Author Topic: The Sims 4 Mixology Recipes  (Read 18499 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Mixology Recipes
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »
Much like other careers, as your Sim increases their Mixology skill, other things open up.  This post is mostly a list for the various drink recipes one may learn.

For the following, be aware some are available if you reach a certain level in a career, others require your Sim to be in a certain Emotional state, or completing the Master Mixologist Aspiration.

Finally, there are some Recipes available only if you have the Up All Night Digital Content which can be found here:
The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade

Level 1
•  Juice on the Rocks
•  Sweet and Spicy
•  Alien Juice (You need to be a Level 8 Astronaut - Interstellar Smuggler)
•  Space Energy (You need to be a Level 8 Astronaut - Space Ranger)

Level 2
•  Tang and Zing
•  Wrench
•  Boiler Room (you need to be Angry)

Level 3
•  Ridgeport
•  Cupid Juice (you need to be Flirty)

Level 4
•  Dim and Gusty

Level 5
•  Salty Llama
•  (Your Sim's Name) Special (you need to reach Level 6 Culinary in the Mixology branch)
•  Prose and Pop (you need to be Inspired)

Level 6
•  Sea Splash

Level 7
•  Sour Punch
•  Love Potion #4 (you need to be Flirty)

Level 8
•  Silent Film

Level 9
•  Simsmapolitan

Level 10
•  Granny Smash
•  Shadow Realm
•  Sunset Valley

Additionally, you can unlock the following potions if you complete the Master Mixologist Aspiration
•  Energized Potion
•  Flirty Potion
•  Focused Potion
•  Happy Potion
•  Inspired Potion

Up All Night Digital Content Recipes
Level 1
•  Flaming Zesty Salt

Level 2
•  Buffalo Wing Tea

Level 3
•  Zebra Fizz

Level 4
•  Sea of Fire

Level 8
•  Hot and Smokey

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Mixology Recipes
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
This is great information Bri! Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
I haven't investigated Mixology at all yet, so am grateful to see this list pop up. I wasn't aware you needed the upgrade to get all of them, so that'll be a bit frustrating for me to write on.. but at least it's functional without that - particularly those that boost emotions via the Aspiration. That's the kind of stuff Mixology will be super useful for, and it's important it be in the core game. Thanks for sharing :)

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 07:20:56 AM »
Thanks for the list Bri  :) Does anyone know yet what happens when you drink each drink? Do they get a moodlet or emotional change? And the better the drink the more potent the resulting reaction?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 06:42:03 PM »
Just some detail on drinking 'Snaggle Fluster'. Which gives you a  Dazed +3 moodlet.

Explanation:

Snaggle Fuster is a drink that a mixologist can make after they choose to buy a potion book from a mystical hermit in a txt/work adventure/opportunity. I didn't realize exactly what it was at the time so I didn't write it down but here is what happens when you drink it.

1. Smooth Sipping, Happy +1 (just like any drink)
2. Dazed +3, Snaggle Flustered. That Snaggle Fluster is wreaking havoc on *Sims name* tummy, but she feels like she could learn anything right now. 3 Hours.

It seems to exponentially increase skill learning rate... and I mean big time. You can nearly learn a whole skill level from one drink. The down side is your sim's bladder decays so fast that I now have them drink it sitting on the toilet as that way your sim can nearly last the three hour moodlet without peeing themselves. I levelled my sim up to level 9 in violin in one afternoon using these drinks non-stop. Trouble is I guess you can't guarantee that the work txt opportunity will actually come up for your sim.

*edited, it costs $50 to make and they don't go off. I had my mixologist make over 100 and they are still fully functioning and have not gone off and she's been dead for nearly a whole generation as her grandchildren are now drinking them to skill up.
Only teens, young adults, adults and elders can drink the Snaggle Fluster.

**Edited in 2018 to add details I didn't know at the time of making this post: The work opportunity only occurs at Level 9 of the Mixology Branch of the Culinary career track and only if your sim has maxed the mixology skill. To get this work opp go to work very inspired with level 10 mixology skill at L9 of the career and don't allow them to get the promotion to Level 10 of the career until you have successfully completed the work opp for the recipe.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
I know this is a super old thread but I've never gotten the snagglefluster before and had a question about it. Do you know if you need to be very inspired to get it? I send my sims to work inspired every day, but so far nada. I read somewhere that you have to be either very confident or very inspired, does anyone know if this is true or have you gotten the opportunity in just regular inspired or even happy?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 12:13:41 AM »
@rika1431
I don't think a specific mood is required--I always send my mixologist to work Very Inspired.

However, the snagglefluster receipt is only available through a chance card after your Mixologist reaches Level 9 but before they max the career.
Once your sim maxes the Mixologist career, that particular sim can never learn the recipe.
If you really want the recipe, it's worth deliberately keeping your sim's Charisma too low to get promoted to Level 10.
Or your sim household could own their own restaurant and put it on the menu. ;-)

Good luck. :D

By the way, the forum expert on snaggleflusters is @Playalot so I'm tagging her here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 10:24:01 PM »
lol 'snugglefluster expert' heh...

Very Inspired will increase the odds that the work opportunity will come up and very confident will too but of the two I'd pick Very Inspired for an almost guaranteed chance at the work opportunity.

I've always found the only way to get it is level 10 mixology skill but it only appears (as ozhisu said) at Level 9 of the career.

There's an old thread here that explains it all, note that the work opportunity has been retuned a little and is much easier to get it now than back in 2014.

There's also some stats on the amygdelight mixology drink on this post, note that you can now make it at Level 1 mixology compared to L8 back in 2014 but if you want to use mixology for leveling these two drinks are your go-to.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 05:53:52 PM »
One thing that happens, and it seems to have changed within the last few years, is that if you use it while exercising, you will quickly work the effects off. It won't last long. Something else, that I haven't confirmed, is that it doesn't seem to be as powerful, when you have a steel bladder. I wasn't able to extensively test that & it was a long time ago. Also, you can sell your glass after drinking it. Sometimes, I get a moodlet solver, to chase it, so I don't have to make a bathroom break. You only need to use it once, per glass of S'Fluster.

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
Also, the happy potion can be deadly, if you take it in conjunction with the Light Tea, at the humor festival.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 07:37:46 PM »
snip... Something else, that I haven't confirmed, is that it doesn't seem to be as powerful, when you have a steel bladder. I wasn't able to extensively test that & it was a long time ago. snip..
I haven't noticed that but any other buffs a particular sim has will stack with this drink. So if a sim has the bonus trait of say Quick Learner then this % of skill accelerated learning will still be there on top of the boost from the snagglefluster. So some sims will benefit more from drinking it than others. At the very least it is possible to gain 3 levels of skills from each drink if you manage your sims needs well. I've had a sim gain 5 levels of a skill from one glass due to various other skill boosting buffs, so it can be quite OP really.