Author Topic: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?  (Read 47685 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:36 PM »
Egypt- Day 3 11:33 PM

You accidentally put in 11:03 PM in the spreadsheet.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2014, 12:47:23 AM »
World 1: Week 1, Day 6, 9:30 PM
China: Day 2, 7:30 PM
-------
World 2: Week 2, Day 3, 8:35 PM
France: Day 2, 9:32 PM
-------
World 3 Week 3, Day 4, 1: 55 PM
Egypt: Day 1, 9:14 PM

Town Time = 26400
Vacation Time = 5176
Total = 31576

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2014, 01:37:13 AM »
Bella Bond worked hard to make her great uncle James Bond 007 proud...   (Later that day, she found a message in her freezer that read, "I am holding Jimmy Bond in a land somewhere cold, signed Lenny, the Evil Freezer Bunny).  Putting winter clothes on she thinks, "So the hunt begins.."

World 1: Week 4  Day 1   1:15 PM
China: Day 1   9:10 AM
China: Day 1  10:15 PM

World 2: Week 4  Day 1   8:49 PM
France: Day 1  8:37 PM

World 3 Week 4   Day 1   7:47 PM
Egypt: Day 1  3:01 PM

Town Time         32031
Vacation Time      2103
Total                34134

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2014, 01:53:19 AM »
Done in last second, I know how poor Jimmy Bond felt :P

World 1: Week 2, Day 3, 5:36 PM
China: Day 2, 10:21 PM

World 2: Week 4, Day 1, 6:24 PM
France: Day 2, 10:12 PM

World 3 Week 5, Day 2, 6:12 AM
Egypt: Day 2, 9:23 PM

Town Time = 42852
Vacation Time = 6836
Total = 49673

Hi Lena,

I showed your total to be 49688. Could you check it please :)

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2014, 02:03:09 AM »
Oh wow, what a difficult challenge! Again, mucha happier with my country's performance in the World Cup! Go Costa Rica!  ;D

My Sim got:

Town 1: hour 7:29 am
Vacation 1: day 3, 11:59 pm

Town 2: 2:36 am
vacation 2: day 3, 8:00 pm

Town 3: week 7, day 5, 3:20 pm
vacation 3: day 3, 11:34 am

Total town time: 66325
total vacation time: 10533
TOTAL time: 76858

¡Pura vida!

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2014, 02:06:42 AM »
Great score, Chare. Well done. I just finished myself. I would appreciate someone double checking my figures on the spreadsheet.

Town 1 — 5:59 PM
Town 2 — 4:34 PM
Town 3 — Week 4, Day 7, 6:27 PM

China — Day 3, 6:18 AM
France — Day 3, 9:54 PM
Egypt — Day 3, 4:41 PM

Town Time (40620) + Vacation Time (9893) = 50513

I checked your numbers, and they are fine Metro.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2014, 06:11:40 AM »
WOOOOOOW! What an exciting finish! The top three competitors all ended up being a little sneaky and posted their scores in the last hours of the event. I love it. Hehe. That was exciting. Nutella swoops in and posts the winning score with Blackrosea and Chare so very close behind her. Well done ladies. That was really exciting to watch. :)

So, a big congratulations to Nutella on her win and my thanks to all competitors for participating. A special thanks to Blackrosea for this fun and creative idea for an event.

This event is now closed so everyone is free to share their strategies.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2014, 07:22:42 AM »
Congratulations, Nutella! And thank you so much for all the work you (and Blackrosea and Metro) did on checking our math. This was a very enjoyable challenge -- my poor spy can finally spend some time watching TV inside.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »
Boy, do I have questions. This was the first time I played with World Adventures and can totally see how I could have cut my time there. Also, I had only moved town with families with lots of money and didn't know I needed $20K in cash to move. Oops. No problems with the celebrity and social parts. What I want to know from the top scorers is how did you get such fast promotions with a sim with these traits? Municipal Bond just couldn't do that.

Offline joker

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Congratulations Nutella and thanks to Metropolis Man.Blackrosea ,Nutella for creating and answering questions in  this challenge and thanks to LenaLJ for creating the spreadsheet
I enjoyed this challenge,and am sure that i did something wrong.and i'd love to hear what  others did in this challenge .
In details.
It's a complex challenge .so i put in my mind  (money,LTH,friendships )

I started my game in Bridgeport.

My Sim lived in a small lot (240 3rd Avenue ) near the library . i purchased a broom, sleeping bag, stereo.and a rocking chair . and i purchased Mike's Cornerstone(the grocery store)
Then my Sim joined law enforcement career. and he attended charisma and logic classes then he went to the public library and he reached level 3 in logic. watched the expensive
TV to increase fun (he has a couch potato trait)
and i completed all life time wishes like buying a stove  a fridge etc
then he met Moxie Logan (1 star celebrity) and  befriended her (best friend).then woohood with her at town theater.

i used the following chart to became a superstar (he needed 13600 points)

level       title                 required points    discount chance   freebies chance
1      Fame  Leecher            100                       20%                           0%

2      Notable figure          1500                        35%                         10% 

3      B-list celebrity           2000                       50%                        15 %

4      Rounded VIP             4000                       60 %                        20%

5      Superstar                  6000                       70 %                        25%

Each friend gives 1000 points
Good friend gives 500 points
Best friend gives 1000 points
Romantic interest  : 1100 points
partner : 1750 points
Fiancée  2000 points
Spouse : 3000 points

SO my Sim became best friend with a celebrity at first (2500 points ) then he became romantic interest ,partner .and Fiancée.(i went to her home and i asked her to be friend only) .
i went to the Grind and i ordered drinks for celebrities so i can impress them faster.

I traveled as fast as i can  . my Sim went to china at day 3 when he purchased the Opportunistic LTR .(in the second world appaloosa plains and the third world sunset valley he traveled at first day)
In China : My Sim was B-list celebrity (level 3)  and he had the opportunistic LTR.he achieved level 1 VISA at first day (I didn't open any hidden door,didn't collect ancient coins.relics ,jars etc)
then he went to the market and he bought (15 high quality dried food .10 shower in a can.& the honorary incense holder of jun pao for mood and to increase skill gain rates ) and he had a 50% discount.
then he went to the scholar's garden (25 moodlets) and befriended Jiang lu,Jiannan lu.& liu pei) by social networking by texting then send a picture text (each friendship requires about 3 hours)
My Sim collected lots of LTH ,from (social networking,friendships.stereo,& the incense holder ).he slept in the sleeping bag for a short time .
then he trained for martial arts with a stereo and the incense holder beside him.
China : day 2 ,12,37 pm

AT home :  my Sim ate high quality dried food, used a shower in a can before going to work. so he can work hard to reach the 75% of job meter and ask for promotion from his boss each 3 days
befriended his boss and his partner by social networking (to increase fun,save times)
He slept in a rocking chair beside his incense holder (10-12 moodlets) and the stereo is on.
AT day 6 :he completed a celebrity opportunity which gave him 10,000 simoleons,and he became a partner of Hogan's Deep Fried Dinner
At day 7: he became level 4 celebrity ,and he purchased the Multi-tasker  LTR
AT week 2 day 2 :he received a (sleep slave double bed for 3500 $).he reached level 4 at work
Bridgeport :week 2, day 2, 11:45 pm

Town 2 : Appaloosa plains:

He lived in  (67 Rachelle Lane for 1200 $ ,and he purchased Walls Book 'n Bath LLC(Day spa)
He was ( athletic level 2, charisma level 5.logic level 5,social networking level 7, martial arts level 3, handness level 2)
He traveled to Egypt at first day, He achieved level 1 VISA and he learned photography at the same time while he was in the tomb . he took photos of ancient coins, floor switch,
puchable statue etc.
Then he took some photos from the base camp to reach level 3, he purchased Mazzamesses II incense holder.shower in can ,and high quality dried food)
He became friend with (Uum Moussa,Sanaa Madbouli,& Samir Amin ) by social networking.
Egypt : day 2, 9:08 am

Appallosa plains :
The same : He befriended his Boss and his partner by social networking
he received Maelstorm Hot tube and sleep slave double bed
he completed a celebrity opportunity which gave him 10,000 $
At week 2 day 7 he purchased Fast Learner LTR
He woohood with Chynne fox at town theater
he became a Superstar.
He reached level 5 mixology by studying at public library .

