Author Topic: The Sakura Immortals: Epilogue- Looking to the Future (Oct 10)- COMPLETE  (Read 59284 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Author's Note: A couple of things of note before I begin the story.  I completed my first Immortal Dynasty back in January, The Sakura Immortal Dynasty.  My final heir completed all of his requirements, thus completing the Dynasty, and was able to marry his longtime girlfriend since he was no longer tied to the Dynasty restrictions.  Kuroi (my final heir) and Tyra (his girlfriend) had a child and that's when I got the idea to do another Immortal Dynasty with Haiiro, their child.  That way, I would get to continue the Sakura family bloodline and play another ID too.  I played with Haiiro until she was a young adult, saved a copy of her in the Sim Bin and then started her fresh in a new town with the mission to continue the Sakura Family Dynasty.  I wrote a little prologue to document our future Founder learning about her heritage and deciding to embark on her own journey, just like her Great x 6 Grandma Shiroi did so many years ago.  Enjoy!

You can find the original 8 Sakura Immortals here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20308.0.html

Prologue
My family was like any other family, save for a few differences.  Growing up, I had my mom and my dad and my grandparents.  My MANY grandparents.  My many grandparents that have been alive for hundreds upon hundreds of years and who pretty much owned the town we lived in, a place called Twinbrook.  At the time, I thought that was normal.  It wasn't until I started going to school and was taught to read by my teacher, my Grandma Murasaki, that I was able to delve into the many lessons and books that documented the long and storied history of my family.

It all started with a homework assignment from Grandma Murasaki.

"Hey Dad, can you help me with my assignment?" I asked.
"Sure, sweetie, what's for homework?" My Dad replied.
"Well, Grandma Murasaki gave us an assignment to write about our family tree.  She just smiled at me and said to ask you."
My Dad laughed.
"That sounds like my Mom." He paused. "Family tree, huh?  Let me say this much: I hope you have a lot of pages in that notebook, kiddo, because this is going to be a long story."

"That's amazing, Dad!" I exclaimed.
I could hardly believe what my Dad had told me.  My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandma Shiroi had been selected to complete a thing called an Immortal Dynasty, where she and her descendants had to complete a number of tasks and then they could become immortal!  My Dad was the last heir and, once he completed his requirements, the Dynasty was complete.  No longer tied to any rules, my Dad married my Mom, his longtime girlfriend, and had me.  I was the first Sakura to live a regular life.

"Now that it's over, looking back, I guess it was pretty amazing," My Dad agreed. "Made for a good story too."
"That's what you wrote all your books about, isn't it?"
"Yep.  Writing was my skill in the Dynasty.  Our life was so fantastical, it made my supermax super easy."
"Do you have a copy of your book I could read?" I pleaded.
"Sure, sweetie. Knock yourself out."

I read my Dad's many books until my Mom made me go to bed.  Even as I went to bed, there was only one thing on my mind.

The next morning, my Dad gave me the best gift I could ever receive.

"I called Grandma Shiroi and she dropped off a special gift for you," My Dad told me. "It was the Immortal Dynasty rulebook she received when she was chosen as a Founder.  She said you could have it."

"Thanks, Daddy!"
I was so excited!  I immediately called my Great Grandma to talk to her about it.  We talked for hours and hours.

I devoured that book.  I read it again and again and again and each time I did, I was in awe.  Some kids want to be a doctor or a firefighter, a teacher or even a rockstar.  But I knew the moment I open my Great Grandma's book what I wanted to be: the Founder of the next Sakura Immortal Dynasty.

Here's a photo of Tyra, who is Kuroi's wife and Haiiro's mother, just for reference:

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Re: The Sakura Immortal Dynasty: The Legacy Continues-Prologue
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »
I'm looking forward to this dynasty, good luck to both you and Haiiro :D
My TS3 Dynasty: Avilla TDD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura Immortal Dynasty: The Legacy Continues-Prologue
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 12:27:40 PM »
I'm looking forward to this dynasty, good luck to both you and Haiiro

Thanks, Butterfly!  I'm looking forward to writing this story  :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura Immortal Dynasty: Haiiro's Dynasty: Chapter 1 (June 18)
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
Chapter 1: From Riches to Rags (I'm going to try and do chapter titles, but we'll see how long that lasts...)

I couldn't believe that the moment had finally arrived for me to begin my own Immortal Dynasty!  My name is Haiiro Sakura and my dream is to become an immortal like my father, my grandmother, and all of my ancestors.

Upon my Young Adult birthday, I had a party with my family and then prepared myself for my new life.  Needless to say, I was estatic.
Here I am after getting a new wardrobe and a makeover:

My Great x6 Grandma Shiroi told me I needed to be purified, if you will, in a place called the Sim Bin before I could begin my Dynasty.  I spent some time there before moving to my new home in Appoloosa Plains.  I was very sad to leave my family back in Twinbrook, especially since it would be hundreds of years until I would see them again.  I was also very saddened by my new "home."  To put it mildy, it was a vacant lot.

I knew it would be this way for a while, but I was prepared for the challenge.  I had read and reread the book my Grandma had been given when she set out to complete her own Immortal Dynasty.  Though I had to leave my book in Twinbrook, I knew the words by heart:

An arduous task at first it may seem
to achieve the immortality of which some only dream
Eight must complete certain goals and tasks
to taste the divine meal to make their lives forever last

Friends they must make
and opportunities they must take
A career, a skill, and a lifetime wish
Part of what must be complete to eat from the divine dish

The Founder must begin from the humblest of means
An empty lot, with only a mailbox to be seen
The Founder must begin the pattern, completing goals one by one
But the work has only just begun
Several lifetimes of love and loss the Founder shall see,
while gathering their portraits to stand in a museum for all eternity...

Having grown up in a mansion, I could definitely say that "humblest of means" was certainly an understatement.

With $2 to my name, I went and got a job at the local restaurant as a Kitchen Scullion.

Then I headed to the Library to begin working on my cooking skill, which would be my supermax.

And I made some friends while I was here.

Then it was back to my vacant lot for the evening.  I couldn't wait for my first day of work tomorrow so I could earn some cash.

I could really use a table.

The next day, it was back to the Library to work on my gardening skill.  I then promptly returned home to plant some seeds and begin my garden.

Then, it was off to my first day of work.  I met some of my coworkers and was sure to befriend them, as per my requirements.

Just a little bit of information about Haiiro:

Her Lifetime Wish is to be a Culinary Librarian
Her traits are: Bookworm, Genius, Good, Natural Cook, and Workaholic

I actually wrote a whole poem about the Immortal Dynasty for this story.  I will be posting more as we progress with the heirs  :)

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
I really like that poem, can't wait to read more of it. Haiiro is off to a good  start :D

Offline QueenOfSquirrels

• Squirrel Enthusiast
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »
Haiiro is stunning! I can't wait to read your story as it progresses!

Offline jrmann2013

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
I love Haiiro's character! I don't think I've read your previous immortal dynasty, but I'll be sure to check it out! Along with bookmarking this one, of course.

I'm excited to see what happens/who she marries/and the nooboo of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »
She is very pretty! Good luck with your second dynasty.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 01:22:23 PM »
I really like that poem, can't wait to read more of it. Haiiro is off to a good  start
Haiiro is stunning! I can't wait to read your story as it progresses!

Thank you both!  I'm glad you are enjoying it so far!

I love Haiiro's character! I don't think I've read your previous immortal dynasty, but I'll be sure to check it out! Along with bookmarking this one, of course. I'm excited to see what happens/who she marries/and the nooboo of course!

Her spouse will be making an appearance in the next chapter.  I should hopefully have that posted either tonight or tomorrow.

She is very pretty! Good luck with your second dynasty.

Thanks!  Haiiro is actually the ninth Sakura, so she got most of her genetics from the heirs in my previous dynasty.  She did turn out quite lovely though  :)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura Immortal Dynasty: Haiiro's Dynasty: Chapter 2 (June 20)
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
Thank you to everyone for their replies!  I'm glad you are enjoying the story so far.

On a side note, I am teacing myself Japanese and all of the names between this dynasty and the original Sakura dynasty are colors in Japanese.  Haiiro, for example, is grey.  All of the heirs in this dynasty attempt are going to be more specific colors, like crimson, orange-yellow, brown...Any and all Japanese language mistakes are mine and my apparent inability to read the Japanese color wheel  ;)

Chapter 2: Mr. Right?

One of the people that I'd met in town was a man named Hiller Flint.  He and I were enjoying some normal, friendly conversation when all of a sudden, something came over me:

I was nervous to see how Hiller would respond.  I am happy to report that Hiller responded eagerly.

I asked Hiller to move in with me and he gladly accepted.  If he was willing to move in with me in a place that was barely big enough to turn around in, then he was a great catch.  I wanted to make sure that this one didn't get away.

Thankfully, he said yes.

While I went to work after our engagement, Hiller went to Cinnamon Crest Falls to work on his fishing skills.  While he was there, he found some rare seeds for our garden.

In other news, I got my first promotion today!  Needless to say, I was quite proud.

The following day, Hiller and I decided to tie the knot and get married.  It wasn't anything lavish or extravagant, but it was our wedding and we were happy to exchange vows. 

Hiller decided to update his wardrome a little bit after we got married.  He cleans up very nicely.

I got a few days off of work, so Hiller and I decided to take advantage of this brief vacation to get some skilling done.  Hiller began working on his painting skills to help with my Dynasty requirements. 

I, meanwhile, bought some new plants for my garden at the supermarket and continued working on my cooking skill.

A short while later, Hiller finally had enough lifetime reward points to change his lifetime wish.  He now wants to be a Renaissance Sim and master the painting, sculpting and fishing skills.  That is one of the many reasons that I love him.

As time passed, between my job and Hiller's paintings and sculptures, we finally had enough money to update...well, build a house.  Here is what the house-yes, an actual house-looks like:

Now that things were becoming more stable financially, my career was moving swimmingly, and Hiller was progressing with his portraits and sculptures, we decided to take the next big step in the Dynasty: bringing in the next heir.

I was happy to discover that we had a nooboo on the way.  Hiller wants a boy.  I want a girl.  Only one of us will be right.  I wonder who is?

Author's Note: The moment Haiiro stepped foot in Appoloosa Plains, I had Hiller picked out as her spouse.  I had started an Immortal Dynasty in this town before and got pretty far...until Error Code 12 hit me and destroyed that dynasty attempt.  Hiller was my founder's spouse in that attempt and I really liked him as a dynasty spouse.  So, there was nobody but Hiller for Haiiro  ;D

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Congrats to the happy couple! Hiller is actually very cute, they will have a gorgeous baby, I can already see! :D

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Congrats to the happy couple! Hiller is actually very cute, they will have a gorgeous baby, I can already see!

I have a soft spot for Hiller  :) He was a great spouse for Haiiro (and my other founder before Error Code 12 hit...).  Surprisingly, he has some really strong genes!  Not as strong as Clark's, but they do last for a few generations.  I won't say how many or that will ruin the surprise  ;).

Chapter 3- Welcome, Rena!

The pains hit me on my way home from the Library.  (The woman in the background reminds me of a teenage Banana Dreamweaver... :o)

I called Hiller and we headed to the Hospital.  A short time later, we welcomed our daughter: Kurenai Sakura (Kurenai is crimson in Japanese).  She is Artistic and Excitable.

With Kurenai-whom we call Rena-in the family now, we had to add on to the house.  Here is what the updated house looks like:

When he wasn't doting over his little princess, Rena, Hiller was continuing the race to make 25 ice sculptures.  Unfortunately, he ran into a bit of a roadblock...

...but he recovered and was able to reach the title of Ice Personality and complete my Young Adult sculpture just moments before my Adult birthday (Author's note: Hiller started sculpting Haiiro and then about 5 seconds after he completed it, she aged up.  Talk about waiting until the last second!).

Sadly, I aged up in the bathroom.

Then, it was right back outside to have Hiller do my Adult portrait and sculpture.  Shortly after my Adult birthday, we had another birthday in the household.  It was Rena's birthday!  Hiller beat me to her crib and proudly carried his daughter to the cake.

Rena is the spitting image of her father.

She is just the sweetest little girl! 

After her birthday, Hiller and I began teaching Rena all of her nooboo skills. 

Of course, there was some play time in between.

I was sure to tell Rena early on about my Great Grandma's book and the Dynasty requirements.  I wanted to make sure that she knew that she had a huge responsibility to take on when she was older. 

In other news, I built my wonderful husband his own art studio.  He now has his own room to paint and sculpt, and hopefully one day, be able to share this room with his daughter.

How did I get enough money to build the art studio?  Some of the special seeds that Hiller brought home for me from his fishing trips turned out to be money trees! 

Over 200+ views already!  Thank you to everyone who has been reading so far.  I hope to read more of your comments as we progress in the story  ;D 

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
Great start so far! Wow, talk about cutting it close with the ice sculptures! Rena is adorable, and her eyes are gorgeous. I can't wait to read more!

Offline nullifidian

• Nooboo
It's always good to get money trees so early in the family. :)

Offline butterfly

• Immortal
Rena is sooo cute!!! Hooray for the money trees! ;D

anything