Author Topic: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood (Finished)  (Read 294316 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Man Dynasty 5.0 — This Time it's for Total Manhood
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2011, 03:27:34 PM »
And I too wonder what Metro is planning!

Hmmm...now you've got me kind of curious too.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »
Hmmm...now you've got me kind of curious too.
Lol how can you not know?? You saying Metro has his own plan and you have nothing to do with it?  ;D ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2011, 05:11:38 PM »
Lol how can you not know?? You saying Metro has his own plan and you have nothing to do with it?  ;D ;D

Well, sometimes I'm not told and I get frustrated. Obviously, it's not that I have nothing to do it with it. But, a simple miscommunication between Metro the Sim and Metro the Me can really gunk things up.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
Lol you're hilarious! I thought Metro the sim does whatever Metro the you tells him too!

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #529 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
Metro, when you're done with the dynasty could you upload Crazy Man? Yes, I am obsessed.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:53 AM »
Wow, Crazy is this popular? :o
Formerly Simstar3

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2011, 11:53:35 AM »
Metro, when you're done with the dynasty could you upload Crazy Man? Yes, I am obsessed.

I'm sorry, but I will not be putting any of the Mans on the Swap Shop. But, I am flattered and appreciate your comment. Crazy is getting a lot of attention in my next update, so stay tuned.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #532 on: January 29, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
EeyoreWrite Mans Up to Ambrosia

When I reached the Local Representative level (#5) a new job metric was added, Campaign Funds. With that in mind, EeyoreWrite’s biggest birthday of all finally came, her Elder one, and I decided to host a Campaign Fundraiser! It was a wild financial success — how about 71k donated to the Campaign Funds metric? Wow! Yeah, I’d say that party was Epic.

Metro: “Lookin’ great, mom. Folks, grab some of this delicious cake and there’s a fish bowl by the front door for your donations as you leave.”

Now that EW was an Elder the only thing left to do was for Recipe to paint her Elder museum portrait. I finally cracked the 10k mark with a Masterpiece. Unbelievable. So, Recipe made 7 servings of Ambrosia and EeyoreWrite sat down at the coveted head of the table position since she was about to become immortalized. Congratulations, EeyoreWrite — Man Dynasty Immortal #7!

By Friday — the end of my first full week at City Hall — I reached the Local Representative position (#6). It was time to think about my long-term campaign strategy. The Mans have been established in Sunset Valley for generations, but victory was not assured. I had to get my name out there and I needed help. One of the first things I decided to do was to start marketing myself online. There are so many networking websites and so many free tools at one’s disposal. You just have to be willing to do some good old fashioned hard work...

SexyinSunsetValley: “Hi He-Man. What do you look like?”
PoliticalHe-Man: “Nothing special...if George Clooney and Brad Pitt had a baby — that would be me. Oops...gotta go. Don’t forget to vote next Tuesday.”

My online marketing research did not turn out to be quite as effective as I had hoped. I needed more help and turned to my family. I encouraged each of them to promote me throughout Sunset Valley with a back to basics meet and greet approach...

Recipe: “Hi folks. Want a little taste of the change coming to City Hall and Sunset Valley? Try some of this great food I’ve laid out before you. On the menu we’ve got Dim Sum, Lobster Thermidor, Tri-Tip Steak, Spoiled Key Lime Pie, Peanut Butter and Jelly, and Spoiled French Toast. C’mon, now...don’t be shy. Step up to the good taste of Metro’s new administration. After you toss your lunch from the spoiled food remember to get out there and vote.”

Queenie drove over to visit Tamsen Eckert...

Queenie: “4 out of 5 doctors—all handsomely paid for their endorsement, including me—recommend voting for Metropolis Man in the upcoming election next Tuesday. Here...just take this small pill before heading to the polls.
Tamsen: “Thank you. I’ll think about it.”
Queenie: “Hahaha. That’s the whole point of the pill. It does the thinking for you. C’mon now...bottoms up.”

Girly was all business as she held her own Central Park Power Meeting with Aurora Withers and Trevor Joyner...

Girly: “Metropolis Man is just good business for Sunset Valley. It’s time for a leveraged buyout. A corporate takeover! I’m just so excited about the potential for the new Metropolis administration I just split my pants. I mean my stock just split...I mean...just get out and vote next Tuesday, folks.”

I knew that roping Crazy onto the team was a crapshoot, but he was itching to help. I first talked to him about my ideas and how I felt he could best promote me...

Metro: “So, what do you think, Crazy? Ready to help out?”
Crazy: “I need to go to the bathroom and then take a warm bath and think about this.”

So, off Crazy went to the bathroom. He was gone a long time. A really long time. But, he finally emerged with his answer...

Crazy: “Hello, Sir. I want to talk to you about the upcoming election for Metropolis Man next Tuesday. He has many fine qualities. First of all...”

“I’m Metropolis Man you hammerhead! You do not need to convince me I’m the right Man for the job!

“You think this is some kind of joke? We’re talking about something a little more demanding than a bit part in Quest for Fire, Crazy. This is it, baby...we’re in the home stretch for this Dynasty and you had better pull your skull out of the sand. Now get out of here and go do something productive before I slap that Insanity right out of your head!”

Wow. That was pretty brutal of me. I had never talked to Crazy that way. I had never talked to anyone that way. But, this is for real, my homies. Crazy’s braindead foaming at the mouth approach to promoting me could result in me losing the election and then it’s game over. I had to pull out some tough love there.

