Author Topic: A huge thanks  (Read 12525 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
A huge thanks
« on: August 01, 2014, 05:31:41 PM »
As you all know it is the end of an era here on the challenge board and there will be no more Sims 3 challenges.
I would like to say a huge thank you to each and everyone of you that has participated in the forums Sims 3 challenges over the years.
Without you guys we wouldn't have a tourney and we appreciate the time and effort you put in to taking part.
It has been so much fun to work alongside Rica,Nutella,\Blackrosea and Trip and a great big thank you to the main boss man our very own Metropolis Man who made it all happen.

Here's to many more years of dynasties and Sims 4 challenges.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: A huge thanks.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »
Hear, hear! Thanks to all the challenge staff. This has been a great year.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »
Many thanks to Metro, Rica, and Blackrosea for coming up with the challenges, and to Nutella, ratchie, and Trip for answering all our questions about them. I don't know how challenges and dynasties will work in Sims 4 -- something tells me our emotional sims will be less biddable -- but it will be fun finding out. 
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:48:36 AM »
Thank you challenge team past and present, I have had such fun, and frustration, doing these challenges I wish I had found them sooner than I did.

I'm not certain about moving on to Sims 4 as yet, but I still look forward to seeing what ideas it gives you for new challenges and dynasties, I've found them a great way for learning all those little tricks and ways to manage my sims better, I'm sure the same will apply for Sims 4.

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:22:36 AM »
I also want to give a huge thanks to the present (and past) challenge team! I had a lot of fun, some frustration and I learned a lot of tricks to keep my sims even happier then before.

I don't know if I will buy the sims 4 as I don't know if my computer can hadle it, but until I get a new computer I will keep playing the sims 3 and redo some of the earlier challenges when I didn't know about this forum.

Femke82

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 05:04:55 AM »
My Granny always said, "Every era has to end, and new will begin, you could stay sad for a time, but nothing will change it, so instead look forward to the new opportunities that will show in the new era."

And I think that is rather fitting here, I had five wonderfull years with the challenges our great team has come up with, 5 years where this forum has been part of my life, so much that even one boyfriend left me because he thought competing in sims 3 was a bit to geeky. But I loved it and still do, and I cant wait to see what the great minds will come up with when we have Sims 4.

And I am also honoured that I could help out once in a while with spreadsheets for the team, and should I be needed again I will surely do my best to aid :)
Simply cant wait to see what the future brings.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 05:34:10 AM »
This is bringing a tear to my eye.  It's hard to believe that we've been doing this for almost five years and that now it's done.  I especially want to thank Metropolis Man for joining Carl and I those years ago and creating the entire challenge experience for us here with Sims 3.  Without Metro, there would have been no annual tournaments and no Dynasties.  Well done Metro, ratchie, Nutella, Blackrosea, Trip, and Ricalynn.  Very well done indeed!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »
Amen to that.  Kudos to the challenge team for many enjoyable hours of simming even after the actual challenge has come and gone!

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:19 AM »
Only if I found out about this sooner! It really made me have a lot of fun with the sims 3 again and helped me learn and do things I wouldn't have otherwise. I will be buying the sims 4 on release, but the sims 3 is still a lot of fun too! I wonder what kind of challenges there will be in the sims 4 and I would love to play them too. :D

I think this forum is just awesome.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 03:54:56 PM »
I want to join in thanking the Challenge Team.

Even though I only joined a few challenges, it was certainly a lot of fun. That includes reading strategies of challenges I didn't parcipitate in.
So thanks to you all!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 05:14:25 PM »
Congratulations to the Challenge Team for a very successful run with Sims 3, and a big thank you from me. You all helped provide entertainment for the community and friendly competition that helped people get more out of an open-ended game. Metro, I look forward to The Sims 4 and how it may inspire creative ideas with the new gameplay features you'll have at your disposal. You assembled a great team and I applaud you sir. I am glad you joined me but sorry for the Diablo 2 players I took you from - I tried one of those challenges and it was great, although I died as a hardcore. I did not do well in the few challenges I tried here with Sims 3, but admired the people who managed to come up with great strategies. So, thank you to everyone for participating and we look forward to the future!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 07:33:01 PM »
Thank you guys, this forum renewed my interest in the game and taught me so much about what it could really do. It inspired me to be more creative. I can't wait to see what's in the future.
- Jessica

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 08:10:28 PM »
I just started with the challenges this year. It was always fun and sometimes just plain hilarious. Thanks for making the game fresh again.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 09:45:28 AM »
It has been a great time playing the dynasty challenges, and helping with them too (really touched that I'm mentioned in the thank you message). I can't wait to see what this team can come up with for TS4, and I still plan to answer questions for dynasties over here for as long as we keep the threads open for. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
I'd like to add my thanks as well, Metro and the team have given us hours of enjoyment with these challenges and dynasties.  I've got Sim 4 on pre-order, just to keep playing challenges.   ;)
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

anything