Author Topic: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed  (Read 30992 times)

Offline Tipi

• Occult
Re: The Centari Legacy - SOS
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 10:01:18 AM »
This is so funny! I love your sense of humour. And I LOVE Celeste.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
Lol

It was then that I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food.

cracked me up :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
I am loving this legacy story.  Absolutely loving it.

Offline Slinky

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »
Wow, this is really well written and planned out.  I died laughing.  And now I'm hooked.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 02:43:22 AM »
Such a funny chapter  ;D Oh my gosh, what next?!?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2014, 03:05:10 AM »
This is so great!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 06:34:43 AM »
This is brilliant! Can't wait for more!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
Wow, I really loved this chapter ;D I was laughing the whole way through! Welcome little baby!

Cute, Tilia; very cute!

This is so great!

Cute, Tilia; very cute!

This is brilliant! Can't wait for more!

You guys are making me blush!  Thank you so much.  I really hope I can keep up the comedic tone in future generations :)

"I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food"...scared my cat laughing.

Lol

cracked me up :P

I confess I spent an inappropriate amount of time in the office last week wondering how Celeste would react to pregnancy, but the fear of marital betrayal was something that occurred to me on the fly while writing it, haha.

This is so funny! I love your sense of humour. And I LOVE Celeste.

I love her too.  I've had a lot of founders, but usually they are more reserved, responsible types.  Not to say she isn't responsible, but I think she's one of my more colorful original creations!

Wow, this is really well written and planned out.  I died laughing.  And now I'm hooked.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Such a funny chapter  ;D Oh my gosh, what next?!?

One of the great things about this particular challenge is the randomized traits on the kids.  I honestly have no idea what's coming myself!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - The Birthday Ritual
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 07:22:10 PM »
**Mission Dispatch - 023**  Birthday rituals

We named her Nebula.

My initial approach was to wheel the small coffin into our room and tell the baby that there is mac and cheese in the fridge if she wants it.  It did occur to me that perhaps she would require a ladder.  Davon disabused me of this notion, laughing all the while.

He then explained to me that I have a special, mother's way of feeding my children that is better for our relationship than the bottle.  I did not immediately determine that it was a sincere piece of information as it sounded so preposterous.

Once he had convinced me, I immediately assumed our baby had somehow ended up as the subspecies in our Earth transcripts known as "vampire." 

To this, Davon laughed heartily, prompting me to imitate him with what he calls my hand puppet.  I held it up and flapped my fingers like his lips, "Oh, I'm Davon, and I have superior insight because I'm native to Earth.  Look at me, I'm so smart."

We have what you would call a two fold relationship.  Yes, we are lovers, but it is remarkable just how close I consider the man on the level of friendship.

I have been working both on my career and being a "friend of the world" as was my mission.  Both are going successfully.  I kindly thank you for the congratulatory gift delivered to our lawn after Nebula was born.

I have been constructing it while my family sleeps.

The useless baby stage is very short.  When I proposed that Nebula should reach her toddling years soon, I got a very odd reaction from my husband.  Apparently this life stage does not presently exist.  Odd.  So it was that she went immediately from the coffin to childhood.  She is a bookworm, like me, who wishes to be a whiz kid.

This has led us to be officially classified as "BFFs."  I confess I find holding this regard to my daughter singularly thrilling.

I recently had what is known as a birthday.  In simlish culture, this only occurs five times in life.  For me, it was passage into adulthood from young adulthood.  For the occasion, Davon made me another cake, this dish as you know being a signifier of very important events on Earth.  It was blue!

For his own birthday, Davon made a simple white cake.  He is now an elder.

It is his dearest wish that we have another child before he is too old to raise one.  So, I have allowed him to feed me another parasite.  (Yes, I know.)

I'm surprised they let me on moon missions like that, in all honesty.

Davon keeps insisting we cannot continue to live in what he calls "the cube" forever.  The house was a makeshift solution and as such is difficult to expand.  But, we are not yet rich, so for now, Nebula will share her room with the new baby.

We placated her with bribery.  Bribery is a very good skill to learn if we ever make official contact with this species.  In short, it is the sacrifice of material or personal comfort for favors in the future.  Perhaps extending the Sim president an offer of a li'l tyke science station will get us permanent port here!

Baby #2 was born without major incident.  Her name is Astrid.

Because of the demands of my career and attempting to build my gift, childcare was largely left to Davon.  I'm not sure what he was doing with that fork, but I'm sure it was one of the many nuanced forms of human bonding.

I only ask when it seems important.  Otherwise I try to find it in books.  The only explanation I've been able to locate was a very confusing story about a fish person infiltrating human society by making a deal with an octopus.  She seemed to use the fork as a hairbrush, but Astrid is bald, so that cannot be it.

