Author Topic: The Sakura Immortals: Epilogue- Looking to the Future (Oct 10)- COMPLETE  (Read 59466 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura Immortals: Chapter 47- Unexpected Loss (Sept 20)
« Reply #165 on: September 22, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
Awwww... I feel for Mo, it's sad losing a loved one.

It was kind of sweet though, that Michael called Mo for one more date before he died.  He wanted to be with her at the end  :'(

Chapter 48- Hat Trick

My birthday rolled around that weekend but no one really felt like celebrating much.  However, I was going to age up regardless so I went up to the cake and prepared myself to enter adulthood.

As before, I aged up with my Dad's hair.

I seriously considered leaving my hair that way but ultimately decided against it.  I parted my hair to the side and then met Grandma Rena upstairs in the art studio for my second to last museum pieces.

Mom and I started to feel a little better about Dad's passing as the days went by.  Sure, it hurt, but living in a house full of people familiar with losing loved ones really helped because they knew how to make us feel better.  Things eventually went back to normal.  Mom worked on her guitar skill and I worked on my novels.  Grandma Mizu worked on her Logic skill and she finally maxed it.

I also got my final promotion at work and was now the head of the game company.  I got a snazzy suit to wear to work and some fancy sunglasses too.

Now that my career was done, I was able to focus completely on my books.  Grandpa Hiller told me that he really enjoyed my work.  Apparently, I was really popular in the ghost world.

Speaking of the ghost world, Grandpa Ori prevented this lady from going there while the family enjoyed a movie together.

Never a dull moment for a doctor!

Grandpa Ori did have some free time though.  He played the bass and finally maxed the skill.

My next birthday was approaching faster than I wanted.  I feared that I would not be able to supermax my writing skill in time.  I still had a lot of books left to publish before I would complete all of the skill challenges.  Mom told me that I needed to take a break and clear my head.  I booked another trip to Egypt to continue working on my Visa level.

A few days into my vacation, I did it.  I reached Level 3 of my Visa and was able to purchase a vacation house here.  As a family, we had a hat trick of vacation houses; one from each location.

What I was most looking forward to with this new vacation house was a desk that I could put my laptop on and work.  I was going to make the push to finish my last few novels so I would be ready to become immortal when I aged up into Elder.  We were so close.  I wasn't going to let my family wait longer than they had to.

The finish line was closer than ever now.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
Re: The Sakura Immortals: Chapter 48- Hat Trick (Sept 22)
« Reply #166 on: September 22, 2014, 04:21:57 PM »
Happy Birthday!

I just realized, as you come closer to the end of a dynasty, more and more pressure builds upon the heir(ess). Even though it should be obvious.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura Immortals: Chapter 48- Hat Trick (Sept 22)
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
Happy Birthday!

I just realized, as you come closer to the end of a dynasty, more and more pressure builds upon the heir(ess). Even though it should be obvious.

A lot of pressure on me too!  Shikon was like a week from becoming an Elder and still had a ton of books to write.  Then again, that's what I get for making him a romance novelist.

Chapter 49- Crossing the Finish Line

When I penned my last novel required to supermax my writing skill, I had to admit I felt pretty relieved.  I had completed all of my requirements.  Finally.  Now all I had to do was wait for my Elder birthday and I would become immortal.  It was still hard to wrap my brain around that one.  I was going to become immortal.  Once I did, the dynasty restrictions would be lifted and then Jeanna and I could have a chance at happiness.  That was definitely something I was looking forward to.  Thankfully I didn't have to wait too long for my Elder birthday because when I finished my last novel, it was only a few days away.

While all of my birthdays were special, this one was so important, not just to me but to everyone in the household.  All of the living and ghost Sakura's came down to the kitchen to celebrate with me.

I looked down at my birthday cake.  This was the last birthday that I would ever have.  This was what I worked my entire life for and now the moment had arrived.  I wasn't really sure how to react to all of this.

And suddenly, I was old!

Grandma H told me that I shouldn't even bother updating my Elder wardrobe.  I asked her why and she just smiled and told me that I'd find out soon enough.  Before I could press her for more information, Grandma Rena whisked me away to the art studio to take care of my final museum pieces.  When I realized that they were my final pieces, I was pretty excited.  This was it.  I posed for my pieces immediately, forgetting that my pose in my undies would now be in ice and in paint for all eternity.

When my portrait and sculpture sitting was done, Grandma H called me down to the kitchen.  She had prepared a plate of Ambrosia for me.  I sat down at the kitchen table, ready to complete the last of my requirements.

For upon their old age and completion of their tasks
the Dynasty is complete at last
When the Eighth completes their duties to the Dynasty
they and the previous heirs will all be free
Begin again, live life how they've only dreamed to,
Be with or bring back loves, some old, some new

My name is Shikon Sakura and I am the final Sakura Immortal.

Generation Eight- The 8th Immortal

Name: Shikon Sakura
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author
Career: Video Game Developer
Supermax Skill: Writing
Other Skills: Logic
Building: Sakura Family Coffeehouse
Property: Sakura-Romero Animal Park
3 Lifetime Rewards: Acclaimed Author, The Hustler, Meditative Trance Sleep
6 Black Ops:

Stinky Bugs
The Boiler Room
The Gossip Column
Save the Herding
The Pyramids
Promotional Pomp and Circumstances

6 Best Friends:

Momoiro Sakura
Timmothy Siew
Jeanna Grimes
Dusty Darnell
Janine Shipp
Toni Driscoll

Traits: Artistic, Hates the Outdoors, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Workaholic, Genius* (*Nerd Influence)
Favorite Color: White
Immortality Achieved at Age: 69

Here are all of Shikon's books.  They're all Romance novels because those are worth more simoleons:

The Sakura Immortals
Haiiro: The First
Haiiro and Hiller
The Grey Chef
Kurenai: The Second
Rena and Marcos
The Crimson Scultpor
Daidaiiro: The Third
Sunny and DD
The Golden Hammer
Chairo: The Fourth
ChaCha and Blaine
The Brown Painter
Mizuiro: The Fifth
Mizu and Steve
Blue Belts
Oriibuiro: The Sixth
Ori and Gena
The Olive Alchemist
Momoiro: The Seventh
Mo and Michael: The Love that Could Not Be
The Pink Starlet
Shikon: The Eighth

We were now, officially, the Sakura Immortals.

The Eighth Immortal...can't believe the Sakura's are finished!  I will post everyone's final stats, as well as photos of the immortal museum.  There will be an epilogue, so stay tuned!!!

And, until then, I want to know: Who was your favorite heir?  Post a comment if you'd like to share  :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Sakura Immortals: Chapter 49- Crossing the Finish Line (Sept 24)
« Reply #168 on: September 24, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »
Congratulations on your accomplishment. I know you'll be answering this for the HoF, but what was the hardest part for you? For me it seems to be slogging on through the tedious parts.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #169 on: September 24, 2014, 01:59:37 PM »
Congratulations on your accomplishment. I know you'll be answering this for the HoF, but what was the hardest part for you? For me it seems to be slogging on through the tedious parts.

I definitely can agree with that.  For me, I played this file for about 2 months straight with no breaks to play other families/challenges.  After a while, it kind of became a chore instead of fun.  But I was so close to finishing that I just powered through.  The Sakura's are actually in the HoF already, so you can check them out if you'd like  ;D

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2014, 04:18:30 PM »
Congratulations!

He's a romance novelist!? I can see that. Y'know, considering that so far, he didn't get any kiddos of his own.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #171 on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »
Wow, congrats on finishing another Immortal Dynasty! You have great dedication to get through this as quickly as you did and good writing skill to entertain us along the way. Thanks for posting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2014, 12:08:17 PM »
Congratulations!

He's a romance novelist!? I can see that. Y'know, considering that so far, he didn't get any kiddos of his own.

I like to do romance novels because they tend to make more royalties (I think they're listed as 4/5 simoleons under the writing skill menu).  I personally am a mystery writer, so it's an experience for me too!

