Author Topic: Making load times run faster for Sims 3  (Read 6311 times)

Offline iamforeva

• Nooboo
Making load times run faster for Sims 3
« on: May 11, 2014, 12:23:36 PM »
I tried to delete the cc cache files etc didn't help, ending un-needed programs in back ground didnt help as well
here is my comp specs attached as follows,  sorry about i had to send via rar format

What if i install The Sims 3 solely on another partition with just Win 7x64 and sims 3 only

Will a upgrade of graphics card help this one ASUS R9270-DC2OC-2GD5 Radeon R9 270 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

any help apprecitated

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: making load times run faster for sims 3
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 05:13:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum, iamforeva. I don't have much to say about your problem, but could you post the text to your DxDiag directly to the forum, rather than in a .rar archive? I removed your .rar. The only attachments we allow are .sims3packs, in the right places.

I'm also moving this to Technical Help, because it's a technical issue.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:33:14 PM »
I'm sure we already have a recent topic on this same subject on the Technical Help board. Would a Moderator please merge this with it? I'm not on my computer and can't do it myself right now. Thanks.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »
but could you post the text to your DxDiag directly to the forum
That's not possible. It exceeds the character limit when pasted in a thread.

Offline iamforeva

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:33:53 PM »
well i cant seem to post my comp spec but i have a Intel Core i7 860(2.8GHz) atil radeon hd 5750 1 gig 8gb ddr 3 memory

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 10:09:57 PM »
Hi Iamforeva,

What tips have you already tried? I see nothing mentioned. So that's why I'm asking, so I don't give tips/tricks that you've already tried.

--- Have you tried a factory reset? = Copy your Sims 3 folder to the desktop. Rename your current Sims 3 folder to something like Sims 3 Current. Click the Sims 3 icon to create a new Sims 3 folder. Then copy your game saves, files and such over to the new game to see if that helps. (This is different from a total-game reinstall - This just sets the game back to factory default.)

If you need to know what to save/backup. Have a look at this thread.

How To: Saving folders/files to use on a different computer or to use as backup
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16414.msg313134.html#msg313134

--- Run a register cleaner program. (Something like Ccleaner, It's free - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download)
This helps clean up temporary files, internet cache files and other files that are left behind that are no longer being used, after uninstalling.

--- If you  have a game save that you've been playing for a 2+ months straight, it maybe a good idea to save the family/families and houses you've been playing and create a new game. This will help refresh the game.

--- How long has it been since you've uninstalled/reinstalled? It's recommended to do so every few months to give the game a fresh start.

Some in-game tips that might help also.

* Keep inventories as empty as possible. But be careful of storing a lot of items in chests, cabinets etc. As to many things stored in those places may make the game lag, crash or slow to load.
* Try not to over decorate the house. Keep it simple. As this helps keep load time down as well.
* Try not to do a whole lot of yard landscaping. The less your computer has to load the better it is for the overall game.
* Try not to use a lot of mods or CC, as these may cause problems with your game over time.

Hope this helps, if it doesn't please post back and we'll see if we come up with some more tips.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything