Author Topic: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?  (Read 48169 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »
The rules say that the Vacation specific skills need to be learned while on Vacation and not with books, my sim just got a Career Op in her home town to learn the photography skill and bring a picture to work.  Is it ok to accept/complete this Opportunity or do I need to cancel it out since I have not yet been to Egypt, where we are supposed to learn the Photography skill?

Accepting it is fine as long as you do all skilling up to lvl 3 on vacation.

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 04:43:10 PM »
Are the Vacation Location visits Town specific?  So if I complete all the China requirements while in Town #1, and then I get the Opportunity asking for the Photography skill could I go to Egypt while still in Town #1 and start on that Vacation Locations requirements or do I have to wait until I move to a new town to start a different Vacation Location?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
wait until I move to a new town to start a different Vacation Location?

This one, you must wait.  You can't take 2 different vacation to two different location while in Town #1.

**You must take 3 different vacations (you can only take one vacation while in each town) — one in Egypt, one in France, and one in China.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 05:03:54 PM »
I'm sorry to say I'm out as my hard drive catastrophically failed and I have lost all my data (including my kids photos  :'( of the last three years). So even when I get my new pc I won't be restarting this challenge. I had thought my pc was running very slow but I thought that was because I was using any mods... just goes to show you should always have backups of your photos/data.

Thanks though for the great challenge I was really enjoying it...
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline rubywyld

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 05:11:15 PM »
Thank You Nutella, that's what I thought but wanted to double check because of the opportunity the game tossed at me.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 05:54:52 PM »
I'm sorry to say I'm out as my hard drive catastrophically failed and I have lost all my data (including my kids photos  :'( of the last three years). So even when I get my new pc I won't be restarting this challenge. I had thought my pc was running very slow but I thought that was because I was using any mods... just goes to show you should always have backups of your photos/data.

Thanks though for the great challenge I was really enjoying it...

I am really sorry to hear this. So you did actually start an official scoring file?

Offline Kirstie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 07:22:37 PM »
I'm having trouble finding my saved spreadsheet (even though I was being careful to save it). As soon as I can find it I'll post those times.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2014, 01:19:31 AM »
I did start an actual scoring file and got as far as the first day in my second town... and then of course the complete and utter death of my pc. I can't continue as the only other computer I've got is my mac which really doesn't play sims very well. So thats me DNF;  on this challenge anyway.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2014, 11:51:19 AM »
@Playalot: I'm playing with a Mac and I understand plenty of other players do too (I think MarianT mentioned she played in a mac) and it runs just well. We can't use the program recommended in the General rules to pick the EP so what I do is just uninstall them for good for a while, with the Origin app I find it easy to install-uninstall EP. Other than that I haven't had a problem because I use mac.
ˇPura vida!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
Tandrael, I don't use a mac; I'm not sure who you're thinking of. I do use a laptop, though, which limits my graphics settings, but is pretty reliable. Playalot, I'm sorry to hear about your computer, and not just because of the challenge.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
Sorry to hear about your woes, Playalot. I am on a Mac by the way and Sims runs great, but I have a high end iMac, so I have no idea what kind of Mac you have.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
Do you have to learn the skills whilst on vacation? Like Martial Arts whilst in China?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2014, 01:08:52 PM »
Do you have to learn the skills whilst on vacation? Like Martial Arts whilst in China?

Correct. From the rules...

On the skilling — All of the vacation requirement skilling must be done while on vacation and no reading skill books.
  • NOTE: You can go to a given vacation destination more than once if necessary to finish requirements — for example, while your home town is Sunset Valley you end up going to France two times (but you would not be able to go to China or Egypt).

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2014, 01:09:48 PM »
Thank you :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:40 AM »
I play on an iMac as well. I thought mine was high end but I can't play with high graphics. It was the best they had just with a lower gb graphics card but the guy assured me it would play sims no prob. Well he lied. LoL. My brother in law play on a macbook pro and his runs better than mine even though mine is newer. So I don't really know but I do know Macs are capable of running sims without problems.
For photography does that mean we can't take picture in our hometown or just that we can't gain a skill level while in our hometown?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk