Author Topic: A Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards  (Read 34906 times)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: A Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2014, 09:06:31 AM »
He said something to me like "this is one time when honesty is NOT the best policy, because with that incorrect answer you've failed the exam," but then he thanked me for being honest. I felt good for having been honest with the result, regardless.

A. That guy was kind of a jerk, that's not the way to thank a teenager (or anyone really) for being honest.
B. Glad you learned the right lesson from it anyway.
- Jessica

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: April 01, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »
Don't feel bad Deklitch I have done that as well. I think it was on the first year of challenges though. Can't remember. But I had my score posted and everything when I realized I accidentally cheated. I told Metro back then he was the only team. LOL So I understand.

I planned on doing this one. I started it and practiced but when I went to play my official run I just couldn't manage it and never finished. I think it was a bit too time consuming for me. Too much pausing and such!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »
I have very little to share as my score wasn't so good, just that professions like fireman and PI are very rich in reward objects. However, doing just two at a time, even with heavy pause button usage, about drove me nuts.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »
Congrats Ghostmira   :D

I'll admit I struggled with this, I started it then left it and finally went back to it just so I could finish before time ran out. It's not the challenges fault at all I just hadn't been playing much lately and wasn't in the mood for it.

I'm looking forward to hearing how others managed such good scores, Judy caused me the most grief, she didn't max her career till the last week and didn't manage to max fishing, one day I found her still in the house skipping work, when I sent her to china she decided she wasn't married anymore but decided she was when she went home again, she wanted to see Ethan graduate on his adult birthday and help young adult Darlene with her homework, she just totally lost it  ;D

Arlo was the star for me, I found it a struggle to do the firefighter career and organise the others but he did a good job and got all the rewards so I was pleased I did it.

I know I can handle 8 sims at a time as I did it in my dynasty but somehow that is different as mostly they have done their tasks and you are concentrating on just one or two, this was a lot more micro management.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »
Congratulations Ghostmira on winning the challenge. Great job everyone that participated also.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
Congrats Ghostmira   :D

I'm looking forward to hearing how others managed such good scores, Judy caused me the most grief, she didn't max her career till the last week and didn't manage to max fishing, one day I found her still in the house skipping work, when I sent her to china she decided she wasn't married anymore but decided she was when she went home again, she wanted to see Ethan graduate on his adult birthday and help young adult Darlene with her homework, she just totally lost it  ;D

Like Judy I am a mum of four so I can totally relate and this all seems pretty normal behaviour for a working mum. My son is a whole lot cuter then Arlo though just need to put that out there.

My main strategy was to write down all the different careers and which skills were required for each. Then I assigned the careers to the different Bunches. For instance the logic skill is require for several different careers medicine,teaching,ghost hunting etc so I tried to divide everything up so as to get the most potential rewards. I didn't have a lot of  time to practice so it all had to be theory based. I never took advantage of caking anybody up early as my computer didn't seem to be able to deal with all the birthdays.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 05:53:39 PM »
Lisa was my problem child. In my test run she just didn't get along with her co-workers. In my real run, I gave her workaholic and she completed 3 part time jobs. No rewards, but oh well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 06:32:44 PM »
Aside from the mistake re usage of coffee beans, the other mistake I made was in careers being assigned to sims. I decided to make Arlo the one to do fishing as a career rather than Judy for some reason, that's one thing I wouldn't do again.

I decided to move the Bunches out of their house and into another one. I moved them into the house next to the married Wainwights. I did some conversions on the house, removing the garage door and parking bay, removing the access to the area in the middle (the box space in the middle of it). And a few other things.

I sent Jack to China for one day for books/cd player/incense from fridge at base camp. I sent Judy to France for three days for gnomes/fishing/gardening/nectar/handiness increasing. I sent Jack to Egypt for one day for incense/plants/cook books (5 days for three trips). I decided to send the entire family to France for three days (18 days). Which was overkill, but I was almost at the end of the month, and I figured I could get them all to do something. Judy fished in an attempt to hit level 10 in fishing, Jack learnt crepes for a career op and then went and gardened to assist in Judy's work as a Self Employed Gardener. Arlo read logic books and practiced chess (I swapped him from fishing to Ghost Hunter), Ethan ran around upgrading as much as he could (Fireman Career) and jogged everywhere (athletics - Fireman Career), Lisa took photos of everyone and everything she could (though the nectar place never registered as a nectar place, just as a nightspot) and Darlene was sent to find an easel, I don't believe I managed to find one, so I ended up sending her off to help with gardening. (I ended up using 23 of the 30 days.

Careers
I had these mapped out/done as follows.
Judy - Science Career then Self Employed Gardener
Jack - Military Career then Culinary Career
Ethan - Self Employed Alchemist then Investigator Profession then Fireman Profession
Lisa - Self Employed Sculptor then Self Employed Photographer then Self Employed Nectar Maker
Arlo - Self Employed Angler then Ghost Hunter Profession
Darlene - Self Employed Painter then Architectual Design Profession

As noted above, sending Arlo down the Self Employed Angler path was a mistake. I should have given that to Judy and made him professional athlete then ghost hunter. He was essentially my practice run for the Ghost Hunter Bingo Challenge.

Aging Up/Family Matters
In a practice run I tried to meet Judy's LTW of surrounded by family. They had twins and yeah, it wasn't pretty. I decided not to go that route in my scoring file. In the scoring file, Ethan didn't max his SE Alchemy Career until after Arlo had his birthday to become a teen (and had an A in school). Ethan was already working on his logic skill, got it to 5 and was able to tutor Arlo. All four of them were either on A or on Honour Role and so  ...

oops sorry, I'm late, this is to be continued. :D

Offline YukiA

• I'm social, I make my sims socialize all the time.
  • Nooboo
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
For this challenge I sorted jobs into 6 categories and assigned them to a member of the bunch family. I think I wasted a lot of time having them sleep full nights instead of just napping, and on Judy who just did not want to advance in the Science career until week 3. Which really sucked because I planned for her to make another Bunch member when she capped, and assign that guy or girl part time jobs.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
Congratulations Ghostmira, and everyone who finished this challenge! Looking forward for the strategies!

I did all my strategy planning on paper, but I couldn't even finish my practice file. First thing I did was send the parents to "try for baby" and Judy had twins… it was just way too many sims for me! LOL Oh, and the horses because Aldo was equestrian! Uff!

By the way Ratchie, you have four kids in real life!? "Me quito el sombrero!":  My hat's off! (or however you say that in English!)
ˇPura vida!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2014, 09:11:51 PM »
Like Judy I am a mum of four so I can totally relate and this all seems pretty normal behaviour for a working mum. My son is a whole lot cuter then Arlo though just need to put that out there.

My main strategy was to write down all the different careers and which skills were required for each. Then I assigned the careers to the different Bunches. For instance the logic skill is require for several different careers medicine,teaching,ghost hunting etc so I tried to divide everything up so as to get the most potential rewards. I didn't have a lot of  time to practice so it all had to be theory based. I never took advantage of caking anybody up early as my computer didn't seem to be able to deal with all the birthdays.

Rachel

Haha yeah you would think it would we a walk in the park with my 8 but something about the sims makes it harder! I can manage my 8 in real life just fine but on the sims managing and trying to improve moods and careers is just not my cup of tea! I did like the challenge but just couldn't manage to do it! I also tried a practice run where I had Judy have twins but that seemed to take to much time out of her job to even be worth it to me. So my idea was the same as yours Rachel that is what I had planned to do.

Offline Ghostmira

• Nooboo
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2014, 08:40:46 AM »
Yay!Thanks, everybody! And gj to everybody who participated, this was a fun one, wasn't it?

After scoring pretty well in previous challenges, but not winning, I took the planning part of this one *really* seriously! Assigned jobs (and skills) to each family member and tried to make it so they'd get a very high number of skill certificates. I think the most rewarding job overall was Fireman!
I found I was playing much less time per session, 'cause the constant pausing and managing the sleep/skilling/careers of my simmies just drove me mad.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »
Yay!Thanks, everybody! And gj to everybody who participated, this was a fun one, wasn't it?

After scoring pretty well in previous challenges, but not winning, I took the planning part of this one *really* seriously! Assigned jobs (and skills) to each family member and tried to make it so they'd get a very high number of skill certificates. I think the most rewarding job overall was Fireman!
I found I was playing much less time per session, 'cause the constant pausing and managing the sleep/skilling/careers of my simmies just drove me mad.

Could we get a little more specific info, Ghostmira? Players always really appreciate detailed info especially from the winners of events. Thanks. And grats again.

Offline Ghostmira

• Nooboo
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
Ooo, sorry! I don't think I did much different from other players, but of course I can write some more.
I moved the Bunches to a more central lot, their house wasn't set up very effectively, and any little bit to cut down travel time helps, right? Used the money for high-energy furniture and workspaces and Both Jack and Judy got a few days in the future to skill up for their current jobs.
At home, they got 2 horses who basically self-trained (they're worth much more then) while Jack finished Military, he became a Horseman after that for 3x trophies, maxed horsey skill certificate and a new maxed career. Judy got twins asap after. For the kids I focused on hitting their milestones so they could have as many as possible of the ambitious/workaholic/genius/bookworm traits, which all help a lot obvs, as does getting to know the boss to get that promotion in after hours (but before midnight). I also picked Lifetime wishes that they'd easily hit (preferably early on) doing the skilling/jobs thing, so they'd get a nice chunk of lifetime happiness essentially for free.
All the teens got part time jobs, after they aged up they used the extra free time to skill up ahead of time. The I aimed mostly for jobs that would give awards or reward objects besides just the skill cert for maxed skills. The jobs that came with Ambitions, but also both Astronomy branches, for instance.
As for LTR, I focused first on work/performance boosters, then bladder/trans sleep. Later on, the elder Bunches got some better traits and the daughter, forget her name, with the missing trait, used points to get max influence and thus gain another trait. It does help!

I played without: seasons, supernatural, showtime, world adventures. No weather or zombies to get in the way or pesky wishes/opportunities I wasn't going to let them have.
So basically; naps and coffee but little sleep, lots of skilling and hitting the pause button to make sure everyone is exactly where I wanted them to be. They didn't get to waste a single minute walking the long way 'round getting a book or performing a job.

I hope that's enough?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »
Which careers did you complete?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.