Author Topic: Server issues  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Server issues
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
Sorry to bother but my computer can't access the forum. I'm doing this from my mobile and I have tried everything. Sorry if this is the wrong board but I didn't know where to put it.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
Re: is the site down?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 07:21:54 PM »
Sorry to bother but my computer can't access the forum. I'm doing this from my mobile and I have tried everything. Sorry if this is the wrong board but I didn't know where to put it.

I think there was an issue somewhere. I wasn't able to access it on either for a bit. All seems to be ok now minus the ad in the top right is being weird.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: is the site down?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »
It's still not working for me sadly

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Server issues.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 08:20:42 PM »
The server has been working fine, but some members (including myself for a time) have been having trouble accessing the.site. entire regions of the world are cut off. We assume this a.broad problem with the net.

Guide for children tomorrow. Sick today.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Re: Server issues.
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
I also have trouble to access the site before, several times I reload the page, nothing appears, then while online in Origin, I ask justproud if he has the same trouble like me and that occur to him too.

There's something wrong about the images. When I access this section it looks fine, but it's different when I look into another section:

Hope everything will be better. Hope you’ll get better too, Carl!
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 10:06:47 PM »
Hubby and I weren't able to get to the forum for awhile today. It started about 11:30am and lasted till about 6:40pm. During that time, there were times that we couldn't get to the Sims 3 guide, or it would show up as text. And we weren't able to get at the Sims 4 guide at all.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 01:15:28 AM »
Same here. When I tried to check the guides earlier, it said 'server can't be found'. Both on laptop and ipad. I had to go back in-game and asked Playalot if she is experiencing the same, and she said she can't access either. I hope it's nothing serious like hacking or spamming. i don't know the correct term, but its when too many requests are being sent to server to make it crash with the overload.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 01:50:41 AM »
Same here. When I tried to check the guides earlier, it said 'server can't be found'. Both on laptop and ipad. I had to go back in-game and asked Playalot if she is experiencing the same, and she said she can't access either. I hope it's nothing serious like hacking or spamming. i don't know the correct term, but its when too many requests are being sent to server to make it crash with the overload.

Your talking about a term called "ddos". What Carl was speaking of is a routing issue every site on the net has an ip a dress associated with it. When we type in the actual url carls-sims-4-guide.com it then talks to a set of computers called dns servers which basically say that name = this ip and begins your Internet journey to where his site is hosted.

The steps I mentioned repeat along the way if there are outages eventually they basically send a response back of "I don't know who you are talking about". Which then causes you to see unknown errors.

It's actually a lot more complicated but I tried to keep it simple. Carl said the server was ok which means it wasn't anything bad with the site (attack wise). 

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 02:30:34 AM »
It's actually a lot more complicated but I tried to keep it simple. Carl said the server was ok which means it wasn't anything bad with the site (attack wise). 

At least it's good to hear that everything is alright now. I think that happened temporary. I also had problem to access the site with my tablet, but now I can access this site again) when I decided to login after justproud told me (he said sites back up), everything seems fine, like nothing ever happened. The images are back, the guides in The Sims 3 section also back.

Oh, not to mention, while that time there’s also something error with blogspot. I tried to access the gallery in picasaweb but I couldn’t, but after awhile it’s come back to normal again.  So, I think something like this occur not only this sites alone. At least it’s good to know that there’s no attack (I also had the same assumption before).
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 05:07:37 AM »

I sent Carl an email about the site being down earlier today, he mentioned it was just an error with the domain registrar. Nothing to worry about. :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 05:38:18 AM »
I wasn't able to get on for most of the afternoon and evening . It kept saying " Server not Found " . It seems ok this morning though .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Server issues
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
Yep, glad to say we're back to normal! I had contacted the registrar about it, but they had fixed it within 5 minutes of the email so it was evidently a broader problem that they were aware about.

anything