Largely, we live by routine.  Everyone on track and happy.  Mission control, I am happy.  It feels like having a perfect, soft aura of neutral temperature. 

I will leave you of a picture of my Astrid as a child.  She is a geek with an aspiration to be an artistic prodigy.  Who knows what the future will bring!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 07:35:16 PM »
They're both really lovely kids. :)

And I did notice how reserved and formal all of your previous founders seemed. Even Shawnya acted pretty reasonable. I was fine with those personalities but I'm having a hearty laugh at Celeste's narrative voice and that feels great.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »
Wow, loving the tone and personality of this story. Looking forward to following this one.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »

I only ask when it seems important.  Otherwise I try to find it in books.  The only explanation I've been able to locate was a very confusing story about a fish person infiltrating human society by making a deal with an octopus.  She seemed to use the fork as a hairbrush, but Astrid is bald, so that cannot be it.

I'm rolling on the floor! Can't wait to see more!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - En Famille
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 10:10:19 PM »
They're both really lovely kids. :)

And I did notice how reserved and formal all of your previous founders seemed. Even Shawnya acted pretty reasonable. I was fine with those personalities but I'm having a hearty laugh at Celeste's narrative voice and that feels great.

I do have my kind of general comfort zone for putting these things together.  I'll tell you the loss of control on the traits is a learning experience for me.

Wow, loving the tone and personality of this story. Looking forward to following this one.

Thank you!  Hope to hear more from you :)

I'm rolling on the floor! Can't wait to see more!

Yes, but what *was* he doing with the fork?  :p

-------

**Mission Dispatch - 030** Failed First Attempts

I am happiest when we are spending time en famille.  My girls are the highlight of my life.

Astrid has become close friends with a boy named Thaddeus.  She calls him Tad.

While I support this concept of friendship, I have warned my Astrid not to eat anything Thaddeus gives her until she is an adult and ready to start a family.  I suppose I don't entirely trust the boy.

Nebula, panicking about her childhood aspiration, spent most of her free time to herself, not taking much to Tad.

Alas, completing her aspiration was not to be just simply due to ill luck of her birthday shortening her number of school days.  We encouraged her not to fret and baked her a lovely cake.

She grew into a Good teenager and rolled the aspiration "Master of Mischief."  (Here, feel free to correct Celeste, but I'm not sure if you can wait until young adulthood to choose an aspiration.  Both Nebula and Astrid went with the one they rolled as teens).

Meanwhile, as you know, I completed my ship.  I should be able to deliver all microscopic samples soon.

Once it is rebuilt, that is.

As it stands, it looks like Astrid is likely to finish her childhood aspiration, and thus take the lead as heir apparent.

**Mission Dispatch - 033** - Repairs and Improvements

The ship is repaired.  I ... will use it for its intended purpose soon.

As predicted, Astrid indeed completed her childhood aspiration.  She will officially be our heir.

She has grown up Outgoing (like me) and wishes to be a mansion baron.  Davon finds this amusing considering we are still living in "the cube."

Because she has an edge as a creative mind from her aspiration, she has purchased both an easel and an adult-sized violin.

Tad aged up into a reasonably attractive boy.  He will do if she decides to take him as a spouse.

For now, we have to work on getting this house how she likes it.  And I'm helping pay for that.  See you soon, Mission Control.

**Mission Dispatch - 040** - Alone

There's a perverse sort of pleasure in seeing yourself and the one you love reflected in your offspring.  It is not quite the same as similar aurae in bonded orbs.

This resemblance is most important when it serves as a reminder.  Something ... well, just awful happened.

This dusty old coot with a multitab showed up and stood on Davon's head.

He sighed at me and told me I was messing up his paperwork and to get out of the way, and now ... now he's gone.  Davon, I mean.  The guy in the raincoat stayed and ate some of our mac and cheese for a while.

Anyway, I'm experiencing something akin to lightlessness.  It's rather unfortunate.  All of this occurred on the eve of Nebula's young adult birthday while she was sleeping.  While they both were.

She chose to age up on her own the following day and the poor thing has become insane.  It's for the best the strain of the legacy won't sit on her shoulders.

My other daughter has some emotional support, which is lucky.

For me, I will simply hold to my memories and my transcripts.  I knew this day would come.  It's okay.  When I am dead and no family members remain who remember us, we will be released into the ether and will return to Centari together.

Excuse any delay in my upcoming reports, mission control.  I just need some time to remember what it was like en famille

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 10:15:29 PM »
RIP Davon. :(

Something about TS4 makes teens look a little too mature, which makes Neb look like she's 30 already. Astrid is super-pretty though. Glad she got picked for heiress.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2014, 05:21:51 AM »
Your writing style is really hilarious. And the two parasites :P are adorable :D

anything