Town 3 : Sunset valley
He lived in (Oake Grove Road)
He bought : Summer Hill Springs ( upgraded it to level 3),Ever fresh Delight's Supermarket, Divaisadero Budget Books.
I traveled to France at first day :
He reached level 1 VISA at first day .He became friend with (Jules Foumier,Aimee Lefbvre,& Yves Bernard ) by social networking.
I purchased the Little Boy Soldier incense holder for++ moodlets . then he went to the nectary and he learned how to make nectar with his 3 three incense holders.
France : day 2. 1:58 pm

AT sunset valley:
When he returned from France he was : (athletic level 4, charisma level 6, handiness level 2, logic level 5, Mixology level 5 , martial arts level 3,
photography level 3, nectar making level 3)
he had Fast learner , Opportunistic, Multi-tasker LTR.and he was a level 5 celebrity
befriended his Boss and his partner by social networking.
He went to the  library to write reports , and to reach level 10 in Mixology (with the 3 incense holders)
He received a fresher Refrigerator , llama fossball
He woohood with Morgana Wolf lol at town theater  .
he completed his LTW ( International Super Spy) and he had 105,000 $ to buy a Margaret Vaguester vehicle at week 4 ,day 6 . 1:05 pm

Thanks for reading.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »
Congratulations Nutella, I got as far as town two and one vacation when I messed up, which was a shame as I was enjoying it.

I got lucky in China with the friends as a mother and daughter were playing tag at the academy, forget their names now, so I just had my guy join in then go straight off to bed after at base camp, when he woke up he had two best friends.

And the ladies loved him, that amused and baffled me actually but I had no trouble getting the date and woohoo in the first two towns, in fact in town two he had to fight off his dates roommate who kept hitting on him  ;D

I don't know if my strategy such as it was would have worked out or not but I left Bridgeport to be town number 3, I thought it would be easier to get the celebrity stuff at the end with less chance of any disgrace messing things up for him, but I feel I might have had money troubles as I struggled with it up to the point I got to and those vaguester's aren't cheap.

Interesting info on the celebrity thing Joker, it's usually something I turn off so the mechanics of it are a bit vague to me.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2014, 01:51:41 PM »
LTHR bought:  Opportunistic, Never Dull, Multi-Tasker, Fast Learner, Attractive, Steel Bladder, Carefree.

Bridgeport:

Sunday -- Bought empty lot, then a broom and approach Lola Belle, need to catch her before she goes into the house (celebrity gate sucks).  Lola is perfect, she is a 5 star celebrity and in the music career, hence easy to befriend, romance, and get celebrity level high.  After romancing then ask her out on date - tour theatre, then back to my lot (small square house with minimal items) and woohoo with her.  Didn't woohoo in the theatre, high risk of getting disgrace for woohooing in public.  After Lola I was already a 3 stars celebrity (almost 4 stars), I find 2 more high level celebrity and best friend them, made me 4.5 stars.  After that join law enforcement career and spent 3000 on spa package, needed the good moodlet which will make it easier to level skills.  Read logic books at the library with portable radio (music moodlet), play computer games at library for fun, nap on rocking chair at home lot when sleepy, and eat lettuce (from grocery store) when hungry. 

Monday -- My first celebrity opportunity phone call came in, I completed it and that made me level 5 celebrity.

Tuesday -- Before going to work everyday, I make sure all needs are good.  Hygiene moodlet, fun moodlet, and well rested moodlet.  I use "work hard" at work and it takes 2 days to get one promotion, got career level 2.

Thursday -- Another promotion, career level 3 now.  Went to China, getting visa level 1 was easy with opportunistic, but getting the 3 friends was harder.  I didn't have enough points to buy attractive yet, so I bought "never dull" and just spam "make silly face".  Leveling martial arts is not too bad either, watch TV at the academy for fun, sleep in tent, and use the equipment at academy to level martial arts.