Wow, congrats on finishing another Immortal Dynasty! You have great dedication to get through this as quickly as you did and good writing skill to entertain us along the way. Thanks for posting!

Thanks so much!  I was having a bad day yesterday and your comment made me smile  :)

Chapter 50- Final Stats & Museum Pieces

Here are all the immortals and their museum pieces.  I'll also include everyone's final stats and well as some fun stats that I put together concerning their museums.  All museums are decorated to their namesake and their favorite color.

The Founder

Name: Haiiro Sakura (haiiro-grey)
Lifetime Wish: The Culinary Librarian
Career: Culinary
Supermax Skill: Cooking
Other Skills: Gardening, Logic
Building: Sakura Family Bookstore & Coffee
Property: Cherry Tree Beach
3 Lifetime Rewards: Discount Diner, No Bills Ever, Super Green Thumb
6 Black Ops: New High Quality Ingredients, Grape-Aid, Spying on the Cuisine, A Catering Fracas, Falafel Portfolio, Uncommonly Good
6 Best Friends: Zac Whipsnake, Benjamin Schmidt, Juanita Blanco, Hiller Flint, Hailey Shepard, Alaina Shephard

Traits: Bookworm, Genius, Good, Natural Cook, Workaholic
Spouse: Hiller Flint
Favorite Color: Turquoise

Museum Worth: $63,958

Generation Two

Name: Kurenai "Rena" Sakura (kurenai-crimson)
Lifetime Wish: Renaissance Sim
Career: Sculptor
Supermax Skill: Sculpting
Other Skills: Painting, Guitar, Drums, Social Networking
Building: Sakura Art Theatre
Property: Cherry Tree Consignment Center
3 Lifetime Rewards: Artisan Crafter, Extra Creative, Fireproof Homestead
6 Black Ops: Scavenger Hunt: Beetle Quest, Art-a-Thon, A Small Painting, Help the School, Sims on Ice, The Business of Decor
6 Best Friends: Haiiro Sakura, Rita Partridge, Santos Rice, Beverly Marcum, Gwendolyn Armstrong, Marcos Butts

Traits: Excitable, Artistic, Perfectionist, Savvy Sculptor, Family Oriented
Spouse: Marcos Butts
Favorite Color: Orange

Museum Worth: $136,837

Generation Three

Name: Daidaiiro "DD" Sakura (daidaiiro- orangey/yellow)
Lifetime Wish: Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder
Career: Science
Supermax Skill: Mechanical
Other Skills: Fishing, Gardening
Building: The Cherry Tree Saloon
Property: Cherry Blossom Cemetery
3 Lifetime Rewards: Jetsetter, Watering Hole Regular, Strong Stomach
6 Black Ops: Old Ladies Crossing, A Fishy Science Project, Learn a Thing or Two, Fix It!, Relic Research, Lobsters in Demand!
6 Best Friends: Kurenai Sakura, Irvin Newby, Mayra Schneider, Kate Gant, Dominique Sherman, Christina Romano

Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Easily Impressed, Angler, Family Oriented, Handy
Spouse: Sunny Sakura
Favorite Color: Irish Green

Museum Worth: $124,652

Generation Four

Name: Chairo "ChaCha" Sakura (chairo-brown)
Lifetime Wish: Street Credible
Career: Art Appraiser- Appraiser Branch
Supermax Skill: Street Art
Other Skills: Logic, Guitar, Painting, Piano, Drums
Building: Sakura Warehouse
Property: Sakura Family Public Library
3 Lifetime Rewards: Eye Candy, Opportunistic, Dirt Defiant
6 Black Ops: Archeology Exhibit, Side Job Delivery, Skilled Painting, Advanced Training, Commissioned Street Art, Musical Assembly
6 Best Friends: Daidaiiro Sakura, Randi Waterman, Karla Bright, Lynne Garcia, Blaine Willoughby, Karri Harlow

Traits: Artistic, Genius, Lucky, Rebellious, Avant Garde*, Family Oriented (*Rebel Influence)
Spouse: Blaine Willoughby
Favorite Color: Hot Pink

Museum Worth: $93,529

Generation Five

Name: Mizuiro "Mizu" Sakura (mizuiro- light blueish)
Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection
Career: Law Enforcement- Forensics Branch
Supermax Skill: Martial Arts
Other Skills: Athletic, Painting, Logic
Building: Cherry Tree Books & Spa
Property: Sakura Family Fitness Center
3 Lifetime Rewards: Steel Bladder, Multi-Tasker, Legendary Host
6 Black Ops: The Muscle Hustle, Celebrity Body, Muscle Showdown, Whistle While You Police, Push it!, Meditation Begins
6 Best Friends: Chairo Sakura, Rahsaan Wilkes, Steve Villareal, Jayme Younger, Danie Chatman, Dena Locklear

Traits: Disciplined, Athletic, Brave, Family Oriented, Workaholic
Spouse: Steve Villareal

Museum Worth: $71,334

Generation Six

Name: Oriibuiro "Ori" Sakura (oriibuiro- olive green)
Lifetime Wish: Alchemy Artisan
Career: Medical
Supermax Skill: Alchemy
Other Skills: Logic, Bass
Building: Sakura Family Hospital
Property: Cherry Tree Elixers & Sundries
3 Lifetime Rewards: Hardly Hungry, Professional Slacker, Fertility Treatment
6 Black Ops: Pile of Permission Slips, Work/School Learning Project, Caring for the Careless, Respect the Woo Woos, Equipment Arrival, The Appropriately Named Deathfish
6 Best Friends: Mizuiro Sakura, Sammi Major, Lashonda Douglas, Wyatt Meyers, Cheyenne Wu, Sherita Copeland

Traits: Easily Impressed, Genius, Supernatural Fan, Bookworm, Family Oriented
Spouse: Gena Torres
Favorite Color: Black

Museum Worth: $68,602

Generation Seven

Name: Momoiro "Mo" Sakura (momoiro-pinkish/peach)
Lifetime Wish: Superstar Actress
Career: Film- Actress Branch
Supermax Skill: Charisma
Other Skills: Guitar
Building: Sakura Movie Studios
Property: Cherry Tree Art Park
3 Lifetime Rewards: Observant, Office Hero, Attractive
6 Black Ops: Research Project, Lots of Drama, Best Food in Town, Background Acting, Broadway Cameo, Emergency Interviewer
6 Best Friends: Oribuiiro Sakura, Darcy Corona, Sean Comer, Jeanette Ashby, Quinton Pereria, Erwin Link

Traits: Friendly, Excitable, Good Sense of Humor, Charismatic, Start Quality
Boyfriend: Michael Romero
Favorite Color: Irish Green

Museum Worth: $60,413

Generation Eight

Name: Shikon Sakura (shikon-blue/purple)
Lifetime Wish: Professional Author
Career: Video Game Developer- Engineer Branch
Supermax Skill: Writing
Other Skills: Logic
Building: Sakura Family Coffeehouse
Property: Sakura-Romero Animal Park
3 Lifetime Rewards: Acclaimed Author, The Hustler, Meditative Trance Sleep
6 Black Ops: Stinky Bugs, The Boiler Room, The Gossip Column, Save the Herding, The Pyramids, Promotional Pomp and Circumstances
6 Best Friends: Momoiro Sakura, Jeanna Grimes, Timmothy Siew, Dusty Darnell, Janine Shipp, Toni Driscoll

Traits: Artistic, Hates the Outdoors, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Workaholic, Genius* (*Nerd Influence)
Girlfriend: Jeanna Grimes

Museum Worth: $42,645

Miscellaneous Stats

Completed: Week 53, Day 1

Most Valuable Museum Piece: DD's Child sculpture
Least Valuable Museum Piece: Mo's Elder portrait

Most Valuable Painting: Rena's YA portrait
Least Valuable Painting: Mo's Elder portrait

Most Valuable Sculpture: DD's Child sculpture
Least Valuable Sculpture: Shikon's Elder sculpture

Most Valuable Museum: Rena's
Least Valuable Museum: Shikon's

Favorite Museum: Mizu's

Stay tuned for an epilogue!  In the meantime, I want to hear: who is your favorite heir?  Who has your favorite museum?  Post a comment if you'd like to share  ;D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sakura Immortals: Chapter 50- Final Stats & Museum Pieces (Sept 26)
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2014, 01:07:37 PM »
I didn't even realize all the names were colors! My favorite heir was ChaCha, I think. I also liked Kurenai and Momori. Ori has my fave museum!

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
Congratulations on finishing! I have enjoyed reading your story. Mizu is probably my favourite immortal.

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »
To be entirely honest with you, I barley read a word of that last post. Stats never concerned me anyway! Yes, I just parodied a Let it Go line.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #176 on: September 26, 2014, 05:28:37 PM »
Congrats!!! I think my favorite is Mo, a like her style and her museum.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
Congratulations on your second immortal dynasty! My favourite is ChaCha, she is just awesome.
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
I didn't even realize all the names were colors! My favorite heir was ChaCha, I think. I also liked Kurenai and Momori. Ori has my fave museum!

One vote for ChaCha!

Congratulations on finishing! I have enjoyed reading your story. Mizu is probably my favourite immortal.

One vote for Mizu!

To be entirely honest with you, I barley read a word of that last post. Stats never concerned me anyway! Yes, I just parodied a Let it Go line.

I got bored typing it.  I like that song.  I have it on my Mp3  :)

Congrats!!! I think my favorite is Mo, a like her style and her museum.

One vote for Mo!

Congratulations on your second immortal dynasty! My favourite is ChaCha, she is just awesome.

Two votes for ChaCha.  Appears that she's the favorite  :D

Epilogue- To Begin Again (Part I)

I can't deny that I have a huge grin on my face as I write this.  It's been a long time since I, Haiiro, have had this notebook but now that I do, it only means one thing: we had done it.  We were now immortal!  I was so proud when Shikon gave me this notebook back.  Getting this back meant that we were done and we could begin again.  We all sat for our final portrait, the portrait as the Sakura Immortals.  After that, we all just kind of looked at each other, silently asking, what now?  As the head of the family, everyone turned to me to see what the next step was.  I let them know that we were now free of the dynasty restrictions and we could live life how we wanted to.  That took a moment to sink in.  As my family was mulling this over, I took the opportunity to give each of them a special gift.  This time, instead of a deathflower, I gave them the special potion I had been working on: a Young Again potion.  I counted to three and we all drank it at the same time.

Then, instead of getting older, we all felt the years just draining away and the youthfulness and energy of years past slowly flowing back into our bodies.  Mizu went first.

Then DD.

Rena was third.

I went next.

Shikon was fifth.

Ori was after that.

ChaCha was seventh.

And Mo was last.

It was a weird, but welcome sensation, being young again.  We had all been old for so long-except for Shikon-that it was just so indescribable.  We weren't done there, though.  We had one more thing we needed to do before we could go off and enjoy our lives.  Despite the losses and sorrows that we had faced from the dynasty requirements, we did have a lot of happiness too.  Because of this happiness, we were able to officially become immortal and freeze our ages, but as Young Adults this time. 

Once that was all over, we all looked at each other and...laughed.  We had aged down, I guess you could call it, into some terrible looking outfits.  To the dressers, stat!

I have to cut this into two posts because it's over 25 screenshots.  Expect the next post momentarily.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2014, 11:52:19 AM »
Epilogue- To Begin Again (Part II)

Some of the earliest heirs, including myself, spent a little extra time in front of the mirror.  We just kept looking at ourselves in awe, not in a vain way, just amazed at the accomplishment and tremendous feat that we had worked hundreds and hundreds of years for.  Suddenly, we were young again. 

Haiiro

Rena

DD

ChaCha

Mizu

Ori

Mo

Shikon

After we all changed back into our desired outfits, we all, again, wondered: what now?  We had an eternity to spend doing whatever we pleased and with whomever we pleased.  I had received an important phone call with an opportunity early in the dynasty, just after my darling Hiller passed away.  It was now time to call in that favor.

anything