Author Topic: Installation Problems [VC++ error code 1603]  (Read 4634 times)

Offline dustinleephil

• Nooboo
Installation Problems [VC++ error code 1603]
« on: September 21, 2014, 02:37:50 AM »
I purchased a copy of Sims 4 tonight, super excited to finally get to play the new game, 4 hours later, still no game. I installed both discs (I opted to buy the retail version, thought it would be faster, jokes on me) then while in Origin, i clicked install. It gets to 7% and says there's an error, VC++ package was not installed correctly. Frustrated I go to the help.ea site. It tells me that windows should be update, I update windows, easy fix. After windows updates some optional stuff I try again. I have to put the discs in again, and start over. I wait the 20 minutes it takes to copy the game files, and find I have the error yet again. I follow the next step on help.ea, and install the VC++ package, halfway through that installation process it tells me that its already been installed. I deleted origin off my computer, and am currently re-installing.

As I was writing this out, I realize maybe I need to totally get rid of the VC++ package and re-install it? I have no idea what that even is, or how to do that. I'm hoping that re-installing Origin will fix my problem, but I doubt it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll update this after origin finishes, for some reason its downloading extremely slow, 84KB/sec.  >:(   

--Origin just finished, and now I'm having the same problem.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Installation Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:54:36 AM »
Hi Dustinleephil,

I think I may have found a fix for your install problem.

VC++ error code 1603
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/vc-error-code-1603/

Thank you for sharing the problem details. And welcome to the forum. If this does help fix the problem. Please let us know.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dustinleephil

• Nooboo
Re: Installation Problems
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 03:31:18 AM »
Thank you for replying! I just found that myself! I had to uninstall update KB2918614, and it works like a charm. I'm glad too, I was getting madder than wet hen!

anything