Author Topic: EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!  (Read 17848 times)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!
« on: July 16, 2014, 10:48:19 PM »
Hopefully this doesn't break the rules. If it does, feel free to give me a slap on the wrist. :)

EA are upgrading all copies of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Collection for free.

Every expansion. Every stuff pack. Free! You just need The Sims 2 registered.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/16/the-sims-2-is-being-retired-ea-to-give-owners-a-free-ultimate-collection-upgrade/

EDIT: I just did this myself. I couldn't register The Sims 2 manually... had to contact EA via the live chat on their website.

Gave the very helpful lady the CD code, she added The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection to my account! Just had to close Origin, wait a few minutes and log back in! :)

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
Re: EA to give out The Sims 2 - Ultimate Collection for free!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:53:24 AM »
I was wondering where to post this news too. You beat me to it.

I got mine yesterday, and it actually made me want to install it again and play it for nostalgic reasons  ;D

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 05:54:34 AM »
The website links say it's only for Digital copes :,( Did I read this correctly?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 08:21:19 AM »
I was wondering where to post this news too. You beat me to it.

I got mine yesterday, and it actually made me want to install it again and play it for nostalgic reasons  ;D

I'm installing mine right now, though I'm not sure when/if I will play it.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
The website links say it's only for Digital copes :,( Did I read this correctly?

Before I got all of the physical copies I bought one EP digitally from Origin.  Because of that one copy I received the email and got the collection. 

On the official forums people are reporting that they contacted EA customer service  to have their physical copies registered to Origin and so got the collection. All they had to do was provide proof, as in a game code, that they owned the disc.

I'm happy to have this because my newer laptop is Windows 8.1 and I couldn't get anything but the base game to install and play.  With the digital copy it's working fine when I run it in Win 7 compatibility mode.

There are several threads going on over there if you want to check peoples results with customer service.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 12:04:25 PM »
I was unsure whether to post this or not as it was about Sims 2 when I saw it a few days ago. 

EA/Maxis even has an official FAQ page about it here:
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-faq/

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
I only had the physical copy, no download from Origin.

Spoke to EA on live chat, gave them my CD code and they applied the ultimate collection to my account. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 09:34:54 AM »
I got customer support to register my base game cd's a couple of days ago, no ultimate collection as yet although double deluxe showed up straight away, I'm sure it will happen though, if not I'll get in touch with them again.

I don't have all the stuff packs and only have ep's up to Bon Voyage so it will be nice to see how Sims 2 handled apartments and all the hobbies that came with Freetime. I reinstalled the base game a couple of months back, I played it to death when I first got it but hadn't touched it for years, compared to TS3 sims they seem to chat at a hundred miles an hour, talking over the top of each other while gesticulating wildly, I can see why many say TS3 sims seem wooden in comparison, I'd forgotten what they were like, unfortunately a few minutes in they were giving me a headache and I went back to my nice calm sims 3 game.

I shall definitely give this another go though when I get it.

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 12:03:38 PM »
I have all expansions and stuffpacks (-1 stuffpack, I think), both digital and physical copies. This will save me TONS of time when I have to reinstall TS2 next time. I have no doubt it will be a next time :p Thanks EA  o/
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 07:20:52 AM »
I have a physical copy of The Sims 2 which came with Family Fun Stuff, and Double Deluxe or something that I bought for my daughter because my original Sims 2 disc seemed to be lost (and as with most lost things, turned up after I bought the new one). I couldn't register either, so went to the Customer Service and used the chat option to talk to a consultant. I have to say it was my best Customer Service experience ever. After verifying my account details, they gave me a code for the Ultimate collection, and am now downloading it :)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »
I have to say, I am VERY surprised just how good EA customer support actually is. :)

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »
I know this is a Sims 3 forum and feel free to remove this if it's too off-topic, but for those players who own either a digital copy of any of the Sims 2 base game or EPs via Origin, EA is giving out The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection as a thank you gift as it retires the game from tech support.  The Ultimate Collection download on Origin includes all of the Sims 2 EPs and SPs.

For those players who own a physical disc of the Sims 2 base game or any of the EPs, if you have the original disc and product key, EA will allow you to register your game on Origin to receive the Ultimate Collection as well.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 10:09:20 PM »
I put this up in the babble board ;)

Registered my physical copy via EA Live help. Worked fine.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:18 PM »
Oh, sorry.  :)  I did a search on the forum for Sims 2 before I posted, but I guess I missed it!  :-[

I have to dig out my discs.  They're around somewhere, but I just haven't looked for them in a long time.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 02:11:40 PM »
I'm merging this with the man thread about the TS2 promotion.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything