Author Topic: Problems saving the game  (Read 2572 times)

Offline _Mirrodin_

• Nooboo
Problems saving the game
« on: September 27, 2014, 02:53:58 AM »
Hi.
I'm using a desktop computer i5 of 3.10GHz with 4gb Ram (3.24gb usable) and a video card GeForce GT 520 of 2gb of memory, but my system is 32 bits

I'm having problems saving the game, if I play more than 10 minutes without saving it won't do it when I try and only would jump to desktop with a message saying Sims 4 .exe has stopped working, so the last days I am saving every five min (what it's so annoying) and sometimes it will not save at all and only get the crash message.

I know this is because of the insufficient memory, but what can I do?
is Sims 4 only for 64bits users?

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Problems saving the game
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
Sims 4 is a 32-bit application, so that's not your issue.

Try running Origin in offline mode, then launch Sims 4. See if that helps.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:57:17 AM »
It also seems that in some cases, running in windowed mode may help you to avoid game crashes of this type. My girlfriend has had similar issues.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 05:50:31 PM »
I ran into a save issue today.  Tried saving and error message came up with a bunch of numbers after it.  Tried "saving as", "saving" tried everything.  Only way I could get it to actually save and not sure yet if it worked, is to go to manage worlds and save that way.  Then hit "save and exit" and that worked, hopefully.  This has been the only family I have played basically since I got the game.  I was hit by the disappearing sims and now scared to play another household. This file does have 6 sims with all different professions, so I really don't won't to lose it.  Anyone else have a save error?
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »
Hi Saltypaws,

What was the code given? This will definitely help us search out the problem.
The number before the colon. [For example Error 122:] is all that needs to be noted.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything