burned and chaffed the bottom of his bare feet when he ran, while Hannah’s were planted on the smooth floor and not irritated no matter how much she bent her knees down and lifted up her body weight.

“You know, I think the barefoot thing was meant for people doing squats,” said Franco, “Or lifting weights, I guess.”

“So you think Twinbrook is just a musclebound town? I don’t think so. All my sibs are weaklings, me included.” She might have had a point. Hannah started to tremble after her twentieth squat. Lean as those legs were, little of them were fat and little were muscle. “I can use the treadmill for hours over in Twinbrook, though. They keep some nice belts on those things.”

They kept with the small-talk for the duration of the workout, during one-minute breaks and cool-down afterwards. When Franco took a cold shower just to cool off his feet, the soles all sore from barefoot running, Hannah still spoke loudly through the door. The conversation naturally progressed to family at that point. Half-sibling dynamics, because they both had at least one. Cousins, something Franco had that Hannah didn’t, or at least didn’t know about. Mysteries, such as whatever Annette could be hiding on her side of the family, or where Sofia’s parents went. Franco guessed that his mum was really just a boring middle-class girl who happened to have steely skin and teeth able to penetrate hard leather. Hannah recalled the long-standing rumor that her grandma Pixie died at the hands of the Rackets, but Franco didn’t believe it. He respected his dad too much.

When Franco stepped out of the men’s room, in his athletic clothes again but with cool, damp hair, he and Hannah still talked about family, about raising a child in a divided household. They kept on the subject as they walked out of the gym into the dark, overcast night, to the soundtrack of a screaming fisher cat and the last of the summer cicadas. Just like home. Hannah wondered if Franco was prepared for the task.

“I think I’m capable of it,” said Franco, “Lily is a wonderful little nugget and a happy little tot. And it’s not like Pansy isn’t around. She’s an excellent mother.”

“That she is. I keep hoping for some nieces or nephews. I really want to be someone’s auntie Hannah, but it’s like they all hate kids. Ignacio does, not that I actually want him to reproduce. So does Ben, and Norm and Marcie are apparently sterile. Hmm, Parker likes no one, Randall is a bit of a loser, Ricky is rumored to spend a lot of time with your half-brother, and Carmen, well, I actually think that Carmen wants a whole mess of kids, but I don’t think Twinbrook wants a bunch of ‘boos with those cheekbones!”

“You’re forgetting someone,” said Franco, “There’s plenty of time for you, and we still have just enough room for a little Hannahboo.”

“Whoever I have my eyes on isn’t really in the market for a little tyke, I’m afraid.” She took a seat on the asphalt of the parking lot, Franco soon joining her. Hannah slowly crept her hand closer to Franco’s, lacing her willowy, delicate, shaky fingers with his thick, steady ones. He gave her a shocked look.

“I don’t know,” he muttered.

“It’s consolation. The man-quest isn’t really going well,” she said, “I feel like I’m robbing the cradle if I even shake hands with these young college kids.” Franco couldn’t even say a word. He just appreciated her warm hands for that night and looked up at the overcast sky.

“We could go to the beach,” he said, as soon as the first rays of light appeared over the horizon, “Just to hang out before midterms.” How stupid for them to stay up the night before midterms. But they could relax at the beach and pretend that they got legitimate sleep.

So they did, while the crescent moon still held its place in the sky. They soothed their post-exercise muscles by lounging around in the rough wooden beach chairs, only occasionally picking out splinters and brushing bone-white paint chips from their clothes. They still talked, if languidly, just recounting what they absorbed from their classes.

“I don’t think you want to hear a thing about the arts,” said Franco, “I’m going to fail the Intro to Culinary exam, though.”

“Isn’t your mum basically the teacher?” asked Hannah.

“We’re competitive. If I actually pass, then I’m far ahead of her academically, and we can’t have that. She’s getting by in Figure Drawing and Ceramics II only through bribes, and the professors are getting tired of her crap until she jacks up prices.”

“How bad could she be? It’s not like she hates art.”

“She draws stick figures whenever they’re doing model-drawing. She has no idea of proportions, or shading, or anatomy. She’s a lost cause and I hope she stays that way.”

“I would think that you want common ground with her,” said Hannah, “You two are the ones living forever, after all.”

“It’s my territory,” he said, with a smirk, “I think it’s the reason why I’m glad you hate art. I don’t need a peer in the field, and Julian for sure isn’t a peer! Not that kid.”

“There are plenty of things I could use a peer for,” said Hannah, “And I kind of wish you’d get over the divorce and just smooch me.”

“What? Not yet.”

“No, now!” she exclaimed, pulling all 250 or so pounds of Franco out of his beach chair with her noodly little arms, and into them for a forceful kiss.

“Do you just not listen?” he asked, his voice reduced to a hoarse whisper by the shock of it all.

“Do you just not listen?” she said, in a mocking, sing-song voice, “Dangit, Franco! Stop being a mopey new single.”

She also slapped him to finish it off.

“I hope you fail Advanced Portraiture,” she muttered, fuming, stomping back to the Motive Mobile and driving to class alone, leaving Franco to carpool in a normal lemon.

Remorseless she wasn’t, though. Hannah did fine on her midterms, acceptably so, and even if she failed her phlebotomy certification and mixed up depression and schizophrenia in her Psychology exam, her voicebox would stay intact. If she kept yelling at Franco, maybe she would have to prematurely retire from singing and live the rest of her days in diminishing royalty checks from dwindling album sales, and having to mooch off Annette to fund rehab for her larynx. Confused or just feigning confusion, she pouted while fishing for a dissection sample.

And crying it all out.

The weekend following midterms granted slightly warmer weather, around 20 degrees. Hannah could bring her tank dress out of retirement again and let her legs bask in the very last summer sun.

Which she enjoyed with a Saturday of fishing. As she always asserted, for her degree.

It didn’t sound any more outlandish than graffiti being a fine art too, after all.

Or than “well, who knows what electricals I have to crack as an officer? Better learn now.”

Oddly enough, Saturday was lazy. Sunday begged for a bonfire party.

It brought Pansy out from her enclosed world of electrical tinkering and online chess matches. She liked the orange glow of the fire and the smell of burning wood, at least as much as her college friends did. No longer a legal Waverly, Pansy had no reason to always dog them around. Why even have the mostly non-conflicting Annette and Julian when you can have Miles and Manisha and Justin?

And she diverted all of her attention to that circle, cheering with Miles while Manisha got sick off a breathful of the wrong herbs burning.

Meanwhile, Hannah boasted. She still wanted to believe in her awesomeness.

“I’m so great. I have an awesome idea to get Franco back,” she said.

“Geez, girl, just give him some space. I think, hell, I know he needs that.”

“You’re acting like you have any idea what I’m on to,” Hannah snarled.

“Okay? How about we enjoy the party.” Pansy then threw another bundle of logs into the fire, making it jump far. So far, that a spark or several ignited Annette’s shorts.

“Enjoy?” asked Hannah, “You don’t even feel those second-degree burns?”

“They’re flesh wounds,” said Annette.

“Third-degree now,” Hannah said, before walking away to grab the last of the steaks that Annette grilled for the party. Thankfully, she also heard the spray of a shower in a can as she stabbed the biggest cut on the plate with a fork. And Annette was definitely alive, loudly asking for help with a keg stand.

The rest of the term suddenly quieted down when Annette gathered the family for a serious discussion about her bribe money running out.

“You don’t have to try. You only have to try if you want to pass,” she said, “I’m resorting to threats and blackmail, but just for me.”

It left enough time for Annette to go bowling with her gal-pals, but the rest of the Waverlys were stuck with their noses in the books.

And hands on the mic, in one case.

By the time finals arrived, Julian staged his last protest on the quad, While it was nicely attended, Franco and Pansy were entirely absent.

With a young kid at home, Franco did need to improve his storytelling skills, in the event that Lily ever needed a story to fall asleep to. He constructed something about people he watched die. Penny’s deadly makeover made for a great ghost story when he added some gruesome exaggerations.

Somehow, it even impressed the unimpressible.

After he was done, Franco was alone in Pansy for the first time in a while. Scared or maybe just confused.

“I was in the area,” Pansy said, “And I thought about something.”

“How much you hate me?”

“Only briefly. But I don’t want to go back to Twinbrook thinking that. I have something nice to come home to anyways. A beautiful daughter, and, well, I guess I’m in love again too.”

She then told the story of her chance questioning session with Notzo Curious. He worked in business and was mildly suspected of foul activity. But his alibi was more than solid, and Pansy couldn’t bear to arrest someone in that good of shape.

“Yes, Notzo and I are a thing now,” she said, “I had dinner with his family before we left. His nieces and nephew love me and Bunny is just as good as I remembered. Fangs and all.” They both chuckled.

“Just keep your neck guarded,” said Franco, “I want you to be happy, not a member of the living dead.”

And with that, everyone was able to graduate and pack up for Twinbrook without conflict. Mostly. Franco and Hannah rarely spoke after the morning at the beach, but their plane tickets assigned them seats right next to each other. She pretended to sleep. He watched lights dotting the ground as they flew past cities at midnight.

“I know you’re not sleeping, and I forgive you,” he said, “I want to be your friend.”

“I’ll accept friendship,” she said, “And there has to be a best person for all of us.”

“Best, second-best, whatever. I have someone in mind.”

“Really? Because I do too.”

“Going to leap in his arms once we get back to the swamps?” he asked.

“You better believe it. Gonna give Lily a little sibling with your lucky lady?”

“I bet she’ll bring the idea up.”

The two of them smiled at each other for the first time in weeks.

“I think we’ll choose well no matter what,” said Franco, “It’s not like Ms. Awesome will go for someone ugly.”

“Nor would Mr. Picky,” said Hannah, “Were you doing all that graffiti for her?”

“Maybe she’s been arrested for it a few times,” Franco said shyly, “Does your man love to fish?”

“Oh, perhaps.”

They awkwardly chuckled.

“I mean, it’s not like you’re actually falling for-” they said in unison.

“Oh god, you can’t be-” They both dug around for the motion sickness bags hidden in the pockets of the seats in front of them, dry-heaving in unison.

Word Count for this chapter: 2,093
Word Count so far: 43,546
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »
Oh wow, that was quite the update XD I loved the conversation on the plane.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »

Hum! Curiouser and curioser! I can think of a few diva females, but a male who loves to fish? Now that I can't recall.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
I have a sneaking suspicion we may have seen Hannah's gentleman before...though I may be guessing wrong. Of course, if I am right, I can almost understand why Franco gagged. :P

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 34, 3/24)
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2014, 12:33:55 AM »
Oh wow, that was quite the update XD I loved the conversation on the plane.

Ever since the two of them found different romantic partners, I knew that I had to write them overreacting to the news!

Hum! Curiouser and curioser! I can think of a few diva females, but a male who loves to fish? Now that I can't recall.

There actually aren't too many anglers in Twinbrook. But I guess you'll see. :)

I have a sneaking suspicion we may have seen Hannah's gentleman before...though I may be guessing wrong. Of course, if I am right, I can almost understand why Franco gagged. :P

Hmm, seems like you're on to something. Onto the reveal, though!

Chapter 34: Just the Ugly

“Maybe I’m wrong,” said Franco, “I just assumed it to be a certain fisherman.”

“And maybe I just assumed it to be a certain street artist with a bunch of misdemeanors.” said Hannah, “Let’s just say names and see what it is.”

“Okay.” They both took a deep breath.

“Carmen.”

“Tay.”

They both looked at each other in shock. “Oh god, I was right,” they said in unison.

“Gross!” squealed Hannah, “She’s your ex! My sister! And she’s too ugly to be awesome.”

“Ugly is relative. She has lovely eyes, kissable lips, a nice hair color-”

“Scary cheekbones. Can you actually get past that?”

“The right haircut works wonders.”

Carmen always pestered the salon for a special makeover request. She pleaded for the chance to have a coveted Waverly makeover, but when Franco received the ticket, he quietly forwarded it to whoever else was on duty and hung out mixing hair dye in the back for a few hours.

One day, just before they left for university, Franco put on his work uniform only to turn around to his boss sternly staring at him.

“Waverly, no one else wants to deal with Sour Cheeks any more. Give her what she wants from you and hopefully we can get to the makeovers that are actually possible.”

“I guess I know the haircut to flatter that face,” said Franco, “If I don’t come back alive, just call my mum. She handles the wills.”

To Franco’s surprise, Carmen greeted him without slapping him across the face. She shook his hand instead, and Franco instantly knew what to do with her. She still wore the same bobbed hairstyle from high school, with a high-neck Victorian dress and golden-beige, sheepskin boots. What did he have to do? Change it all.

Of course, he didn’t say it to Carmen’s face. “I think there are a few things that would launch you to awesome awesomeness,” he said, adopting her lingo, and remembering how her full lips captivated him when they were young. “You in?”

“I think I’m in for something great,” she said, rubbing her hands together, “Make me feel 20 again!”

He attacked her with the shears and a flat iron. Measuring tape for her pant size. Thick-rimmed glasses with the lenses punched out, just to act as a distraction. High heels, low-cut jeans, shirts in violet, and a foxy bikini for his own amusement.

“Holy hell, Carmen,” he said when he was finished, “You’re hot!”

“Oh come on! You think that covering half my face is the ticket to awesomeness?”

“Angled bangs are in, stop fooling yourself. I think you look far more awesome. I have to love a girl in violet.”

“Yeah, but I know you talk a lot of crap about my cheeks,” she said, “I know that your fashion posse calls me Sour Cheeks. I look just like my dad. I get it.”

“What if I said that it made you hot?” asked Franco, “I truly apologize for making any bad remarks. It was just a reaction to the breakup, which I guess was my fault too.”

“I love taking you down a peg, Mr. Snobby-pants,” said Carmen, with a slightly-malicious chuckle, “You’re pretty hot yourself when you’re humble.”

“Truce?” asked Franco.

Carmen gave him a hug for the first time since high school. “Truce.”

“So you can’t say that I don’t have my reasons,” said Franco, after showing Hannah the pictures of Carmen’s makeover on his phone, “And I guess there was always some sort of spark between us. She took me to prom, and I still think it was a magical night.”

“Carmen is a self-centered artist drowning in her own ego. She’s perfect for you,” said Hannah, “I guess there is a rational explanation to a lot of this.”

“Don’t even pretend like you can explain thinking that Tay Bayless is just the best guy in Twinbrook. What could even be your excuse?” asked Franco.

“I feel it with him,” she said, “And how is that not rational? Attraction is kind of that.”

“Because he’s older than Pansy. Your dad might have been an elderly playboy, but he had things like charm and good behavior. Tay is neither.”

“But he’s fun! And his fried catfish is to die for.”

“He laughed at your birthday.”

“So does your mum, and we’re cool together.”

“He gets excited over things,” said Franco.

“Didn’t stop you and Pansy at first, did it?”

Franco sat in the airplane seat, fuming, and out of criticisms suitable for polite conversation.

“Just remind her that he’s ugly!” yelled Annette from across the aisle.

“Shut up, mum,” he yelled back, “Besides, it’s not very proper to comment on others’ looks. I stopped it with Carmen and I’m swearing off it now.”

“You’re becoming one of those types?” asked Hannah, “How lame.”

“Are you trying to become Annette the second, in all of her inappropriate glory?” asked Franco.

“Yeah.”

For the rest of the flight, Franco tried to sleep, but the airplane seats kept him upright and awake, along with putting extra strain on his neck. He tried to sleep with pleasant thoughts, about seeing Lily again and getting back to work, about Carmen waiting back home, and of course, the hope that Hannah was just fishing for something really shocking to say to him and was actually pursuing the handsome Luke Whelohff instead.

Franco came home to his wonderful Lily walking around the entire house. His lessons must have worked. He scooped up his little one, saying “Daddy’s back from uni. Did uncle Shark take good care of you?” He expected no response beyond incomprehensible babbling.”

“Sharky has a friend,” she said, in a chipper toddler voice.

“Did Shark teach you to do that?” he asked her.

After a bit of waiting? “Yes.” Lily giggled.

“Now that you can talk, tell uncle Shark that I’m going to kill him for doing that before I did.”

It was true. Shark decided that having a toddler around got a little stale if they couldn’t form words. He sat down Lily for her first conversations.

As it turned out, she learned extremely quickly, eagerly trying to form words and sentences like those her uncle Shark said.

