Poll

As an owner of the game, how would you rate The Sims 4 Base Game?

Author Topic: Rate the Sims 4  (Read 27137 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Rate the Sims 4
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2014, 09:36:48 PM »
I do think that some people who reviewed it on Amazon do have the game and didn't like it. There were many who didn't have the game but there were some that obviously did. So do remember that not all bad reviews were done by people who didn't play the game yet.

Offline Temperius

• Nooboo
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2014, 08:13:27 AM »
Well I have readed up all the reactions, but I still stick with my 5 star rating. As I said every single game out there has to start with the basics and it can only get better. Have a look at the sims 4 community gallery and see what people already have made and sharing from housing to families, it is very nice. 1 thing people need to remember is altrough expansions add alot of new stuff, the greatest secret of any sims game is that it becomes much better by the ideas and so from players. Even an basic can get wonderfull with many player made creations avaible. Yes expansions bringing more stuff and flavor with it to add more colour and so in it, but overall and general the Sim worlds are made from the creations of players, they fill the lots with houses and buildings all made by an player community or from their own creations, and yes EA is not fast, cause we know they got several other games in the making and so. Best is to stay patient and enjoy with the sims 4 has to offer even if it is only basics :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2014, 08:45:15 PM »
I got the game a bit after launch: I believe it was just before the first patch that came out.  I've been playing it fairly steadily since.  I gave the game a solid 4 and would even go so far as to say 4.5.  Now, the gameplay itself is amazing.  Things like the multi-tasking system, the emotions are just fantastic.  I'm still getting used to the emotions, but I'm excited to see how it continues to evolve as things go on.  And being able to sit, watch TV with the family, all of them eating together just like I do at home with my family?  That's just so much fun!  It really kicks up the realism factor.  While the loading screens are a disappointment, I completely understand why they have to do that.  It makes sense and I do appreciate why they put them back in.  Unlocking content based on careers is actually a lot of fun.  For someone that plays challenges like Legacies and likes watching a family's progress from having nothing to a rich, successful family?  That is a really cool aspect.

As far as the things that are missing.  I do miss toddlers.  I don't mind the babies being just relegated to their little bassinet.  That's fine.  But it is decidedly odd to see them pop out as a fully fledged child.  It's a bit incongruous with how things have been set up as slightly more realistic with the multi-tasking and emotions.  But it's not game breaking, just odd to me.  Of course, pools will be coming shortly (if they haven't already.  I haven't updated or checked in the last few days due to NaNoWriMo), so that's a moot point.  The biggest thing that I really miss is some form of story progression.  I am NOT a rotational player at all.  As I said, I play challenges and the rules often state that you must play just one family.  So being able to go and make other households have babies is out of the questions.  They allow us to keep aging on for the other families.  Now, I am no programer, so please keep that in mind when I say this, but I would think (correct me if I am mistaken, please) that just adding sims to an existing family would be just as simple as adding whole new residents into the town (though I know that's one of the major bugs at the moment).  I am really hoping that whether in a patch or an EP they will do something like that.  Until they do, I think I will keep it as a 4, but I do love the game play, and I will continue to play it for a long time.

Offline MsSyko

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2015, 05:06:50 AM »
A friend gave me the game shortly after it came out, and I immediately hated it.  I played for most of two days and then didn't touch it again for two weeks.  Then I was thinking that since Kathy was so nice to give me the game, I owed it to her to try to like it.  Since then I have played upwards of 600 hours (I'm retired, I can do things like that), and I still don't like it.

First, the careers were very difficult, when coupled with the aspiration goals. In fact, I don't like all the goals at all, I like sandbox play.  But then with the upgrade that added pools, the goals were dumbed down.  For example, in the writer career, some of the requirements for promotion were things like "self publish four books" but now it's "read books".  Have you tried to get a sim to sit down and read a book?  Also, there is no time for such foolishness as reading, it takes forever to do the daily tasks.  Just eating can take forever, since the sim regularly puts its hands in its lap and sits there looking around and talking to the empty room between bites.  If they need to bathe or use the toilet, or if they have a garden to tend or if one of the plumbing, electronic items, or appliances breaks, and they don't have the money to replace it, there's more time lost.

The goals for children are horrible.  My sim kiddies have no chance to just be kids, they have to constantly be striving for goals as well.

I despise all the stalkers.  I've gotten to where I don't even let my sim make a friend, because that friend will be standing on her doorstep five or six times a day, for an hour or more.  Even if it's someone they like, such as a lover, nobody likes anybody that much.  My sim might woohoo with her boyfriend, then he leaves, and an hour later he's back.  Just standing there in front of the door.  I catch myself muttering curses.

I have to say the clothing is better, there are no silly puffy shirts that all my sim children seem to age up wearing.  I like being able to put on cosmetics for each type of clothing.  I like the multi-tasking.

I hate the loading screens.  I don't like how an 8 year old leaps out of the bassinet when you age up the baby.  I miss the cuteness of toddlers.  I don't like the teens being the same size as adults, though to give the devil its due, EA has now put labels on them when you mouse over, telling what age group they are, which saves my female full adult from the embarrassment of being a cougar. 

I do not find the building to be intuitive.  I do like being able to pick up the house and move it, but that's about it.  Mostly I hate it because in order to see what I'm doing, I have to pan out, and it's all miniature, most of it hidden by the control panel and the infernal prices that pop up every time you try to add something.  I lose count of how many times I have to redo porch steps, because the price tag hides the whole thing, and I am always putting them in the wrong place.

I have yet to figure out how to make a male sim that doesn't look like a goofball.  A goofball banker, to be specific.  Yes, I understand how to make them.  But they all seem to resemble Alec Baldwin to a great degree, and not in his good years.  I can make pretty girl sims, but they all look alike.  The hair is atrocious.  I like perhaps 3 female styles and none of the male styles.

I like how fast the game loads.  This has been key to the amount of time I've played it.  Sometimes you just want to sim for an hour or so, so you don't feel like spending 10 minutes loading the game.  TS4 loads in less than a minute, and my computer is medium-range.

Mostly, I find that playing TS3 relaxes me, and playing TS4 makes me tense.  I have to constantly be working on goals, so there's no time to just sit back and watch the sims do their own thing.  I still think EA missed the boat on this one.

Offline simz

• Nooboo
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2015, 11:04:06 PM »
I feel this game is average. I bought the game about a week after it came out and was a bit iffy, since hearing many complaints. I decided to try it out myself to get my own understanding of it. Even though it is only a base game, it is lacking somewhat, compared to the other base games. The teenagers, young adults, adults, and elders all were the same height and looked very similar. (Prior to the patch telling their age when you hover over them.) Also, there were no toddlers, which most people are fine without, but I enjoyed the challenge. As well as no basements, cars, and terrain editing. How am I supposed to build my evil lairs now? There are also too many loading screens for my taste, in your little "district", you still have to go through a loading screen to go to your neighbour's house. I will also mention that my game crashed on my Alienware computer, and there are many glitches and bugs. I am ,however, impressed with the CAS and Build Mode (although lacking good colour choices). I also do like the landscaping of the background and there are Sims that come on the lot when you do. It is an average game, and I hope for some improvement. :-)

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2015, 03:39:27 PM »
I edited the first post to show what sort of influenced me to make this poll, so that people don't have to read my rant about ranting and bad votes. Amazon is one of my go-tos for shopping, but they seriously need to alter their practices at least when it comes to games. It's franchises that end up treated this way, along with single player games with online-only requirements that people want to protest.  >:(

I totally agree with you Carl but unfortunately when it comes to online shopping it seems like most of it is a caveat emptor kind of thing.  Also, I've noticed that there are more negative reviews than positive reviews by customers.  As I'm sure you already know that most of the people will post something when they are angry.  I know I am guilty to doing that from time to time.  By seeing all that negativity on a lot of products I like I've been forcing myself more and more to put up a positive review in the hopes it will get bought more.  The internet is sometimes a very cold place but that's the people make it like that.  These companies set up forums to TRY to help future customers.  We as a CONSUMER should TRY to be as unobjective as possible when it comes to writing up a product.  We need to use some diplomacy and if the product is bad say so but don't insult the company or the person but if its good give praises but try to keep it from being wishy-washy.  That's the price of these forums, polls, and other online consumer senses.

Offline silvie1988

• Nooboo
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2015, 01:03:45 PM »
I rated the game 2. I'm sorry but I really can't get into it. It's a chaos. What I miss more is the open world of The Sims 3. I recently tried to make an experiment. I created the same family in both sims 3 and 4. The sims 3 story went on well. There was deepness in the way the sims reacted. When they were sad they could go for a walk all alone, in the wild fields of Riverview. The story, in the Sims 4, was a total mess. The sims were sad, energized, inspired, angry and so on in a wild way. It was impossible even make two sims talking, becouse others were constantly getting in the way. Having a peaceful family meal is also out of question in sims 4. The sims don't even stay still. They walk around, change seats, talk, go to the computer, dance, they just never stop moving around, getting throught random emotions. What the heck, that was painful. What happens to me after some time I play with Sims 4, and for some time I mean not more than two hours, is that I get bored and stressed, in the same time. Stressed for the puddles in the bathroom, stressed by the teacher that call you becouse the child is only on B level, stressed for the abilities, that are so hard to level up after level 5. And the carrers? I's almost impossible to get to level 10 of carrer in a sim lifetime. And the people stalking your household, getting in and trolling the forum at your pc, messing around. I'm sorry, guys, I really can't understand how you can love this game if you have played the Sims 3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
 I played the Sims 3 for most of the years it was out, and I can say I don't prefer either over the other. You have to remember that 4 is in the early stages and it will get better, Sims 3 sucked at this stage in the game, but now it's amazing. Sims 4 is easy to play and it is lag free, which is a pleasant change from the constantly freezing Sims 3. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong or bad or anything, I'm just saying thats exactly what is is, an opinion. I think once people get out of comparing it to Sims 3, and they look at it objectively then they'll see that the game can be really good.

My rating is staying a 5, I'm very proud of EA on this one and I'm so happy to see where they're going with the expansion and I'm very excited to see where they bring it from here.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2015, 02:43:37 AM »
Before the game launch and for a few months after I did nothing but hate on #4 and even posted some of my "annoyed" thoughts online. I finally caved and bought the game at a deep discount the day after Christmas as I refused to pay more than $40 for a game that was so lacking. As those days were a little fuzzy looking back I do believe that I played for 48 hours straight without nodding off much. I was lucky as I came into the game after many of the new updates had already been implemented and more kept coming. Thinking back on #3, I have to say that #4 has a much better foundation to work from. The biggest downside to #3 was the enormous amount of bugs built into the game that made playing it for more than 30 minutes really frustrating. Save early and often was all that could be done to prevent huge losses to complex builds and story lines. EAxis has listened to the player community this time around and built a game that has excellent evolutionary power. The thing that impresses me the most is not necessarily the game itself but that fact that EA is not gouging the life out of their customers any longer. DLC so far is limited to game packs and expansions and gone are the days where adding simple aesthetic and small playable elements are sold bit by bit with simpoints. I love the Gallery and very impressed how the game has been created to accept mods and CC with ease. Instead of working in competition against modders, EAxis now realizes that working together will only make the game so much better. And! after all that the game plays 100x more smoothly with new elements added in almost monthly. This indicates to me the intentions of EAxis going forward and for that I give the game 5 stars.

Cristina

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2015, 04:44:58 AM »
Personally I think it's average. It's lacking some features that should be there from the beginning but I presume they'll add those in expansions. It also has a few bugs but to be fair so did the Sims 3. The neighbourhoods are a bit small for my tastes and I was really irritated by the loading screen at first but I'm more used to it now. I had to stop comparing the Sims 3 with all my expansions to the Sims 4 with no expansions and I enjoyed it a lot more but it definitely has room for improvement.

Offline Beergut23

• Nooboo
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »
 Let me first start by stating that I absolutely hated Sims 3 for years and stopped playing for some time.  Then I read Carl's Sims 3 Guide and learned all the things I could do and I ended up loving.  Initially I am getting the same feeling about Sims 4.  Not having a lot of fun with it and it seems like more work than entertainment.  However, I'm planning to take some time and delve into Carl's Sims 4 Guide and see if it will change my mind yet again.  P.S. I am in no way related to Carl or Pam and this is not a Paid advertisement, I'm just stating a fact.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
I am so confused to give a score. EA made a great job on the core of the game, the animation and interaction, the emotion system. If you feel overwhelmed you can just slow the aging and let your sims live and do what they like to do: it seems to me this side was well tested and the result is brilliant, i see a real progress especially if you stop running for skilling only.

So i spent some hundreds of hours with TS4 but soon i got limited enough to go back play my sims3.

In TS4 the most painful to me is to go out of your house, leaving the other members on their own. I can't even imagine sending 8 members in 8 different location at the same time, it s already a nightmare with only one.
I still prefer saving every 1 hour and restart my TS3 game after a day or so, but i am so at ease with my 120 sims and 60 or so customized houses in an open world, all aging. Took me some time to stop saving each new baby!

So i say play it, EA did a great job here with TS4 as long as you can accept to stay most of the time in your house. GTW give me the same satisfaction, i got a better working experience as a TS3 rabbithole but i run into the same problem, i am only managing 1 sim not my whole household at the same time.

I can wait TS5 or TS6 the next gen which will let us go outside again with ease. I hope.

Offline serenaa

• Nooboo
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2015, 04:07:26 PM »
I'm honestly so confused by this game. Even when I try and not compare it to Sims 3, I can't help but wonder why EA decided to get rid of so many amazing features that made Sims 3 so popular. Even just the new 'teleportation' and the fact that children age up from babies straight to children would put me off the game by themselves. I did like the new create-a-sim, although it was strange that you can no longer customise colours or clothes and instead have to choose from about 20 options. Also, I don't know if it was just my computer, but the game started to lag only an hour after I started playing for the first time! Overall, I'm very disappointed with this game. The only new feature I've noticed has been the emotions, which to be honest are an inconvenience. There are less traits to choose from and they have a less significant impact on your sims life, to the point that they barely make a difference at all. I've only been playing it a few hours and already I've given up and gone back to Sims 3.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »
Would have to check the first post to see whether the vote is still open (will do that after this) but whether it is or not is irrelevant as I totally adore this game and give it a 5 star rating! Do I have bugs? Yes, as anyone who's seen some of my posts will know, I have had quite a few, but none of them have broken my game the way some of the S3 bugs did *EA+Maxis please do not take this as a challenge lol* anyway, that was just my 10cents worth... Love this game and haven't played S3 since I got it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline knt1229

• Nooboo
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2016, 01:42:45 PM »
I think it's just an ok game. I don't have nearly as much fun playing this game as I did Sims 3. I really miss the color wheel. I like decorating and find it hard to do in this game. It gets boring to me quickly and I run out of things for my sims to do very quickly. I'm not bashing the game, so, please don't take it that way.

I also don't like the loading screens and really miss the open worlds. Open worlds made it easier to play with a full household of sims. I could have sims at different venues doing different things at the same time. In Sims 4, I tend to only play with a few sims and I feel like I have to take them all off the home lot at the same time because the sims that aren't being played don't do anything or won't continue doing what you have left them doing. I know you can have them build skills or socialize, but, it's just not the same as having an open world where I can quickly switch from one sim to the other like I can in Sims 3.

anything