Author Topic: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover  (Read 34600 times)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover
« on: October 13, 2014, 01:10:48 PM »

Chapters

Prologue, Part I: Jinni In A Lamp
Prologue, Part II: I Dream Of Freedom
Reproduction Day: One
Reproduction Day: Two
Reproduction Day: Three
Reproduction Day: Four
Reproduction Day: Five
Reproduction Day: Six
Reproduction Day: Seven
Reproduction Day: Eight
Reproduction Day: Nine
Reproduction Day: Ten
Reproduction Day: Eleven
Reproduction Day: Twelve
Reproduction Day: Thirteen
Reproduction Day: Fourteen
Epilogue, Part I: Honeycomb
Epilogue, Part II: Readers' Choice Good End - Gingerbread
Epilogue, Part III: Readers' Choice Good End - Love In The Time Of Djinns
Extra: What If?

Special thanks to Malley for allowing me to include the Sakuras (sorry Jinni ruined the book!) and Trip for her beautiful girls, Annette and Hannah.

Author's Ramblings

I started writing two different versions of this story ten years ago and I thought it would be perfect to portray it with this challenge. I never managed an ending because I'm not such a great writer, when I look back on everything I wrote while at school it makes me scream in horror and ask myself, "Why did you do that?"

The dialougue to me is a bit... off. I tried my best so if it sounds unnatural please let me know or you can just imagine it's the best thing you've ever read and admire the screenshots  ;)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 01:14:30 PM »
Oooo please say Djinn as in Genies!?!? I LOVE a good Genie story!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 01:17:46 PM »

Prologue, Part I: Jinni In A Lamp

There were so few of us thousands of years ago and just two of us were witches. Me and Herit. The world was a small place back then, only one island of sand dunes, very few patches of grass and many silver ribbons of river to separate the different tribes.

Our hatred for each other had grown from childish fights to some serious battles - our elders had forbidden us  to continue in our magical battles but Herit and I found the tombs of former pharaohs were perfect for our skirmishes since everyone else was afraid to desecrate the memories of our ancestors.

For years I had been the most powerful of us, then Herit spun complicated runes I'd never seen performed before. Pink bolts of lightning struck me on the chest and there was a faint taste of rotten ibis eggs on my tongue.

"Herit? What did you do?" Slowly I could feel my body becoming weightless and a particular vein was throbbing against my forehead. I could see she was a little stunned herself at what she'd done, perhaps a small part of her felt remorse.

"Oh, Jinni, you'll find out soon enough." Herit smirked. I was mistaken, she wasn't the kind to regret any of her decisions.

The ceiling rushed upwards, that's the first thing I noticed, then my whole body twisted in on itself, squeezing my organs that I couldn't even breathe anymore. Before too long everything around me began to rise or I was shrinking and something gold cluttered around my feet. A small lamp that got bigger as I was forced through the spout.

Herit picked up the lamp as the last swirls of light danced and disappeared inside. "Darling, I am sorry to do this to you."

She rapidly drew runes of magic in the air, securing Jinni with her most powerful spell for good measure and added another rune to make sure the lamp and Jinni were never separated for too long.

Like all villains after her, Herit enjoyed a maniacal laugh as she stuffed the lamp inside a chest deep inside the pyramid of their former pharaoh. Now that his funeral preparations were complete no one was likely to disturb him in the afterlife to rescue Jinni and hadn't the elders warned them against such actions in the first place?

I awoke to darkness. The air was stuffy and I waited till my eyes adjusted before getting to my feet. Cold stone beneath me and mildewed walls all around. I vomited. Twice. I could no longer feel Heka or Shu's powers running through my veins. Hesitantly I rubbed my hands together and tried to conjure a basic wind spell. Failing that, I cried and banged my fists against the floor, scraping them in the process.

Years seemed to pass, or days. Although my old powers were gone I had gained a new one. When I wished to taste Mother's fresh bread one more time a bowl appeared before me, hunks of bread already dunked into leek and radish soup just the way I'd always eaten it.

Then I wished for light and it was as if Amun-Ra himself stood before me, splashing my prison with his glow.

Wishes?

"I wish for freedom!" My voice echoed all around, sounding so small like that of a frightened child. It had been many centuries since I was a child so I took a deep breath and proclaimed my wish again, calmly.

As you can guess, freedom was beyond my grasp. Wishes only worked for other things. And other Sims. An old man must have come across my lamp one day and thought himself so lucky to have found a golden lamp. As I burst through the spout I struck a dramatic pose and with subtle magic made the hairs on his arms stick out. It must have been too much of a shock for he died right away and the treacherous lamp pulled me in again.

"Your mother's a stuffed egret!" I swore. Cringeworthy, right? But back in those days it was one of the worst insults anyone could hurl and my own Mother would have smacked me senseless if I'd ever uttered those words within earshot.

The next time I was released I kindly asked my saviour to set me free and I'd make all her dreams come true. It didn't work. Some Sims just aren't that naive. The next one was, but the wish didn't seem to work. I got angry, roaring at the idiot boy that he had enough time to flash a rude gesture at me before fleeing.

I raged inside my prison for days afterwards.

Years passed. Fashions changed. Sims would stare in disbelief at my exposed chest and stomach so I decided to update my wardrobe. I travelled, or my lamp did, to other newfound countries. I wished to learn their languages and the myriad of new magic - boiling biological and botanical ingredients in cauldrons to make elixirs, strange wooden sticks that channelled a Sims magic, collecting a Sims hair or personal item for the creation of voodoo dolls and even chanting nonsense to make simple hexes work.

I practised religiously with every single spell and its associated curse, elixirs and even a good old fashioned sacrifice but as I had no idea where Herit was I couldn't make a voodoo doll. I had enquired after her to every Sim who released me. She'd either died - the old hag - or no longer went by her birth name.

Is it any wonder I gave up after centuries of trying? As time went on I'd sit in my rocking chair in front of a small fireplace waiting for the next fool and his or her desired wishes. My once empty room was filled with clutter - perfumes to keep the smell of mildew away, thin and colourful fabrics festooned the walls and puffy pillows were scattered across the floor. Who was I fooling? No one was ever likely to visit me.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
Oops sorry for stealing your second post's slot... My eagerness got away with me! Love your first chapter! And again: GENIES!!! :-D

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 02:28:16 PM »
Your photo editing is superb. This looks like it's going to be interesting. I've wanted a Dynasty to start reading from the start, and you have both an interesting story and good graphics. I'm in!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 04:27:11 AM »
Oooo please say Djinn as in Genies!?!? I LOVE a good Genie story!

Oops sorry for stealing your second post's slot... My eagerness got away with me! Love your first chapter! And again: GENIES!!! :-D

Don't worry about it, I love eagerness ;) Genies are my favourite Sims to play and I really wanted them for this challenge (which is why I left them out of my Life State, plus EA generated genies are just horrendous).

Your photo editing is superb. This looks like it's going to be interesting. I've wanted a Dynasty to start reading from the start, and you have both an interesting story and good graphics. I'm in!

Thank you for the complements! I use two different PS actions - one for 'past' screenshots and one for 'present' screenshots and a motherlode of poses.

Great start! Looking forward to more  ;D

Thanks, Malley, I wrote what I could as I went this time so hopefully I can post one update a day.

Great origin story. I'll be reading.

Thank you, Krae! The origin was pretty easy to write - I've written this story for the last ten years of my life before I even played Sims or had a computer :P

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 01:09:42 PM »

Prologue, Part II: I Dream Of Freedom

Many nights I'd fall asleep crying. It had been over five thousand years and still I was no closer to leaving this wretched lamp. I'd had dreams where my life had played out differently. Maybe I'd have been married or had children at least, my Mother always did want nooboos to coo over. Would they have inherited the gifts Heka and Shu bestowed me with? Would Herit's offspring be the same and duel with my children in a never-ending family feud?

I heard a low chuckle.

Oh, honestly! Why did I have to be disrupted from my memories of home by another wish hungry Sim?

I got to my feet and stared in wide shock at my strange surrounding. "What in Sekhmet—" Here's what was wrong: every time I'm summoned I feel thousands of tiny hooks latch on to my flesh and forcefully drag me out of the lamp. This time I felt nothing and my body had already materialised outside before I had even opened my eyes.

"Hello,"

Sitting on what looked like a nooboo giant's hand was a young Sim. He smiled and gestured for me to sit. I could tell this man was no ordinary Sim. There was power, quite weak, emanating from him. I narrowed my eyes and took a good look around first -  the huge wall-to-ceiling windows overlooked a calm but empty sea with angry grey clouds hanging in the air and I deduced we were in some kind of a tower - later I learned it was called a 'high rise apartment'.

"Ready?"

I sat. "Hmm,"

We stared at each other for a moment, him smiling at me like a perverted Roman I'd once had the misfortune to meet.

"Herit Bastet,"

My ears pricked up.

"Her descendants live in Hidden Springs," he continued, noting my interest.

"How do you—"

One hand rose to stop me. You little—

"She's our mutual enemy. Like you I was once imprisoned in a lamp of my own, fortunately I was able to charm a young lady into freeing me. Still paying attention?"

He caught my eyes roaming. I couldn't see his lamp anywhere, mine was on a table set before me.

"Do you plan to be my knight in shining armour?"

"Of a sort, if you agree to a small arrangement,"

I scoffed."Go on," I said.

"There's a new trend going around, a challenge named the Domination Dynasty. It's pretty similar to the old days when you were around - kicking out the natives and replacing them with our brood. The keyword is 'our',"

I'll admit I was slow to comprehend his meaning, then the words sank in. Angered, I rose to my feet and had grabbed him by the neck before he had time to react. Digging my nails deep I bared my teeth, "I might be a djinni bound to serve you but that won't stop me from killing you,"

He only laughed and easily prised my hands apart, rubbing his neck where faint bruises would appear later, he continued, "It's only for a short while. When I've conquered Hidden Springs I'll give you her location, maybe even some of her beautiful green hair."

He went to stand by the large windows, placing one hand on the glass and turned his head slightly to look over his shoulder at me. "I'd have chosen Bridgeport but I'm afraid it's a little claustrophobic." We both shuddered at that word. Centuries inside a lamp does that to you.

"Supposing I agree to this... ugh... offer, how am I supposed to trust you, I know djinn are perfidious by nature, you're looking at the first of our kind." I wasn't always this way, circumstances had led me to shed my older, kinder self to become cunning in how I'd interpret my 'master's' wishes and many Sims had died by mistaking my sweet smile for trustworthiness.

There was a large trunk behind the chesterfield I'd been sitting in. The djinni bent down and raised the lid a tiny fraction, I noticed he wasn't using his powers, and pulled out a fossilised feather I recognised belonging to Amun-Ra.

"If I swear on this will you agree to... aid me?"

Now I'm sure you're pretty confused but in my days Amun-Ra was the most powerful deity around and we never broke promises made using his Feather. If he was risking being hunted by Ammit in all seven of his afterlives then I knew for certain he wouldn't back down. That also meant I couldn't do the same either.

It took a long time for me to think this over. He placed the old Feather back in its place and proceeded to cook his dinner, I refused food he offered me, and he was sleeping soundly as I continued to mull over what had occurred. Here was my chance to get my claws into Herit, she was still alive much to my shock and Isis knew how many children she'd spawned. Well, I don't blame her descendents as they'd done nothing to me but it was one step closer to her than I'd ever been before.

In the morning he found me in the same position he'd left me in. He laughed, which irritated me.

"So?" He asked.

We were drinking something called a carbonated soft drink. It popped on my tongue in an unpleasant way and I spat most of it back out. I cleaned up the puddle slowly forming around my feet and staining my dress, leaving the room sparkling.

"Alright."

He brought out the Feather again and held it out between us.

"I, Ifrit Geb, promise to tell you the exact location and provide you with the locks of Herit Bastet once we've completed our Domination."

He raised an eyebrow when I hesitated.

"I, Jinni Fable, promise to help with the said Domination in order to get my hands on that old wildcat, Herit Bastet."

Then together, "May Amun-Ra and Anubis judge us accordingly."

Ifrit locked the Feather back into the trunk and brought some coloured chalks out. I helped him clear some floor space, pushing the chesterfield against the wall until there was enough room for the djinni to draw a complicated looking pentacle, followed by a smaller one.

He asked me to step inside the larger one, explaining I'd have to be separated from my lamp for the duration of the Dynasty. Tentatively I did as I was told while Ifrit positioned my lamp in the smaller pentacle. He muttered strange words that weren't Simlish or any other language I knew of before releasing a little of his own djinni magic that touched the chalked lines which began to glow brighter and brighter...

Before departing Bridgeport Ifrit took me to a salon to modernise my appearance. I would have loved to explore the town that never slept, but the high rise buildings blocked out most of the sun to cast cold shadows down on those walking the streets and I shivered in fright at the claustrophobia creeping in.

"What do you think?"

He looked up briefly from his newspaper, "Too flashy. Downplay it a little, we're not supposed to draw attention,"

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure there are supernatural Sims in Hidden Springs. Anyway," —turning back to the mirror to admire myself—"our pointy ears and floaty walk is bound to turn heads."

We spent much of the day picking out suitable outfits, sparkly leggings I couldn't resist and some very expensive dresses that made my jaw drop. Soon we'd packed what little we were allowed to take and boarded a slow train to Hidden Springs.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »
Ifrit is quite handsome. I like Jinni's new outift too. I'm looking forward to seeing what Infrit's beef is is Jinni's sister :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 09:06:12 AM »
Ifrit is quite handsome. I like Jinni's new outift too. I'm looking forward to seeing what Infrit's beef is is Jinni's sister :)

Ah, I thought I was being subtle about their relationship by giving them different surnames but I guess 'family feud' was the big give away. Ifrit grew on me, we had a lot of fun together which frustrated Jinni  ;)

I love that outfit and hair style but have used it to death so I decided she had to have something different for each reproduction day.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »
Ah, I thought I was being subtle about their relationship by giving them different surnames but I guess 'family feud' was the big give away. Ifrit grew on me, we had a lot of fun together which frustrated Jinni  ;)

I love that outfit and hair style but have used it to death so I decided she had to have something different for each reproduction day.

Nah, I think it's just because I write a lot so I pick up on little details like that  ;)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 11:56:23 AM »
Reproduction Day: One

Upon arriving in Hidden Springs we bought the cheapest house - we were poorer than the guttersnipes that trailed the bazaars of Baghdad - and found a small dog waiting for us by the post-box. Ifrit bent down to read the dog's collar - Anubis II.

"So the Big Man sent you, huh?"

I'm not fond of dogs, they bark and defecate wherever they please but I wasn't going to complain when a god had specifically sent us one of his own assistants. Besides, Ifrit had already informed me that modern day cats no longer hunt treasures, that was up to the dogs now.

Ifrit began to teach Anubis II to hunt while I went to check the inside of my new home.

It was horribly cramped so I knocked down the bathroom walls and replaced everything with the efficient All-In-One-Bathroom and also bought two easels, two single beds - no, I wasn't interested in sharing at that moment - and threw myself  onto the sofa. Well, it didn't smell of mildew and the land was large enough to have a garden plot later even with a house expansion - oh, how I cried in despair when Ifrit told me there would be more than one reproduction day and a whole army of children!

Ifrit and I began to work on our painting skill soon after Anubis II was a level three hunter. It was good to get him out of the house, his eternal need to play with his squeaky toy was driving me insane and even Ifrit was beginning to show his irritation.

We hardly talked in the first few days but gradually we learned tiny bits of each other's history - he was born during the last few years of the Ptolemaic dynasty, he had also been a witch and favoured fire like Herit.

My work would be interrupted by Anubis bringing me gems and metals that I had to get smelted or cut with a machine at the elixir store and by the time I got home Ifrit had already completed two or three paintings and got a promotion from work.

Painting was a calm skill to work towards but very dull. I found watching television relieved a lot of stress but the cable wasn't long enough to take outside as I was starting to get paranoid about the house walls closing in.

One morning I summoned a new recipe I'd learned from a cookery show - Vegetarian Chilli. My tongue was on fire, literally, and that caused our rug to burn and slowly make its way towards the television. Luckily we had a fire alarm, the local firemen were taking forever to reach us so I yelled at Ifrit, "Do something, fire demon!"

After he failed to use an extinguisher properly I snatched it off him and doused the fire myself, all the time swearing at him in old Babylonian - he wasn't ancient enough to know that language.

The bloody fireman arrived at last, breaking down our door for no reason. They took a quick look around and were satisfied no Sim had died and went off to wherever firemen go after failing to put out fires.

"You are the most useless fire demon to ever walk this Earth!"

"Hey, I'm not the one who started it,"

Anubis came between us and barked excitedly. I swear to Sekhmet I could hear a voice saying, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

I kicked them both out of the house to tidy up and collect the mail we had been ignoring.

A week went by. In that time Ifrit and I had so many paintings in our inventory it was quite a task to sort through it all. He called a taxi to the consignment store and we made a nice profit from the first day's sale.

It was soon obvious were both were hoping to build a better home.

Good thing Anubis had collected space rocks - the most expensive being a Mesosiderite  that sold for §30k - and sought out Tiberium - each with the value of around §7k.

I knew what would have to happen soon enough but I kept putting it off and Ifrit hadn't made any romantic advances towards me - I'm not entirely old fashioned but I didn't have time to fall in love with the men of our tribe so this whole romance business was beyond me. I did spend my free time watching romantic comedies and foreign dramas and they involved a lot of heat of the moment kisses. Having done my research and spent plenty of time kissing my hand - he caught me once and I spontaneously shouted, "Happy Pretend-To-Be-A-Cat Day!"

So I invited Ifrit out. To the park across our house. Well, it was now or never. I pulled him towards me and planted my first kiss on him, embarrassed I drew away but Ifrit grabbed hold of me and responded with a much longer, passionate kiss.

I got down on one knee and summoned a ring from somewhere in the Simverse. "Marry me, you handsome djinn,"

His eyes almost popped out of his skull at the sight of the shiny ring and my beauty. Of course, he said yes, three times, and we went to our freshly renovated house for our private wedding.

Um... I will not tell you what happened that night.

Over the next few days I was craving crepes. We ate them for every meal and it was during one evening of enjoying The Great Simlish Bake Off that I felt Isis' protection - I was pregnant.

"Hey hey, sit down, I'm trying to watch this," Ifrit complained as I lovingly rubbed my belly.

"Oh shush, we have a bun of our own baking in here,"

A few days later I gave birth to twin girls - Lilith and Mara. We're djinn so it's only natural we'd name our children after famous and infamous demons.

Reproduction Day One:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Painter
Skill Challenge 1: Brushmaster
Skill Challenge 2: Proficient Painter
Unique Best Friend: Blake Grayson
Unique LTR: No Bills Ever
5 Object Collection: 3 Butterflies

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Painter
Skill Challenge 1: Brushmaster
Skill Challenge 2: Proficient Painter
Unique Best Friend: Nicholas Riverhawk
Unique LTR: Sauvé Seller
5 Object Collection: 2 Butterflies

Reproduction Day One Drones:

Name: Lilith Fable
Max Skill: Athletic
Career: Professional Sports
Property/Business: Llama Memorial Stadium
New Home: Country Dream Cottage, 13 Meadow Beach Dr

Name: Mara Fable
Max Skill: Alchemy
Career: Fortune Teller
Property/Business: Gypsy Wagon
New Home: Handcrafted Masterpiece, 9 Cottonwood Ct

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 15/10)
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 02:14:50 PM »
I love the shot of Ifrit standing there with a fire in front of him, just kind of shrugging like it didn't bother him  ::)

Congrats on completing your first reproduction day!  Lilith and Mara both turned out very lovely :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 02:22:44 PM »
Pretend-to-be-a-Cat Day should be declared an official holiday. Maybe not, in my household it would mean scratching the carpet and peeing on the bathroom floor.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:11 PM »
I love the shot of Ifrit standing there with a fire in front of him, just kind of shrugging like it didn't bother him  ::)

Congrats on completing your first reproduction day!  Lilith and Mara both turned out very lovely :)

I loved his reaction storywise but in-game I had no idea if he was glitched, going to die or just neutral to whatever was happening. I had some very good looking drones, Jinni's nose was passed on to more of the drones than Ifrit's but overall they were good genes.

Pretend-to-be-a-Cat Day should be declared an official holiday. Maybe not, in my household it would mean scratching the carpet and peeing on the bathroom floor.

I wish it was real, I love cats  ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 09:17:36 AM »
Reproduction Day: Two

With the first of the drones gone, Ifrit and I wasted no time preparing for our second reproduction day. The bare plot of land to the left side of the house was turned into a garden. We spread seeds in straight lines, fertilised them with the best ingredients and encouraged them to grow. While we waited for the first shoots and weeds to appear by reading and watching Sim Gardeners' World.

When we had gathered quite a collection of sunlight from the dancing sunflowers our garden bloomed almost instantly sometimes. The process of weeding, water and tending our own patch took us both at least half a day that we only had time to eat, shower, have brief phone calls with our best friends before going back to bed.

At last we were ready to sell our harvest. Ifrit and I both went to the consignment store, each in our own cars. We waited for our sale and it had been so long since we'd been on a date that I rejected all his flirting.

Then he produced some beautiful red flowers for me that I couldn't resist.

"Stop standing like that, you're like a creepy old man."

As we were leaning in for a kiss we both shot to the top of our career and headed to Town Hall for our service rewards. We celebrated at home and let's just say we were not looking for Narnia.

"Baking buns again?" He asked a few days later.

I just giggled and gobbled up the rest of my crepes.

Reproduction Day Two:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Gardener
Skill Challenge 1: Master Farmer
Skill Challenge 2: Botanical Boss
Unique Best Friend: Catarina Vanderburg
Unique LTR: Multi-Tasker
5 Object Collection: 2 Spotlight Mushrooms

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Gardener
Skill Challenge 1: Master Farmer
Skill Challenge 2: Botanical Boss
Unique Best Friend: Renauld Vanderburg
Unique LTR: Stone Hearted
5 Object Collection: 3 Red Toadstools

Reproduction Day Two Drones:

Name: Kathab Fable
Max Skill: Logic
Career: Ghost Hunter
Property/Business: Shady Pines Historical Cemetery
New Home: Summer Sleepover, 9 Azure Lake Av

Name: Ghul Fable
Career: Medical
Property/Business: Sacred Spleen Memorial Hospital
New Home: Unfurled, 11 Meadow Beach Dr

Name: Isis Fable
Career: Private Investigator
Property/Business: Meadow Beach
New Home: Solitary Haven, 4 Spruce St

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 16/10)
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 07:19:51 PM »
One thing I really like about this challenge is that the collections don't have to be valuable. In fact, I think it's funny when they're not worth much at all.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 01:34:06 AM »
Wow you're drones are GORGEOUS!!! But then again you DID have some great genes to pass down from your King and Queen! Really enjoying this!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 05:30:39 AM »
One thing I really like about this challenge is that the collections don't have to be valuable. In fact, I think it's funny when they're not worth much at all.

Absolutely, it was always the first requirement I completed.

Wow you're drones are GORGEOUS!!! But then again you DID have some great genes to pass down from your King and Queen! Really enjoying this!

Thank you so much, I adored them  ;D Jinni is actually Mika Moore from the University town. I just gave her new traits and a CC beauty spot, the rest is pure Mika. I think Ifrit is just one of the pre-made sims, he's been in my bin for so long I really can't remember.

I need to start on the epilogue now that I've completed the challenge but I'm not sure if I should aim for a Good or bad ending, please let me know  :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2014, 07:18:05 AM »
Reproduction Day: Three

We started our third reproduction day studying alchemy and growing more ingredients. I was a little disappointed to learn that I'd forgotten all the elixir recipes I'd gathered over the years - before even beginning this challenge Ifrit and I had gone through a deep cleansing of all skills.  We already had an infinite source of gems and metals from Anubis and he had moved out with Lilith who was more fond of him than Ifrit and I put together.

Then we started on the fun part of alchemy: creating elixirs. I was glad to be able to start preparing elixirs I had invented myself, most were perfumes and body mists. I was in my element while Ifrit was a little less enthusiastic, churning his cauldron slowly and managing to create just one elixir while I had more luck making two each time.

As we didn't want to risk making too many friends we tested out the elixirs on each other at Aleister's, Ifrit had already consigned our creations. Unfortunately for me he choose a Flask of Angry Bees - "Accidently", he told me. As dozens of those miserable creatures proceeded to sting me Ifrit laughed while trying to apologise.

I got my revenge when it was my turn!

"Ow... OK, enough... ow... let's get down to business,"

The rest of the afternoon was spent in throwing Vials of Bliss and collecting service rewards again.

We were not sure if we wanted Fertility Treatment as a unique reward or share it, we had made plenty of Procreation Elixirs just in case and put one to use that night.

Reproduction Day Three:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Alchemist
Skill Challenge 1: Master Alchemist
Skill Challenge 2: Alchemists Anonymous
Unique Best Friend: Jessica Willow
Unique LTR: Bookshop Bargainer
5 Object Collection: 3 Vial of Potent Bliss Elixirs

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Alchemist
Skill Challenge 1: Master Alchemist
Skill Challenge 2: Alchemists Anonymous
Unique Best Friend: Kris Meadows
Unique LTR: Complimentary Entertainment
5 Object Collection: 2 Vial Of Bliss Elixirs

Reproduction Day Three Drones:

Name: Deva Fable
Max Skill: Street Art
Career: Journalism
Property/Business: EverFresh Delights Supermarket
New Home: Classic Façade, 77 Subalpine Blvd

Name: Humbaba Fable
Career: Military
Property/Business: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner
New Home: Lakeside Villa, 16 Poplar Dr

Name: Kali Fable
Career: Business
Property/Business: Doo Peas Corporate Tower
New Home: Lemon Château, 15 Poplar Dr

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 17/10)
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
I like the outfits that the three kids had from this reproduction day.  That Indian theme looked really nice and seemed to really suit them well  :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2014, 06:04:24 AM »
I like the outfits that the three kids had from this reproduction day.  That Indian theme looked really nice and seemed to really suit them well  :)

Thank you! Although I was too lazy to give the drones their own colour scheme I thought unique outfits would suffice.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2014, 10:45:03 AM »
Reproduction Day: Four

Silence ruled for the next week or so as Ifrit and I concentrated on our logic skill, sitting for hours at the chess table in front of our lovely fire.

Putting out fires had become my forte and just minutes later I'd win against Ifrit for the hundredth time.

We both joined the Ghost Hunting profession. I wanted to explore Hidden Springs which I hadn't been able to, so far I'd been to the consignment store and Town Hall for my rewards and the drones graduations.

We were at level three on our first night. Ifrit dealt with poltergeists that haunted Sims' beds and other furniture around the house - why they did this, I never really found out but if I die and return as a spirit I'll let you know.

He then scanned another house. He'd felt the coldness that accompanies spirits creeping in and moments later a ghost passed through him. Several attempts were made to ask the ghost to move on and each time he'd get ectoplasm spat into his face. Ifrit choose to use the Banshee Banisher from then on.

The Job Boosters we'd created during our last reproduction day came in very handy, especially towards the higher levels of our career.

One night I was called to Lillith's house to investigate a haunting.

To my surprise it turned out to be the spirit of an old mistress of mine. I lied through my teeth about her descendants living prosperous lives due to the wealth I'd granted her.

"She knows you're lying," I heard Anubis II say.

"Shut up, I'm doing really well here."

"What are you talking about? I don't have descendants, I died in that bloody fountain of youth pool you rustled up."

Oops. I ignored Anubis' smug grin and hastily Banished her before she started haunting me instead.

Like Ifrit I no longer bothered with the lying and relied heavily on the trusty Banisher.

We both quit our careers to focus on finding celestial bodies. I was pleased to name many of them after my parents, places I had visited and myself of course.

We then called our best friends and taught them both as much about logic as we could. Ifrit finished first and I had to quickly search the local parks for random paparazzi to tutor.

By the end of the week we had triplets due to Ifrit and I investing in the Fertility Treatment reward - the children's' music station had driven me beyond insane at that point.

Reproduction Day Four:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Ghost Hunter
Skill Challenge 1: Celestial Explorer
Skill Challenge 2: Skill Professor
Unique Best Friend: Scott Chesterfield
Unique LTR: Strong Stomach
5 Object Collection: 2 Spirits

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Ghost Hunter
Skill Challenge 1: Celestial Explorer
Skill Challenge 2: Skill Professor
Unique Best Friend: Bruce Chesterfield
Unique LTR: Fireproof Homestead
5 Object Collection: 3 Spirits

Reproduction Day Four Drones:

Name: Utukku Fable
Career: Criminal
Property/Business: Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp.
New Home: Impeccable Manor, 4 Beryl Ct

Name: Asmodeus Fable
Career: Architectural Designer
Property/Business: Aleister's Elixirs & Sundries
New Home: Rustic Living, 11 Subalpine Cir

Name: Gorgon Fable
Career: Education
Property/Business: Port-A-Party Mini Warehouse
New Home: Charming In Blue, 53 Subalpine Blvd

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 18/10)
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
the children's' music station had driven me beyond insane at that point.

Much agreed  ;D  I got tired of hearing it with the Rigel's so I totally understand.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 07:54:14 PM »
Much agreed  ;D  I got tired of hearing it with the Rigel's so I totally understand.

It was at this point I remembered to switch my speaker off, I'm so slow sometimes :P

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 08:42:15 PM »
However do you manage two ghost hunters at the same time? One is crazy at times.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2014, 07:01:39 AM »
However do you manage two ghost hunters at the same time? One is crazy at times.

Alot of switching between Jinni and Ifrit took place. It wasn't too difficult and levelling logic as high as possible helped.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 11:20:42 AM »
Reproduction Day: Five

It was an easy decision to choose the next career to pursue: fire fighting. On the first day Ifrit and I strode to work confidently only to find our co-workers were all elderly Sims. They pottered around the fire station chatting, watching television or sliding down the fire poles merely to climb up a flight again and make use of the poles once more.

Around midday we had heard the alarm ring. I got to the fire engine before Ifrit so I drove while he grumbled - I let him turn on the siren which appeased him somewhat.

It was a small fire, nothing exciting and soon we went back to the station to maintain the engine and fire alarm, we listened to the handiness tabcasts while enjoying some of our favourite television shows - it was the finale of The Great Simlish Bake Off.

Seeing no need to return home we spent our days at the station. During daylight hours we made friends with our co-workers and advanced at a snail's pace up the progress bar, but at night we laboured away at our athletics training to hit new promotions.

There was just one fire to put out - again I beat Ifrit to the extinguisher - and we were both made Fire Chiefs.

It was time to return home to upgrade all the appliances around the house.

I was called to Town Hall by the current mayor to receive my own Key To The City.

The next day we continued with unique upgrades and this time Ifrit was honoured by a call from the mayor.

To both of our surprises the mayor had changed overnight.

We resigned from our careers and jogged all over Hidden Springs for the completion of our last skill challenge, Marathon Runner.

As I was heavily pregnant with triplets, Ifrit suddenly started sparkling. We both panicked, not knowing what was happening only to find out it was his birthday!

When I set down my last nooboo in his crib I also got a shock of my own - it had been over five thousand years since I last celebrated my birth so aging into a full adult was a complete surprise.

Reproduction Day Five:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Firefighter
Skill Challenge 1: Tinkerer
Skill Challenge 2: Marathon Runner
Unique Best Friend: Christoff Colby
Unique LTR: Eye Candy
5 Object Collection: 3 Upgraded Stoves

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Firefighter
Skill Challenge 1: Tinkerer
Skill Challenge 2: Marathon Runner
Unique Best Friend: Simon Cho
Unique LTR: Discount Diner
5 Object Collection: 2 Upgraded Stoves

Reproduction Day Five Drones:

Name: Mammon Fable
Career: Musician
Property/Business: Wilsonoff Community Theatre
New Home: Woodsmen's Gateway, 6 Alder St

Name: Nabu Fable
Career: Writer
Property/Business: The Brightmore
New Home: Abundant Luxury, 2 Ponderosa Ct

Name: Enki Fable
Max Skill: Photography
Career: Photographer
Property/Business: Paul A Wilkes Natural Museum
New Home: Style Centre, 25 Bristlecone Way

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 19/10)
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2014, 11:23:35 AM »
I got to the fire engine before Ifrit so I drove while he grumbled - I let him turn on the siren which appeased him somewhat.

Seems like Jinni has an extra child named Ifrit  ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »
Seems like Jinni has an extra child named Ifrit  ;D

So true! It was great to see how lovey-dovey they became and then Ifrit would do something childish - I randomly rolled his Jock trait and didn't realise how fun childish could be.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 03:22:13 PM »
How many drones did you need?

I needed 39 but had 40 in total.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 03:27:03 PM »
I needed 39 but had 40 in total.

I have a domination dynasty that I'm doing as a side project and I have the same number.  It always seems like such a tremendous goal to achieve, especially since they're only at three kids right now...Best of luck to you as your progress toward your goal  ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 03:34:17 PM »
I have a domination dynasty that I'm doing as a side project and I have the same number.  It always seems like such a tremendous goal to achieve, especially since they're only at three kids right now...Best of luck to you as your progress toward your goal  ;D

Thank you very much!  ;) When I first realised I'd need 14 RD I almost quit and started looking for a smaller town, Hidden Springs is just too beautiful to give up on but I got there in the end. I'm just stuck on what to do for the epilogue, I took a few screenshots but nothing else  ???

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »
Enjoying this very much! Your King, Queen, and drones are simply beautiful.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 06:45:27 AM »
Enjoying this very much! Your King, Queen, and drones are simply beautiful.

Thank you  :D Glad to know people actually like what I write.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 09:42:31 AM »
Reproduction Day: Six

This reproduction day started with excitement and ended with, "Thank the Gods that's over,"

The prospect of sculpting material into beautiful creations soon became tiring and repetitive. Even when we were given chainsaws, instead of rejoicing we groaned and covered our ears with the most expensive noise-cancelling headphones we could find.

We were grateful when we could finally pose for our collection pieces.

And even more joyous to bring home our beautiful little girls.

Reproduction Day Six:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Sculptor
Skill Challenge 1: Chiselmeister
Skill Challenge 2: Ice Personality
Unique Best Friend: Charles Winterly
Unique LTR: The Hustler
5 Object Collection: 2 Ice Sculptures

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Sculptor
Skill Challenge 1: Chiselmeister
Skill Challenge 2: Ice Personality
Unique Best Friend: Emmit Preston
Unique LTR: No Jealousy
5 Object Collection: 3 Ice Sculptures

Reproduction Day Six Drones:

Name: Shedim Fable
Career: Culinary
Property/Business: Little Corsican Bistro
New Home: Traditional Chic, 55 Subalpine Blvd

Name: Ishtar Fable
Career: Painter
Property/Business: Flying V's Coffeehouse
New Home: Cozy Cabin, 42 Bristlecone Way

Name: Asura Fable
Career: Science
Property/Business: Landgraab Industries Science Facility
New Home: Craftsman Dream, 6 Azure Lake Ave

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 20/10)
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 01:14:52 PM »
I like the pose of the girls from this reproduction day.  Really cute  :)

It's one of my favourite poses to use for friends and siblings. This RD was very boring  :(

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 20/10)
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
Reproduction Day: Seven

Ifrit and I decided to do something a little more exciting than our last miserable reproduction day. We signed up as singers and each bought our own guitars and started strumming away tunelessly.

Ifrit had no problems performing Sing-A-Grams but I was a little embarrassed and because of that I failed my first few clients who smiled politely and said it was nothing to worry about.

As we worked our way up the career ladder we built a stage to practise for our live acts and even called our children for reviews. Mammon was kind enough to give us tips on crowd-pleasing songs to use , special effects and of course the stage set up.

I went for a Gothic setting for my show at Flying V. It helped to see my children shouting encouragements and even staying several hours after the show as I got out my guitar and set my cashbox to one side.

Ifrit got to perform at a SimFest. He had a steampunk vibe going. I was jealous not to have been able to audition but that didn't stop me from cheering him on and throwing roses onto the stage. At the end of his performance he picked them up and blew me kisses.

We then spent all day and night to bring in §25k each. It was easy to complete when we threw parties or found large gatherings of Sims. I don't think I'd ever seen so many Sims in the usually empty parks around Hidden Springs before.

Reproduction Day Seven:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Singer
Skill Challenge 1: Master Guitarist
Skill Challenge 2: Money Maker
Unique Best Friend: Star Shue
Unique LTR: That Was Deliberate
5 Object Collection: 3 Fireflies

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Singer
Skill Challenge 1: Master Guitarist
Skill Challenge 2: Money Maker
Unique Best Friend: Davy Cho
Unique LTR: Engaging
5 Object Collection: 2 Fireflies

Reproduction Day Seven Drones:

Name: Astaroth Fable
Career: Stylist
Property/Business: Divisadero Budget Books
New Home: Classically Lovely, 27 Bristlecone Way

Name: Marid Fable
Career: Law Enforcement
Property/Business: The Golden Ticket Toy Shop
New Home: Modern Mansion, 10 Alder St

Name: Golem Fable
Career: Horseman
Property/Business: Petite Pony Equestrian Centre
Best Friend: Emmit Preston
New Home: Perfect Family Home, 50 Subalpine Blvd

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 21/10)
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »
Aww!  Ifrit blew kisses to Jinni while on stage!  How cute!  I don't think they dislike each other as much as they claim  ;)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »
Aww!  Ifrit blew kisses to Jinni while on stage!  How cute!  I don't think they dislike each other as much as they claim  ;)

If Herit behaves herself I'm sure they'll have a happily ever after :D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 12:39:35 PM »
Reproduction Day: Eight

While Ifrit and I sketched design ideas for our new career our thoughts went back to the first two weeks of our lives together. We were now much richer but all our savings were spent on our children so we decided for the next reproduction day we would defiantly have to travel abroad - there was one place we both wanted to visit.

I met with Eunice Pertridge outside her home to discuss the renovation of her bedroom. She had grown from a sour young woman to a mature elder, casting aside her dislike for Ella and had moved into a new house she'd paid for with her own money - well, she was a thief so I assume it wasn't all her own.

I decorated Eunice's room with delicate flower patterns, an expensive bed she'd thank me for after a good night's sleep and kept the decor simple with just one rustic painting and glass furniture to enhance the room's space and to add a little sophistication.

When we weren't working on commissions, we created potions - particularly young again potions as we knew we were only halfway through the challenge by now.

Ifrit had a much lazier approach with work. He'd done a splendid job for Dennis Chesterfield's Edwardian style kitchen but he hadn't bothered with ordering the cabinets and appliances in fresh new colours. I'm sure Dennis wasn't entirely too happy with the default colours but he paid well enough for Ifrit to reach his final promotion.

We still needed quite a lot of money so we took up painting again to sell at the consignment store, Ifrit no longer needed to pay fees so it was all profits from then on.

Reproduction Day Eight:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Architectural Designer
Skill Challenge 1: Master Sculptor
Skill Challenge 2: Master Chemist
Unique Best Friend: Francisca Vanderburg
Unique LTR: Motive Mobile
5 Object Collection: 2 Potions

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Architectural Designer
Skill Challenge 1: Master Sculptor
Skill Challenge 2: Master Chemist
Unique Best Friend: Sebastian Vanderburg
Unique LTR: Moodlet Manager
5 Object Collection: 3 Potions

Reproduction Day Eight Drones:

Name: Ja-Thoom Fable
Career: Daycare
Property/Business: Hidden Springs Day Spa
New Home: The Treasure Trove, 51 Subalpine Blvd

Name: Imp Fable
Career: Acrobat
Property/Business: Crystal Solarium Rejuvenating Waters
New Home: Rose Haven, 52 Bristlecone Way

Name: Foras Fable
Career: Sports Agent
Property/Business: Whole Body Fitness
New Home: Bachelor's Paradise, 5 Ponderosa Ave

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 22/10)
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 07:00:03 AM »
Congrats on another successful reproduction day :)

Thank you  ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 22/10)
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 07:09:04 AM »
Reproduction Day: Nine

As I mentioned last time, Ifrit and I were pining for home. We booked a week's holiday to Egypt and went our separate ways after arriving at base camp.

"Don't kill anyone, please?" Ifrit called over his shoulder at me.

"Don't knock up any of the local ladies or else," I replied, seeing a sly grin on his face.

I breezed through the small town, taking in the smell of dates hanging from the trees and the profusion of spices wafting from the neighbouring kitchens. The much-trodden path I was taking had been in use in my days too, back then it led to the temples and we'd sing and dance on festival days - we'd have freshly cleaned clothes and new cones of perfumed wax sitting comfortably on our heads that dripped sweet fragrances as they melted in the hot sun. Later it had become a popular trading caravan route until the modern age had turned it into a tourist track.

I spent much of the day visiting my old haunts. There was still a small oasis where Herit and I had learnt to swim, a fishing hole where a ship had been blow in by one of the worst sandstorms I'd ever witnessed but nothing remained of the foundations of my village. I wasn't really expecting to find anything after all this time but I had hoped just a little.

Ifrit called me as the sun was setting. We met up a few miles away from the sphinx to recall memories and watch the never-changing stars.

"My Father named that star after me when I was born," I told Ifrit, pointing to a tiny white light - the residue of a star that had already died millions of years before my birth.

"You were luckier than some. I never knew my parents and didn't care to find out. As much as I hate to admit it, Herit was the first Sim to see me as another living being."

I looked sideways at him. Even in the dark there was an unmistakable rush of colour to his cheeks. "Did you fall in love with her?"

"No,"

"Did you woohoo with her?"

"No!"

I didn't know whether to believe him or not, Herit had never been interested in romance though she had been in a few relationships that strictly were more or less polygamous.

Pushing away all thoughts of Ifrit and Herit doing unmentionable things, I declared we'd pursue photography and tour around China and France after we'd completed the Photog challenge here.

I knew all the tricks to open the tombs and Ifrit and I adventured through the easier pyramids first. We took turns to set up our cameras and chose the right angles and filters for each subject.

I'd had never heard of King Raymundo Rodiekhkare, he was probably one of those pharaohs crowned during the great plague that swept through Egypt killing Sims of all social status that a new one took his place every other week.

As he lumbered towards me I snapped a quick photograph and Ifrit did the same. Raymundo decided it would be easier to fight a woman and I am ashamed to say I lost that battle easily while my traitor husband cheered on the mummy.

Ifrit had to carry me to base after that, all I remember is him singing an old lullaby that sent me to the land of dreams.

The next day Ifrit practised with the snake charming basket. I still needed a few more pictures so I took many random shots of the locals, the tourists trying to figure out the secret openings of tombs and Ifrit trying to lure the cobra for a kiss.

We returned home to sell our collection and then went on very short trips to China and France - where we gathered grapes for our next career.

Reproduction Day Nine:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Photographer
Skill Challenge 1: Architectural Eye
Skill Challenge 2: Photog
Unique Best Friend: Sidney Shawkti
Unique LTR: Super Green Thumb
5 Object Collection: 3 Beetles

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Photographer
Skill Challenge 1: Architectural Eye
Skill Challenge 2: Photog
Unique Best Friend: Dany Shue
Unique LTR: Inheritance
5 Object Collection: 2 Beetles

Reproduction Day Nine Drones:

Name: Abaddon Fable
Career: Art Appraiser
Property/Business: Beryl Lane Picnic Spot
New Home: Just Enough Bungalow, 54 Subalpine Blvd

Name: Shezmu Fable
Career: Magician
Property/Business: Performance Park
New Home: Naturally Simplistic, 8 Alder St

Name: Ninlil Fable
Career: Video Game Developer
Property/Business: Eloise C Vanderburg's Home For Books
New Home: The Hideout, 9 Meadow Beach Dr

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 23/10)
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 01:30:03 PM »
Nice job with the photography skill!  It's always a skill that I've wanted to try but have never really attempted  ::)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 07:26:07 AM »
Nice job with the photography skill!  It's always a skill that I've wanted to try but have never really attempted  ::)

You should go for it, it's really fun to play with. I also had never tried it until my life state and since then it's one of the skills I always consider for use in future projects.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
Reproduction Day: Ten

All the grapes we had harvested from France were laid out into the garden. Using the singing sunflowers again we were able to produce almost four hundred grapes each within two weeks.

The nectar making machines were upgraded for improved pressing - we really needed those extra bottles.

Although we had nectar in my days I didn't get involved in the actual nectar making. There were no machines then so all the pressing were done by feet, as Ifrit and I are demonstrating, then it would be pressed further in a large sack that two people had to turn at opposite ends. The work was quite gruelling but with the modern machines we turned the handles to their correct positions and sat back to watch as our nectar was boiled and blended with extra helpings of honey for sweetness.

We chose our most expensive bottles for our collection and sold the rest for a tidy sum. The drones from this reproduction day had no problems purchasing and upgrading their required properties and also still be able to buy their own homes.

Reproduction Day Ten:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Nectar Making
Skill Challenge 1: Mix Master
Skill Challenge 2: Flavourful Feet
Unique Best Friend: Gary Shue
Unique LTR: Better Mixologist
5 Object Collection: 2 Perfect Cranerlet Nectar Bottles

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Nectar Making
Skill Challenge 1: Mix Master
Skill Challenge 2: Flavourful Feet
Unique Best Friend: Kasey Etheridge
Unique LTR: Artisan Crafter
5 Object Collection: 3 Perfect Cranerlet Nectar Bottles

Reproduction Day Ten Drones:

Name: Bes Fable
Career: Alchemist
Property/Business: Redwood Peak Viewing Area
New Home: Pristine & Pretty, 8 Ponderosa Ave

Name: Hob Fable
Career: Inventor
Property/Business: Shoreline Cabin
New Home: Newly Arrived Domicile, 12 Cedar Rd

Name: Goblin Fable
Career: Political
Property/Business: Louie Falls
New Home: Sustainable Oasis, 18 Subalpine Cir

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 24/10)
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
Good thinking on harvesting the grapes ahead of time when they were in France  ;)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »
Good thinking on harvesting the grapes ahead of time when they were in France  ;)

I learn from my many mistakes  ;)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2014, 06:15:45 AM »
Reproduction Day: Eleven

Night fishing was something we started getting used to. It didn't help that there was a waterfall gushing away and random sprays would drench us in seconds. Fortunately Goblin had purchased Louie Falls from the previous reproduction day so were could freshen up and make use of the hot tub.

As soon as we were able to catch deathfish, Ifrit and I camped at the cemetery. There were plenty of new headstones from the recently deceased townsfolk and some very old ones too, names worn away by centuries of decay but some I read: Jack Blackburn - blunt force trauma - Merida Bast - arrows in the eyes - and Hansel Bastet - death by fire. The last two were most certainly Herit's spawn.

We could see the deathfish swimming happily under the grey smoke hanging over the small pond, ignoring our baits that only the vampire fish we greedy enough to bite.

But as the sun began to rise Ifrit caught his first deathfish and whooped with joy, an arrogant look on his face as caught another within minutes.

It wasn't until the next night that I also began catching the elusive breed. The plan then was now to go back to Egypt and catch new species we wouldn't find in Hidden Springs.

We cast our lines sending velvety ripples across the once calm waters and I told Ifrit about the sandstorm, motioning to the hulk behind us and using visual magic to show him the real event from my point of view. Fishing was a long and slow process so it was a chance for us to learn new things about each other's lives.

The same routine was followed in China. We had only made a brief stop before so this time, after our fishing challenges were complete, Ifrit and I took selfies in front of the Dragon Cave and found peace in The Scholar's Garden.

Back home, we proceeded to work away at the Glassblowing Machine to create our collection - glass dragon eggs.

Reproduction Day Eleven:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Angler
Skill Challenge 1: Amateur Ichthyologist
Skill Challenge 2: Commercial Fisherman
Unique Best Friend: Maritza Carroll
Unique LTR: Above Reproach
5 Object Collection: 3 Glass Dragon Eggs

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Angler
Skill Challenge 1: Amateur Ichthyologist
Skill Challenge 2: Commercial Fisherman
Unique Best Friend: Jesse Pena
Unique LTR: Body Sculptor
5 Object Collection: 2 Glass Dragon Eggs

Reproduction Day Eleven Drones:

Name: Banshee Fable
Career: Gardener
Property/Business: Landgraab Swap 'n' Sell
New Home: Sweet Château, 29 Bristlecone Way

Name: Wendigo Fable
Career: Law Enforcement
Property/Business: Hidden Gardens
New Home: The Fun House, 3 Cedar Ct

Name: Ravana Fable
Career: Nectar Maker
Property/Business: Fairyfolk Park
New Home: Little Cottage Getaway, 3 Ash Dr

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 25/10)
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 11:56:43 AM »
The glass dragon eggs looked awesome!

They sure do, I'm a little sad they don't show up so well.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 25/10)
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »
Reproduction Day: Twelve

Had I known writing would be so dull, I'm sure this reproduction day would not have happened. The two of us barely talked, our fingers moved at a rapid pace across the keyboards, spewing out everything we knew on sports - from kids rounders games to a new growth of male cheerleaders.

Ifrit had a tendency to always surpass me in our careers, so he took to glassblowing again to decorate our house - even though we had no need for it - and I dolefully sat at my desk to write another dozen or so books.

After our tremendous experience with a hot tub at Louie Fall, we bought our own and it was great to relax my aching and somewhat stiff joints.

It also served another purpose...

Reproduction Day Twelve:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Writer
Skill Challenge 1: Sports Writer
Skill Challenge 2: Speed Writer
Unique Best Friend: Darren Marks
Unique LTR: Acclaimed Author
5 Object Collection: 2 Sports Books

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Writer
Skill Challenge 1: Sports Writer
Skill Challenge 2: Speed Writer
Unique Best Friend: Cornelius Waite
Unique LTR: Collection Helper
5 Object Collection: 3 Sports Books

Reproduction Day Twelve Drones:

Name: Anzu Fable
Career: Professional Sports
Property/Business: Silver Zephyr Poolside Retreat
New Home: Ultimate Family Retreat, 8 Lakeside Dr

Name: Nasnas Fable
Career: Fortune Teller
Property/Business: Redwood Heights Luxury Lodge
New Home: Comfort Central, 52 Subalpine Blvd

Name: Aamon Fable
Career: Writer
Property/Business: Varg's Tavern
Best Friend: Charles Winterly
New Home: Ponderosa Place, 3 Ponderosa Ave

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 26/10)
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
Reproduction Day: Thirteen

Ifrit and I had purposely avoided the junkyard since first stepping foot in Hidden Springs. It had become a dumping ground for all sorts of rubbish and machines past their glory days, and some Sims even left spilling bin bags so we had to magically clean each other several times a day - our OCD was out of control during this time.

We worked together to sort through the junk to gather scrap we'd need for our current career. It was easier to spend a few hundred simoleons now that we were filthy rich and I refused to visit the junkyard after that.

I took a cautious approach to my dabbling, carefully screwing in new bolts and buffing the surfaces over and over again to give them a new shine.

Ifrit preferred to just throw a heap of things together, using the blowtorch to meld them into new and exciting 'shapes' that he called toys - I know for sure those things were hazardous to children so I made lengthy inspections on each item before setting it aside for the consignment store.

Our experiments with the inventing workbench weren't always successful. Crying out in surprise to find our bum on fire became quite frequent and we had to install outdoors showers to put ourselves out. No pain, no gain as they say because after our wild dances we were able to produce higher quality widgets and even a time machine.

The time machines we built were ugly grey blocks, not the beautiful blue of the TARDIS with her glitzy decor and dashing doctor. Ifrit went to the future, not to find our descendants but to see if we were still together in two hundred years time - the answer? Well, you and I will both have to wait and see.

I chose the past. I went to see what happened to my parents after my disappearance. Herit was nowhere in sight so I was safe to enter my old home - still smelling of cinnamon and freshly harvested honey - and I had to hold in my tears when my parents found me. It was an emotional journey, I told them I had just decided to up and leave our tribe to explore the wilderness of Simnation. Whether they believed me or not I'm not sure but I was beginning to fade and had to hurry back to the time machine which spat me out like something rotten. I was glad to have given my parents some peace even if it had involved lying - partially, I was totally fine except for the whole turned-into-a-djiini thing and I had children like Mother wanted.

We were thankful to all the steampunk fans around the Simverse as our 'vintage' inventions sold faster than we could keep track of.

Reproduction Day Thirteen

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Inventor
Skill Challenge 1: The Scrap Collector
Skill Challenge 2: Widget Wonder
Unique Best Friend: Sam Fields
Unique LTR: Food Replicator
5 Object Collection: 3 Widgets

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Inventor
Skill Challenge 1: The Scrap Collector
Skill Challenge 2: Widget Wonder
Unique Best Friend: Elliott Fagan
Unique LTR: Philosopher's Stone
5 Object Collection: 2 Widgets

Reproduction Day Thirteen Drones:

Name: Rahab Fable
Career: Musician
Property/Business: Lars' Disco-Tech
Best Friend: Gary Shue
New Home: Shue Place, 16 Meadow Beach Dr

Name: Siris Fable
Career: Gardener
Property/Business: Mick's Master Karaoke
Best Friend: Minzi Cho
New Home: Seaside Mansion, 2 Lake View Way

Name: Pazuzu Fable
Career: Stylist
Property/Business: Han's Tavern & Cafe
New Home: The Tidewater

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 27/10)
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2014, 11:28:41 AM »
Almost done! Almost done!

I vote for a good ending by the way.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2014, 01:04:19 PM »
Ifrit went to the future, not to find our descendants but to see if we were still together in two hundred years time - the answer? Well, you and I will both have to wait and see.

I have my fingers crossed  ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 03:03:28 PM »
Almost done! Almost done!

I vote for a good ending by the way.

You don't know how pleased I was when this reproduction day was done, knowing I was so close to the end  ;D

I have my fingers crossed  ;D

There are two different futures depending on what ending gets chosen  ;)

I was going to post the last RD today but my sister had her baby this morning so I've been busy taking care of her older daughter and visiting the hospital. I'm really exhausted but it gives anyone interested in voting another day to decide on what ending they'd like. So far it's one vote for good and my younger sister says go with bad.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 04:24:06 PM »
You don't know how pleased I was when this reproduction day was done, knowing I was so close to the end  ;D

There are two different futures depending on what ending gets chosen  ;)

I was going to post the last RD today but my sister had her baby this morning so I've been busy taking care of her older daughter and visiting the hospital. I'm really exhausted but it gives anyone interested in voting another day to decide on what ending they'd like. So far it's one vote for good and my younger sister says go with bad.

Congrats on your new niece/nephew :) I also vote for a happy ending because I am an absolute sucker for a happy ending!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2014, 03:30:41 AM »
Good endings all the way! Or you could do both, just to satisfy my curiosity ;)

By samoht04

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:34 AM »
I like the idea of two endings, sort of like a choose your own adventure. And congrats on the new family member!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »
Congrats on your new niece/nephew :) I also vote for a happy ending because I am an absolute sucker for a happy ending!

Oops, forgot to mention I have another niece.

Good endings all the way! Or you could do both, just to satisfy my curiosity ;)

I will share some snaps of how the Bad end would have played out in an extra chapter  :)

I like the idea of two endings, sort of like a choose your own adventure. And congrats on the new family member!

I've always loved the options of good/bad/happy endings from playing hundreds of choose-your-own-adventure and otome games  ;D

So, Good end is the winner - sorry little sis  ;) I'll be working on it in the next few days.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2014, 10:23:47 AM »
Reproduction Day: Fourteen

Each morning I would hastily eat my breakfast - sometimes choking in the process - then head to Performance Park to perform simple magician tricks that had been old long before you or I were even born.

My daughter Isis was a regular and often gave me huge tips if no other Sim showed up.

Ifrit was a little more creative. He chose Flying V as his stage and would relate the story of how djinn were created, since almost the whole town consisted of our children he thought it was worth teach them of their mother's history.

We worked together for the SimFest at the Warehouse. Ifrit volunteered for the Vanishing Sim illusion trick - our children were kind enough to not let slip what I'd really done was Banish Ifrit to the upper floor of the warehouse so he could make his big reveal to the few NPC Sims still around in Hidden Springs.

My last trick was the Watery Escape which I had only practised once. Luckily my lungs were strong due to being so athletic from my fire-fighting days and I survived to receive an encore.

We took our time with our last children, I admit we spoilt them and let them choose their own future. Choronzon wanted to be a doctor and Culsu a filmmaker, we had no studios in town so she was content with photography until she could inherit the house Ifrit and I had moved into many months ago.

Reproduction Day Fourteen:

Queen - Jinni Fable
Max Career: Magician
Skill Challenge 1: Master Of Nectar Making
Skill Challenge 2: Electrician
Unique Best Friend: Jaime Jarrell
Unique LTR: Friend Of The Kraken
5 Object Collection: 2 Gems

King - Ifrit Fable
Max Career: Magician
Skill Challenge 1: Master Of Nectar Making
Skill Challenge 2: Electrician
Unique Best Friend: Chuck Rodiek
Unique LTR: Teleportation Pad
5 Object Collection: 3 Gems

Reproduction Day Fourteen Drones:

Name: Choronzon Fable
Career: Medical
Property/Business: Subalpine Square
Best Friend: Cruz Underwood
New Home: Vanderburg Palace, 1 Lake View Place

Name: Culsu Fable
Career: Photographer
Property/Business: N/A
New Home: N/A

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 29/10)
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2014, 05:14:19 PM »
The last reproduction day!  Congrats!!

Thank you  ;D I have another update tomorrow with the 'honeycomb' room before I post the Good ending.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2014, 03:43:23 AM »
Huzzah for happy endings!

By samoht04

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »
Wow I disappear for a while and so many stories have come to an end!

Congrats on completing this challenge? Was this a HoF entry?

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »
Huzzah for happy endings!

Happy endings are hard to write, I had a lot more fun taking screenshots of the bad ending - don't worry I'll share my favourites  :)

Wow I disappear for a while and so many stories have come to an end!

Congrats on completing this challenge? Was this a HoF entry?

Yes, but I won't send in my stats to the Mods until I post the ending which should be tomorrow if I can complete writing it tonight.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2014, 11:18:33 AM »
Epilogue, Part I: Honeycomb

Queen Jinni and King Ifrit.

Fable drones and collections from Reproduction Day One to Seven:

Fable drones and collections from Reproduction Day Eight to Fourteen:

Domination completion: Week 30, Day 5 + 4 weeks abroad.

End date: Week 34, Day 5

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 30/10)
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 06:30:56 PM »

Epilogue, Part II: Gingerbread

"So, that's it, then." I sat up straight on the sofa and turned to Ifrit as he did the same.

"Yeah," he replied, sullenly.

Although we had started this journey not knowing anything about each other or even had romantic inclinations towards one another I was also feeling a little dismal that our time together had come to an end.

I pushed away these thoughts and grinned as I said, "Now's the part where you draw those pentacle things and take my lamp to Herit."

He frowned, almost as if he'd forgotten Herit's curse confining me to my lamp. "I... I'm sorry, there's something I need to confess." Ifrit's hands were clasped and he seemed to be playing thumb war with himself. "You see, I set you free as soon as I found your lamp. It took a while for you to regain consciousness so I... made up the pentacle stuff, it was all nonsense."

Ifrit avoided my gaze. To be perfectly honest I really don't know how to describe what I felt at that time: anger, confusion, joy, incredulous and then a rage that I could barely suppress.

"I'm sorry, Jinni." He tried to approach me but I held out my palms, I couldn't even look at him let alone speak.

"Our daughter's upstairs so I will spare your life. just give me her address." I snatched the small card he was taking out of his pocket and stomped away, letting tears finally fall when he couldn't see me. He didn't have the nerve to stop me.

I heard Culsu call after me. I didn't look back once as I slipped my seat belt into place and drove out of Hidden Springs despite the fact that I hadn't looked at Herit's address.

You would think the first thing I'd do was pay my sister a visit. Instead I ran away to Roaring Heights - it hadn't changed from my previous visit there over eighty years ago - then to Barnacle Bay. I had a wonderful time during the Pirate Era where my lamp was gambled away by pirates too juiced to think clearly and wish away their worries. I swam in the cove where I found old Bart dying and his last words - See you in Hell, love - and I didn't have the heart to tell him mine was the Egyptian underworld and no, we would never meet again. But those fond memories brought forth the pain of recent ones and so I travelled to a new place - Isla Paradiso.

I learnt to scuba dive, exploring the ocean floor which I didn't have the chance to do before and meeting a school of merfolk with their shimmering scales and seaweed hair was one of the highlights of my life. I rented a small beach house and read all through the cool nights whilst my days were spent underwater or sunbathing. One evening I hungered after crepes and it was only after eating a few mouthfuls that I burst into tears and dashed the plate against the wall, smearing strawberry and cream onto the pages of The Sakura Immortals.

It was time to face Herit, I'd postponed our reunion long enough so I rummaged inside my car to find her address and smoothed out the creases of the card to read: The Gingerbread House, Moonlight Falls. No street name or post code. I packed what little belongings I had and rang the agent to hand in my keys and paid my remaining fee in person then I waited for the boat ride back to the Continent.

I was intrigued by the little gingerbread cottage, it stuck out like a sore thumb among the fairly dull houses of Moonlight Falls,  with candy canes leading up to the front door in an inviting fashion. I bent to take a closer look.

They were plastic to my disappointment. I could feel a warm breeze slither down my neck and up my arms followed by the smell of charred skin. I wrinkled my nose and then heard an unearthly howl and my heart jumped to my throat, pulsating wildly.

"Hello, darling." The unmistakeably seductive voice.

"Herit!" I turned to face her, just to be shocked again: my sister was a ghost. "What in Sekhmet's name happened to you?" All other thoughts slipped from my mind as I stared at her, bewildered.

"Oh, darling, you should never have kids." She waved one hand in annoyance. "They'll be the death of you. Literally."

"I have forty," I replied a little too smugly.

Herit gave a short laugh, "Then may Hathor bless you with forty more! Come inside." She floated through the door then remembered to open it for me, smoke trails flowed behind her like a cloak. As I stepped through the entrance I felt the vibrations of a spell, similar to the one that bound me to my prison. I kept quiet.

We were in her living room that also served as a kitchen. Looking around I saw piles of cookery books and unfinished recipes spread all around, she had a canning and baker's station too so it seemed she was quite a cook these days - she didn't lift a finger to help with the harvests and festivals of the old days. The faint smell of liquorice and gingerbread lingered in the air.

"Did you build this house out of sweets?"

"Yes, a long time ago. It used to be real, then all these travellers got lost in my forest and started eating me out of my home. Literally,"—I wondered if she was one of those Sims addicted to social media sites—"It's all replica now. Sit," she said and began to brew tea. I watched her scoop sugar cubes and gently stir it in with the strawberry and raspberry tea bags - we still shared the same tastes - and the sweet but sharp infusion made my mouth water.

I sat and she set my cup before me. She drank the scorching hot tea right away, I don't suppose ghosts can really feel anything other than the cold of death. I watched the rosy tea slide down her throat and swirl away into nothing. Herit smiled at me kindly.

"Who's your baby-daddy?"

"Ifrit Geb,"

She beamed brightly. "Of all the potential bachelors you chose that boy,"

I remembered the affectionate way Ifrit had spoken of her that night in Egypt. Now I knew she had never thought of him in that way. Why did that seem to please me?

"How did you die?" I blew on my tea and sipped a little. Herit was blessed by Sekhmet so death by fire was strange to say the least but I was reminded of the headstone in Hidden Springs - Hansel Bastet who had perished in a fire.

"My two ungrateful kids locked me in my oven." She jerked her thumb at the baker's station. "Not only did they steal some of my powers but they burned my forest down too. All this used to be the Black Forest and now—"

"Wait, are you saying you're not a witch anymore?"

She shrugged. "I can still make my elixirs, they're just not as purely distilled as they used to be. I think Ammit devoured my soul, taking my remaining magic with it and before you ask she's just as frightening as Mother said she would be,"

I shuddered involuntarily. I don't look forward to meeting Ammit, knowing which way the scales will tip when Anubis judges me.

"So I'll be a djinni for all eternity then,"

"Is it so bad?"

"Of course it is. I'm your sister, Herit! How could you have done this to me?"

"There you go again, disrespecting me like always. That's what started all this, you never did like being the younger sibling,"

"That was not what started it. Gods, you're giving me a headache already."

"Why are you even here? Do you want revenge? Go for it, baby sis, because there is nothing you can do to hurt me - my kids have done it for you." She rubbed at her eyes.

No, those crocodile tears don't work on me anymore. "I came..." I left off and we sat in silence drinking tea, two sisters who didn't know how to communicate after thousands of years apart, both hating each other over something so stupid.

"It's not so bad being a djinni, apart from the lamp and all those energy draining wishes," I said at last. "I always wanted to travel and pick up new skills, I found love and lost it too."

My sister reached out a hand to me but I pulled away and wrapped them tightly around my cup. "I don't forgive you, in fact I never will but you're my sister and Mother wanted us to be civil so in her memory I can at least do that."

"Mother's favourite," she said softly. I swear I could have throttled her.

"You got your just desserts, pun intended." The chair scraped against the old wood flooring as I got up. "I don't know what to do, I mean you're a ghost and you're not giving off any magical energy so there's no way we can fight fairly. Having no power is punishment enough."

"Darling, I knew you always had a kinder heart than I." She gave me what could be passed as a warm hug, her arms hovering a couple of centimetres from me. "Um... there is something else." She lowered her head, either too shy to make a request or simply embarrassed.

"Set me free from this house, p-please?"

The spell I had sensed earlier was exactly what I thought: a binding curse. Herit's children were clever and as conniving as their mother. I laughed and gave her an accusatory look.

"No chance, after what you did to me I think it's time you had a taste of your own medicine."

"Gods, Jinni, I was a fool to think you'd care."

Before we could argue any further I turned my back on her. She followed after me, pleading and trying to stop me in vain but her hands went right through me - my insides complained -  and sped towards my car to see an invisible cord pull Herit back into the house. The sight left me quite scared so I got out of there as fast as my car could take me.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 08:05:19 PM »
So funny! Poor Heri, I almost feel bad for her but then again...

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »
So funny! Poor Heri, I almost feel bad for her but then again...

I loved playing with Herit, she's much easier to write and evil characters are fun in general ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2014, 06:32:02 AM »
Herit definitely got her just desserts.  Great pun by the way  ;)

Yes, she certainly did  ;) I wrote the pun without thinking and then it registered when I was reading through, sometimes speed writing is awesome.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2014, 06:56:00 AM »
Wow! Now that's what you call a Wham episode. Jinni was free the whole time? Herit became the witch from Hansel and Gretel? When she turned out to be a fire ghost I laughed out loud. How perfect. I love a fairy tale reference.

By samoht04

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2014, 06:59:40 AM »
Wow! Now that's what you call a Wham episode. Jinni was free the whole time? Herit became the witch from Hansel and Gretel? When she turned out to be a fire ghost I laughed out loud. How perfect. I love a fairy tale reference.

I thought I should explain why Jinni was outside her lamp in Ifrit's apartment and now was the best time, though she didn't take it so well. I am obsessed with fairy tales - Hansel and Gretel is my absolute favourite followed by the Snow Queen (sorry I hate Frozen with a passion) - and I wondered how Herit could have died in a fire so she became the Gingerbread house witch  ;D You may also notice Herit is a real Egyptian name but it's also a combination of Hansel and Gretel.

Third part of the prologue should be coming later today.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2014, 01:17:34 PM »

Epilogue, Part III: Love In The Time Of Djinns

Imagine the scene: Waylon's Haunt at  2am with neon lights blinking, quiet murmur from the television in the corner, the mixologist wipes the counter surface for the umpteenth time and this guy's bad pick up lines are starting to irritate me. The woman doesn't seem to mind, she tossed back her drink and motioned silently for another and smiled at what's-his-face. Her sparkling eyes caught mine and she smirks when I pretend to shoot myself.

I hear a squeal of delight. At the back of the bar a guy has proposed and he tenderly holds his fiancée's hand and clinks a cheap glass of champagne with the other. The girl is drop dead gorgeous and those legs were to die for. Literally. Oh, shut up, Herit.

I rolled my eyes and turned to the mixologist, asking for another Big Mistake but he pushed a romantic drink towards me instead.

"On the house," he said with a wink.

"The lady's with me." He put one hand on my neck, catching me off guard and for the briefest of moments my heart leapt to see him once more. Ifrit leaned in for a quick peck.

"If-rit!"

"Fancy seeing you here, love." He sat on the stool beside me. He had a new cologne that tickled my nose and a stupid beard I wanted to shave off right there and then. I was just getting to my feet when he catches my arm and tugged, pulling me towards him - unsteady from all the drinks I've been knocking back I was forced against his chest and his beating heart.

"I believe the lady wants to be left alone," I heard the bartender say, his voice so faint against the pounding of Ifrit's heart.

"It's fine," I said, pushing Ifrit away and sitting up properly on the stool.

He ordered a drink which the bartender made begrudgingly and I think he overcharged to which Ifrit took no notice. "If you're looking for plasma we have none, my wife and I are djinns. That lady, however," —pointing to a guitarist I had failed to notice—"has a fetish for fanged creatures like yourself."

"What are you doing here?"

He hesitated. "I'm sorry, I should have told you right from the start." Here, he put his arm around my shoulders as if he had every right to. "Would you have gone along with my plan had I told you the truth?"

"No, of course not,"

"I've been an idiot, you deserve better, and you have every reason to despise me,"

The pair beside us had grown quiet and I suspect they were listening in without intending to - the bar was rather empty now that the lovey-dovey couple had left and the bartender was flirting with the guitarist

"Let's take this conversation somewhere else?"

I nodded and allowed myself to be lead away. I still loved him and wanted to give him the chance to explain himself. I also was thinking of my children, even as adults the decisions Ifrit and I made would affect them and so I found myself back at Ifrit's apartment. As soon as we walked in he tried to kiss me but I wasn't having any of it.

"Any more of that and I'm walking out the door," I said and gave him a shove. I flopped onto the sofa, and moved to one side as he sat next to me with one arm outstretched to cuddle me.

"Jinni, I am sorry, I feel terrible to have betrayed your trust when you put your faith in me to 'release' you. To be honest I've been fascinated by you ever since Herit first mentioned you."

"Really," my voiced dripped with sarcasm.

He ignored my tone and continued, "You're different from her, she spoke of you so often I almost felt I knew you better than I knew myself."

Now that was hard to believe. I looked him straight in the eyes, searching for anything to tell me he was lying but his gaze was warm and I blushed, turning my face away. "I don't believe you fell in love with me without ever meeting me,"

"Don't people do that all the time? People fall in love with fictional characters, troubadours wrote love songs about women they'd only ever heard of, so I don't see why I couldn't do the same with you. It's what compelled me to seek out your lamp, to research how to free you took up a great part of my life. I even fooled your sister just so she'd turn me into a djinni, then I could work on the spell from the inside. When I freed myself, I knew it was possible to do the same for you."

I mulled over what he said. In the weeks we'd been together he had always persevered when I wanted to give up, when we had sculpted non-stop and I had grown sick of it he had smiled and shared his antics of growing up in the scrubland of Lower Egypt. I remembered his encouragement, his face lighting up when I laughed at his stupid jokes that weren't even funny.

"Do you still want to be with me?"

"I won't deny that I haven't thought about it," I replied, twisting back to face him. "Did you also find Amun-Ra's Feather?"

"No," he said sheepishly, covering his face as I giggled. "Don't laugh. It took me ages to find the closest thing resembling it."

"What about Anubis II?"

"I got him from a dogs home, I think he used to be a witch's familiar."

"I want to be with you, to hold your hand and kiss you. Please, give me another chance?"

I placed my hand in his and for a moment am reminded of when we first met. How he had kept staring at me as if he couldn't believe I existed.

"You tore my world apart and only you can put it back together again. I'm sorry I overreacted,"

"You don't have to apologise for anything." He brought my hands to his lips and kissed them lightly. "I love you and I can't live without you, Jinni." He brushed aside a bit of my hair.

"It's good to know that whatever happens, you'll be there for me,"

"Always." This time he kissed me on my lips, our tongues intertwined and I knew there was no way I would want to be apart from him again.

She was desperate to know the secret I'd kept from her so we went back home, to Hidden Springs where our children had gathered to welcome us. There were cheers and tears, hugs and some thumps on the back from my boys - I believe none of them would ever forgive me if I came back empty handed.

I dialled the numbers I had memorised and we stepped into the time machine. She covered her eyes from the brightness that greeted us.

"This is the future?"

"Yes," I said and kissed her forehead. Looking at her stunned expression I could tell she would want to ask a thousand questions but time wasn't on our hands, we couldn't risk meeting our future selves and possibly causing the Simverse to implode. "This way."

We held hands as I led her towards the children's park. There I caught sight of my other self and pulled her back, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Can you see us?"

She squinted her eyes, we were on the other side of the road hiding behind what looked like a futuristic telephone box.

"There!" She said excitedly and then noticed the small children. "Ifrit, I thought we weren't having anymore children!"

I laughed, hugging her even closer. "Grandchildren, my love. Renseneb and Kiya, named after your parents." I felt her tremble, warm tears splashed onto my arm and I kissed the top of her head.

"I can't wait to meet them," she said and we walked away from the cheerful cries of the children as our other selves laid a picnic.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 1/11)
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
Aww! So cute :)

I was grinning like an idiot while getting the screenshot and writing, my jaws ache  ;D

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 1/11)
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »

Extra: What If?

The Bad ending was pretty similar to the start of the Good, except it took place in Midnight Hollow. Jinni lost her cool and the two sisters got into many fights because Herit kept winning! I guess it's because she's a ghost and there was nothing for Jinni to grab? Anyway, on one of their many fights a fire started (forgot to buy Fireproof Homestead!) and I thought - why don't they both become fire ghosts and live in the Gingerbread House for all eternity?

But Jinni foiled my plans and put it out. She's used to dealing with fires...

Then I had Ammit appear to take both of the sisters down to the underworld and finally eat their hearts and souls.

The very last idea hurt. Ifrit and Herit were actually lovers and with their combined magic they sent Jinni back to her lamp forever - the wish to free her would never appear even if her master was best friends with her. This is why my sister voted for the bad end, she got to see the spoilers!

Many thanks to everyone for reading!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
Re: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Updated: 2/11)
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2014, 08:14:22 AM »
I choose my own adventure and go with happy!

Happy endings are always the best, Jinni deserved one after all those years  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2014, 11:26:04 AM »
Although I love happy endings, the bad ending would have been one awesome plot twist  :o

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
Although I love happy endings, the bad ending would have been one awesome plot twist  :o

Yup, I wanted to share snippets of the Bad ending just for those curious about it. Now I'm thinking I will do the same for future projects and let readers decide on endings  :)

Offline Tess

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2014, 03:39:54 PM »
wow I am so impressed with the story! It's so interesting I love it!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
I much prefer the happy ending. The second bad ending is just too bad.

By samoht04

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2014, 05:16:02 AM »
wow I am so impressed with the story! It's so interesting I love it!

Thank you very much, Tess, it's always welcome news to find new readers  ;D

I much prefer the happy ending. The second bad ending is just too bad.

Oh, me too. I could have killed Herit myself if she won over Jinni again  ;)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2014, 08:10:30 AM »
First off, you're in the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

Second, can I move this to the Completed Dynasties board now?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
First off, you're in the Hall of Fame. Congrats!

Second, can I move this to the Completed Dynasties board now?

Thanks, Trip and yes  :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
Hurrah! I'm moving this to the Completed Dynasties board.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
Congratulations on HOF!

By samoht04

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2014, 04:45:33 AM »
Congratulations on HOF!

Thank you very much  ;)