I tried to stay focused on the task at hand. I was at least hopeful. Crazy ran out the door talking to himself and that typically means he’s pulled himself together for the moment and has elevated himself above the flapping arms “Danger Will Robinson” state.

Or has he?

Oh, no. Crazy traveled to China to promote me? Yeah, that’s gonna help a lot!

“Must go faster. Must go faster. Must tell locals about Metro.”

“We’ve slayed the dragon, my lord! Now, off we go to Castle Metropolis to partake in the coronation ceremony!”

“Peasants...leave your huts and let me hear your resounding support for your new sovereign, King Metropolis.”

“The castle is under attack! Women and children down to the safety of the cellar! Take that! And that! You filthy beast! You are no match for a Knight of Metropolis. How does my metal boot feel inside your buttocks you lowly traitor to his majesty!”

“Reveal yourself to me you scoundrel. What...no armor?”

“Sire, the enemy has unleased their terrible fireballs. What shall we do? The castle will burn to the ground.”

“No. I refuse! I will fight to protect Metropolis. He must survive. Vote next Tuesday...Aaaarrrggghhhh!”

Wake up, honey. Dorothy, wake up. It’s Aunt Em. Ummm...yeah. Crazy helped me in his own special way. But, I guess I’ll take all the help I can get. Sporty was definitely up for giving Sheila Crews a rousing pre-game speech...

Sporty: “Don’t just stand there unprotected. Strap yourself in for the Metro administration next Tuesday at the polls. Please...make an extra large donation today and become an athletic supporter.”

Sound headed to Central Park and whipped out his guitar for some motivating political music...

“I’d like to dedicate this next song to our city’s next great leader, Metropolis Man.”
“Metro’s got a plan, but it takes lots of money...”
“So dig deep in your pockets...I’m not trying to be funny...”
“Ohhhhh...give, give, give my friends. Give until it hurts...”
“Cause if you give to Metro, he’ll never...hmmm..(hurts, hurts) he’ll never ask for your shirts...”
“Yeah, thank you very much. This is the last night of my Sunset Valley Metro Unplugged Tour. It’s been great. Please tip the waitresses on your way out.”

With her strong command of the spoken and written word, EeyoreWrite was eager to make her own contribution for Metro’s cause and stopped by to rally support from Jeb McKay and Alicia Alto...

EeyoreWrite: “Guys, have you seen the writing on the wall?”
Jeb and Alicia: “Where?”
EeyoreWrite: “I’m talking about the graffiti on the library bathroom stalls —“Remember to wash your hands before voting for Metro next Tuesday.” That was me.”

The time had come for me to get out and do my own grassroots organization — I needed to see where my supporters lived, and get a feeling for what they felt were the important issues of the time...

Metro: “Hello there, neighbor! My name is Metrop...whoa...big pothole...my name is Metroplis Man and I’d appreciate your support next Tuesday at the polls.”

“Hi there, good lookin'! Don’t forget to vote next Tuesday. I’d appreciate your support. If you vote for me I promise to personally make your next meal at Hogan’s Deep Fried Diner.”

“Ladies, I’m totally serious...vote for me and I will cook your food for you at the Diner. Have a great night and I’m excited to be your next politician. And your next fast order cook.”

------------

The Recipe File: Closed
Queen Bee’s Honey Do List: Closed
Girly’s Check Out Self Checklist: Closed
Crazy’s Crazy Eight Requirements: Closed
The Sporting News: Closed
Sound's Musical Score: Closed
Writer’s Block (of info): Closed
Metro’s Self Indulgences:

Lifetime Wish: Leader of the Free World
Unique Career Maxed: Political
Unique Skill SuperMaxed: Charisma
Investments: Central Park; Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital
Unique Rewards: Observant; Long Distance Friend; Never Dull
BlackOps: Pile of Permission Slips; Let’s Dine; Smear It On;    
6 Unique Best Friends: Everett Bryon; Glenda Faulk; Debbie Dodson; Tyron Buford; Lacey Eaton; Angelique Faulk
Museum Portraits: Toddler; Child; Teen; Young Adult;

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #533 on: January 29, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »
Haha, hilarious update! I'll make sure the Lancasters know who to vote for in the polls next Tuesday!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #534 on: January 29, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
Crazy is hilarious. Although I am not sure that the bike screams successful politician unless Metro is going for the Eco vote.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #535 on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »
Wow wee! Did you see how Crazy took control of the situation? He was so forceful and commanding :P What a hunk!! But I didn't appreciate how Metropolis talked to him. I will not be voting for him >:(

Good stuff Metro. Its like a laughapalooza when I pull up this dynasty!!!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #536 on: January 29, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
But I didn't appreciate how Metropolis talked to him. I will not be voting for him >:(

An angry smiley targeted to Metro is the same as an angry smiley targeted to me. As a result of this behavior your Crazy Man bobblehead is being returned to the manufacturer.

Offline ILoveDolls

• Immortal
« Reply #537 on: January 29, 2011, 02:12:12 PM »
An angry smiley targeted to Metro is the same as an angry smiley targeted to me. As a result of this behavior your Crazy Man bobblehead is being returned to the manufacturer. 9

Pleasssse don't Mr. Metro! I wish I had technopathic powers and could steal Crazy right out of your computer. That's my HEA (happily ever after).

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #538 on: January 29, 2011, 02:38:46 PM »
As a result of this behavior your Crazy Man bobblehead is being returned to the manufacturer.
HA HA HA! Hilarious! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #539 on: January 29, 2011, 04:07:03 PM »
Very hilarious as always! I will definitely be voting for Metro this Tuesday. Congrats on your seventh Immortal!

anything