Taking the talking job away from Franco also wasn’t the only misstep Shark made. He also ended up giving her a lot of candy, considering that Lily finally discovered the joys of sweet things.

His third mistake was finding someone who loved candy as much as Lily did.

Jeffrey Castor wasn’t a friend of Shark’s at first. In high school, Shark gave Jeff a good beating for “Kick a Freshman Day.” After he graduated, the two of them were on neutral terms, though Jeffrey admired Shark’s family and the Racket empire greatly. Between his heartlessness and aptitude for technology, Jeffrey held dreams of working for the Rackets and rising to the top of the criminal world, which were never fulfilled. He instead dabbled in blackhat hacking and got a job at the diner as a cover.

Annette quite liked Jeffrey’s recipes and surprising talent for working the grill, but she never envisioned him as a housemate. As both Shark and Jeff got older, they formed a friendship. As Shark managed to do nasty things to the women of Twinbrook and the men of France, Jeffrey asked him for some coaching to do the same, but just to one person. He had a crush on a younger woman and no one else.

Shark’s advice worked, and Jeffrey soon found himself charming the lovely Gena Jones-Brown in four simple steps.

One, just flirt.

Two, stay the night at her place and give her a reason to let you stay.

Three, pay attention to her when she ended up carrying your spawn.

And four, do your part in taking care of the ensuing adorable little niblets.

Shark’s coaching plan ended up cumulating in giving Jeffrey room and board at the Waverly mansion, a great alternative to living with two brothers he hated and a near-immortal fairy dad he hated more. As well-intentioned as Shark was with the deal, it turned out to shatter some plans.

“Eight,” Annette said, “It’s the magic number and Jeffrey puts us there. No outside wife for you, and no nooboo for Hannah. We’re stuck.”

“You know, whatever,” said Franco, “Hannah said that she’s not really looking for a child, and I’m out of the marriage market for a long time now.”

“Admitting defeat to our little bet?” asked Annette.

“Not yet, but I might not get my prize anyways.” The family planned a party that afternoon, for Pansy’s birthday. Time passed quickly and Franco and Annette soon found themselves in a crowd of party guests, including Tay Bayless.

“Looks like we better watch and learn now,” said Annette, “I know you really hope that she’s bluffing. I hope she is too. No way am I letting those ears live on if I can help it.”

But first, it was Pansy’s special day, after all. Her last birthday, the start to the end of a life she may have regretted living. Still in her comfortable maternity sundress and wedding crown and braid, she leaned over to blow out her last candles.

And in spite of everything, Franco couldn’t bear to not give some nice encouragement to his ex-wife as she entered her twilight years. After all, she was Lily’s mother, and a woman he once loved or possibly loved.

Hannah had different thoughts.

Lily just ended up being cute and oblivious.

In the ultimate act of truce, Franco accompanied Pansy to the dresser for a new wardrobe. He knew what she liked and listened carefully to her requests. A practical haircut, flat shoes, and as always, lots of turquoise or aqua or whatever was close.

The smile on Pansy’s face when she exited the closet as a dignified old woman told Franco that part of his life would be right.

The other? Oh so very wrong.

“She was serious,” whispered Franco. He opened a secret compartment to one of the island counters in the nook, to a store of nectar. Expensive nectar to feel fancy with, cheap nectar when you’re too juiced to care, strong nectar for divorces (his clients were pretty good with sympathy gifts). He slogged through the divorce on lounge drinks alone, but seeing Tay and Hannah making out in the corner like hormonal teenagers deserved the strongest nectar he had.

“I’ll, I’ll totally one-up you,” he said, groggy on the nectar.

The next night was rainy and horrible for stargazing, but Franco decided that watching the clouds with Carmen would be just as good as watching the stars.

“You see that star? I don’t either,” said Carmen, “But whatever is up there is telling me that you should give me as many children as I can still have.”

“You really do want that whole mess of kids, huh?” asked Franco.

“You better believe it.”

“Well, lemme take your hand and get started.” He led her to the bathroom, dragging slender Carmen with all the force of his muscle, fat, and sheerly dominant gait.

“Now we can have a kiss away from your annoying brothers,” said Franco, puckering up while Carmen backed away.