Friday -- Couldn't get promotion in just one day, but my work bar was high enough that after work I invited boss over and ask for promotion.  Got career level 4 so I can move town.

6 days in bridgeport, received 4 opportunity phone calls and 1 celebrity gift worth $12,000. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Twinbrook:

Sunday -- First thing is to approach my boss and best friend him, next is approach partner and best friend her.  Also romance my partner, took out to date (theatre) then back to home lot to woohoo.  Also befriended some townies in the library and question them so I can do reports in the library using the computer.

Monday -- I have skills caught up and also have multi-tasker, hence one day of 6 hours work was enough for me to get promotion, got career level 5.

Tuesday -- 2nd promotion, got career level 6.

Wednesday -- no work.  Travel to France and after getting 3 friends, visa level 1, and nectar making to level 3, I spent some time below the Nectary to get some nectar bottles.  There is a room down in the basement of nectary and if you go all the way to the end you can get about 7 nectar bottles from rack for free, and these nectars are high quality nectars (perfect).  I could have bought perfect nectars from the register, but I didn't want to spend money.

Thursday -- Couldn't get promotion at work, since it is only 5 hours of work.  But no fear, work hard and then invite boss over after work to ask for promotion.  Got career level 7 so I can move town.

5 days in twinbrook, received 2 opportunity phone calls and 1 celebrity gift worth $3,000.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunset Valley:

Sunday -- Same thing, boss best friend, partner best friend, romance tour theatre back home woohoo.

Monday -- Very lucky to receive the nectar oppportunity during work.  Left work then went right back in work to turn in the nectar bottles (from france), received promotion to career level 8.

Tuesday -- Couldn't get promotion, but I did get another opportunity from work, to read some book.  After work I invite boss over ask for promotion to career level 9.

Wednesday -- No work.  Went to egypt, this was my easiest vacation trip, had "attractive" so making friends was easier and photography is just way too easy to level compared to other skills.

Thursday -- With the opportunity from work (read book), I was able to get promoted to the last career level 10 in one day. 

I finished my career fast, but then I could have slow it down and get my mixology up, my planning isn't optimal, wasted 2 days on work.  Had to go work on friday and the following monday (even after I maxed career) and spend my free time at the library reading mixology book.

9 days in sunset valley, received a lot of opportunity phone calls but I only did 2 of them and 3 celebrity gifts worth $15,000 - $12,000 - $5,000 respectively.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »
Very detailed information Nutella and joker. Thank you so much for sharing.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
I likewise had never played much with other countries.

My first town was sunsets valley, I chose that bare lot that is near the police station and library and basically my life was like this:

Go to gym and skill.
Go home and eat an apple (I bought a couple of apples and planted them outside) then sleep in a little cabin. My home in all the places was pretty much an octagonal hut with an iconic ionic bed on the side. In the second and third places I added a treadmill. In the mornings I went to the library and skilled in Charisma + Logic, then played computer games on the computer. I spent two days at home, got my first promotion, then traveled to the first country.

I did France first, and basically just rushed to improve my visa with those adventures that require you to befriend others in all the countries. That was my strategy for all the destinations, honestly. I bought the Incense thing, then went to the Scholars garden for Martial Arts. I got level 6 in martial arts and a few free levels in Athletic.

For the rest of town 1, I built up an RI relationship with my partner then woohooed them in the gym shower to make my relationship with them high. I then socialized with the celebrities who were here by now.

My next town was Islo Paradiso, which has celebrities with LN installed. Basically just built relationships with them and worked towards promotions. I did France second since I sorta know it. I went to the nectary to skill first.

My next town was Bridgeport. I woohooed Matthew Hamming here instead of my partner.

Egypt was the into town I had never done, so the whole point of my practice file was Egypt. It worked out well.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »
Yes, I had a brain explosion on day 1 of the challenge!

I decided that I would sell the time portal so I wouldn't accidentally go into the future. Then I realized that selling it meant I got money from a non-approved source and was therefore DNF.

At least I didn't eat coffee beans :D