Author Topic: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?  (Read 48272 times)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: Replacing Jimmy Bond: Mission Impossible?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2014, 03:27:59 AM »

For photography does that mean we can't take picture in our hometown or just that we can't gain a skill level while in our hometown?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You cant start taking pictures to level it until you get to Egypt.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
That's what I thought. But I wasn't sure. So only Egypt pics to level up to 3 sounds difficult.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about your woes, Playalot. I am on a Mac by the way and Sims runs great, but I have a high end iMac, so I have no idea what kind of Mac you have.

Thanks everyone for your kinds words... my mac is just not up to running sims. Time goes by in four/to eight second chunks and the graphics are just awful so until my new pc arrives I'll just be reading here!

I can't wait to find out how the winner did this challenge  :D Literally... can't wait  :P Patience is just not my thing  ;)

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ramblinghaggis

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »
Id like to take part, a little confused over the vacation times though! I havent travelled a lot in the sims at all. You note down the day, hours and minutes when you arrive in your vacation and then note down the day hours and minutes when you end your vacation is that right? Is the end time when you arrive back in the town?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 09:35:49 AM »
Id like to take part, a little confused over the vacation times though! I havent travelled a lot in the sims at all. You note down the day, hours and minutes when you arrive in your vacation and then note down the day hours and minutes when you end your vacation is that right? Is the end time when you arrive back in the town?

No, it's when you pick up the phone to Return Home while you are still on vacation. Don't worry about jotting down the time when you arrive on vacation — it's the same for everyone (Day 1 8:00 AM). Just jot down the Day hour and minutes (and AM or PM) for when you call to go home.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2014, 09:53:23 AM »
Town 1 -- Week 3, Day 2, 8:08 pm
China -- Day 3, 6:29 pm

Town 2 -- Week 4, Day 3, 4:18 pm
Egypt -- Day 2, 7:32 pm

Town 3 -- Week 5, Day 6, 10:32 am
France -- Day 3, 7:04 am

Town time -- 48,898
Vacation time -- 2,465

Total time -- 51,363

A big thank-you to Blackrosea for coming up with this, and another big thank-you to Lena LJ for creating the spreadsheet.

MarianT-

I ran your numbers through the spreadsheet and I got different value.
Town Time -- 48898
Vacation Time -- 8465

Total Time -- 57363

It's not your fault, but the team failed to tell everyone about using the spreadsheet is that no columns (in the vacation time section) should be left empty.  It doesn't calculate right if you leave empty.  So for example you didn't take a 2nd trip to China, in the 2nd line instead of leaving empty you need to put down day 1 hour 8 minute 0 AM

I will double check everyone's score, as long as you submit your score like MarianT (tell me all the info), I will be happy to plug those numbers in and check it.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:02 AM »
Thanks, Nutella -- I didn't calculate the minutes myself because it seemed too complicated -- just used the spread sheet. And I might have set the 2nd vacation slots to zero since I didn't take them.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »
MarianT-

I ran your numbers through the spreadsheet and I got different value.
Town Time -- 48898
Vacation Time -- 8465

Total Time -- 57363

It's not your fault, but the team failed to tell everyone about using the spreadsheet is that no columns (in the vacation time section) should be left empty.  It doesn't calculate right if you leave empty.  So for example you didn't take a 2nd trip to China, in the 2nd line instead of leaving empty you need to put down day 1 hour 8 minute 0 AM

I will double check everyone's score, as long as you submit your score like MarianT (tell me all the info), I will be happy to plug those numbers in and check it.

Think i added a column to the side where i wrote it has to be filled in order to work.
But none the less, great taht you are double checking nutella.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2014, 11:30:21 AM »
Thank you so much, Nutella.

---------

EDIT: Okay, I tried to bring everyone's attention to the need to not leave cells blank:

Scoring
Just as with the Grandmaster challenge earlier this year it all comes down to the total minutes it takes you to accomplish the requirements in all worlds and in each vacation. Once again, LenaLJ has come through with flying colors with a helpful spreadsheet (Lena you are awesome!). IMPORTANT: follow Lena's instructions and do not leave certain cells blank or the spreadsheet will not calculate correctly.

Offline aalikane

• Nooboo
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
Vacation Time — Then, plug the necessary info for all three vacations (there are additional cells in case you need to return for another vacation in a given world) and the spreadsheet will give you your total vacation minutes in the purple section.

This is the part I don't understand.  Say you go to china in Town #1... you stay for the 3 days, leave at 11:59pm and then have to go back to finish up the requirements... where do you stick in that extra day or two? I'm looking at the spreadsheet and I can't see any 'additional cells'. How do you work that?

Offline ramblinghaggis

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2014, 01:12:22 PM »
Thank you Metro. I have another question, sorry!

Are we allowed to build our own houses, so say in town one, you can pick an empty plot, and build to the value of 16,500?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2014, 01:15:42 PM »
This is the part I don't understand.  Say you go to china in Town #1... you stay for the 3 days, leave at 11:59pm and then have to go back to finish up the requirements... where do you stick in that extra day or two? I'm looking at the spreadsheet and I can't see any 'additional cells'. How do you work that?

Each of the three vacation worlds (China, Egypt and France) has two rows in the spreadsheet.

---------

Are we allowed to build our own houses, so say in town one, you can pick an empty plot, and build to the value of 16,500?

Yes. No restrictions on going the build route or the pre made home route. Your choice.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:57 PM »

Yes you can start on empty lot and build your own house.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »

You do not have to spend the whole 16,500 on your lot either.

Offline Brisayshi

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
Well, I finished all of the requirements for the first town and moved my Sim to the next through the phone interaction, got the town set up, saved... Then realized that the second town's day is set to Week 1, Day 1 at 8:00 am. It's my first time moving a Sim that way through the phone to a separate town, so perhaps I messed something up when editing Appaloosa Plains to put in the lots I needed.