“I didn’t mean like that. I meant impersonally having some fun with me in a dark theatre until our DNA meets and a nooboo happens,” said Carmen.

“That’s just not worth it,” said Franco.

“Stop being a Negative Nancy. It’s still woohoo, after all. Feels good for you, feels good for me, and with none of that romantic garbage.”

Eventually, Carmen won the case.

Word Count for this chapter: 1,936
Word Count so far: 45,482

Hannah and Tay. Not that I don't have a thing for pairing sims with big age gaps together, but the thought of them together still makes me cringe! Hannah, completely out of the blue, got a wish to kiss him one day, and I have a lot of trouble cancelling those wishes. Things just went from there, I guess. There's no accounting for taste.

I never really showed the Jones-Brown/Goode daughter until now, but yeah, that's Gena. She had a decent blend of her parents' genes, and gorgeous dark eyes out of nowhere. Gena was on Franco's potential spouse list, but they never seemed to show interest in each other and I stopped showing interest in Gena until I moved in Jeffrey and had an idea. Their genes meshed fantastically, by the way. All of their kids ranged from gorgeous to indescribably gorgeous.

And as much as I make characters insult Carmen's cheekbones, I don't hate her. Really. The title of the chapter refers to the character's views and not mine. I finally realized that she was uniquely pretty after her makeover. I intensely dislike Harwood's facial structure, but it turned out to be a nice challenge to work with in what would otherwise be an easy makeover. Plus, she got her dad's lovely, coveted mouth, so I was forced to like her in the end. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2014, 01:31:13 AM »
Wow, those are quite the ears... I can't say as I play Twinbrook much... at all in fact.  Think I've had one game that ended early due to some issues with the computer when I first started playing.  As far as Carmen, the cheekbones are a bit much, but the mouth is definitely different lol, but I do like her after the makeover.  Hannah and Franco... their relationship is an odd one, that's for sure XD  Lily is adorable.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2014, 08:08:35 AM »
Oh gracious...I was right! Tay was the first one to pop into my head. I love the line about the catfish. :P

Carmen's cheekbones aren't horrible. No worse really than the likes of Vita Alto.

And Jeffrey takes on the responsibility if helping perpetuate townie genetics. That little nooboo of his is adorable!

Awesome chapter. What a fun way to start the day!

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »

I'm curious to see these gorgeous Gena kids; they certainly look like a good pairing. It's a shame that it's looking like Hannah won't get a shot to have a kid of her own. It's just good genes going to waste, darn it! Although given that she chose Tay as a partner, maybe it's a good thing.  ;) That pairing I certainly didn't expect, but sometimes sims just have a mind of their own about these things. Maybe Franco can help out with a make over.

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #145 on: March 25, 2014, 04:45:12 AM »
I've been reading this since you started writing it, and I have to say, I love your writing style. Lily is a such a cute toddler. It's interesting to see both Hannah and Franco finding new relationships, especially their choices.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Eight Ways to Live Forever: The Waverly Immortal Dynasty (Ch. 35, 3/28)
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »
Wow, those are quite the ears... I can't say as I play Twinbrook much... at all in fact.  Think I've had one game that ended early due to some issues with the computer when I first started playing.  As far as Carmen, the cheekbones are a bit much, but the mouth is definitely different lol, but I do like her after the makeover.  Hannah and Franco... their relationship is an odd one, that's for sure XD  Lily is adorable.

I think I stuck with the relationship just because I wanted to see how Tay's ears would compete with Hannah's tiny ones, if they had a kid. Carmen's makeover was definitely an improvement! Her and her siblings were great makeover fodder.

Oh gracious...I was right! Tay was the first one to pop into my head. I love the line about the catfish. :P

Carmen's cheekbones aren't horrible. No worse really than the likes of Vita Alto.

And Jeffrey takes on the responsibility if helping perpetuate townie genetics. That little nooboo of his is adorable!

Awesome chapter. What a fun way to start the day!

Yeah, the cheekbones aren't as bad as I initially thought.

I know! That toddler grew up to be the absolute prettiest sim ever born in my game.

I'm curious to see these gorgeous Gena kids; they certainly look like a good pairing. It's a shame that it's looking like Hannah won't get a shot to have a kid of her own. It's just good genes going to waste, darn it! Although given that she chose Tay as a partner, maybe it's a good thing.  ;) That pairing I certainly didn't expect, but sometimes sims just have a mind of their own about these things. Maybe Franco can help out with a make over.

Well, I told myself that if Hannah became an elder before she could have a child, I'd just clone her. And at that point, Shark was over 100 and Jeffrey wasn't too far behind. She still has a chance. ;) However, I decided not to makeover Tay. The other problem was if he would live long enough to have a child with Hannah, and making him over would buy him some time and I thought it would be too cheaty.

I've been reading this since you started writing it, and I have to say, I love your writing style. Lily is a such a cute toddler. It's interesting to see both Hannah and Franco finding new relationships, especially their choices.

Thank you! Your dynasty is excellent too. I just need to comment on it. ::)

Chapter 35: With Your Eyes Closed

“People should fall in love with their eyes closed.” Franco kept that quote as the lock screen on his phone. In spite of him usually going for pretty women, the entirety of his infatuation for infatuation came from the rush of dopamine inside him, or the warm embrace of a good hug, and the softness of another’s lips. If his love led him into a dark theatre for vision-free woohoo in the back, all Franco needed was the feeling and the knowledge that he had something resembling love in his life again.

Regardless of that, he retched at the thought of Hannah and Tay getting close with the lights on. Still able to hear them from the first floor before the sun rose, Franco decided to run to the bathroom to dry-heave for added effect.

“Geez, can I just do laundry?” asked Annette, knocking on the door, “And think of it this way. No matter who Lily dates, you’ll approve of them more.”

He opened the door. “All yours,” he grumbled.

“Speaking of bathrooms,” said Annette, “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“Huh?”

“Potty-training. We have five more little larvae to clean up after this. You don’t want this stage to last.”

He looked over at Lily, sitting up in her crib and giggling whenever the floor hygeinator blasted another burst of fresh peppermint scent. Yeah, potty-training that little angel would be just fine.

“Alright darling,” he said to Lily as he put her down on the miniature toilet, “Little girls and big girls sit down.”

After playfully patting her head, Lily settled into the idea of sitting down to pee within an hour.

The rest of the day was devoted to playtime, with Franco finally having a clean, self-sufficient toddler to tickle and laugh with. Lily always held on tightly to him, babbling and picking up on new words at the speed of sound. Every little coo and smile from his little girl lit up Franco’s face.

It was quite simple. He loved being a father.

Related to that, impending nooboos gave Franco an excuse to escape the house’s new soundtrack of Hannah and Tay slaughtering her bedsprings and meet his new babymomma instead. The romp inside the theatre worked, with Franco getting kicked in the head by a fetus instead of awkwardly listening to Carmen’s stomach growl.

“So have you changed your mind on romance?” he asked, “I’m in the market for something serious.”

“That boat sailed when you first broke up with me,” she said, “But I’m always in the market for more little ones.”

As I and the rest of the immortals knew well, every child was just another prize for Franco, something to add to his metaphorical resume of potency. And whether the house was full at eight or relatively empty at five, he could make a dozen nooboos without breaking a rule.

It took him a while to think of Hannah, who was stuck childless unless someone died promptly. She kept insisting that she didn’t want children anyways, though she accepted Carmen’s pregnancy on the basis that it would indeed make her an aunt. It took him a while to think of Hannah, well, until he came home from the lounge that night to a very tired Hannah.

“Tay’s asleep, and yes, he’s staying the night. I know you’re sick over it,” she said in a whisper, “Also, when will that cousin of yours die?”

“Don’t say that about Shark,” he said, “He might be an artist and I know you don’t like that about him, but he’s family to me.”

“He’s standing in between me and a nooboo.”

“I thought you couldn’t care less.”

“Tay absolutely could care less. He couldn’t stop talking about it today and we couldn’t stop trying to make it happen, if you know what I mean. And I don’t have the heart to tell him that it can’t happen.” She sighed. “And now that he mentions it, I kind of think the same way. I see you with Lily all the time, and you know, maybe I want that in life.”

He just put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “I hope you get it. Maybe Jeffrey will die instead.”

Feeling bad for Hannah was even easier when Franco saw his little angel playing and being adorable. He didn’t want to kill Shark for bringing Jeffrey into the house and possibly dashing Hannah and Tay’s dreams; how improper, but Hannah deserved her own little larva to snuggle and adore. Even if they ended up with big ears and beady little eyes like Tay.

Oh well, he’d have the cuter kid.

If not for long. He sent out the invitations to his old school friends, as usual, and pestered Annette to bake a carrot cake with tacky decorations. He didn’t know what Lily liked in a cake, but he liked the color orange and carrots were orange, after all.

Whether she wanted carrot cake or German chocolate, Lily still did her mightiest to blow out the candles with her father.

Once she ran to the dresser, she appalled her parents by requesting for much of her hair to be cut off. As much as they initially refused, an angry Lily finally got her way; short hair in a mohawk, and less offensive shorts and a tank top to wear too.

The next day, Saturday, Lily had no homework or school, and therefore a day full of video games with Pansy. She picked up on the age-inappropriate, plasma-splattered Innovative Second-Person Shooter VI much quicker than her mother did.

Regardless of Pansy’s string of losses, she gave her daughter a hug. Broken families couldn’t get in the way of hugs.

However, Pansy later returned to the reason why she didn’t do much for Lily’s toddler years. In her comfiest pajamas, she spent the afternoon checking up on work and the police scanner. Justice mattered on weekend too, after all.

Bored, Lily checked up on the rest of the house. Grandma? The kitchen’s busiest hours were on the weekends. Hannah?

Romantic sing-a-gram for someone who already knew that she was interested. Shark? Exercising. He loved that. Jeffrey?

Being a very supportive son to Robert Castor. Julian?

Feeling a draft. Franco?

Showing Elizabeth Whelohff the world of fashion, and getting a nice commission for the makeover. Right afterwards, he got a call from Lily.

“I’m bored,” she said, “Can I go to work with you?”

“Sure, hun! I have a client on the other side of town, Wanna bike over there? She has kids.”

For athletic Lily, riding a bike was good, light exercise. As the rain stopped and the sky became merely hazy, Lily pulled up to 4 Poker Flats Drive and Franco consulting old Gena Jones-Brown about new fashion so she could march into elderhood with dignity, and maybe make Jeffrey happy too.

Lily intently watched them go over swatches and try on new dresses. She watched Franco deftly cut Gena’s hair into a cute wavy bob, narrow down the wardrobe selection to lots of pastel pink, and give an eyeliner tutorial.

The sun started to set when his job was complete, and another good one.

“Well, I know what gets you excited,” said Gena, “And your girl didn’t have to watch. The kids are inside.”

Lily decided to see for herself. She heard something about a daughter, who was playing peek-a-boo with her toddler brother at the time. But Jeffrey had three kids. The third, sandwiched in the middle age-wise and, oddly enough for spring, dressed in a clown costume (apparently for a school play), stood in the kitchen. He quietly introduced himself as Loki.

“No, I want your real name,” said Lily.

“Loki! I mean, geez, ask mummy about that. She named me.”

“Whatever,” said Lily. She pulled a sky-blue bottle out of her pocket. “I think we could be great friends, Loki.”

And so they were.

Word Count for this chapter: 1,316
Word Count so far: 46,798

My real reason for moving Jeffrey in was to guarantee a spouse for Lily. Anyone who has been reading my dynasties for a while probably remembers the Ironstars. I'm not linking to them, but you can go Graveyard-spelunking if you're curious. Anyways, my third immortal there, Samhain, was also a Jones-Brown/Goode descendant and everyone unanimously agreed that he was kind of ridiculously hot. Loki was basically a Samhain-clone (can't see it under the clown makeover, but he really was) and it throttled him to the top of the potential spouse list. But who did Lily choose? ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Ah, I had to go back and see once again the glory that was Samhain. My goodness, he was a handsome man! Woo! I'm telling you, being descended from Goodwin Goode basically guarantees good looks.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »
This chapter more or less proved what I suspected all along: Franco really is just a big ol' softy at heart. :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »
LOL!  I didn't know the clown make up could be randomly used XD That's awesome.  Hm... I will have to go Graveyard spelunking to see this Samhain.  *dives in* 

Gotta agree with Raia on the fact that Franco is a big softie!